The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

The Classless vMA Challenge

Gnortranermara
Gnortranermara
✭✭✭✭✭
I had a crazy thought, and after a brief search I couldn't find much discussion on the topic, so I decided to create a little challenge for veteran ESO players.

Got the endgame blues? Bored? Looking for something new and exciting to do in Tamriel? Maybe you're just frustrated with the game's class balance? Or has power creep made you too powerful?

Whatever your reason, join the Classless Challenge!

The objective is to challenge yourself to complete vMA with no class skills, including Ultimates, active abilities, and passives.

That's right! You are strictly limited to using Weapon, Armor, Guild, World, Alliance War, Racial, and Crafting skill lines.

Start a new character, or get over to a respec shrine, and start discovering what this game would look like without classes. You can use magicka, stamina, or hybrid builds. For a bonus challenge, try playing Raceless, too!

Share your Classless builds and vMA scores here in this thread!
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    World's First? I finished with a pitiful 187,231 score, but I finished!

https://youtu.be/62nz-WG5Vek

Get in there and beat me!
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before Dark Brotherhood release, most Stam Sorc vMA runs used no class skills. Most other stamina classes did so too.
    Edited by susmitds on September 9, 2018 7:55AM
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is about running 100% Classless, no skills or passives. Just the "base" character without the aid of divine favor, dragon blood, spectral bows, demonic electro-monkeys, suicidal pterodactyls, or any of the associated passive bonuses.

And although stam characters used to get much less from class than they do now, Classless has never been BiS for any class. There have always been class skills worth slotting on all stam toons, or at least passives. It's simply untrue to claim that total Classless has ever been the norm.

I've searched pretty thoroughly and found no evidence that this was ever done in competitive endgame content. The word "classless" is used in a few discussions about eliminating classes (if only), replacing classes with spellcrafting, or changing the class system to mix-and-match, but that's not the same idea. There are some builds advertised as "Classless", which it turns out are actually just glorified gear and CP setups that any class can use. And there are some posts where a few people discussed the feasibility of running without class skills, mostly shooting it down or at least keeping their passives. But there's nothing about truly Classless builds competing in vMA or other endgame content.

If you have evidence of prior Classless vMA runs, please share.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on September 9, 2018 8:23PM
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had a crazy thought, and after a brief search I couldn't find much discussion on the topic, so I decided to create a little challenge for veteran ESO players.

Got the endgame blues? Bored? Looking for something new and exciting to do in Tamriel? Maybe you're just frustrated with the game's class balance? Or has power creep made you too powerful?

Whatever your reason, join the Classless Challenge!

The objective is to challenge yourself to complete vMA with no class skills, including Ultimates, active abilities, and passives.

That's right! You are strictly limited to using Weapon, Armor, Guild, World, Alliance War, Racial, and Crafting skill lines.

Start a new character, or get over to a respec shrine, and start discovering what this game would look like without classes. You can use magicka, stamina, or hybrid builds. For a bonus challenge, try playing Raceless, too!

Share your Classless builds and vMA scores here in this thread!

You my friend have yourself a challenger, This weekend when i get off work I will put together a build and challenge your score. My friend, you have some really darn good ideas.
    Since everyone seems to be doing this,
    DPS Builds:
    - Magicka Sorcerer (Pet) [Flawless Conqueror @ 565CP] - 582k
    - Magicka Nightblade [Flawless Conqueror @ 780CP] - 575k
    - Stamina Sorcerer [Flawless Conqueror @ 420CP] - 560k
    - Magicka Classless [Flawless Conqueror @ 810CP] - 540k
    - Magicka Templar [Stormproof] - 550k
    - Magicka Warden [Stormproof] - 510k
    - Stamina Templar [In Development]
    - Stamina DK [In Development]
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sweet! It's an interesting playstyle, enjoy!
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's my run. I think I can do better with a little practice and a lot less alcohol lol.

Sorry if the video quality is a little low, I just uploaded it so it might take a little while to process 1080p.

NOW! Who will challenge ME?
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I better pass the Crown!
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guess I better pass the Crown!

You're awesome dude, later I think I might make a full 0CP Classless run and call it a "Civilian Clear" of vMA. I wish more people would come up with challenges like this.
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, that's waaaay above my skill level. I was just looking for something fun and different. Maybe I'll get on that level one day :)
  • Xerikten
    Xerikten
    ✭✭✭✭
    just take off your vma weapons and 12 man gear then play it like us mortals :smiley:
  • codestripper
    codestripper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, that's waaaay above my skill level. I was just looking for something fun and different. Maybe I'll get on that level one day :)

Don't worry, it might be above mine too lol. Even getting to round 5 was difficult. I wanted to get this done before the shield nerf, but honestly, it'll be about the same size lol. And if anything it might be easier since it will factor resistances in now.
    DPS Builds:
    - Stamina NB [Under 50]
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not my video. And I'm pretty sure he had class passives. But similar in theme, I suppose:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO5zS5aMOow
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OMG that is some next level crazy