The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battle reviving needs nerfing.

• revonine
    revonine
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you expended resources and effort taking a player down that player should not be able to instantly rezz seconds later just to start attacking you again, he should be removed from the fight for a cooldown period before he can be resurrected with a soul gem again. It's irrelevant what situation that occurs in, small scale v zerg, zerg v zerg whatever.
    Note i said soul gem. Forward camps and unflagged keeps excluded.

I do like @Thogard 's solution as an alternative though.
    Edited by revonine on August 1, 2018 9:48AM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    At the very least kag reduce rez/support and Templar rez passive could be nerfed or removed

But a sickness would be ideal. Either you rez and do reduced damage for x time or can’t be revived for a short duration after dying.
    Not to mention the person who bashed a rez shouldn’t lose Stam instead the person who was trying to revive should lose that amount instead.

No ty!

Keep your PVP nerf garbage to PVP please. Do not ask to gut even more of my class over it! Also no more nerfs to gear for PVP! (I don't wear kags but still!) PVP nerfs in PVP zones!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    At the very least kag reduce rez/support and Templar rez passive could be nerfed or removed

But a sickness would be ideal. Either you rez and do reduced damage for x time or can’t be revived for a short duration after dying.
    Not to mention the person who bashed a rez shouldn’t lose Stam instead the person who was trying to revive should lose that amount instead.

No ty!

Keep your PVP nerf garbage to PVP please. Do not ask to gut even more of my class over it! Also no more nerfs to gear for PVP! (I don't wear kags but still!) PVP nerfs in PVP zones!

Rezzing should be nerfed even more in PvE then in PvP. Players are way more OP than monsters at the moment, and even if the monsters kill the players it doesn’t matter because the players can rez! But the monsters can’t rez!! How is that balanced?!

Or wait, were you referring to how one raid group is balanced with another? Because they’re competing to see who can do it fastest? Well a rez change would affect both teams equally... so that’s perfectly balanced, as all things should be. So you must be referring to the balance between players and monsters.

I wouldn’t be surprised if rezzing is nerfed even more in PvE than it is in PvP. You PvEers and your balance will ruin PvP yet again.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone literally said it.

Tie it into battle spirit or do literally the simplest of checks like.
    Resurrect(Player player, Player target) {
        if(player.HasBattleSpirit && target.IsDead) {
              var TimeToRes = TimeToRes * 3;
        }

}

I know they talk about the difficulty in separate balancing a lot and this is obviously not the exact solution, but the theory of what needs to be checked in order to implement things like this is simple.
    Edited by BNOC on August 1, 2018 11:05AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

No ty!

Rezzing should be nerfed even more in PvE then in PvP. Players are way more OP than monsters at the moment, and even if the monsters kill the players it doesn’t matter because the players can rez! But the monsters can’t rez!! How is that balanced?!

Or wait, were you referring to how one raid group is balanced with another? Because they’re competing to see who can do it fastest? Well a rez change would affect both teams equally... so that’s perfectly balanced, as all things should be. So you must be referring to the balance between players and monsters.

I wouldn’t be surprised if rezzing is nerfed even more in PvE than it is in PvP. You PvEers and your balance will ruin PvP yet again.

Go and nerf your own play area please. Mind your own. (and stop trying to pick a dumb fight.)
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People get rezzed in pvp. News to me o:)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What a stupid system, like zergs don't have a big enough advantage anyway with serveral times the numbers.

They literally pick up anyone you drop instantly, you interrupt and they immediately go back to reviving. Literally no downsides to being interrupted.

There needs to be a cooldown when you die, like 30s. People need to not be able to revive for 30s if they get interrupted.

Between everyone having 30k hp, sets likes skoria/ sloads which give free dmg to bad players, the fact the zergs are now sieging group of 4-5., you have zerg bombers in actual zergers bombing small groups.

Literally every ounce of this game is designed to help zergs in someway. When just being in a zerg should be advantage enough.

Alternatively: Maybe anyone at all could pay attention and just kill the rezzer? No?

That explains a lot.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a stupid system, like zergs don't have a big enough advantage anyway with serveral times the numbers.

They literally pick up anyone you drop instantly, you interrupt and they immediately go back to reviving. Literally no downsides to being interrupted.

There needs to be a cooldown when you die, like 30s. People need to not be able to revive for 30s if they get interrupted.

Between everyone having 30k hp, sets likes skoria/ sloads which give free dmg to bad players, the fact the zergs are now sieging group of 4-5., you have zerg bombers in actual zergers bombing small groups.

Literally every ounce of this game is designed to help zergs in someway. When just being in a zerg should be advantage enough.

Alternatively: Maybe anyone at all could pay attention and just kill the rezzer? No?

That explains a lot.

Rofl, "Jump into the zerg of free damage that are targetting you and kill the resser" - Don't mind the mass of numbers there that are ready to take his place resurrecting in a heartbeat - You going to kill them all?

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The idea I previously suggested was to have a res charge system.
    E.g.
    players can have a maximum of 2 charges.
    Charges restore every 30s (Variable based on balancing).
    When resed players start with 0 charges.
    Being interrupted consumes a charge as does a successful cast.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

That explains a lot.

Rofl, "Jump into the zerg of free damage that are targetting you and kill the resser" - Don't mind the mass of numbers there that are ready to take his place resurrecting in a heartbeat - You going to kill them all?

You guys really make every single thing a complaint, how is anyone supposed to know what you care most about?

That's the thing. So much complaining all the time even over dumb things.

If the zerg is such that you cannot kill rezzer (there is also ranged damage - no need to rock up to them on your squishblade), then one more body in zerg also does not make a difference.

Reading the forums, more than any actual game play, makes me dislike both PVPers in general, and the game.

It is really SO SO SO much constant complaining that it just becomes a constant whine.

Still: Keep your nerfs to PVP.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That explains a lot.

You guys really make every single thing a complaint, how is anyone supposed to know what you care most about?

If the zerg is such that you cannot kill rezzer (there is also ranged damage - no need to rock up to them on your squishblade), then one more body in zerg also does not make a difference.

Reading the forums, more than any actual game play, makes me dislike both PVPers in general, and the game.

It is really SO SO SO much constant complaining that it just becomes a constant whine.

I'm sorry if you PVE players have been locked away in a dungeon for too long to notice but players being against the zerg isn't a new concept - especially when they're handed free win passes continuously - when sheer numbers should be advantage enough.

One more body in the zerg may not make a massive difference, but if they're penalised and can't res for 30/X seconds, actual skill and strategy is amplified and would be rewarded accordingly - Then there's 2/3/4/5 bodies and the zerg is slowly being forced to adapt and play the game, not just be led by the dog, baa'ing.

As a side note, tying it to battlespirit was suggested, is the easiest and most obvious implementation but for the sake of pointing it out - You guys are completing HM of a new trial, on release day. With that, it comes as no shock that PvE players aren't asking for changes. Imagine you had something similar to Battle Res in WoW where your res was tied to a Templar/Warden and was raid wide on a Xminute cooldown with a limit on CR's for that encounter. Then you'd be participating in something closer tied to actual progression and MMO raiding.

Currently - Your mistakes are hardly punished and neither are the zergs.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZoS introduced many mechanics in dungeons and trials to make ressing difficult. If anything they seem to be well aware how OP in fight recovery it is for losing side (be it losing against monsters, zergs, gankers, small group, ball group, ...) so the discussion is not even necessary if ressing is strong or not or if it helps one side more than others (as noted, it always helps more the losing side no matter who they are and what their enemies are)
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of all the stupid crap I've read on these forums. How do some of you folks manage to, I dunno, survive life in general?

Thank God zos doesn't balance this game around the forums.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Of all the stupid crap I've read on these forums. How do some of you folks manage to, I dunno, survive life in general?

Why? Because then it would require more than one finger to play the game?

Thank god ZOS keeps catering to massive groups of players.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, let's add a freakin timer so everyone gets to stare at a death recap instead of, oh I don't know, playing the game.

Dunno what awesome setup you have going on but I need more than one finger to play the game.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Max horse speed and rez cooldown in battle spirit and remove camps again. There you go, people natuarally start spreading creating small scale battles in between keeps and reducing stress on the server.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Max horse speed and rez cooldown in battle spirit and remove camps again. There you go, people natuarally start spreading creating small scale battles in between keeps and reducing stress on the server.

Actually this would have exactly the opposite effect. Players would stack even greater numbers to reduce the risk of death in small fights and having to ride back causing larger fights and more lag. Exactly as we saw when camps were removed.

I agree that a change should be made but removing camps is one of the worst ideas zos ever had. They spread fights more than they caused stacking. Imo they should have no "Radius" again but keep the cooldown. Allowing players to see a camp up somewhere completely different from the laggy zerg fight they are at and swap over there to check it out without a boring ride.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That explains a lot.

I'm sorry if you PVE players have been locked away in a dungeon for too long to notice but players being against the zerg isn't a new concept - especially when they're handed free win passes continuously - when sheer numbers should be advantage enough.

One more body in the zerg may not make a massive difference, but if they're penalised and can't res for 30/X seconds, actual skill and strategy is amplified and would be rewarded accordingly - Then there's 2/3/4/5 bodies and the zerg is slowly being forced to adapt and play the game, not just be led by the dog, baa'ing.

As a side note, tying it to battlespirit was suggested, is the easiest and most obvious implementation but for the sake of pointing it out - You guys are completing HM of a new trial, on release day. With that, it comes as no shock that PvE players aren't asking for changes. Imagine you had something similar to Battle Res in WoW where your res was tied to a Templar/Warden and was raid wide on a Xminute cooldown with a limit on CR's for that encounter. Then you'd be participating in something closer tied to actual progression and MMO raiding.

Currently - Your mistakes are hardly punished and neither are the zergs.

Since my argument concerns neither wow, nor zerging nor even anything related to you, why do you care?

Further, do you really think the only people rezzing in Cyro are Templars? Lol.

Slap it in battlespirit yes, and call it a day.

Templars have been nerfed enough.

That is all.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That explains a lot.

Well correct me if I'm wrong; Aren't PVPers the ones who cried and moaned forever to close campaigns. We have 1 cp 30 day campaign.

Surprise! There's zergs!

Rather than campaigning for fewer campaigns (lol pun!) you all should have gotten together and tried to get ZOS to consider a max group size campaign.

Folks from the PVP side of things and moaned and complained for so much abd so long, and really - you brought it on yourselves.

I actually do PVP - but in BG. I gave up on PVDooring and lag and having one whole 30 day cp campaign - because it just sucks like this.

There can be/could have been other options, but so many folks only choose the 'easiest' argument they shoot themselves in the foot!

There's no logical reason why there cannot be varied types of 30 day CP campaigns; but I don't see anyone coming up with any creative or even intelligent options.

So long as there's 1 30 day cp campaign, you're gonna have zergs because why not?

There's literally no deterrent or reason why not.

Find a new way to get the campaigns you want, rather than arguing the toss over rezzing time ffs.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's been an issue for a while (years now).

The combination of the battle rez passive in alliance war, krags set and templar passive is such a fast rez that you can't reliably interrupt it.

I think the base resurrection time is fine. It's the 1 second full health rez that's an issue.

Just eliminate all the resurrection reductions or and replace them.

As for the pve complaints... People got used to the crutch of nearly instant full health rezzes. I'm sure it can be dealt with in some way.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't be able to rez until you are out of combat.

This is good too.

Reviving should be done after a fight. If you win the fight then you can revive the downed players.

If they go down in the fight then they're down. If they make a mistake and jump into oil, or drop their shields and get melted thats on them. Consequences is a weird word to zergs though i guess.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    ESO is heavily weighted towards casual audience
    Casual players usually are not that great at PvP
    Players that are not that good die a lot
    Staring at your death recap for 30 seconds is not fun
    If players are not having fun they will leave the game
    ZOS does not want to loose it's core audience
    So... never going to happen.

Roy, I'm pretty sure that to ZoS anyone who buys crowns is their main audience. Otherwise it doesn't matter whether you prefer PvP or PvE. Just keep that crown store hummin'!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, let's add a freakin timer so everyone gets to stare at a death recap instead of, oh I don't know, playing the game.

Dunno what awesome setup you have going on but I need more than one finger to play the game.

Whats this? Having a consequence to dying in pvp isn't too far!. You's are happy enough to wait for camp timers when yous run into 10 oils and can't be revived.

Zergers man, so used to just playing without a brain because if they don't build, manage their resources, line of sight, get out of siege etc... properly it doesn't matter the 50 man horde behind them will revive them. People with mindsets like you are the reason this games pvp has gone so downhill.

PS4 EU DC

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, occasionally some keep siege/defense does seem to last forever...

however, instituting a t-bag timer even longer than the 5 second IC one - seems like even less fun than some drawn out slugfest...
    Edited by geonsocal on August 2, 2018 12:42AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

however, instituting a t-bag timer even longer than the 5 second IC one - seems like even less fun than some drawn out slugfest...

Could always respawn if someone virtually crouching up and down on you somehow offends you.
    PS4 EU DC

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

Could always respawn if someone virtually crouching up and down on you somehow offends you.

no, t-bagging doesn't really bug me much anymore...I just liked how folks started calling the rez timer instituted in IC a t-bag timer...

shoot, they have a timer in battlegrounds also...so, I can't imagine it would be out of the question to have one in cyrodiil...

what would bug me though is someone throwing a wet blanket on my ability to get myself back or my allies back into the fight...cuz, that's why I'm there...to fight...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um you can just kill them again..that's what I do when they get res.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The good thing is it seems the zergs dont know how to bash so it's really easy to pick up ur friends.

I agree with you with forward camps back in game a penalty sound be added but to battle spirit only not pve. I also think 30secs is a little to long.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL now a nerf res thread, where will this nonsense end. Wow!

no worries, it'll become a nerf sorc thread before it dies.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how come there are not any cyrodiil quests related to rezzing your allies???

#healerdiscrimination