The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Battle reviving needs nerfing.

leepalmer95
leepalmer95
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
What a stupid system, like zergs don't have a big enough advantage anyway with serveral times the numbers.

They literally pick up anyone you drop instantly, you interrupt and they immediately go back to reviving. Literally no downsides to being interrupted.

There needs to be a cooldown when you die, like 30s. People need to not be able to revive for 30s if they get interrupted.

Between everyone having 30k hp, sets likes skoria/ sloads which give free dmg to bad players, the fact the zergs are now sieging group of 4-5., you have zerg bombers in actual zergers bombing small groups.

Literally every ounce of this game is designed to help zergs in someway. When just being in a zerg should be advantage enough.
PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or a mechanic that works on the more players from that faction the longer it takes to res people
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL now a nerf res thread, where will this nonsense end. Wow!
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is heavily weighted towards casual audience
    Casual players usually are not that great at PvP
    Players that are not that good die a lot
    Staring at your death recap for 30 seconds is not fun
    If players are not having fun they will leave the game
    ZOS does not want to loose it's core audience
    So... never going to happen.
    Edited by Royaji on July 31, 2018 1:57PM
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

Never say never in this game, zos do surprise some times
  • UnseenCat
    UnseenCat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Extend time before res? That might not be as useful as it sounds. Yes, zerglings will die and res and die and res endlessly. Zerglings gonna zerg.

Potentially more dangerous is the player who dies in a spot with good visibility over the battle, and stays dead, all the while reporting and calling tactical moves to teammates out-of-band in Discord or whatnot. A dead spotter can still spot, even in the limited death view, and can't be killed when they're already dead.

Maybe I have a devious mind, but I can envision a volunteer setting up to get killed outside a siege on a keep, and then calling in battlefield reports.

The only way to stop it would be to boot the dead player back to the nearest available forward camp or Transitus shrine after a set cooldown.
  • React
    React
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A ressurection cooldown is 100% in order, and its been a long time coming.
    @ReactSlower - PC/NA - 2000+ CP
    React Faster - XB/NA - 1500+ CP
    Content
    Twitch.tv/reactfaster
    Youtube.com/@ReactFaster
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »

PvE
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UnseenCat wrote: »
    Extend time before res? That might not be as useful as it sounds. Yes, zerglings will die and res and die and res endlessly. Zerglings gonna zerg.

Potentially more dangerous is the player who dies in a spot with good visibility over the battle, and stays dead, all the while reporting and calling tactical moves to teammates out-of-band in Discord or whatnot. A dead spotter can still spot, even in the limited death view, and can't be killed when they're already dead.

Maybe I have a devious mind, but I can envision a volunteer setting up to get killed outside a siege on a keep, and then calling in battlefield reports.

The only way to stop it would be to boot the dead player back to the nearest available forward camp or Transitus shrine after a set cooldown.

Maybe that's not a bad idea if your not rezed in a certain time then you have to respawn it would also stop these people that are killed in a keep and stay in there after it's take only to get rezed by another hidden inside
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

They could just get better?

Or not just go into fight without consequences. When you have sorcs spamming frag and not put their shields up or 20k hp nb's that get caught, they don't need to do anything because they get revived immediately. .
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »

PvE

Put it in the battle spirit then?
    PS4 EU DC

• Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the very least kag reduce rez/support and Templar rez passive could be nerfed or removed

But a sickness would be ideal. Either you rez and do reduced damage for x time or can’t be revived for a short duration after dying.
    Not to mention the person who bashed a rez shouldn’t lose Stam instead the person who was trying to revive should lose that amount instead.
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »

PvE

Put it in the battle spirit then?

Good idea tbh
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Irylia wrote: »
    At the very least kag reduce rez/support and Templar rez passive could be nerfed or removed

But a sickness would be ideal. Either you rez and do reduced damage for x time or can’t be revived for a short duration after dying.
    Not to mention the person who bashed a rez shouldn’t lose Stam instead the person who was trying to revive should lose that amount instead.

Would be a negative nerf for pve if your nerf kags and Templars
  • ItsNebula
    ItsNebula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or just keep interrupting?
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People use kags in pve?
    PS4 EU DC

• leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ItsNebula wrote: »

Sure man when its a 4v12 i'm sure half of us can focus on interrupting the 4 ppl reviving the 3 we've killed and not do anything else.

In fact we do, but it's impossible to 'keep interrupting'
    PS4 EU DC

• Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ItsNebula wrote: »

Not always an option when you’re outnumbered.

I agree this is needed, but it should be some kind of cascading effect- first res is normal, second has a short cooldown, and it gets longer from there. Or maybe the actual res takes longer so the risk is on the people that are still alive.

What we really need is dynamic ultimate though.

rip decibel
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

People use kags in pve?

No idea but there maybe people that do so asking for a nerf just to suit PvP is a tad unfair
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WTB minimum 10 seconds cast time (after Support passive, can only be less with Kag's, rework Templar passive) AND 10 seconds of severe rez sickness (put in Battle Spirit)
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People use kags in pve?

No idea but there maybe people that do so asking for a nerf just to suit PvP is a tad unfair

Lmao, they nerf things in pvp becuase of pve all the time.

But like i said put it in battle spirit.
    PS4 EU DC

• LegendaryMage
    LegendaryMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not happening. It doesn't promote zerg play and it would make PVE players cry real hard on the forums if it somehow affects their rezzing. So best forget it and either kite more or get a bigger group. Those are your options. /endthread
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaaaaaand this is why I don't PVP. Too many selfish players worrying about how things are hard for them instead of what's best for the game and too many casual players the ZOS caters to. Of course, they could cater solely to hardcore players but I can only imagine how toxic THAT would be.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

People use kags in pve?

Lmao, they nerf things in pvp becuase of pve all the time.

But like i said put it in battle spirit.

Then why not take out battle resurrection from the support skill line then
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just AoE interrupt would be nice. 10 tanks shouldnt not stack on dead body and revive it without issue just because its hard to see and impossible to pick the resser.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Just AoE interrupt would be nice. 10 tanks shouldnt not stack on dead body and revive it without issue just because its hard to see and impossible to pick the resser.

Plus the fact there can be more than person reviving is annoying, i've had 4 tanks templars just revive 1 person at once. I can't do anything about that.
    PS4 EU DC

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion, this is the #1 problem facing cyrodil.

It hurts casual players the most, and rewards large but very organized groups the most.

They had the right idea with the camp cooldown.

If resurrection sickness, which is the best option IMO, doesn’t work out in this game for unknown reasons, an alternative would be to limit the number of people you can Rez. For instance, rather than forcing a cooldown on accepting a rez we could make it so that a player can only rez another player once every two minutes. That would make it more strategic as people would have to alternate, and if newer players did they wouldn’t have to necessarily wait. IMO it’s a strong compromise. We’d want to make it only apply cyrodil.

Something that should definitely happen is increasing the base time it takes to rez in PvP. With lag being what it is, it’s often impossible to bash a rez due to the delay before the bash actually goes off.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »
    Aaaaaaaaand this is why I don't PVP. Too many selfish players worrying about how things are hard for them instead of what's best for the game and too many casual players the ZOS caters to. Of course, they could cater solely to hardcore players but I can only imagine how toxic THAT would be.

Doesn't pvp, yet posts opinion in pvp forum.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    An PvP anti-zerg open world thread to nerf endless amounts of resurrecting? Although the ability to rez can be 100% interrupted. I approve.

Huge blobs of clickers vs Tryhard full groups is an age old balance battle. Needs of many > Needs of few. Imo @leepalmer95 take open world for what it is and pick your fights or leave and start doing battlegrounds (but not too many though and don't do be too successful or you will accumulate a character value which will result in 30 minute plus queues).
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You shouldn't be able to rez until you are out of combat.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    In my opinion, this is the #1 problem facing cyrodil.

For instance, rather than forcing a cooldown on accepting a rez we could make it so that a player can only rez another player once every two minutes. That would make it more strategic as people would have to alternate, and if newer players did they wouldn’t have to necessarily wait. IMO it’s a strong compromise. We’d want to make it only apply cyrodil.

I like that idea..probably won't ever happen, but sounds good.
    Edited by DivineFirstYOLO on July 31, 2018 9:02PM
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU