The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Wanted: Class Change Token

Zhaedri
Zhaedri
✭✭✭✭
I submitted a ticket asking if it was possible to change one of my character's classes.

Instead I was told that their alliance cannot be changed and I should make a suggestion on the forums. (Note: I did not ask about alliance change.)

I would like a class change token that when used on a character allows them to choose a different class, as well as resetting their skills/morphs/CP/ability points, but leaving their achievements, learned motifs, non-class skill levels (crafting, world, racial, guild, etc), quests, mount training, etc. alone.

Again, change class, not alliance.

I'd imagine the price point for such a token to be similar to a race change.
@Zhaedri PC NA

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of people want this. ZOS seems to have no real interest is giving us one.

They'd much rather make us grind up new characters (that we might send more crowns on).
    Edited by VaranisArano on March 17, 2018 9:34PM
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    What's really aggravating is when I asked about it, the customer service person answered regarding ALLIANCES and not class changes.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »
    What's really aggravating is when I asked about it, the customer service person answered regarding ALLIANCES and not class changes.

When that happens, I reply with "thank you, but that didn't address my problem. My problem is XYZ. Please address XYZ."

Enough times around the block and ZOS eventually gives a straight answer.
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I eventually got a response regarding class changes, and that they are currently not available. I was still pointed to submit a suggestion, so here we are again.

A class change token would be great.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love this on my crafter... a templar i never play :(
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Coming from some one will 12 characters ! Put some effort in and just make one takes hardly any time these days
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Coming from some one will 12 characters ! Put some effort in and just make one takes hardly any time these days

They also suggested making a new character.

It's not about making a new character to play another class, it's about bringing an existing character to a class that suits them better.

A new character also means starting over with mount training, finding motifs, doing quest chains, achievements etc. As well as at least one name change token to get the right name on them.

Too much hassle; I want a class change token.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Algraxa
    Algraxa
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I would leave a thumbs up bump for this post....
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be a good addition to the game if they added one.

Could reset all your skill points and you get a one time change...so choose wisely. (would be too much if you could change it over and over again in my opinion)

:)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's not about making a new character to play another class, it's about bringing an existing character to a class that suits them better.

A new character also means starting over with mount training, finding motifs, doing quest chains, achievements etc. As well as at least one name change token to get the right name on them.

Why do you need to find motifs etc it's not needed just use your main toon for that , just sounds like an excuse to be lazy
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP you just threw a stone at the beehive, I've been advocating class changes for a while and it's impressive how much this subject triggers people in this forum.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because why ZOS sell additional character slots I just don't see it happen and I'd rather them use their time fixing real issues than implement something that REALLY isn't needed
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because why ZOS sell additional character slots I just don't see it happen and I'd rather them use their time fixing real issues than implement something that REALLY isn't needed

Its not about a new character, its a roleplay matter, people want to keep their character history and just changing classes, it's not about being needed, the op just did what zos told him to, suggest in the forums
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Its not about a new character, its a roleplay matter, people want to keep their character history and just changing classes, it's not about being needed, the op just did what zos told him to, suggest in the forums

Been sugested and shot down
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen zos shot down any of these claims at the forums, and I've been in a lot of claas change discussions, until someone from zos talks, people will keep asking
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't seen zos shot down any of these claims at the forums, and I've been in a lot of claas change discussions, until someone from zos talks, people will keep asking

Because hope, despite years of radio silence from ZOS, springs eternal.

As long as ZOS can make money off of selling new character slots, crown store experience scrolls and other crown store items for leveling new characters, its not going to happen. A class change token, even an expensive class change token, is a lot of lost revenue from people playing the game and buying crown store stuff as they level new characters. Grinding new characters prolongs the lifespan of the game. Class Change does not.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But with the silence from ZOS might suggest that it's not something they are interested in ! And with the time spent replying you would have levelled up a new character
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭

Why do you need to find motifs etc it's not needed just use your main toon for that , just sounds like an excuse to be lazy

This is my main toon I am talking about. It is part of her character to craft. Thanks for calling me lazy, too. i was told to suggest it on the forums, so I did. I suppose it's also lazy to not want to spend six months re-leveling all the mount training too?

Exactly. The class change token is wanted to bring my main toon in line with the RP. When I made them when I first started playing, I did not know the game or how to play and just made whatever class looked interesting to start with. Now that they are leveled and have a solid RP, the class does not suit them, everything else does.

But with the silence from ZOS might suggest that it's not something they are interested in ! And with the time spent replying you would have levelled up a new character

Two days from 1 to 50, with the skyshards and the TG and DB and Morrowind storylines? And mount training? And leveling crafting? And getting the motifs for them (farmed, I don't have the gold to re-buy them)? Days must be really long on your planet to fit that around a life! I'm rather envious you could do all that in two days when it has taken me more than a year to get all that on my main (the character I want to class change)!
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is my main toon I am talking about. It is part of her character to craft. Thanks for calling me lazy, too. i was told to suggest it on the forums, so I did. I suppose it's also lazy to not want to spend six months re-leveling all the mount training too?

Exactly. The class change token is wanted to bring my main toon in line with the RP. When I made them when I first started playing, I did not know the game or how to play and just made whatever class looked interesting to start with. Now that they are leveled and have a solid RP, the class does not suit them, everything else does.

Two days from 1 to 50, with the skyshards and the TG and DB and Morrowind storylines? And mount training? And leveling crafting? And getting the motifs for them (farmed, I don't have the gold to re-buy them)? Days must be really long on your planet to fit that around a life! I'm rather envious you could do all that in two days when it has taken me more than a year to get all that on my main (the character I want to class change)!

God ZOS just give it to them if it shuts them up , not that it's needed
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nobody said its needed, why you so salty over OPs request? Like as its your money being spent over the development
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nobody said its needed, why you so salty over OPs request? Like as its your money being spent over the development

Not salty but with the bigger issues on the game this would need to be far down the list
  • MerlinPendragon
    MerlinPendragon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not needed. Please don't add this @ZoS
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to have a change of class token. I really don't see that it would be that hard to create.

What I'd really like to see is a reworking of the class system to actually be able to "play as you want"! I feel kinda screwed. The class descriptions and class designs are far from perfect. In many ways they are more restrictive than MMOs with class systems. And then the meta-gamers...

Apologies, not trying to derail. A class change token would be awesome.
    Black-handed Hluill and his daughter Leyek of House Numaril.
  • SecretJoy
    SecretJoy
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly don't know of an MMO out there that let's you change class after character creation, so I doubt this will ever be implemented.

Final Fantasy online has a nice way of taking care of this issue, considering that you can eventually level up every class on a single character if you want to.

But that gets rid of the need for alts, which I think most people enjoy in this game.

Your best bet is to keep that character as your crafter, and then level up a new one for your main. Yes, it's annoying to have to go through the process again. But if you've changed your mind that's pretty much the only course of action you can take right now.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Coming the next chapter if they implement psijic as another class, it would be very nice to have the option to change, not like I could have chosen it before.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure this is the first and only time this has ever been suggested in the history of ESO forums. /s
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure this is the first and only time this has ever been suggested in the history of ESO forums. /s

It's fairly simple to avoid request spam: Just answer with yay or nay. While zos doesnt do that, people keep asking.
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ley wrote: »

It's fairly simple to avoid request spam: Just answer with yay or nay. While zos doesnt do that, people keep asking.

I think their silence speaks volumes. If they thought that class change tokens were a good idea, they would have added them and sold them for a TON of crowns.

Why confirm or deny something that's just going to *** people off? When instead you can just deal with someone inevitably making a thread about it once a month, that ends up being forgotten.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wonder how much a class change token, hypothetically, would be?

More than a race change, I'm sure...which is already pretty steep.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Eleandor
    Eleandor
    ✭✭✭
    In all fairness I predict this will lead to a future ESO where 90% play the recent OP class. I can see tons of sorcs changing to NB right now and then to whatever gets buffed in the next patch. Part of the appeal is people overcoming challenges with current classes.

I get your point and your situation of wanting to change a character you hardly play. That's a legitimate ask and idea. But I think the consequences would be too severe with the majority jumping on the "xx is OP, I want to be OP, that's my new class" bandwagon.