Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

One Bar Easy vMA w/Video MagSorc Build for Summerset(No Trial, Monster set, Maelstrom Weapon needed)

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix

I think it is great you posted this thread to help others. After all that is a big justification for Zos providing us these forums.

However, I think, and my opinion here, that it is improper to think you own this thread as you seem to feel. The person I responded to was still having challenges and I appropriately suggested some additional resources. Since your choice was to berate me for doing so instead of providing him additional guidance then my previous post was clearly appropriate.

Also, providing such scathing censure of my post is does much more to derail your thread than my simple providing some additional resources to help.

@hamgatan Clearly based on your post you did not look at that link nor the vMA section to begin with. @Alcast website is far from FOTM or BiS.

Yes, he has some gear he thinks is BiS with every build but he also posts easily obtainable gear and lists CP for those that are not at cap.

Further, that vMA section is basically setup for beginers, far from far from anything that could be considered FOTM or BiS criticism.

Further, his site, PvE wise, is from the perspective of doing dungeons and trials/arenas (and some PvP). I think it is very odd to think that someone should post builds for over world questing and whatever as you suggest.

If you can provide something better do it, but your criticism of Alcasts site, and my posting it, could not be further from the truth.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    @DeadlyPhoenix

I think it is great you posted this thread to help others. After all that is a big justification for Zos providing us these forums.

However, I think, and my opinion here, that it is improper to think you own this thread as you seem to feel. The person I responded to was still having challenges and I appropriately suggested some additional resources. Since your choice was to berate me for doing so instead of providing him additional guidance then my previous post was clearly appropriate.

Also, providing such scathing censure of my post is does much more to derail your thread than my simple providing some additional resources to help.

@hamgatan Clearly based on your post you did not look at that link nor the vMA section to begin with. @Alcast website is far from FOTM or BiS.

Yes, he has some gear he thinks is BiS with every build but he also posts easily obtainable gear and lists CP for those that are not at cap.

Further, that vMA section is basically setup for beginers, far from far from anything that could be considered FOTM or BiS criticism.

Further, his site, PvE wise, is from the perspective of doing dungeons and trials/arenas (and some PvP). I think it is very odd to think that someone should post builds for over world questing and whatever as you suggest.

If you can provide something better do it, but your criticism of Alcasts site, and my posting it, could not be further from the truth.

Just an observation, he was asking for help with stage 5. He was not asking for a link to a completely different build by someone else.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix

@idk Look, I wasn't berating anyone and I even said I meant no disrespect. Your tone seems a little hateful though. Yes it's my thread, in the guide section, about a specific build. Posting a link to another build is rude. That's just the way I see it.

Also, if you would have taken the time to read the entire thread, as I clearly have done since it is my thread, you would have seen that I gave @rumple9 specific advice concerning stage 5 and he even responded later saying that he is now stuck on stage 9.

The post you replied to was from months ago before Summerset even. All your post does is say hey, go try out this build it might work better for you.

As I said, I appreciate you trying to help and linking Alcasts' site wasn't all bad since he at least had a video, I just still think it's a little rude.

To say I offered no additional guidance when I clearly did and I've responded to him multiple times in this very thread, is just hilarious.

All it really does is confuse new players even more. They think that since it's a more popular build it will work better and for some people it might, however people who come into this thread specifically aren't looking for that. They came here for something simple and easy that doesn't require perfect internet or reflexes.

This build was also designed with vMA in mind and it even says that in the title. It also says it in my original post. It wasn't mean for overland content, but clearly if you can finish vMA with it, it should be viable for any overland content and any normal vet dungeon.

Lastly I didnt criticize Alcast, his builds nor his website. People know who he is and if they want to use his builds and guides that's perfectly fine by me. They will work for some people. This build is for the people it won't work for. It is aimed at beginners, high ping players and disabled people who have a hard time bar swapping and animation cancelling.

If you can't see why I thought it was rude and still think it is especially given your reasoning behind posting it, then that is your problem.

Everyone who has posted in this thread I have gone through great lengths to reply to and offer the best advice I can. Everyone has received a reply from me with specific advice when they asked for help concerning vMA. Just read back through (the entire thread this time) and you will see what I'm talking about.

Like I said, I wasn't trying to berate or disrespect you, it's just disrespectful to do what you did.
  • Locriana
    Locriana
    ✭✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »
    Locriana wrote: »
    @DeadlyPhoenix how are you getting 40% crit with necro and torugs and no inner light on the bar?

@DeadlyPhoenix answered that above - me, I get about 42% with Inner slotted, 32 without so it's the same. That said I can regain that 10% crit in my Spell Power Pots which have pretty much 100% uptime if i pop them every 45 seconds. I actually want to try the second pet in that slot to see if it makes a difference.
    As for my stats @hamgatan that's a lot to include, but ought to be the same as yours if we are both using this build? I'm cp 750 using necro and torugs as described. High elf. All passives, skills leveled. So it should be the same as anyone full CP with this build. Maybe you are just seeing the summoners farther away and sooner or your infernal guardian is melting them!

I'm a little bit less than you in CP.. 740 I think off memory.. but only undaunted mettle 1. Infernal definitely makes a difference.. like it literally identifies where the *** are because its like a homing beacon. I have varied the build slightly though.. i run my Heavy piece on the chest because those give the best resistances and Med on the legs. I took a screenshot last night when i was running it of the summoners spawning.. will post it when i get home.

You are so right about that homing beacon thing... I'm getting through the rounds pretty steadily now, thanks.
    Final boss, that's another matter. if I have an ulti ready I can usually get up top, put a little dps on the crystals, but that's about it. When I come back down -- well, a LOT on this stage -- something is snaring me way too much. That's my downfall every time. Even when nobody's around that's supposed to snare. Maybe it's getting bugged because I stayed in there too long... I just don't know.

And spell pots? Are you serious? Friend you are a cut way above me in this (well that's definitely true anyway lol) if you can survive in there without a potion that contains health. I use tripots or spell crit pots with health and magicka.

<slumping shoulders now....sigh>
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty fun build.
    Can't pass Vault of umbrage anyway :D
    (has ~ zero memories about timings and spawns, coz never bothered to run this true example of crappy game design very often)
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix how are you getting 40% crit with necro and torugs and no inner light on the bar?

@DeadlyPhoenix answered that above - me, I get about 42% with Inner slotted, 32 without so it's the same. That said I can regain that 10% crit in my Spell Power Pots which have pretty much 100% uptime if i pop them every 45 seconds. I actually want to try the second pet in that slot to see if it makes a difference.
    As for my stats @hamgatan that's a lot to include, but ought to be the same as yours if we are both using this build? I'm cp 750 using necro and torugs as described. High elf. All passives, skills leveled. So it should be the same as anyone full CP with this build. Maybe you are just seeing the summoners farther away and sooner or your infernal guardian is melting them!

I'm a little bit less than you in CP.. 740 I think off memory.. but only undaunted mettle 1. Infernal definitely makes a difference.. like it literally identifies where the *** are because its like a homing beacon. I have varied the build slightly though.. i run my Heavy piece on the chest because those give the best resistances and Med on the legs. I took a screenshot last night when i was running it of the summoners spawning.. will post it when i get home.

You are so right about that homing beacon thing... I'm getting through the rounds pretty steadily now, thanks.
    Final boss, that's another matter. if I have an ulti ready I can usually get up top, put a little dps on the crystals, but that's about it. When I come back down -- well, a LOT on this stage -- something is snaring me way too much. That's my downfall every time. Even when nobody's around that's supposed to snare. Maybe it's getting bugged because I stayed in there too long... I just don't know.

And spell pots? Are you serious? Friend you are a cut way above me in this (well that's definitely true anyway lol) if you can survive in there without a potion that contains health. I use tripots or spell crit pots with health and magicka.

@Locriana

Don't get discouraged! You will beat it eventually I am sure! There is a reason it's the toughest solo content in the game. Trust me, we've all struggled with it. My first clear I was ready to start ripping my hair out and probably would have had it been long enough at the time :tongue:

I'm actually not sure what is snaring you when you get down to the bottom again. As far as I remember, I don't think anything does other than the white ghosts if you run into them. That might be the culprit. I can't even remember if they spawn on the final boss it's been so long since I ran it. Well only a couple months, but still need a refresher.

Have you managed to clear all the crystals and get the boss back down to the bottom?

It took forever for me to get up top consistently, then forever again to be able to clear the crystals consistently. Then actually killing him took forever again. It takes a lot of practice and determination. I was ready to never go back into that place again. I took about a two week break from it and returned to clear the final stage with only two deaths.

I won't have time to get on and play today or tomorrow, but hopefully this weekend I will get a chance to run vMA and record it. Question is, would you like to see me running it using sigils, so you can see when and what to grab, or would you rather I use no sigils to make it more challenging and have to pay closer attention to the mechanics?

Also, using the spell crit potions that recover health and magic is definitely a viable option. If you're running power surge you won't need the spell damage from the potion anyway.

Sorry I couldn't give you more specific information regarding the snares you're encountering. Just been too long and I'm drawing a blank atm :neutral:
    Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on July 19, 2018 7:38PM
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Pretty fun build.
    (has ~ zero memories about timings and spawns, coz never bothered to run this true example of crappy game design very often)

@SilverWF

Vault of Umbrage..... My least favorite stage of them all.... is there a specific round you're getting stuck on or is it just the boss round in particular?

You always want to kill the archers first and slotting crushing shock will stop their charge up one shot kill ability. (Where they raise their bow in the air and it glows red) don't get hit by their cone effect either as it will apply the same poison the spores do. Definitely keep an eye out for the summoners and drop them as quick as you can. They take priority over the archers even.

For the boss round, it really comes down to watching where you're going and your foot placement. If you get hit by a spore in this stage, it usually, but not always, means death. Only kill one mender when they appear and when the boss starts his scream, stand in the bubble the other mender summons. It will negate his one shot kill scream and allow you to do free damage while taking none yourself.

Let me know which part you're struggling with exactly and I'll try to be more specific.
    Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on July 19, 2018 7:51PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix

@idk Look, I wasn't berating anyone and I even said I meant no disrespect. Your tone seems a little hateful though. Yes it's my thread, in the guide section, about a specific build. Posting a link to another build is rude. That's just the way I see it..

You did specifically suggest I was being rude with my first post. If that is not berating I do not know what is.

If you want to get upset because I provided additional information which included a video that is your prerogative. However, by reprimanding me you working to derail your own thread, which to a degree is your choice as well.

You clearly did not even read my post since you state I said go try this build. I did not say go try this build, but merely the additional information, including a video, may help.

Again, I think it is great you created this thread to help others but I think you are coming off a little heavy on others providing additional information. It just seems as though you feel you own this thread.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty fun build.

@SilverWF

Vault of Umbrage..... My least favorite stage of them all.... is there a specific round you're getting stuck on or is it just the boss round in particular?

You always want to kill the archers first and slotting crushing shock will stop their charge up one shot kill ability. (Where they raise their bow in the air and it glows red) don't get hit by their cone effect either as it will apply the same poison the spores do. Definitely keep an eye out for the summoners and drop them as quick as you can. They take priority over the archers even.

For the boss round, it really comes down to watching where you're going and your foot placement. If you get hit by a spore in this stage, it usually, but not always, means death. Only kill one mender when they appear and when the boss starts his scream, stand in the bubble the other mender summons. It will negate his one shot kill scream and allow you to do free damage while taking none yourself.

Let me know which part you're struggling with exactly and I'll try to be more specific.

Boss fight.
    All previous phases of that stage are fairly easy (especially after I found a column where I can hide from archers and be safe from spores)
    But in boss fight I'm forced to be in the center and spores are spawning just randomly and in 90% cases - under some shielder feet. So I would be poisoned (6k per tick) or boss would gave me bleed (7k per tick) or I would be just oneshotted by scream, because shielder just dies from AOE ><
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty fun build.

@SilverWF

Boss fight.
    All previous phases of that stage are fairly easy (especially after I found a column where I can hide from archers and be safe from spores)
    But in boss fight I'm forced to be in the center and spores are spawning just randomly and in 90% cases - under some shielder feet. So I would be poisoned (6k per tick) or boss would gave me bleed (7k per tick) or I would be just oneshotted by scream, because shielder just dies from AOE ><

@SilverWF

Position yourself between the boss and the shielder when he starts his scream (still inside the shield though) and try to make sure your aoes don't hit the shielder. Are you running boundless storm by chance? If so I would recommend not using it when the shielders are up so you don't kill them too quickly.

If for some reason the summoner comes out when the boss starts his scream, I usually interrupt his scream immediately. Otherwise a spore will sometimes spawn inside the bubble and get you killed.

A lot of this stage comes down to RNG and your footwork. The scream will also kill the summoner, so if there isn't a spore near the shielder, it's usually safe to let the boss continue his scream to kill the summoner while you're shielded.

If you notice the shielder is taking damage, interrupt the boss before it dies so you don't die as well. A lot of this stage is just pure luck where the spores spawn, since they do so randomly and will even explode at random times when you're not even close to it.

Another thing to try is killing the shielder that is closest to the boss, so that your aoes can focus the boss and not hit the shielder as well.

The shield sigil can also come in very handy during this fight. If you need to, grab all of them, though I wouldn't recommend all at once.

Hope this helps a little bit. It's one of the toughest fights in vMA because if RNG isn't on your side or you take one wrong step, it's game over.
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix
    That's it, this stage is way too rng and that's why I called it as crappy design...
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix

@idk Look, I wasn't berating anyone and I even said I meant no disrespect. Your tone seems a little hateful though. Yes it's my thread, in the guide section, about a specific build. Posting a link to another build is rude. That's just the way I see it..

You did specifically suggest I was being rude with my first post. If that is not berating I do not know what is.

If you want to get upset because I provided additional information which included a video that is your prerogative. However, by reprimanding me you working to derail your own thread, which to a degree is your choice as well.

You clearly did not even read my post since you state I said go try this build. I did not say go try this build, but merely the additional information, including a video, may help.

Again, I think it is great you created this thread to help others but I think you are coming off a little heavy on others providing additional information. It just seems as though you feel you own this thread.

@idk

I don't own the thread. It's just common decency not to promote another build in a guide detailing a different build. The video isn't that helpful either since it's using an entirely different build that focuses heavily on animation cancelling and bar swapping. If you linked another one bar build with a video, I wouldn't have said anything at all. The builds are used differently and you will approach the mechanics in a different way. You may as well have linked a video to a magblade vMA run.

I said it was a tad bit rude to post a link to another build, but I also said I appreciated the help. That wasn't berating you. If you dont see how it's rude, I can't make you see it.

No you didn't say go try that build out specifically, but it's kind of implied. If you link another build, you're basically saying they should give that one a try and that's what I meant by that.

I'm not trying to argue with you. I'm not berating you and I'm not even mad.

You could have also offered more specific advice pertaining to this specific build rather than linking an entirely different style of build.

Again, I'm not mad, not berating you, not upset or anything and I do appreciate you trying to help players out. I think it would have been more beneficial to respond with a post talking about this specific build and how to handle the mechanics using it rather than someone else's entirely different build.

Edit*

Won't be replying about this anymore, not because of derailment, simply because it's pointless. I thought it was rude, you dont. Difference of opinions I guess.
    Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on July 19, 2018 8:37PM
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix
    That's it, this stage is way too rng and that's why I called it as crappy design...

@SilverWF

I agree. I hate this stage the most. I'm not saying they need to completely remove the spores, but some kind of pattern or something to them would be nice.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix

Won't be replying about this anymore.

This is good because it is derailing the threads. BTW, the video is beneficial since it does show the fights and he is using more beginner gear rather than his BiS gear. He does make that clear.

Glad you came to understand it is merely a different of opinion and you have it clear that calling my actions rude was not intended to berate me.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix

This is good because it is derailing the threads. BTW, the video is beneficial since it does show the fights and he is using more beginner gear rather than his BiS gear. He does make that clear.

Glad you came to understand it is merely a different of opinion and you have it clear that calling my actions rude was not intended to berate me.

Derailing the thread.... Linking a post to a well known and extremely popular streamer... Would you go into Alcasts' thread, in this very guide section, and post a link to my build?

No, because it is disrespectful. There is no need for it because obviously if they found my thread, they have seen his more than likely being as it's located in the same section and has over 1 million views. The information you provided may as well be considered common knowledge.

The video is again, a little irrelevant other than mob spawning locations and boss mechanics. However since it relies so heavily on animation cancelling and bar swapping, the way you approach the mechanics is different and that is why it doesn't help much.

I did reply, maybe I shouldn't have but you still seem disrespectful in our "mutual" agreement of our difference of opinions.

If you have any respect at all, you would edit your posts and remove your comments. I would even do the same except you seem compelled to prove me wrong.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR0POBdmSYhHQuaXXLMj15HqWMmw3xnk-R8VhIFczHdr30uQhKe3Q
    Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on July 19, 2018 11:45PM
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix

fanboy much?

come on, you (as have i) have been around since the dawn of the game and should know better. Whenever Alcast says 'this gear is BiS' the market goes stupid for that item. Same as Deltia before him. Where was Necromancer 2 years ago? It was cheap as chips and an irrelevant set.. now 25k+ for a purple ring. Who bothered with BSW before he made a build with it then every man and his dog began farming CoA, you could get DPS queued in group finder within a minute it was that popular. This has long been a huge gripe of mine how streamers are setting the meta for the market.

every time i have pugged a vet dungeon and someone is having trouble and dying frequently or just lacking dps - i ask them what their setup is. half the time as soon as they start listing the gear i immediately recognise it as an Alcast build. new players take on these builds (either from googling it or being recommended it) without understanding fully the complexities of the support roles required - they lack the experience to fill in the gaps that Alcast doesn't explain on things that are essentially assumed knowledge to you and me.

just as an example - one of the older builds of his in the past ran Moondancer, and i had one dps hitting like a wet noodle who was wearing it, despite me wearing SPC. Legit, the DPS did NOT know that he had to pop synergies to get the 5pc to proc. Alcast's builds assume that the user knows this, its not always the case. Is that Alcast's fault, no.. it's a L2P issue but it seems to be an extremely common issue centred around the fact these more inexperienced players are all trying to run the builds and wondering why they arent smashing 45k dps with them like he is.

umm... lag... expert ani-cancelling... list goes on. it's an un-level playing field.
    PC / NA - 1250 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit StamDK PvE DPS 76k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA Potato PetSorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

| Aedra | Fellowship of the Ble | Latency Challenged | The Skooma Emporium | Unlimited |
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i try to save my ultimates for when i go back down - because theres usually a CG waiting below to incinerate me, having a Suppression Field handy has saved my bacon a lot. the snares you will be getting as @DeadlyPhoenix said are from the ghosts.. they apply a chill effect to you which snares bad. it's unfortunately one of those environment variables you have to watch out for.

on the crystals i think i have that part figured out now. i drop dots on the first one and HA it when i go up, the Scamp automatically runs to the first crystal - proc the scamps effect on it (the same keybind you use to summon) and have block up because the first skull will be inbound by now. then i switch bars... hit lightning form and surge, swap back and repeat the process. the mechanic up top is actually pretty predictable once you get it, block skulls.. dps crystals... avoid the red circle heavy attacks from boss... hide behind the shield thing... when the explosion comes repeat the process. i generally let most of my dps up there come from the DoT's and scamp as they can be planted pretty much and not get effected by what Solkyn is doing. ive got that part down now so i can get pretty much all the crystals down before i get the final knockdown below.

reason i run the spell pots over tri-stat is the triple whammy of major sorcery (spell damage), major intellect (magicka recovery) and major whatever the other one is for the crit as well as the small magicka restore. that to me is more valuable than a small amount of health back and stam. i have sustain issues so the recovery is much needed, especially in a situation where i need to pop HW, then surge then drop AoE's so it can refill my health back up quick. I find that burst heal is infinitely better than just a 7k health return on pot..
    Edited by hamgatan on July 20, 2018 3:05AM
    PC / NA - 1250 CP
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP

| Aedra | Fellowship of the Ble | Latency Challenged | The Skooma Emporium | Unlimited |
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix

If I felt this thread was pertinent to a comment in an Alcast thread yes.. And Alcast would not get upset about it.

Also, his builds and that video does not really on animation canceling. Not sure why you keep saying that but it does not matter.

I understand you continuing to berate me from the first post you made to me to this last one, even though you say you are not. Oddly you work to make sure I see it since you do ping me on it.

@DeadlyPhoenix

fanboy much?

come on, you (as have i) have been around since the dawn of the game and should know better. Whenever Alcast says 'this gear is BiS' the market goes stupid for that item.

@hamgatan

I assume this is an attempt at humor. Fanboy, lol

Further, you clearly have not even bothered looking at that link based on what you have said since he is clearly not discussing BiS in that thread. The first clue is the CP build is for CP300 and he does that video with that CP build.
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, you win. Thank you for your contribution.
    Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on July 20, 2018 4:03AM
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @hamgatan @Locriana @SilverWF @LadyLethalla @rumple9 @Sevn @griffkhalifa @lanzim3 @stephjs @Juju_beans

Stayed up late tonight so I could post a video. If Midyear Mayhem starts soon I will be spending most of my time in game doing that, so went ahead and ran vMA tonight.

I had to do it in two parts to make sure that my PS4 would record the whole run. The second video is still uploading, but this is part one, which is stages 1-5. I'm sorry if the video quality is poor.

I did die once in the second video, but it wasn't even a main boss. Just Vault of Umbrage spores got me...

I was also running a flame enchantment instead of lightning as @cam_575 suggested. I didn't test it against a target dummy to get an exact parse, but it did seem to do very well and even applied burning to targets at times.

I have updated the main post with this information. I will also update this post and my original post with part 2 once its finished uploading.

Edit*
    Added the second video and updated the original post as well. I hope this helps some of you running this build! I didn't use any sigils and was using normal essence of magicka potions occasionally. They weren't really needed, but why not? I was also running Empowered Ward instead of Hardened Ward which means smaller shields but you get extra magicka regen. It really isn't needed with this build, I just already had it for a PvP build of mine and didn't feel like respeccing for one morph.

Pt.1 Stages 1-5
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnA4MpsCllg&amp;t=1387s

Pt.2 Stages 6-9
    https://youtu.be/EdMSas6r5oA
    Edited by DeadlyPhoenix on July 20, 2018 7:52AM
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyPhoenix
    Yeah, thx, I've finished vMA yesterday :D
    Still stage Vault of Umbrage is fkn random crap, that must not exist at all in the game
    If I won in other stages - I has a knowledge why I won, same with loose (slow on reapply shield or didn't interrupted someone etc)
    Absolutely another stuff in the Vault of Umbrage: if I loose - I have no idea why, if I won - the same no idea. Only 1 word: random.
    Your build is well designed for vMA tho, thanks

P.S. Ignored that guy more than year ago, and seems he would never tired to approve me being right in this :D
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice Build @DeadlyPhoenix, I'll be sure to bookmark this. B)

Just a couple of "Optional Ideas."
    • In place of torugs pact, wouldn't Mechanical Acuity be a good alternative as it grants extra weapon & spell damage, extra max magicka & max stamina, and the 5th piece bonus grants "unerring Mechanical Vision" for 5 seconds, making every attack and heal a guaranteed critical, occurring once every 18 seconds.(which is like a 13 second window between each proc.) it would be good for squeezing in extra damage, especially with the ultimate, but the only downside is it only procs on direct damage which is probably best to work it with crushing shock or the final damage tick of a lightning staff heavy attack as the final hit is direct.
    • Just a question here: since you are using bastion to increase shield strength, wouldn't it be better to have empowered ward, because even though hardened ward has increased strength (and I respect that decision) but having Empowered ward not only increases the duration of the shield and reduces the cost, but it also grants you and nearby allies minor intellect which helps slightly with magicka sustainability which, in this case, may make it easier to use the ward in the long run (probably.)
    • monster sets may be optional but it may be wise to put up a list of monster sets that may be helpful such as Infernal guardian that was mentioned in a previous comment, but viably speaking, I might help with that if it is permissible at the time.

monster set list:
    • Infernal Guardian.
      1 item: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
      2 items: When you use a damage shield ability, you have a 50% chance to lob 3 mortars over 2 seconds at the furthest enemy from you that each deal 63-5500 Flame damage to all enemies within 5 meters of the blast area. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
      "as mentioned in a comment, Infernal guardian is a good way to know the positions of distant enemies, primarily in vMA, but really, this set gives damage shields a type of offensive lean which is by far a good one to keep."
    • Iceheart.
      1 item: Adds 9-833 Spell Critical
      2 items: When you deal Critical Damage, you have a 20% chance to gain a damage shield that absorbs 100-8600 damage for 6 seconds. While the damage shield holds, you deal 8-770 Frost damage to all enemies within 5 meters of you every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
      "A good defensive monster set that not only gives a bit of spell critical, but when dealing critical damage, the wearer gains a damage shield that deals frost damage to nearby enemies while the shield holds, just a word of warning, the more enemies the set damages, the more it lags a bit as damaging multiple enemies with this set may cause a serious drop in framerate depending on the size of the mob so use this set with caution."
    • Mighty Chudan.
      1 item: Adds 34-2975 Spell Resistance
      1 item: Adds 34-2975 Physical Resistance
      2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
      2 items: Gain Major Ward and Major Resolve at all times, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280.
      "A good passively defensive set which seriously boosts the wearers chances of survivability as it grants added health in addition to major ward/resolve at all times, the best part is it also makes it easier to sustain Hardened ward as the added resistances mean that wards take less overall damage in a way."
    • Shadowrend.
      1 item: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
      2 items: When you take damage, you have a 15% chance to summon a shadowy Clannfear for 15 seconds. The Clannfear's basic attacks deal 40-3440 Magic damage and apply Minor Maim to any enemy hit for 10 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
      "A good semi defensive monster set which has a 15% chance to summon a shadowy clannfear, from which the damage it deals has a nasty habit of afflicting enemies with minor maim, reducing the enemies damage potential and making it easier to survive in dangerous fights, fun fact: it does not say anything about taking damage to your health like the pirate skeleton set so it may be guaranteed to proc, Damage shield or no."
    • Valkyn Skoria
      1 item: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
      2 items: When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you have a 8% chance to summon a meteor that deals 104-9000 Flame damage to the target and 46-4000 Flame damage to all other enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
      ”Yet another good offensive set which gives a bit of health, but it also hits an enemy with a massive dose of fire damage and slightly less to enemies in 5 meters when dealing damage with a damage over time effect.”
    • Zaan
      2 items: When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 20% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 40-3440 Flame damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.
      “An offensive set which, while it may deal damage to a single target, it is surprisingly sought out for PvE builds as the damage each second becomes increasingly dangerous the longer you hold the beam, up to a maximum of 250% bonus damage on the final tick, making boss fights easier.”

I do hope these help to your liking.
    "When the human race learns to read the language of symbolism, a great veil will fall from the eyes of men." ~Manly P. Hall
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to say thanks again for sharing this build. I've tried using other builds to little success and had just decided to shelve my magsorc. After trying your guidelines ( I admittedly tweaked a few things) I'm loving my magsorc. I've nearly doubled the damage output I was able to attain earlier without anywhere near the same effort.

My dps is/was trash. I thought I was good until I got a dummy and realized I was barely hitting 9k-10k dps. Don't laugh, it's not funny! Almost quit playing I was so embarrassed and disappointed in myself. I know it's not the gear because I have 95% of the bis gear, it's my rotation, which just isn't going to improve anytime soon. My main issue me thinks is I play PvE like I play pvp, dynamically and on the fly.

But this build? I'm burning through content and definitely holding my own. Haven't been through vma yet but I'll post back with an update much later. Just wanted to say thanks again!
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also thought I'd make a video of my last run (PC). Pieced the footage together from in between several deaths.. you can see the epic fail I have trying to deal with the lag monster (Watch me mashing HW and it just not firing!). Ugh! Fix your game ZOS.

https://youtu.be/giDT1r-lPAw
    Alpha-Lupi wrote: »

• In place of torugs pact, wouldn't Mechanical Acuity be a good alternative as it grants extra weapon & spell damage, extra max magicka & max stamina, and the 5th piece bonus grants "unerring Mechanical Vision" for 5 seconds, making every attack and heal a guaranteed critical, occurring once every 18 seconds.(which is like a 13 second window between each proc.) it would be good for squeezing in extra damage, especially with the ultimate, but the only downside is it only procs on direct damage which is probably best to work it with crushing shock or the final damage tick of a lightning staff heavy attack as the final hit is direct

I was going to say this is my normal 'go to' undaunted dungeon set.. I'd dropped it for vMA though because it was too hard to constantly bar swap and waste Magicka on low damage crushing shock attacks.. however I did not know that the last tick of a Lightning stave HA is direct damage.. so that has got me interested to give it a second chance now..
    Edited by hamgatan on July 21, 2018 3:25PM
    PC / NA - 1250 CP

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP

• SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [*] Just a question here: since you are using bastion to increase shield strength, wouldn't it be better to have empowered ward, because even though hardened ward has increased strength (and I respect that decision) but having Empowered ward not only increases the duration of the shield and reduces the cost, but it also grants you and nearby allies minor intellect which helps slightly with magicka sustainability which, in this case, may make it easier to use the ward in the long run (probably.)
    Dunno, but sometimes monsters there able to remove Hardened shield (~26k!) in 1 strike, so personally I would prefer to stay with Hardened

Agree on Infernal Guardian tho - I did vMA with it and it really helps, especially on that crazy Umbra stage ><
    Edited by SilverWF on July 21, 2018 2:02PM
  • DeadlyPhoenix
    DeadlyPhoenix
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• In place of torugs pact, wouldn't Mechanical Acuity be a good alternative as it grants extra weapon & spell damage, extra max magicka & max stamina, and the 5th piece bonus grants "unerring Mechanical Vision" for 5 seconds, making every attack and heal a guaranteed critical, occurring once every 18 seconds.(which is like a 13 second window between each proc.) it would be good for squeezing in extra damage, especially with the ultimate, but the only downside is it only procs on direct damage which is probably best to work it with crushing shock or the final damage tick of a lightning staff heavy attack as the final hit is direct.

@Alpha-Lupi the reason I don't particularly care for Mechanical Acuity is because of that 13 second window to proc it. 13 seconds is a lot of time in vMA and a lot can happen in that time. It also depends on if you're able to proc it and how often. When it comes to vMA, I prefer to keep it a base rating at all times and guaranteed damage rather than rely on proc sets.

That being said, I'm not saying others won't have great success using it and it's something that might work for you. Again, I just prefer to keep things consistent over time vs. short periods of excellence.
    [*] Just a question here: since you are using bastion to increase shield strength, wouldn't it be better to have empowered ward, because even though hardened ward has increased strength (and I respect that decision) but having Empowered ward not only increases the duration of the shield and reduces the cost, but it also grants you and nearby allies minor intellect which helps slightly with magicka sustainability which, in this case, may make it easier to use the ward in the long run (probably.)

In the video I posted I am actually running Empowered Ward instead of Hardened Ward. I was using it for a PvP build I have and didn't feel like switching the morph. If you're using this build exactly then the extra magicka regen isn't really needed and as you can see in the video, I wasn't even using potions all that often. Only every other stage and in one or two rounds. However until people get the hang of things, I think Hardened Ward is slightly better since it allows players to take more damage and they need to use potions a lot. The extra magicka recovery was nice, but I didn't really feel that it was needed.

Again though, this is one of those things that it comes down to whatever works best for you and your exact setup and playstyle. I'm only offering my reasoning why I typically choose which morph and why, doesn't mean its the right or only way.
    [*] monster sets may be optional but it may be wise to put up a list of monster sets that may be helpful such as Infernal guardian that was mentioned in a previous comment, but viably speaking, I might help with that if it is permissible at the time.

monster set list:
    • Infernal Guardian.
      1 item: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
      2 items: When you use a damage shield ability, you have a 50% chance to lob 3 mortars over 2 seconds at the furthest enemy from you that each deal 63-5500 Flame damage to all enemies within 5 meters of the blast area. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
      "as mentioned in a comment, Infernal guardian is a good way to know the positions of distant enemies, primarily in vMA, but really, this set gives damage shields a type of offensive lean which is by far a good one to keep."
    • Iceheart.
      2 items: When you deal Critical Damage, you have a 20% chance to gain a damage shield that absorbs 100-8600 damage for 6 seconds. While the damage shield holds, you deal 8-770 Frost damage to all enemies within 5 meters of you every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.
      "A good defensive monster set that not only gives a bit of spell critical, but when dealing critical damage, the wearer gains a damage shield that deals frost damage to nearby enemies while the shield holds, just a word of warning, the more enemies the set damages, the more it lags a bit as damaging multiple enemies with this set may cause a serious drop in framerate depending on the size of the mob so use this set with caution."
    • Mighty Chudan.
      1 item: Adds 34-2975 Spell Resistance
      1 item: Adds 34-2975 Physical Resistance
      2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
      2 items: Gain Major Ward and Major Resolve at all times, increasing your Physical and Spell Resistance by 5280.
      "A good passively defensive set which seriously boosts the wearers chances of survivability as it grants added health in addition to major ward/resolve at all times, the best part is it also makes it easier to sustain Hardened ward as the added resistances mean that wards take less overall damage in a way."
    • Shadowrend.
      1 item: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
      2 items: When you take damage, you have a 15% chance to summon a shadowy Clannfear for 15 seconds. The Clannfear's basic attacks deal 40-3440 Magic damage and apply Minor Maim to any enemy hit for 10 seconds, reducing their damage done by 15%. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.
      "A good semi defensive monster set which has a 15% chance to summon a shadowy clannfear, from which the damage it deals has a nasty habit of afflicting enemies with minor maim, reducing the enemies damage potential and making it easier to survive in dangerous fights, fun fact: it does not say anything about taking damage to your health like the pirate skeleton set so it may be guaranteed to proc, Damage shield or no."
    • Valkyn Skoria
      1 item: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
      2 items: When you deal damage with a damage over time effect, you have a 8% chance to summon a meteor that deals 104-9000 Flame damage to the target and 46-4000 Flame damage to all other enemies within 5 meters. This effect can occur once every 5 seconds.
      ”Yet another good offensive set which gives a bit of health, but it also hits an enemy with a massive dose of fire damage and slightly less to enemies in 5 meters when dealing damage with a damage over time effect.”
    • Zaan
      2 items: When you damage a nearby enemy with a Light or Heavy Attack, you have a 20% chance to create a beam of fire that will connect you to your enemy. The beam deals 40-3440 Flame damage every 1 second to your enemy for 5 seconds. Every second, this damage increases by 50%. The beam is broken if the enemy moves 10 meters away from you. This effect can occur every 18 seconds.
      “An offensive set which, while it may deal damage to a single target, it is surprisingly sought out for PvE builds as the damage each second becomes increasingly dangerous the longer you hold the beam, up to a maximum of 250% bonus damage on the final tick, making boss fights easier.”

I do hope these help to your liking.

I did list a couple in the OP but I didn't break down exactly what they do. The reason being is because its a flex spot and some people may not have access to any of those listed. It's easier for people to just go do a quick google search of monster helm and shoulder sets rather than me list all the viable ones, because there are definitely a lot of them. Even Molag Kena could potentially be a great set to use for vMA with this build because it doesn't rely on magicka consumption so much.

They're listed throughout the thread though, specific ones and players' experience with them. I like it that way more rather than me listing them because it shows what others have tried as well as me.

I appreciate all of your advice and feedback! I hope that I don't sound too aggressive in my wording, its not intended.
    Sevn wrote: »
    I just want to say thanks again for sharing this build. I've tried using other builds to little success and had just decided to shelve my magsorc. After trying your guidelines ( I admittedly tweaked a few things) I'm loving my magsorc. I've nearly doubled the damage output I was able to attain earlier without anywhere near the same effort.

My dps is/was trash. I thought I was good until I got a dummy and realized I was barely hitting 9k-10k dps. Don't laugh, it's not funny! Almost quit playing I was so embarrassed and disappointed in myself. I know it's not the gear because I have 95% of the bis gear, it's my rotation, which just isn't going to improve anytime soon. My main issue me thinks is I play PvE like I play pvp, dynamically and on the fly.

But this build? I'm burning through content and definitely holding my own. Haven't been through vma yet but I'll post back with an update much later. Just wanted to say thanks again!

@Sevn Not laughing at all!!! :tongue: I know how it is. My first time on a target dummy I felt the exact same way. I never did the old time test thing with bloodspawn or whatever so was a little upset when I found out how much I was really doing... Was about 13.7k only. I've reached much higher numbers than that now, but this build allows for a steady DPS thats easy to maintain.

Glad you like it though! That's what its here for is to help people out and enjoy playing the game rather than focusing on pulling off that perfect rotation.
    Also thought I'd make a video of my last run (PC). Pieced the footage together from in between several deaths.. you can see the epic fail I have trying to deal with the lag monster (Watch me mashing HW and it just not firing!). Ugh! Fix your game ZOS.

https://youtu.be/giDT1r-lPAw

@hamgatan

Nice video! Thanks for taking the time out to make it! :smiley:

A few notes though if I may and offer a bit of advice based off the video. :wink:

First, I noticed that your resource bars are covering your buff timers! A lot of the time I couldn't tell if you had power surge going or not because it was covered lol. That was another thing. Power surge dropped pretty frequently and you forgot to reapply it a few times when you were critically low on HP. I was on the edge of my seat at times watching it!!!!! :blush: Was definitely entertaining lol. This though is one of the reasons I keep power surge on the front bar. I will often reapply it before it even wears off just so I know it doesn't. Sometimes I still forget to refresh though even on main bar.

Last thing is slam that staff down more! Using Elemental Blockade is extremely beneficial. If its not applied, targets aren't being set off-balance. Also recast it if need be to hit as many targets as possible at once. It doesn't cost a whole lot to cast and it goes a long way toward burning all targets down quickly. There were several times a mob would be sitting well within range, but the blockade was facing the wrong direction and was only hitting one target instead of 2 or 3. This will also help out with heals since more targets being hit at once means more chances to crit which keeps our power surge proccing more often.

Overall though nicely done! Again, take this as constructive criticism! I hope I don't sound mean in my explanation! I just think more focus in these areas will provide an overall smoother run for you.

Keep up the good work you and everyone else!
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This setup works perfectly in the dungeons too, but with little changes: we are using 2 bars.
    So, gear: Ilambris (or Valkyn), Torug's, Necropot.
    Front bar (lightning staff, infused, Shock ench): Liquid Lightning, Familiar, Shield, Power Surge, Inner light, Thunderous Rage
    Back bar (Flame vMA staff, Nirn, Spell damage ench): Blockade of Fire, Familiar, Boundless Storm, Daedric Prey, Elem Drain (just in case), Greater Atronach
    Easily pulling out 27-30k DPS without ults at my not max CP (615) and at Breton
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@hamgatan

Nice video! Thanks for taking the time out to make it! :smiley:

A few notes though if I may and offer a bit of advice based off the video. :wink:

First, I noticed that your resource bars are covering your buff timers! A lot of the time I couldn't tell if you had power surge going or not because it was covered lol. That was another thing. Power surge dropped pretty frequently and you forgot to reapply it a few times when you were critically low on HP. I was on the edge of my seat at times watching it!!!!! :blush: Was definitely entertaining lol. This though is one of the reasons I keep power surge on the front bar. I will often reapply it before it even wears off just so I know it doesn't. Sometimes I still forget to refresh though even on main bar.

Last thing is slam that staff down more! Using Elemental Blockade is extremely beneficial. If its not applied, targets aren't being set off-balance. Also recast it if need be to hit as many targets as possible at once. It doesn't cost a whole lot to cast and it goes a long way toward burning all targets down quickly. There were several times a mob would be sitting well within range, but the blockade was facing the wrong direction and was only hitting one target instead of 2 or 3. This will also help out with heals since more targets being hit at once means more chances to crit which keeps our power surge proccing more often.

Overall though nicely done! Again, take this as constructive criticism! I hope I don't sound mean in my explanation! I just think more focus in these areas will provide an overall smoother run for you.

Keep up the good work you and everyone else!

No totally agree. That's the point of video so I can go back and review things I may have missed in the heat of the battle.. with so much going on its really easy to do.

I was thinking the same thing with buff timers to be honest, I'd moved the FTC bars down slightly left before because I was missing important info hidden under where it was before in Raids.. I.e. Cloudrest - so I moved it to alleviate that. May need to move the buffs over to the left so I can keep more visibility.

Many brown pants moments to be had there.. I'd actually come within 5% on the two runs before it purely because resource pool was out. One thing I realised is up top I don't actually need to expend that much Magicka.. I was throwing out everything I had before but I was a bit more conservative this time and it resulted with me having enough in the pool in the final knockdown to throw everything I had at Voriak. That damn CG nearly wiped me at the end there though.. you can see me mashing HW to absolutely no avail (bloody lag).

I hadn't noticed that blockade wasn't hitting as much as I thought. Couple of times I had bad positioning issues (like where I completely missed those summoners in Round 4).. but I think with more practice I'll have the spawn points down and can be on them earlier.

PC / NA - 1250 CP

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP

• pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    As an older player a pet Sorc is the only class i could complete Vma with. I have tried many set combinations and the setup i currently use is: 5x Necropotence, 5x Infallible Aether (4x on backbar with Vma Lighting or Destro Staff equiped), 2x Maw of the Infernal. I prefer Maw because its mobile and procs alot, Ilambris is also a good choice with Destro Staff backbar or Fire enchant equiped, Staffs Infused or Nirnhoned.

I strongly suggest to use 2 bars for more damage (Its a matter of practice) Also the Smartcast addon helps alot for Applying AoE damage (Only one button click instead of two)

Bar Setup:
    Main bar Lighting Staff: Hardened Ward, Power Surge, Crystal Frags, Matriach, Volatile, Ult: Atronach.

Frags procs alot on activating Ward or Surge and is a great dps boost, I like the Atronach for boss fights, Dont forget to activate the Volatile Pulse attack, and i use the Matriach as an emergency heal.

Off Bar:
    Blockade, Liquid Lighting, Deadric Prey, Matriach, Volatile, Ult: Thunderous Rage

Blockade and LL for AoE, Deadric Prey for extra damage (Boss Fight) Destro Ult for trash packs if needed.

As you can see both pets are on the same positions on main and off bar to keep it simple, so actualy you have only 3 different skills each bar except the ulties.

Rotation: Keep Ward and Surge active at all times, Blockade, LL, Deadric Prey on Boss, Volatile Pulse, LA, switch bar, HA (channeling, Ult if up or needed, Frags when it procs, rinse and repeat.

Food: Wichmother Potent Brew.

Potion: Tri stat (Health, Stamina, Magicka + regen)
  • Ryanman
    Ryanman
    Soul Shriven
    Thank you for posting this thread since I my old eyes and reflexes seem to be too slow to get the BiS set rotations down while also bar switching and trying to stay alive. What are your thoughts on using the extra skill slot for summon winged tormentor or deadric prey?