The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

BUY THE CRAFT BAG OUTRIGHT

stitchesofdooom
stitchesofdooom
✭✭✭✭
Having the Craft Bag as an ESO Plus only perk is insulting. You give us more and more items all the time and nobody's bank can handle that. I'm not paying a monthly subscription just for the privilege but I will buy it outright for about 1500 Crowns.
Edited by stitchesofdooom on July 18, 2018 3:02PM
Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
PCMR EU.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    1500 crowns?!? Try adding another 0 onto that one pal
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You want the Craft Bag then Sub.

It is the primary benefit of subbing. Remove that incentive and enough people will cancel their subs that this game will die. Or become the Cash Shop P2W that no one wants.

Its kind of insulting that you want to destroy this game because you want the craft bag for basically one months subscription.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This topic has come up a number of times and whilst the community have different thoughts on it ZOS has been pretty keen to keep the bag as an ESO Plus perk.

It's one of the biggest perks of ESO Plus and moving it to a single purchase (regardless of cost) would no doubt cause a lot of people to drop their subs or just devalue them over all.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Having the Craft Bag as an ESO Plus only perk is insulting. You give us more and more items all the time and nobody's bank can handle that. I'm not paying a monthly subscription just for the privilege but I will buy it outright for about 1500 Crowns.

If they ever sold it, it would be the most expensive item in the crowns store, more than a year's worth of sub crowns. Many of us would never sub again if we owned the crafting bag.

I don't know why you chose to start another one of these threads while putting in an absurdly small number like 1500 crowns.
    Options
  • SlippyCheeze
    SlippyCheeze
    ✭✭✭
    Having the Craft Bag as an ESO Plus only perk is insulting.

It isn't "insulting", it just isn't what you want. They don't do this deliberately to tell you they don't like you.
    Options
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Some of us have subscribed from the beginning of this game, primarily for the craft bag, paying $15 a month for over four years...and you want to buy it for 1500 crowns? LMAO.
    Options
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the logic behind being willing to pay for it outright, yet not be willing to pay to sub.

126,000 crowns sounds about right. With an expected 10 year life span @ $15 a month for sub that works out to $900 at half off.

$900 or 126,000 crowns is what an ESO+ customer will pay if they maintain the sub for 50% of that duration.

Be willing to match that, and I'd say the craft bag is all yours.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
    Options
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craft Bag, used as a proper noun, is the in-game furnishing used to represent ESO+.

This indicates to me that they intend the Craft Bag to remain an immutable and exclusive ESO+ feature, and there will be no lesser bags of a similar function available through other means.
    signing off
    Options
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not paying a monthly subscription just for the privilege but I will buy it outright for about 1500 Crowns.

Now who’s being insulting?
    Options
  • SilverWF
    SilverWF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm paying for ESO+ because of this:
    1. Craft Bag. Hands down, most useful stuff in the game
    2. Double bank and furnishing space. Not such important as prev. one, but still pretty useful
    3. 1500 crowns. 1 month of ESO+ has a cost ~ equal to cost of 1500 crowns pack, so why even just buy crowns only? I'll pay for ESO+, would get the same amount of crowns and also some very useful features
    • PC EU. Ebonheart Pact. CP 1k+
    • YouTube: All ESO disguises (2014)
    • EU players are humans too! We want our maintenances in the least pop time (at deep night) and not lasted for several hours!
    • Animation canceR - is true PvP cancer! When you can't see which actions your opponent do - you can't react properly on them!
    Options
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep it eso+ or have it 'rented' so 1500 crowns for the month ;)
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
    Options
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SilverWF wrote: »
    2. Double bank and furnishing space. Not such important as prev. one, but still pretty useful
    3. 1500 crowns. 1 month of ESO+ has a cost ~ equal to cost of 1500 crowns pack, so why even just buy crowns only? I'll pay for ESO+, would get the same amount of crowns and also some very useful features

Who buys 1500 crown packs? If you can afford ESO+, you would be pretty dumb to buy crowns 1500 at a time.
    Options
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not a hope in hell
    Options
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Your willingness to support the game's continuing existence is truly heart-warming. [leave it up to the reader to decide whether this is /sarcasm or not]

Know what you can do for 1500 crowns? Get a sub for one month. Farm mats/gear/items so intensively that even Sheogorath would stand and applaud in amazement. Load up everything possible in your double bank space and endless crafting bag. Keep farming like crazy for the whole month. Before the month is over, cancel your sub. You won't be able to add more items to you bag or bank, of course. However you did manage to clear out your character inventory, so you've got space. AND you got 1500 crowns from the sub to spend in the crown store, you wonderful supportive person you.

I think a lot of the people who sub would have issues if they sold the crafting bag for one month's sub cost. Especially those players who subbed from the beginning when it was mandatory, and got no perks beyond being able to play the game in return.
    Options
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

It is the primary benefit of subbing. Remove that incentive and enough people will cancel their subs that this game will die. Or become the Cash Shop P2W that no one wants.

Its kind of insulting that you want to destroy this game because you want the craft bag for basically one months subscription.

"destroy the game"? don't be ridiculous. You see people wearing/riding crown store items all the time.
    Say NO to Crown Crates. Crown Crates are Loot Boxes. Loot Boxes are gambling. Zenimax makes enough money off us.
    ESO+ is part of the "Games as a service" trend. A trend that needs to die. Subscribe only when you need Crowns for DLC.
    Say no to "radiant" junk quests replacing proper side content and the dumbing down of our favorite franchises.
    PCMR EU.
    Options
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    1500 crowns?!? Try adding another 0 onto that one pal

I'm not paying £70-90 for it. That's just ridiculous.
    PCMR EU.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

You know what the primary benefit of subbing used to be? Playing ESO.

ZOS created this whole dumb situation... players shouldn't have to suffer. I remember when players on these forums BEGGED ZOS not to go B2P, but they did it anyway. They created "Tamriel Unlimited" and told us that buying DLC was just as good as renting month to month. Well, that turned out to be a BIG FAT LIE.

So yes, OP is correct: the crafting bag is a SLAP IN THE FACE to every player who shelled out COLD HARD CASH up front for all the DLC!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

Who buys 1500 crown packs? If you can afford ESO+, you would be pretty dumb to buy crowns 1500 at a time.

ExAcTlY :trollface:
    Options
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    This topic has come up a number of times and whilst the community have different thoughts on it ZOS has been pretty keen to keep the bag as an ESO Plus perk.

It's one of the biggest perks of ESO Plus and moving it to a single purchase (regardless of cost) would no doubt cause a lot of people to drop their subs or just devalue them over all.

you still gotta buy crowns to buy DLC. And there's plenty of DLC to buy. Plus, there's a dude in my guild who bought the big place outside of Ebonheart, furnished, for the extortionate price they sell it for.
    PCMR EU.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If your someone who spends some crowns each month, this is just a strong an argument as the Craft Bag to sub. If your going to buy 1500 crowns or so, or more, each month, sub.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    JKorr wrote: »

Your willingness to support the game's continuing existence is truly heart-warming. [leave it up to the reader to decide whether this is /sarcasm or not]

Know what you can do for 1500 crowns? Get a sub for one month. Farm mats/gear/items so intensively that even Sheogorath would stand and applaud in amazement. Load up everything possible in your double bank space and endless crafting bag. Keep farming like crazy for the whole month. Before the month is over, cancel your sub. You won't be able to add more items to you bag or bank, of course. However you did manage to clear out your character inventory, so you've got space. AND you got 1500 crowns from the sub to spend in the crown store, you wonderful supportive person you.

I think a lot of the people who sub would have issues if they sold the crafting bag for one month's sub cost. Especially those players who subbed from the beginning when it was mandatory, and got no perks beyond being able to play the game in return.

so "I don't like your idea because it would annoy some people"?
    PCMR EU.
    Options
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually on Xbox it works out cheaper buying a month ESO+ than buying 1500 crowns... js
    Options
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »

yeah, I never just buy crowns, that would be ***.
    PCMR EU.
    Options
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having the Craft Bag as an ESO Plus only perk is insulting.

It isn't "insulting", it just isn't what you want. They don't do this deliberately to tell you they don't like you.

you chopped the rest of the post that included the reason WHY.
    PCMR EU.
    Options
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    I'm not paying a monthly subscription just for the privilege but I will buy it outright for about 1500 Crowns.

Now who’s being insulting?

how exactly is that insulting?
    PCMR EU.
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I kind of like th option of letting my sub lapse and still being able to come back and check things out, if making this a sub only game would mean enough resources to fix PvP then that would be fine.
    Options
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the logic behind being willing to pay for it outright, yet not be willing to pay to sub.

126,000 crowns sounds about right. With an expected 10 year life span @ $15 a month for sub that works out to $900 at half off.

$900 or 126,000 crowns is what an ESO+ customer will pay if they maintain the sub for 50% of that duration.

Be willing to match that, and I'd say the craft bag is all yours.

I've spent more than enough on the game already thanks.
    PCMR EU.
    Options
  • stitchesofdooom
    stitchesofdooom
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Keep it eso+ or have it 'rented' so 1500 crowns for the month ;)

*slow clap*
    PCMR EU.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey, so those inventory management issues you are having? Yeah, those are all part of ZOS' nefarious plan to get you to subscribe!

Yes, its a truly dastardly plan. If you just subscribe, you get the Crafting Bag and Double Bank Space (along with many other things). All your inventory management issues just go away!

(I mean, plan no attention to the man behind the curtain the fact that you could make mule characters with a maximum of 200 spaces each (maximum 3,000 slots per account), buy housing storage for another 360 slots, or make yourself a guild, get 10 people to join and create yourself your own guild bank for another 500 slots. Since you are complaining, I'm going to assume that you have already maxed out all these options and still need yet more inventory slots.)

The inventory management issues you are experiencing are a pain. That's deliberate. Because if you subscribe, a lot of those issues get better. That's an incentive to subscribe and send a constant bit of money ZOS' way.

Its up to you to decide whether Time is Money means that the time you save on inventory is worth a subscription or not. But frankly, ZOS isn't going to change one of the major incentives for people to subscribe just to match your price point.

Full disclosure: I don't subscribe. I deal with those same inventory issues (recently maxed out housing storage and have several characters that are effectively mules). I'm perfectly fine with the idea of having to subscribe in order to get the Crafting bag.
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 18, 2018 4:41PM
    Options
This discussion has been closed.