Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Weapon and Armor Displayers

trowlk
trowlk
✭✭✭✭
S4nQbGM.jpg

People have been asking since Homestead release to add a Weapon and Armor display feature into our houses.
In this thread I will give some ideas on how we could add this feature.

Explanation: My idea is to separate gear and weapons into 2 features: Armor and Costumes would be displayed on Mannequins while Weapons and Shields would be displayed on Plaques, Display Cases and Weapon Racks.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

GEAR AND COSTUME DISPLAYERS:

Mannequins are the key item for this feature. The idea is that you can select what gear pieces you wish to add into the dummy.
It's up to ZOS developers to see if we can add dyed gear aswell.

Mannequins Wearing Gear
3cLq7fM.jpg

Not only you can add crafted gear into the dummies, but also place your owned costumes on them.
I wish we can craft Mannequins with different poses.

Mannequins Wearing Costumes
fpyzuWd.jpg

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

WEAPON AND SHIELD DISPLAYERS:

Weapons and Shields have a lot more diversity on where to put them.
It's up to ZOS developers to see if we can add dyed weapons aswell.

We could hang both weapons and shields on walls on small, medium and large Plaques.

Shield on a Plaque
RNOplJq.png

The small one allows you to place 1 weapon vertically, the medium one 2 diagonally and the large one 2 diagonally and 1 vertically.

Weapon Plaques
uv63QCX.jpg

We could also place weapons on Weapon Racks, here are some examples:

Redguard Weapon Rack, Large
tSP13Zi.jpg

Redguard Weapon Rack, Small
a1nBEe9.jpg

Common Weapon Rack
tZgEUWo.jpg

You can add both shields and weapons on the following Display Cases:
The first one could be placeable on walls.

Display Case, Loose
doSjkMp.png

Display Case, Grounded
r04ljdJ.jpg

And finally I wish we have the option to display Quivers aswell, here is an example:

Quiver on a Plaque
WLIcdgJ.png

• Sandmanninja
    Sandmanninja
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like this idea.
    [Hard Mode Dungeoneers] is recruiting all players of all levels for this new Guild.
    THIS IS A NEW-BUT-GROWING GUILD. We are focused on doing vet pledges, vet dungeons, getting achieves, & doing hard mode bosses.
    Most active GMT+10 (Australia time zone) in the afternoon Mon-Fri and all day Sat/Sun.
    Pst/email for info/invites.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This would make my blacksmith shop look 100% better.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would be cool. But make it a seperate furnishing category that doesn't take up the slots for normal furnishings. :)
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idk 50 slots for notable houses would allow you to decorate a decent armoury. But with housing there is no such thing as enough slots. ;)
  • Shewolf075
    Shewolf075
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Exactly this would be a fantastic feature for Housing.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We need this for purple stolen goods as well. I don't care whether I have to launder it first, but I need a display case for that stuff. >:)
  • Androconium
    Androconium
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like fun!
    You can't have it.
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like fun!
    You can't have it.

This is not the vampire skin topic. >:)
  • trowlk
    trowlk
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm back from a deep slumber, I was thinking of reiviving some of my forum threads. Do you guys still like this proposal?
  • Captain_Cirion
    Captain_Cirion
    Soul Shriven
    trowlk wrote: »
    I'm back from a deep slumber, I was thinking of reiviving some of my forum threads. Do you guys still like this proposal?

I absolutely support your idea!
    And I lend you my necromancies to help you resurrect this post!

I love to place NPCs and Clutter in those houses that give ambiance. I dont talk about apples on dishes, but Merchant counters/chests and wagons.
    Armor displays in the main hall or as part of an armory or merchant corner would be really cool.

I guess it would be fair that you could only build these when you have the full armor motif unlocked or for weapons, the full weapon assortment. Then It would require 15 racial/motif mats for a mannequin, 5 for a display plate and maybe 10 for a weapon rack in a particular style. The type of armor would require also the rawmaterial of the particular thing. Cloth Armor, needs cloth...staves rack requires wood. The upgrade materials could change the colors of the styles and the quality of the recipe.

I guess this would even increase the value of having a crafter and would sting some endgame enthusiasm to farm these motifs completely or even collect stuff for them, coz they would be pricey as they should be.

Just my 2 cents.

Alternatively I could also live with a merchant per Zone/DLC-Zone that would sell different racks and stands for people that completed either the zone or a new zone-crafting-related achievement.

EDIT: It might just be actually easier if displays would work like and outfit-station. Just that you dont have your character in the focus but the rack. And the slots differ between what the rack is and how much it can display. This way you could change the color and stuff and display all your unlocked motifs. Including Artifacts and Monstersets/Weapons
    Edited by Captain_Cirion on June 5, 2019 7:04AM
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    I'd really support that, especially when it comes with a certain functionality.
    Purely cosmetic displays (aquirable based in Motifs you know and your collection) would be completely fine, but a separate functional version of armor mannequins and weapon display would be dope too. Just make it so that interacting with them swaps your current equipment (current bar for weapons) with that on the display. For weapon displays this should also mean, that the bar is swapped alongside the weapons themselves. So interacting with one will pit your active weapon set on it and save your bar there, whilst equipping you with the previously displayed setup and giving you the bar saved alongside it, to sum it up. Costumes from mannequins equipping on interact should of course also be the case (all for the owner only ofc). This would give console players the opportunity to save multiple setups.
  • Captain_Cirion
    Captain_Cirion
    Soul Shriven
    Just make it so that interacting with them swaps your current equipment (current bar for weapons) with that on the display. For weapon displays this should also mean, that the bar is swapped alongside the weapons themselves. So interacting with one will pit your active weapon set on it and save your bar there, whilst equipping you with the previously displayed setup and giving you the bar saved alongside it, to sum it up.

This will not be possible, as your house is open to all your alts and technically people you are friends with.
    Adding a cross-over functionality for a display that will work differently on all your chars is potentially impossible.

But I also dont get the point. Would you always ever travel to your house just to swap a weapon and 5-6 Skills? How often do you do that? Sure on PC you got Addons that help with that, but they are for hotswap between encounters.
    I think just for a use-case technically a display should stay a display.
    To tie other game mechanics into it will be difficult and might be a missleading concept.
  • LennoxPoodle
    LennoxPoodle
    ✭✭✭
    Just make it so that interacting with them swaps your current equipment (current bar for weapons) with that on the display. For weapon displays this should also mean, that the bar is swapped alongside the weapons themselves. So interacting with one will pit your active weapon set on it and save your bar there, whilst equipping you with the previously displayed setup and giving you the bar saved alongside it, to sum it up.

This will not be possible, as your house is open to all your alts and technically people you are friends with.
    Adding a cross-over functionality for a display that will work differently on all your chars is potentially impossible.

But I also dont get the point. Would you always ever travel to your house just to swap a weapon and 5-6 Skills? How often do you do that? Sure on PC you got Addons that help with that, but they are for hotswap between encounters.
    I think just for a use-case technically a display should stay a display.
    To tie other game mechanics into it will be difficult and might be a missleading concept.

Fair points I guess. It's more about the rule of cool and to swap your setup between trials, overland, PvP, etc activities between which you might hop to a hub anyway.
    Other players shouldn't be capable of interacting with them of course. As for the bars: you already can have abilities on them which don't work under the current circumstances (other weapon) and just non functional. This could easily be done with abilities from other classes.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be cool. But make it a seperate furnishing category that doesn't take up the slots for normal furnishings. :)

That, or maybe we could simply have much more slots. I mean 700 in a notable house is stupidly low. 400 in an average house is relly not that much either. And thjat's with ESo+, which doubles the slots.

A notable house should be at least 1000...
  • Captain_Cirion
    Captain_Cirion
    Soul Shriven
    Fair points I guess. It's more about the rule of cool and to swap your setup between trials, overland, PvP, etc activities between which you might hop to a hub anyway.
    Other players shouldn't be capable of interacting with them of course. As for the bars: you already can have abilities on them which don't work under the current circumstances (other weapon) and just non functional. This could easily be done with abilities from other classes.

To be frank...I totally would love that! But seriously, this should be Game-Menu thing. I totally like when things are immersive...but game mechanics (Classes, Skills etc.) are a different layer of a game. Making these immersive kills the pace and the enjoyment of said feature really fast. Blizzard btw is always hoping on and off this concept having no clear line (See artifact weapons and leveling them up, or pvp-warmode only switch on in main capital BS).

Its a mechanic, so I feel this should not be crossed with housing, which is an narrative/immersive feature.
    Swapping Skills could be done much more easily (like addons do *ehem ZOS*) by a menu.

ESOs housing is the most immersive I've ever seen....I guess it would be even more immersive, if the flora you can place would require to actually grow them first...but thats it. I consider housing as "I am doing this as a character". So they way my house looks, is what my character achieved, afforded and build.

I think the only cross-over to a game mechanic should be the way you are allowed to create those armor/motif-themed racks and stands. But this would require immensely high amounts of different items (all motifs, all colors etc)...although cool, this should be dropped as an idea. It would actually propel the value of crafting of furniture along with what you have collected...which would have a big impact on replay-ability in general. (you know farming stuff to be able to create and sell it -> Value to others. All by playing the game "again").
    I guess that a menu/system like the Outfit-Station's for each rack/stand would be a lean solution and still leave the options you have to personalize this to what you actually have achieved personally.

• ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

As this thread was originally created in July 2018 we have decided to close it. We do not recommend posting in excessively old threads.

If you wish to discuss a topic that creates the opportunity for constructive conversation and there is no recent thread on the subject, please feel free to create a new topic.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.