The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Vykosa set is really bad

Stibbons
Stibbons
✭✭✭✭✭
3 seconds is not enough or 15 seconds is too long. Make it somehow viable set to use.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3sec dmg reduction, can be timed with hravy hitting mechanics. Leave as is.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pure trash in PvP.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kikkehs wrote: »

@kikkehs um when it comes to a random proc no it cant be timed. it does need a increase in duration as 3 seconds really is far to low 10 seconds would make it viable enough while still remaining balanced.
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

@kikkehs um when it comes to a random proc no it cant be timed. it does need a increase in duration as 3 seconds really is far to low 10 seconds would make it viable enough while still remaining balanced.

@DuskMarine it's not a "random proc" though. Guaranteed proc when you bash a taunted target.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indeed, should be used in trials by a progression grp on encounters with hard hitting mechanics
    Cleared Trials:

• JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this set is really underwhelming. Then they made it worse by only proccing on bash instead of taunt.

Gg ZOS for making another garbage monster set. cough cough Domihaus anyone?
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »

@DuskMarine it's not a "random proc" though. Guaranteed proc when you bash a taunted target.

they actually made a set where it procs when we hit something thats new. monster sets always are random. oh well even still 3 seconds aint enough still needs about 5-10 seconds as the bosses do have a wind up time. and even starfall from warrior is about a 5 or 6 second so the set is useless for 50% of the time its needed.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    5-6sec would be broken OP. As then you could actually get some %uptime on that ***.

You do know that the only other source of major maim is from ultimates, right?
    Cleared Trials:

• JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭

they actually made a set where it procs when we hit something thats new.

^ That's false. Plenty of monster sets require you to hit for them to proc. (i.e., Tremorscale and Maw of Infernal)

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

they actually made a set where it procs when we hit something thats new.

^ That's false. Plenty of monster sets require you to hit for them to proc. (i.e., Tremorscale and Maw of Infernal)

no its hit for a chance not on hit. so its true not false. this new sets on hit it procs.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    (1 item) Adds 4% Healing Taken
    (2 items) When you bash an enemy you have taunted, you frighten them with a deafening howl, applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Please read on the set before screaming. 100% chance on bash if enemy is taunted. So you have 100% control of when it procs.

And 3sec major maim on guarantee landing.

Only other source for major maim is from a NB ultimate.
    Cleared Trials:

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (2 items) When you bash an enemy you have taunted, you frighten them with a deafening howl, applying Major Maim to them for 3 seconds, lowering their damage done by 30%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

Please read on the set before screaming. 100% chance on bash if enemy is taunted. So you have 100% control of when it procs.

yea but you dont actually need major maim >_> long as the tank is worth a crap. this set is not worth actually using wow what a missed opportunity by zos to make another decent tanking monster helmet crap.
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe you are thinking of Major Defile?

Templar Nova and Wardens Frozen Gate are only current sources of Major Maim that I'm aware of.

The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Templar Nova and Wardens Frozen Gate are only current sources of Major Maim that I'm aware of.

Nb Ultimate from the Shadow tree got major maim attached to it.
    You are talking about incap wich is the ult for the assasination tree :)
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

@actosh isn't Consuming Darkness/morphs Major Protection?
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3 seconds duration is pure lol. if you need survivability use meridia that will amke all attacks of enemy to miss you for 5 seconds with cooldown of just 10 seconds. Way better in both PvP and PvE compared to this piece of trash.

This set to be any viable in both PvP and PvE should have duration of 5 seconds if cooldown will remain 15 seconds. or reduce cooldown to 10 seconds.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    3sec is enough for progresing grp too survive mechanics that would whipe them. No score grp will use it. But I know a few progression grps that will use this set.
    Cleared Trials:

• profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5-6sec would be broken OP. As then you could actually get some %uptime on that ***.

You do know that the only other source of major maim is from ultimates, right?

wrong ! Warden has it not for 3 seconds but the full 4 seconds as a default skill (frozen device) !
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guys, I tried this set again the whole run as we completed vMHK last night and again I must confirm it's just utter garbage in it's current form. You have to dodge some 1 shot aoe's all the time and almost never get the chance to time it right. A second too soon or some server lag and the effect is completely wasted. It's just completely ridiculous. Shame, it looked so useful on paper :(
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    3 seconds duration is pure lol. if you need survivability use meridia that will amke all attacks of enemy to miss you for 5 seconds with cooldown of just 10 seconds. Way better in both PvP and PvE compared to this piece of trash.

This set to be any viable in both PvP and PvE should have duration of 5 seconds if cooldown will remain 15 seconds. or reduce cooldown to 10 seconds.

spot on ! Couldn't agree more after extensive testing again last night on all sorts of mobs and a full dungeon run
  • profundidob16_ESO
    profundidob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

wrong ! not NB ultimate but Templar one (Nova and it's morphs)
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »

Miss chance doesn't affect bosses.

I don't know why everyone is losing their mind here, it's an obvious PVE tanking set and it isn't much better or worse than all the other ones we have right now. There are situations where it will be useful on raid tanking. And there are situations where it won't. Not that bad tbh.
  • actosh
    actosh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actosh wrote: »

@actosh isn't Consuming Darkness/morphs Major Protection?

ah *** me ^^, youre right, its protection ^^
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally, I can think of two solutions:
    1. Increase the Major maim duration on vykosa from 3 seconds to 4 seconds.
    2. Reduce the cooldown from 15 seconds to 13 seconds, allowing a 10 second window between each proc instead of a 12 second window after the debuff wears off.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Correction then, templars nova and wardens frozen gate are the ONLY source for major maim. Now a armor set will also have it, and people be crying.

Lol.....
    Cleared Trials:

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correction then, templars nova and wardens frozen gate are the ONLY source for major maim. Now a armor set will also have it, and people be crying.

Lol.....

bloodspawns still better as templars do run both nova and horn in trials. zos didnt really think this through. so once again no new decent sets for tanks old ones still triumph >_>