Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

150 daily quests... a bit overkill?

• Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks ZOS. Another achievement I can't care about.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need a new hobby
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone do dailies because they are cool and fun? I know I don’t. Even the prospect of a motif page doesn’t really motivate me. They are mostly dull and not very well done. Can’t see me doing 150 of these.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seems like the Koreans have slowly taken over Zos...
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is multiple quests you can do per day, i had only time to complete 3 of them, but there were more dailies available after that.

@MyNameIsElias
    If you will have some info about how many of them can be completed per day, I'll be grateful if you share it :)
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if they can be shared, they still take time to do.

Wasting time to finish 5 x dailies on 1 day still takes as much time as doing 1 daily for 5 days. That's really the main concern, time spent in game doing something like this remains the same, whether they are shared or not.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait a minute.

5 dailies per day (you can do them all and you don't even have to share)

150/5 = 30

So 1 month of dailies to get the achievement - that sounds OK to me! (it should probably be sequential rather than one lump of 150 quests though, like 10, 30, 150)

Edit: The dailies are fast (if you have the wayshrines of course)
    A Taste for Toxins: Sentinel->kill beetles near the water catcher things->Bergama->grab lizard->Shadowfen
    Anti-Venom Agitation: 3 points in Grahtwood for gather, then to npc, then back to Shadowfen (this is the worst imo)
    The Winds of Kyne: Fort Amol->short ride to npc->Windhelm->short ride to the 3 quest spots->Fort Amol->npc->Shadowfen
    Salty Meats: Riften, ride east and get meat->wayshrine near npc->Shadowfen (currently the western mammoth quest area was bugged for me but it would be faster than the Riften mammoths).
    Reeling in Recruits: Mournhold->Vulkhel Guard->Stros M'kai (you post a note and dance at each)-> Shadowfen!
    Edited by Mix on August 1, 2018 12:49PM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

150/5 = 30

So 1 month of dailies to get the achievement - that sounds OK to me!

Try calculating how much time it will take to do 5 daily quests each day for 30 days though ..
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mix wrote: »
    Wait a minute.

150/5 = 30

So 1 month of dailies to get the achievement - that sounds OK to me!

I didn't know how many of them we could do each day.
    Thanks for clarification! Grab an insightful :)
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Does anyone do dailies because they are cool and fun? I know I don’t. Even the prospect of a motif page doesn’t really motivate me. They are mostly dull and not very well done. Can’t see me doing 150 of these.

this yes^^^^^^^

dailies and dungeons suck
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Carbonised I will have to time myself today (once the server comes up) but it sure feels fast (except the Grahtwood one *rolls eyes*)
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok - I guess I was a bit out of it earlier - there are SIX dailies not FIVE.

Dailies where other players won't change the time needed to do it:
    • Reeling in Recruits
    • Winds of Kyne

Dailies where you need to kill+loot quest items, competition from other players will increase time needed:
    • Salty Meats
    • Bug Off!
    • Anti-Venom Agitation
    • A Taste for Toxins

It took me 42 minutes to do all 6 quests on the PTS. No competition and my load screens are usually shorter.

I would guess at least an hour to do all 6 on Live.

That would make 150/6 = 25 days and 1 hour per day so about 25 hours. (Now if the items you need to kill mobs to get is really bad that time could increase quite a bit).

Also the Achievement is tiered: 1 quest, 40 quests, 150 quests.

The reward is just a title and we will have about 3 months before Murkmire DLC hits, so we should be able to get this achievement before then.

The reward boxes contain: (seems to be 3 items from this list)
    • pieces of Swamp Jelly Runebox
    • Murkmire theme furniture item
    • Shadowfen set gear
    • intricate white gear
    • ornate white gear
    • 5 x Provisioning ingredient
    • 5 x bait
    • 5 x Flint

I have opened 18 boxes so far and 2 pieces for the Swamp Jelly pet and 7 furniture items.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with a month long grind guys
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    Also, could we stop making a billion meaningless titles for every update.

Just farting a bit loudly in a trial or battleground will yield a title. 6-8 new titles per new dungeon as well, and now a meaningless title "Murkmire prepper", wow, much fancy, very glamorous, just for doing a number of dailies in a prologue quest.

It's a already a struggle to find my titles in the dropdown menu from the 60+ possible ones, and when I come across someone, half the times I don't even know what that title means. All the old ones I recall and they have meaning, the vast majority of the new titles are meaningless to me.

DING! Most Ostentatious Fart!
    Title: The Odiferous
    Skin: Green wisps and flies buzzing around
    Furnishing: A Glade Plug In air freshener (for 100k gold ofc!)
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you reached PVP Rank 50 before AP was doubled last year (?), then spending an hour a day for 25 days completing six auto-pilot quests is not a grind.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LonePirate wrote: »
    If you reached PVP Rank 50 before AP was doubled last year (?), then spending an hour a day for 25 days completing six auto-pilot quests is not a grind.

Don't come here and compare dynamic player versus player content with doing the same neverchanging fetch quest 150 times.

It's fine that you want to flash your pvp epeen in this thread apparently, but the two things have nothing to do with one another, and clearly you need to look up what a grind actually means.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Don't come here and compare dynamic player versus player content with doing the same neverchanging fetch quest 150 times.

It's fine that you want to flash your pvp epeen in this thread apparently, but the two things have nothing to do with one another, and clearly you need to look up what a grind actually means.

You’re absolutely right! Accomplishing a task in 25 hours is a far greater grind than something that requires over 1,000 hours. Math is for losers!
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm already bored just reading about them. Sorry, I just can't see myself doing anymore time filler quests like these. I am not travelling across the land for these unless the reward is the best thing in the whole game.
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have master angler, 150 daily which you can do 6 a day is trivial
  • The-Baconator
    The-Baconator
    ✭✭✭✭

You’re absolutely right! Accomplishing a task in 25 hours is a far greater grind than something that requires over 1,000 hours. Math is for losers!

The difference is you get GO for doing what you would normally, going into PvP and killing things. How many people are going to do those dailes for anything but the achievements or better yet keep doing them once they get the achievements?
    First PS4 NA Grand Overlord, Stormproof, and Flawless Conqueror.
    Potato Lord of Atrocity
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh, thanks! I'll still get bored, halfway through I expect. I still haven't finished the ginger kitten pet...

HAven't tried it, but just have to say... it just seems weird to get getting parts of a pet.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I will grind them at my leisure, just like I did the Gold Coast, Morrowind, CWC, Summerset, Undaunted, FG/MG, Hew's Bane, IC and Cyrodiil dailies.

It's only a grind if you make it out to be a grind. I prefer to look at it as just another option for me to do that day.

The difference is you get GO for doing what you would normally, going into PvP and killing things. How many people are going to do those dailes for anything but the achievements or better yet keep doing them once they get the achievements?

To be fair, the anniversary event that drops motifs for dailies renews interest in dailies for a bit, not to mention that they're easy XP without the tedium of Dolmen or Skyreach grinding, if you so choose to break that tedium.
    Argonian forever
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Also, could we stop making a billion meaningless titles for every update.

Just farting a bit loudly in a trial or battleground will yield a title. 6-8 new titles per new dungeon as well, and now a meaningless title "Murkmire prepper", wow, much fancy, very glamorous, just for doing a number of dailies in a prologue quest.

It's a already a struggle to find my titles in the dropdown menu from the 60+ possible ones, and when I come across someone, half the times I don't even know what that title means. All the old ones I recall and they have meaning, the vast majority of the new titles are meaningless to me.

DING! Most Ostentatious Fart!
    Title: The Odiferous
    Skin: Green wisps and flies buzzing around
    Furnishing: A Glade Plug In air freshener (for 100k gold ofc!)

Does the skin get rid of the vampirism look?
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just started playing and only performing two daily quests so far. Must remember once I get to a certain amount, I do not have to do them, I do not have to do them, I do not have to do them.....
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will grind them at my leisure, just like I did the Gold Coast, Morrowind, CWC, Summerset, Undaunted, FG/MG, Hew's Bane, IC and Cyrodiil dailies.

It's only a grind if you make it out to be a grind. I prefer to look at it as just another option for me to do that day.

To be fair, the anniversary event that drops motifs for dailies renews interest in dailies for a bit, not to mention that they're easy XP without the tedium of Dolmen or Skyreach grinding, if you so choose to break that tedium.

Yeah, I haven't really given a pile of guar dung about any of the daily quests in the game because they are the same, repetitive, "go here, fetch this", types of quests that just bore me to death and add no legitimate value to my characters or my gaming experience.

It's because of this, that I am struggling to find the motivation to get the wayshrines discovered and do the Psijic skill-line grindfest on the rest of my characters that I feel could use that skill-line.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.