Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cryomancer 2.0 - Warden BG Build - Updated

• VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    You didn't mention the very specific bug/exploit associated with this setup. Can't watch vid now, but do you mention it in the vid?

Bug? Please share more info if you can.

I am running a similar build on the PC side - I am primarily light though. I have thought of adding Healing Thicket instead of the Destro Ulti. I also replaced Inner Light from Jack's build for Arctic Wind. If only they had some super cool Valkyn like Ice spouting monster helm bomb and my look would be complete!

I am now absolutely enamored with my Mag Warden. Many thanks to @JackDaniell for creating his build which I emulated!!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You didn't mention the very specific bug/exploit associated with this setup. Can't watch vid now, but do you mention it in the vid?

Bug? Please share more info if you can.

I am running a similar build on the PC side - I am primarily light though. I have thought of adding Healing Thicket instead of the Destro Ulti. I also replaced Inner Light from Jack's build for Arctic Wind. If only they had some super cool Valkyn like Ice spouting monster helm bomb and my look would be complete!

I am now absolutely enamored with my Mag Warden. Many thanks to @JackDaniell for creating his build which I emulated!!

Hrm, jack is cool but like, damn, on my thread? I am chuckling, but there's still a sting lmao

Thogard is talking about apparently the snare from winterborn proc ignores snare immunity.

@VirtualElizabeth Glad you like your Magden :cry:

So I was curious if this was actually a sneaky way of saying I copied his build. So I went to his profile and found his thread.

The sets are the same, (to my original post) except for the fact his build:

He runs Ice heart, I run Skoria

He has:
    Winter's Revenge vs my Gripping Shards
    Living Trellis vs my Leaching Vines
    Ice Fortress vs my Bone Shield
    Mist Form vs my Reverberating Bash
    Inner Light vs Shimmering Shield
    Force Pulse vs my Artic Blast

He runs x2 Frost Staff, I run Frost and SnB

I have all attributes into Health

Different Food
    Different Mundus

And with my update, I don't plan on running Torug any more.

So, it's like, a completely different build
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 31, 2018 10:37PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey sorry @Waffennacht didn't mean to down your build at all. Just saw you gave a shout out to him as well so I assumed yours was a variation of his also since the sets are the same.

Many apologies!
    @ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey sorry @Waffennacht didn't mean to down your build at all. Just saw you gave a shout out to him as well so I assumed yours was a variation of his also since the sets are the same.

Many apologies!

@VirtualElizabeth Well I am glad you mentioned something because I never would have seen his.

I'm gonna change the OP post once I upgrade my gear.

But I'm stealing some of @Irylia (and other's) idea about sturdy impreg over Torug.

The defense provided is well worth the damage, and now I'm running double dmg poisons backbar.

Oh he posted it in General, it got insta buried
    Edited by Waffennacht on July 31, 2018 10:27PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht Oh! It never crossed my mind you copied his build since you gave a shout out to him. Plus I don't roll like that to be honest, no passive aggressiveness here as much as possible!

I do like your build and I wondered about switching to Impreg myself to feel a bit more tanky. I run that set on my mag NB and really dig it. I also thought about switching to back bar resto to run mutagen as a purge - seems to be needed this patch.

@ElizabethInAustin
    NA/PC
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht Oh! It never crossed my mind you copied his build since you gave a shout out to him. Plus I don't roll like that to be honest, no passive aggressiveness here as much as possible!

I do like your build and I wondered about switching to Impreg myself to feel a bit more tanky. I run that set on my mag NB and really dig it. I also thought about switching to back bar resto to run mutagen as a purge - seems to be needed this patch.

I tried resto back bar. First thing I noticed was no reliable CC, second was lack of defile.

Definitely like impreg, and with sturdy, when focused I can block and if resources run low, bar swap

- fyi I appreciate how kind you've been :)

I'll post stat pic soon. And a new video is gonna take some time.
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who creating that crazy names? Magden, Healthden etc

Try to make Viableden next time, please, instead of another Assden
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    Who creating that crazy names? Magden, Healthden etc

Try to make Viableden next time, please, instead of another Assden

Lmfao. Not entirely sure who's the first to come up with the lingo.

If you want a standard Magden you can check out several here on the forums - lexxy and Jack have one posted up right now.

If you're commenting on the cheese factor (the idea of a proc build tank) well - it's not sload, rune cage, cloak, Zaan, or bleeds! Lmfao

Now if you are saying my build isn't viable... Well then that I do take words to. It's excruciatingly viable. As you can tell by the great k:d ratio, Leaderboard Placement, and massive BG scores. Hell even open world it did just fine
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    To add to the theory craft that I really enjoy here I tested on a very similar build on my MagDen the Steed mundus, and the +5% is way better in live than on paper, i would advise to give it a try :)
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There, updated the original post to what I'm running now, added a short gameplay video, all no CP.

If I forgot something please let me know :)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    The kills seem satisfying, despite what any proc haters would tell you. Lock em down and watch em go, kinda sick actually
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play a similar build on my health warden. If you get a templar healer in your group, its absurd........
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch679 what sets? (Assuming at least one is different) any other skills or suggestions?

I'm still torn on protective trait, another swift, Tribune and even contemplating a bloodthirst - one or even two protective seems meh imo, swift is essentially my anti-snare, I would think bloodthirsty would increase the proc damage when nearing execute ranges and Tribune seems to be more valuable than arcane etc - any thoughts?

Also, I'm wondering about shield wall vs thicket

I am really enjoying Impregnable, thing is, seems like only sturdy and we'll fitted give enough cost reduction to really take advantage of the crit resistance, is that correct or just a "feeling"? Sometimes I wonder about the other traits (such as divines or Nirn even)

I wanna get my max mag up - something that kinda needs Undaunted passives
    The kills seem satisfying, despite what any proc haters would tell you. Lock em down and watch em go, kinda sick actually

Lol, I've actually made everyone that has sent me hate whispers laugh. They don't expect me to agree that it's cheesy lmfao. And I usually get props when I point out no sloads lmfao. I'm surprised the build does do as well as it does, thanks @Metemsycosis !
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great work @waffennacht !

Oblivion enchant seems out of place. Why not Frost enchant? Even more chance to chill and then immobilize. With no other source of oblivion, i dont see it being as useful as frost?

I need to get back to leveling my warden, so i can steal all your work ;)
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Hutch679 what sets? (Assuming at least one is different) any other skills or suggestions?

I'm still torn on protective trait, another swift, Tribune and even contemplating a bloodthirst - one or even two protective seems meh imo, swift is essentially my anti-snare, I would think bloodthirsty would increase the proc damage when nearing execute ranges and Tribune seems to be more valuable than arcane etc - any thoughts?

Also, I'm wondering about shield wall vs thicket

I am really enjoying Impregnable, thing is, seems like only sturdy and we'll fitted give enough cost reduction to really take advantage of the crit resistance, is that correct or just a "feeling"? Sometimes I wonder about the other traits (such as divines or Nirn even)

I wanna get my max mag up - something that kinda needs Undaunted passives

Lol, I've actually made everyone that has sent me hate whispers laugh. They don't expect me to agree that it's cheesy lmfao. And I usually get props when I point out no sloads lmfao. I'm surprised the build does do as well as it does, thanks @Metemsycosis !

Duroks, sloads, valkyn skoria, maelstrom ice staff back bar. I'm running infused jewelry. Smoked bear haunch. Elemental drain instead of clench for the additional sustain and major breach. I'd like to switch it up tho. Maybe run reverb as you said and dump duroks for something like green pact. Definitely sturdy on impregnable tho.
    Edited by Hutch679 on August 2, 2018 6:59PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

Oblivion enchant seems out of place. Why not Frost enchant? Even more chance to chill and then immobilize. With no other source of oblivion, i dont see it being as useful as frost?

Well if the Oblivion damage glyph continues to trigger after casting blockade/reach when I'm on SnB, that provides approximately 800 Oblivion damage per sec (much akin to sload)

It's the only counter to healing ward spam. Relying on the procs to get through Shields and kill a shield user seems rather difficult, the Oblivion damage offers pressure on shield users.

I also like it against DKs and that ult that reduces their damage taken
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torugs will be a lot stronger next patch.

If you want to have a really fun set that only works against bad players, you should also mess around with bahrahaba ‘s curse (or whatever the name is I can’t spell it).
    Edited by Thogard on August 2, 2018 7:44PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torugs will be a lot stronger next patch.

If you want to have a really fun set that only works against bad players, you should also mess around with bahrahaba ‘s curse (or whatever the name is I can’t spell it).

Lol, I call it bahahahahaha set!

I thought about it, and realized I don't have all the heavy pieces and was like... Maybe later
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ironshoe7
    ironshoe7
    I run a similar build and absolutely love this play style, though I tend to have more success open world than bgs.

Are you running Betty for the mag regen or for the free purge? I run bull but have considered switching.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ironshoe7 wrote: »
    I run a similar build and absolutely love this play style, though I tend to have more success open world than bgs.

Are you running Betty for the mag regen or for the free purge? I run bull but have considered switching.

Both, also the heal, and it essentially reduces frost staff block!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • ironshoe7
    ironshoe7
    Does a resummon to purge prior to the end of the duration proc bond with nature?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ironshoe7 wrote: »
    Does a resummon to purge prior to the end of the duration proc bond with nature?

It sure does!
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Laquey
    Laquey
    ✭✭✭
    Love this build @Waffennacht.

I run a Winter Soldier light armour build in CP for sieges and other mass battles that focuses on Winter's revenge, Ice Commet, Blockade and Destro ranged AoE for some fun times at bandcamp. It's always nice to see packed groups of people explode under 10+ winterborn procs; freaking hilarious.

Can you get winterborn blue jewellery from VMA normal? I've not finished VMA vet yet; I seem to die on the last boss with my previous couple of hours of attempts I've only spent a few hours trying VMA vet so I could probably get through it easily enough. VMA Normal would be a lot faster and reliable for me though. :)

Great build, loved the outfit too, what colours do you use on your armour pieces?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Laquey wrote: »
    Love this build @Waffennacht.

I run a Winter Soldier light armour build in CP for sieges and other mass battles that focuses on Winter's revenge, Ice Commet, Blockade and Destro ranged AoE for some fun times at bandcamp. It's always nice to see packed groups of people explode under 10+ winterborn procs; freaking hilarious.

Can you get winterborn blue jewellery from VMA normal? I've not finished VMA vet yet; I seem to die on the last boss with my previous couple of hours of attempts I've only spent a few hours trying VMA vet so I could probably get through it easily enough. VMA Normal would be a lot faster and reliable for me though. :)

Great build, loved the outfit too, what colours do you use on your armour pieces?

@Laquey yeah you can get winterborn rings in normal, and winterborn weapons makes it a whole lot faster. It drops on the last round
    Edited by Waffennacht on August 3, 2018 12:40AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht yeah I'm going to run valkyn skoria, green pact, and sloads on mine. Just need to get the green pact gear this weekend. The stats are insanity. ~39k health, 16k max magicka, 1400k stamina, 1700 mag regen, 1600 health regen, 1500 stam regen, 15k stamina regen... running 3 swift trait jewelry pieces and use elusive mist instead of bird of prey... its insanity
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Hutch679 wrote: »
    @Waffennacht yeah I'm going to run valkyn skoria, green pact, and sloads on mine. Just need to get the green pact gear this weekend. The stats are insanity. ~39k health, 16k max magicka, 1400k stamina, 1700 mag regen, 1600 health regen, 1500 stam regen, 15k stamina regen... running 3 swift trait jewelry pieces and use elusive mist instead of bird of prey... its insanity

Green pact is really good yes, but try to compare with warrior poet, depending on your config it could be slightly better, just an option to consider.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »

Green pact is really good yes, but try to compare with warrior poet, depending on your config it could be slightly better, just an option to consider.

Wardens always have minor toughness active it's one of their passives. So it would be a waste of a 5 piece.
  • ironshoe7
    ironshoe7

How are you getting all that recovery?
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »

Well if the Oblivion damage glyph continues to trigger after casting blockade/reach when I'm on SnB, that provides approximately 800 Oblivion damage per sec (much akin to sload)

It's the only counter to healing ward spam. Relying on the procs to get through Shields and kill a shield user seems rather difficult, the Oblivion damage offers pressure on shield users.

I also like it against DKs and that ult that reduces their damage taken

Fair enough.

But FYI, it does not proc on offbar. Elemental Blockade will proc the enchant / poison from you currently equipped weapon - NOT from the weapon that casted it.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »

Wardens always have minor toughness active it's one of their passives. So it would be a waste of a 5 piece.

Good point! I am still to much DK biased with my warden :)