Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Free Play, Sale & More Coming With QuakeCon 2018"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
e11a339aead00fe0e941a4963762ca42.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "ESO Free Play, Sale & More Coming With QuakeCon 2018" blog article.

QuakeCon 2018 is coming, and during the event, you can play The Elder Scrolls Online free, pick up ESO: Summerset and Crowns on sale, receive an exclusive pet and Twitch Drops, and more. Find out everything you need to know about ESO’s presence at the legendary convention right here.
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on August 7, 2018 7:55PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭
    is that 4pm to 5pm BSM on Friday 17th August for UK console users to log on an kill something to get the rewards ?

Yeah my bad using a little keyboard ment BST lol
    Edited by DontBeDead-Claw on August 7, 2018 8:44PM
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    ClawmyName wrote: »
    is that 4pm to 5pm BSM on Friday 17th August for UK console users to log on an kill something to get the rewards ?

Apologies ClawmyName if BSM is different from BST....but if they are the same then 12pmEST is equivalent to 5pm BST.
    Hope that helps!
  • FreshlyB8ked
    FreshlyB8ked
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'd like to add that I'm very happy to see console players not being excluded from the crate drops and the exclusive pet being offered during this event with the PC/Mac Twitch Rewards. Not a perfect system yet as many console players will be at work during this time(PC/Mac can watch this stream wherever they are and obtain the rewards)....but certainly a step in the right direction!
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭
    lol my bad using a little keyboard I ment BST
    Edited by DontBeDead-Claw on August 7, 2018 8:45PM
  • MrGarlic
    MrGarlic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that I will give this a miss as it is at 4AM for me. Not even for the cool mount. Sorry.
    'Sharp Arrows'Mr.Garlic
    Hidden by darkness, a shadow in the night,A sped arrow dissecting the gloom,Finding it's target, such delight.
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    If it's so easy to get these rewards by logging in, then make PC/Mac players do that as well, together with console players. Lets see how many of them will get it in this case.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you keep your progress if you start on a new account with the free play days?
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you keep your progress if you start on a new account with the free play days?

Yes.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jazdia
    Jazdia
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see console players get a chance this time around even though it’s a short window.

I only wish they’d taken into account different time zones. This is going to be 1.30am for me on Sat. I’d like to get the freebies, but I guess we’ll see how tired I am.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is good to see ZOS is actually starting to gain some flexibility and offer console players the opportunity to gain these rewards which have otherwise been blocked from them.

1. I still think they can work on the timing of these special events or ways around the limitations of such a small window of time to earn them but I also think ZOS is pretty creative and will eventually work this out.

2. I really honestly believe that "subscribers" (those who pay for ESO+) should not be required to sign up with twitch and link their accounts to receive these rewards. Perhaps if anything is required for them to "earn" them, besides paying a subscription fee, then they should be required to log in and kill something just like the console players are.

^ This would also add incentive to signing up for ESO+

• PocketNova
    PocketNova
    ✭✭✭✭
    2am my time. Ouch. That pet is cool but I dunno if I wanna be up at that hour just for a pet.

Kinda wish other timezones were taken into account. Oceanic always gets screwed on maintaince too.
    PC NA
    Master Angler
    Dressed as Wonder Woman
    Living in Hogwarts
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apologies ClawmyName if BSM is different from BST....but if they are the same then 12pmEST is equivalent to 5pm BST.
    Hope that helps!
    I think you have to add an hour, the article states:
    If you are on console, don’t worry, you can acquire the pet AND Crown Crates by simply logging into the game and killing one enemy monster in the hour after the Keynote stream (between 1:00PM EDT and 2:00PM EDT). Console rewards will be delivered on August 28.
    So that's 6pm for UK, and 7pm (or 19:00) for CEST countries, like e.g. germany..
    (pls correct if I'm wrong!)
  • Grape_Force
    Always good to see the love shared with those of us on console
  • Esmaralda
    Esmaralda
    ✭✭
    Why at noon? It will be hard to sneak it on my phone a work. Will there be a replay we can watch and still earn the pet and crates?
    ♥♥♥ Ezmaralda, Vampire of Morrowind ♥♥♥
  • yavid41510
    yavid41510
    Soul Shriven
    So if we're at work and not able to log in are we just gonna miss out? Or is there. Second chance at this?
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    psxfloh wrote: »
    Hope that helps!
    I think you have to add an hour, the article states:
    If you are on console, don’t worry, you can acquire the pet AND Crown Crates by simply logging into the game and killing one enemy monster in the hour after the Keynote stream (between 1:00PM EDT and 2:00PM EDT). Console rewards will be delivered on August 28.
    So that's 6pm for UK, and 7pm (or 19:00) for CEST countries, like e.g. germany..
    (pls correct if I'm wrong!)

Is it 4pm to 5pm or 5pm to 6pm ?
  • psxfloh
    psxfloh
    ✭✭✭✭
    psxfloh wrote: »
    (between 1:00PM EDT and 2:00PM EDT).
    LordLomax wrote: »
    Is it 4pm to 5pm or 5pm to 6pm ?
    - 1:00PM EDT => https://www.google.com/search?q=1:00PM+EDT
    - 2:00PM EDT => https://www.google.com/search?q=2:00PM+EDT
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for giving console players away to earn the rewards as well.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will free play on the PC include pts?
  • etherin77
    etherin77
    ✭✭✭
    So my friend didnt follow the link to make an acct to play this weekend, when they did follow the link, it said user name alrady used, so they chnged it, now it says email already in use... how are they suppose to play if they cant access it now?
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Gina girl, you on TV right now :smiley:
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
    Say hello, I'll say hello back.
    Gaymer
  • ForgottenLight
    ForgottenLight
    Soul Shriven
    My friend has an already created ESO account. He created it during the previous event of a free play. But then he did not login into the game. The game is not bought from him. Now when he try to enter the game from that account, the client of the game shows that the account is not active. On this page it is written that it a new account will not be created. What's he doing wrong?
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My friend has an already created ESO account. He created it during the previous event of a free play. But then he did not login into the game. The game is not bought from him. Now when he try to enter the game from that account, the client of the game shows that the account is not active. On this page it is written that it a new account will not be created. What's he doing wrong?

Did he ever confirm his account?
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Murkmire's design looks amazing! I thought the reception by the audience was a bit underwhelming--they don't know what they're missing! <3 you ESO :blush:
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was quite interesting (the ESO parts). Now, can I stop watching and still qualify for the drops? It's been an hour and stuff is still going on, though it's all DOOM gameplay now.

edit: Answer doesn't matter, there was too much motion sickness setting in to continue, stream is shut down and I just hope I get a fire puppy later. The increased Plus benefits are intriguing so I'm glad I saw the ESO bits.
    Edited by Donari on August 10, 2018 5:11PM
  • ForgottenLight
    ForgottenLight
    Soul Shriven
    Yes. He received a e-mail with the theme "Elder Scrolls Online - Account Activation Success". The content of the e-mail was written:
    ---
    Greetings V****,

Your account has been successfully activated! If you have any questions about your account, you can contact us at help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home and we'll be happy to assist you.

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls® Online Team
    ---
    Maybe he needed to do something else?
    PS: This message is issued when he login to the game
    uCPWYP6.png
    Login and password copied and pasted from the file so the error in the text is excluded. The same login and password are suited to log in to www.elderscrollsonline.com
    Edited by ForgottenLight on August 11, 2018 12:09PM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just saw the QuakeCon Video! Very excited for things coming out!

ps: good to see Matt does indeed own nice shirt and pants. Gina looking fabulous as always.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. He received a e-mail with the theme "Elder Scrolls Online - Account Activation Success". The content of the e-mail was written:
    ---
    Greetings V****,

Your account has been successfully activated! If you have any questions about your account, you can contact us at help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/home and we'll be happy to assist you.

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls® Online Team
    ---
    Maybe he needed to do something else?
    PS: This message is issued when he login to the game
    uCPWYP6.png
    Login and password copied and pasted from the file so the error in the text is excluded. The same login and password are suited to log in to www.elderscrollsonline.com

SO it's not just me- I made a second account to play around with, activated the e-mail and everything and now I can't log in. Same exact issue. Tried resetting my password just in case, still not working.
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I noticed that the pets (and presumably crates) seem to have been sent out to the players who "attended" the QuakeCon keynote address online via Twitch, since they're running around all over PC/NA. I haven't gotten mine, and when I've asked in zone chat, I haven't yet been able to find anyone else who's still waiting on theirs. I logged into both my Twitch and ESO accounts, and watched the stream on the Bethesda Twitch page (using the link in the news announcement). I know it's not the 17th yet, but since they seem to have been delivered, I'm wondering if something has gone wrong and I should create a ticket for this.

Also, I LOVE that Murkmire mount, and really hope it's part of the collector's edition pack for the DLC! I main an Argonian, so I'm super excited by the Murkmire environment we got to glimpse.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no wolf pet or crates... :/

I even posted in the stream about being excited for the pet as it was live!

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom