Balorgh's bleed DOT is bogus

Left4Daud
Left4Daud
✭✭✭✭✭
Any other tanks know what I'm talking about here?

Tank Balorgh and you'll end up with this bleed DOT on you, its mostly not a problem. However if you push him into a hunt phase while this DOT is on you it will amp up and tick for like 23k bleed damage, and you're long dead before the DOT / fear clears.

Apparently you're helpless while your character is sitting there covering their face while this DOT destroys them. I've had this dot show up on my death recap, the only thing on my death recap for 120k + in DOT damage.

The only counter play I've discovered is to not get hit when Balorgh is near hunt percents. Kinda hard when your job as the tank is to, you know, take hits.

I thought pushing the boss to hunt phases was supposed to suppress this bleed DOT on your character?

I ran with someone who said they ran with a tank who didn't have this problem.

What's the deal with Balorgh's bleed DOT when you get feared into a hunt?
  • Astrid_V
    Astrid_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My tank had these bleeds on him yesterday, but survived them anyway.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

@Astrid_V

Do you know if they were using the DK ult Magma Shell / Corrosive Armor?

Or how exactly they were surviving?

I had to really get creative to avoid these bleeds in my group on my Nightblade tank.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a bug that was fixed and then re-broken:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/430537
    Edited by code65536 on August 14, 2018 5:30AM
    PC/NA ― GM of The Merchant's Reserve ― Officer of Nightfighters
    @code65536
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – DD – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd

@code4096
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDressing RoomCombat Alerts
  • Astrid_V
    Astrid_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    Astrid_V wrote: »

@Astrid_V

Do you know if they were using the DK ult Magma Shell / Corrosive Armor?

DK with magma.
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea that's what I figured. Obviously I don't have that option on a Nightblade so I wasn't able to survive in a situation a DK could.

Though according to @code65536 's link posted above, the DOT shouldn't be ticking while feared anyways and every class, not just DK's with magma, should be able to tank / survive it.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    Yea that's what I figured. Obviously I don't have that option on a Nightblade so I wasn't able to survive in a situation a DK could.

Though according to @code65536 's link posted above, the DOT shouldn't be ticking while feared anyways and every class, not just DK's with magma, should be able to tank / survive it.

Until ZOS fixes this problem (specifically, the hunt mechanic is amplifying the bleed, which is not intended), the only real solution is to either pop Magma before a hunt phase, or ask your DDs to hold DPS and not push into a hunt phase until the bleed expires.
    PC/NA ― GM of The Merchant's Reserve ― Officer of Nightfighters
    @code65536
    DC – Breton Nightblade – DD – Snow Oryx   ☙
    DC – Dunmer Dragonknight – DD/Tank – Cinder Oryx   ☙
    EP – Altmer Sorcerer – DD – Elim Crake
    DC – Breton Templar – Healer – Zebulon the Spirit Bear
    AD – Bosmer Nightblade – DD – Higgs Bosmer
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Erects-the-Horns-of-War
    DC – Redguard Sorceress – DD – Rallina Oryx
    DC – Altmer Nightblade – DD – Joyèd

@code4096
    DC – Dunmer Nightblade – DD – Raven Oryx   ☙
    DC – Argonian Dragonknight – Tank – Takes-All-Blame
    DC – Altmer Sorceress – DD – Codegasm

The Flawless Conqueror  •  Dro-m'Athra Destroyer  •  Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor  •  Voice of Reason  •  Bringer of Light

Add-Ons: Itemization BrowserLoot LogDeconstruction Junk MarkerRaidificatorPurge TrackervHoF Status PanelAsylum Status PanelDressing RoomCombat Alerts
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yea I had to resort to kiting the boss a few % before the hunt phase triggers to avoid even getting the DOT on me.

There was no way I could survive the amped up damage, even with pre-casting heals and someone spamming heals on me.

A bit sloppy, and I hate practicing a strategy for an unintended mechanic but we managed to handle it for the most part. The thing is, we shouldn't have had to.
  • TheDarkShadow
    TheDarkShadow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I died by the DoT too but 1 teammate will rez me while 1 kite the boss through the trap and the other either heal if needed, or dps the mini wolves down.