Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Wanted: Class Change Token

• DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same i have two Templars i'd switch to anything but Templars.. God thats F&%$ up class...
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel free to add a class change, as long as it removes all titles, achievements, pvp progress, and skills reset to 0. Let's not add a paid fotm reroll button. Only games I've seen there you have the ability to class change are games with p2w cash trading. And fotm reroll is common even without class change. Differences? Reroll takes time and investment
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feel free to add a class change, as long as it removes all titles, achievements, pvp progress, and skills reset to 0. Let's not add a paid fotm reroll button. Only games I've seen there you have the ability to class change are games with p2w cash trading. And fotm reroll is common even without class change. Differences? Reroll takes time and investment

If you changed classes it would have to reset the skills the other stuff is less important but i'd not care if it did.
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious, how do you RP justify the event transpiring, just a few lines' worth?

"I have this elaborate history, sense of character, set of personal standard and morals regarding all things in game."

People have RP characters that are hundreds of years old, such as vampires and Altmer mages. We humans, as a species, live about 60-80 years, and some of us have more than one serious career. You're telling me you've never changed professions?

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It amazes me that people still do not get it... ZOS is a 'business' not a 'charity'. They aren't here to provide things for FREE, they're here to SELL you things to make money to maintain the game as MMOs costs tons of money to keep running.

A class change token means they lose a LOT of potential money from new characters- as many things are character bound- including Outfits, mount training, etc. All of these things ZOS has made a ton of money off of, and I know I've spent enough money on these things to know that they will never offer class changes because of how much revenue they would lose. To make up for it, they would have to charge 50,000 Crown or more 'per class change token' to offset lost revenue.

But not only with lost revenue, but the programming involved with how the class changes would impact class skill leveling. The only fair way would be that when you changed to a new class, every class skill would be level 1, so you'd have to re-level all over again. If you switched back to a previous class, the class skill levels would remain what they were when you originally switched. I just don't see ZOS taking the time to develop this type of system while at the same time losing a ton of revenue.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, if your willing to spend crowns on a class change, then spend them on Riding Lessons and in less than 20 hours you will have a fully leveled Alt that you can play.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• HappyElephant
    HappyElephant
    ✭✭✭
    A class change is a legitimate request given how ZOS nerfs entire classes on a regular basis
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game that adds class changing will keep my business when I walk away from other games. Some classes are changed to the point they are no longer fun to play because they are so different from when you made them. But we have achievements, profession patterns, reputation, etc built up on them so they are valuable and not a toon to just toss away.

I have a toon in another game with a ton of very valuable profession patterns so I can't just replace him, but they changed his class so much it's plain annoying to play and not fun anymore at all. But I'm stuck with it and I don't like that. It isn't my fault they radically altered the class.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »
    It amazes me that people still do not get it... ZOS is a 'business' not a 'charity'. They aren't here to provide things for FREE, they're here to SELL you things to make money to maintain the game as MMOs costs tons of money to keep running.

A class change token means they lose a LOT of potential money from new characters- as many things are character bound- including Outfits, mount training, etc. All of these things ZOS has made a ton of money off of, and I know I've spent enough money on these things to know that they will never offer class changes because of how much revenue they would lose. To make up for it, they would have to charge 50,000 Crown or more 'per class change token' to offset lost revenue.

But not only with lost revenue, but the programming involved with how the class changes would impact class skill leveling. The only fair way would be that when you changed to a new class, every class skill would be level 1, so you'd have to re-level all over again. If you switched back to a previous class, the class skill levels would remain what they were when you originally switched. I just don't see ZOS taking the time to develop this type of system while at the same time losing a ton of revenue.

What you and Zos do not get is if these things aren't around then customers like me that would use class changing tokens can't spend money on them.. But they lose out so this business you talk about is actually losing money..

And they be just like a reset token and a character change token.. 5k crowns at max..
    Edited by DanteYoda on July 30, 2018 4:24AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wallets ready
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im always biased towards being able to change things at will, paying of course.

I've played every class until now, my main and the character I play 95% of the time is a sorc, and im a good sorc, both in pvp and pve.

However I think i like nightblades the most, after having played them, but my character has almost 30K achievement points, 3 years of play time, I dont feel like playing other toon.

Wouldnt mind paying to change, even paying again to change back if it was the case.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More options are good. Let people have nice things.
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing changing class really isn't a thing, then? Bugger. I messed up creating my character and, okay, it'd be easy to make a new one but I'd rather just take the straightforward approach of changing her class. :/ Oh well.
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    ADarklore wrote: »

It also behoves businesses to foster good customer relations, something that being too hard-nosed about making money tends to undermine. But in this case it's much simpler than that in that it's a basic usability issue: in an already pretty grindy game, it's taking a bit of a gamble to pointlessly make life extra difficult and tedious for players, some of whom might be quite close to that threshold of "I just can't be bothered any more, I'll spend my money elsewhere."

Personally I would like to think reputable businesses have some degree of just playing nice anyway, but even if they do want to take an entirely mercenary point of view, I'm sure they're aware that being too focussed on making money at the expense of everything else can tend to backfire.
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    And the official response:
    Customer Support is not able to change a character’s alliance or class once that character has been created. However, players are able to create and play with eight different characters on one account. If you wish to change alliance or class, you may create a new character of the alliance and class of your choice.
    I don't agree with their approach as there are now many things tipping the balance towards "can't be bothered to play (i.e. subscribe) any more" but if that's how it is, that's how it is.

But I do wish companies would be honest and avoid using phrases like "not able", "can't", "not possible" and so on: if you won't do something, be honest and say so, but don't pretend you "can't" because that's just irritating me further.

Edit: also really obvious standard letters: just don't. No business or organisation should ever do this unless it does genuinely want to express contempt for the people who contact them. I notice that the standard letter has been amended to include "...or class" but even so, the standard response is not the response anybody wants to see: you may as well have just ignored me.
    Edited by vometia on July 31, 2018 2:35PM
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @vometia their official response is from the support team pov, back then we didn't have race change and they made it real, its just a matter of someone at zos seeing the opportunity to snag a few more dollars
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    @vometia their official response is from the support team pov, back then we didn't have race change and they made it real, its just a matter of someone at zos seeing the opportunity to snag a few more dollars
    Interesting, and perhaps encouraging.

I should also rant less, but it's late in the day and I'm tired and in a mood!
  • vometia
    vometia
    ✭✭✭
    On second thoughts, I now feel like ranting more. I conceded and started a new character, and got the correct class... only this time her voice is "not as advertised". I tested it in the CC several times and what she ended up with is not it. What I do have sounds very much like Dragon Age Oranges' infamously awful "get me a ladder!" voice which makes my character more unplayable than any messed up class and stats. D: Argh. And I guess again the answer will be "give us real money or create a new character again. And write off whatever you spent on getting this latest character together. btw lol."

Only that's all moot with an unknown duration of unplanned maintenance having been enacted right at the start of the day. D: