Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Who Wants a CP Battleground Option?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Qwazz wrote: »
    Let's make Cyrodiil NO-CP only.

They tried that for two weeks last year. No thanks.

They also tried to have only one CP campaign and 2 No CP Campaigns last year (+Kyne). Well, there's a reason we have Shor (CP 7-day) now and not Almalexia (No CP 7-day).

I like CP PVP in Cyrodiil, even though I realize its not everyone's cup of tea.

They tried it for 2 weeks last year, pops were locked everyday of the test, not sure why you think that’s a counter-point of any kind.

They tried it for two weeks with double AP so we would come out and test the No CP Cyrodiil. I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as CP PVP as I went on to explain.

Counterpoint? I prefer CP PVP. I'd appreciate if people respect that instead of trying to eliminate my preferred form of Cyrodiil by changing all the,campaigns to No CP. I've tried No CP - don't prefer it. ZOS tried only one CP Campaign, and would up facing a greater demand for Shor than for Almalexia, so from that I conclude that enough players also prefer CP PVP to justify the extra campaign.

In other words, I'd rather that ZOS didn't make all the campaigns No CP, having tried it, and generally seen players that prefer CP PVP.
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think one of each CP and non-cp.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As per consenus of this thread no thanks to CP BG. They tried it and BG playstyle and population fell.

As an option sounds good but with the current MMR issues I'm u sure doing it and splitting pop further is worth it.
    NOCP suits the intended pace of BG.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    Imho they need to separate it like they do with below 50. At fin it would be like
    Below 50 (same as now)
    Below 750 (noCP, 750+ cant join)
    750+ (with CP)
  • callen4492
    callen4492
    ✭✭✭
    No-CP is always better! It relies more on individual skill than super buffed stats. No-CP is way way way way way way way way way way way better.
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd enjoy no CP a lot more if they'd actually balance for it, but at the moment no CP BGs are just procs+bleeds+resource poisons. I'd rather go back to CP if that's the only thing ZOS is going to balance around.

They also tried to have only one CP campaign and 2 No CP Campaigns last year (+Kyne). Well, there's a reason we have Shor (CP 7-day) now and not Almalexia (No CP 7-day).

They tried it for 2 weeks last year, pops were locked everyday of the test, not sure why you think that’s a counter-point of any kind.

So no CP PVP is only pop locked when they give out double AP to encourage you to do it?

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They tried it for two weeks with double AP so we would come out and test the No CP Cyrodiil. I didn't enjoy it anywhere near as much as CP PVP as I went on to explain.

Counterpoint? I prefer CP PVP. I'd appreciate if people respect that instead of trying to eliminate my preferred form of Cyrodiil by changing all the,campaigns to No CP. I've tried No CP - don't prefer it. ZOS tried only one CP Campaign, and would up facing a greater demand for Shor than for Almalexia, so from that I conclude that enough players also prefer CP PVP to justify the extra campaign.

In other words, I'd rather that ZOS didn't make all the campaigns No CP, having tried it, and generally seen players that prefer CP PVP.

Sounds like we agree - the noCP test was extremely popular, just not with you.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like we agree - the noCP test was extremely popular, just not with you.

Uh, sure. The No CP test was popular. Lots of players turned out for the double AP and the chance to test out ZOS' idea that maybe going all No CP was the silver bullet to fix all of Cyrodiil's problems. Including me. I mean, if it had been a silver bullet, most of us probably would have given in and gone No CP.

But fast forward a couple months and we have a new CP campaign, Shor, and the No CP campaign Almalexia gets shut down due to lack of population. ZOS tried testing all servers No CP, and not only was it not the silver bullet they wanted, but eventually demand for a CP 7 day campaign was greater than the demand for a No CP 7 day server. So the test was a success-in the sense that it tested a hypothesis. That hypothesis failed, No CP was not the solution to Cyrodiil's problems, and more players ultimately preferred CP PVP. But it was a fun two weeks at least.

But this is a long way to stretch from my original point, which was to tell someone who wanted to make ALL of Cyrodiil No CP Only, "No thanks, I already tried that during the test, didn't like it, please quit trying to take away what I prefer." Moreover, the history over the last year suggests that more players prefer CP campaigns to the No CP ones with the loss of Almalexia, so I don't think there's ground for denying players a CP option like the player I responded to want to.

So I'm not sure what point you are trying to make here. My original point was that I'm fine with anyone who enjoys No CP PVP. However, I object when people try to remove the option I prefer, as did the poster I was responding to. Hopefully, you can understand that. If you aren't trying to argue that ALL of Cyrodiil should be No CP, then we aren't disagreeing.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    I am max CP and still prefer it without
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • ReName
    ReName
    there is no point not enough players Que up for no cp already it would make the Que way to long it already takes 10 min to find a match
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I would play battlegrounds if they put CP BG again. It should be three options, Below 50, No
    CP and CP enabled. It's small groups anyway so there would always be marchmaking cause players would love to play against No CP giys and destroy them with their premade lag switch cheating groups, and under 50 would get all those die hard low level playing guys to have some fun and CP enabled would make BG awesome again...
  • bpmachete
    bpmachete
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    We tried it was a nightmare

No thank you
    I tried with CP and it was way better. Now its like a few lag switch cheaters on destroying everyone. With CP it was way better... also you would still have a CHOICE to go non CP, so what do you care? If it's so bad you go play in no CP against the lag switch dudes.
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn’t mind CP BGs.

The main gripe with CP BGs was TTK was too long, it was a tankfest, etc. Now in no-CP w all the procs players drop insanely fast, and it is hard to attribute many of these kills to ‘skilled gameplay.’

For CP to be perfect in BGs, certaib CP stars need nerfing. For nonCP to be perfect, the whole host of proc sets need nerfing. Only reason I prefer non cp in its current state is to even the odds for the lower CP players
    PCNA

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Nah, no CP is better for BGs and there's not enough players for two separate queues.

say what? 90% of the time my queues are 30 seconds or less. So assume they double. I might have to wait up to an entire minute.

I think their should be a CP option for BGs. Id like the choice of CP or no CP.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, no CP is better for BGs and there's not enough players for two separate queues.

say what? 90% of the time my queues are 30 seconds or less. So assume they double. I might have to wait up to an entire minute.

U have a low mmr, I get 20 minute solo ques
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

U have a low mmr, I get 20 minute solo ques

Unless you are queuing at 3 am, your queue is bugging out. I use a 5 minute rule for Dungeons and a 3 minute rule for BGs. If i wait longer than 5 or 3 minutes i leave queue and rejoin it. Works great.

I found that it does bug out if you get several declines in a row. It says it places you back in the front of queue but you can wait 2 hours and it will never give you a ready check again.And both BGs and dungeons are far busier than what the queue says they are.

Also i play on PC NA as well. So i know how busy and fast the queues are. I dont wait 20 minutes for a BG even at 3 am.

Edit: The group finder in this game is just really poorly made and really buggy. Its barely functional.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on July 24, 2018 5:41PM
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want.
  • Fake Remedy
    Fake Remedy
    ✭✭✭
    No thank you.
    Fake Remedy

yt. Fake_Remedy
    twitch. Fake_Remedy
    discord. fake_remedy#3254
    e. fake_remedy@hotmail.com
  • Tarrocan
    Tarrocan
    ✭✭✭✭
    How long do u think ppl need to quit BG, if they fighting against 1 templar 3 stamden? I think cp BG, could a bit frustrating.
    AD MagDK 'General Degree <-Main
    AD MagDK 'Kiana
    AD MagDK Kiana The Fire Mage
    AD MagDK General Degree
    AD MagDK 'Tarrocan
    AD StamDK Tarrocan
    AD MagNB GrimKiller
    AD MagCro Som Ting Wong
    AD StamCro 'Som Ting Wong
    AD MagPlar Della Grant
    AD StamPlar R I M M A
    AD MagSorc Nautilus
    AD StamSorc R O M M I
    AD StamNB Iba
    AD MagDen Desi Roots
    AD StamDen Diablo
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't. We tried it, and it failed. Nobody liked it

BGs is fun for its fast paced / action packed combat. CP combat is not very fast paced, because, nobody ever dies.

I think CP PVP works just fine in Vivec. But, imo, it does not translate to BGs.
  • xericdx
    xericdx
    ✭✭✭
    Of course, a choice would be better...

As stated by many other, however, there is a big IF. Population and MMR. Thus, better to stick to one category only and avoid spreading the BG population too thin.

So, I prefer only no-CP BG.
    Characters
    Primo Aldouine (MagSorc), AD
    Kro'zuc Primo (StamDK), AD
    Primo Leyla, MagDK, DC
    Primo Salazar (MagPlar), AD
    Leyla Softpawn (StamBade), AD
    Shaz Primo (MagBlade), AD
    Marcus Primo (MagDen), EP
    Elonthor Primo (StamDen), AD
    The Red, MagNecro, AD

You like housing?! We have the place for you: Tamriel Homes Guild! Contact me for info (in-game ID @xericdx) or visit our website https://tamrielhomes.com/
    PC EU
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can still have CP enabled BGs that dont last forever..... Just add a time limit.
  • Finviuswe
    Finviuswe
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can still have CP enabled BGs that dont last forever..... Just add a time limit.

When we had the cp enabled BGs, there was a time limit. Many games ended due to the timer running out, 'cause players take very little damage in CP and can usually heal through whatever damaged they have sustained. Heals are also waayy overtuned in CP, that is another issue with it. The healing is just too silly.

If most games ending due to a timeout, I think that is a signal that there is a problem. The goal is to reach 500 points, and if that is never happening, then that is a sign that a change needs to take place.

Fortunately, ZOS very much did the right thing and got rid of CP BGs, and it seems like the majority of players are happy with this change.

If the population could sustain it, I would be all for the option of both CP and non CP BGs. But, not many people play BGs. So there are not enough players for both options.

Reverting back to CP BGs would probably p*** off >95% of the current BG deathmatch population, so it is just an absolutely, terrible, abhorrent idea. And that is not meant to be offensive, but it does not make any sense to do.

A 4v4v4 game mode where nobody is taking any damage and everyone is just healing through any damage they may have taken is just a painful, unfun experience.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt mind, maybe for a few weeks no cp queu would be bad, but then people would stay away from the CP BG at least some casual players first, then the experienced ones too overtime because of perma dodgers, perma cloakers, perma bol bots, perma blockers and such its good and all in cyro but in BGs
    And I die happily to a proc rather then spending 5 years killing a tank (real tank) :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf non-cp and I'd consider it
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    yes I want to have the choice, bellow 50 (while leveling new toons) Cp and NO CP...like the rest of PVP actually, why BG cannot have the same as Cyro?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be a bad move. Every choice Zos allows us to make pushes queue timed longer. That’s a mathematical fact
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volckodav wrote: »
    yes I want to have the choice, bellow 50 (while leveling new toons) Cp and NO CP...like the rest of PVP actually, why BG cannot have the same as Cyro?

Because when we had CP battlegrounds, it was a mess of tanky builds that took forever to kill and were really unbalanced in a 4v4v4 fight but that were fine in Cyrodiil.

No CP battlegrounds are faster paced and easier for ZOS to balance with No CP Cyrodiil.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want one ... But I agree their should be one ... Games should have options ... But they should also have some exclusivity

Example ... Give the pvers a PvP free cyrodil ... But no emp achievement and no ap gains

Give them a PvP free IC with no telvar

Give PvP a CP enabled BGs with seperate leaderboards but no achievements

Or give us a 16 v 16 v 16 CP enabled arena called skirmish ...

Put it in a defensive setting and have the arena designed so it's a breach

Basically one team of 16 on the inside defending two teams trying to push in like a keep take in cyrodil only more doors which degrade over time ...

No respawn ... So you take a chance of going out n defending or waiting until the full breach is complete n fighting it out on a single flag

Defending Players can rebuild doors that degrade attacking can can use only a ram to attack a door

Resources are limited too so no just rebuilding doors to hide.

Repairs will only slow not stop the inevitable breach ...

Think socom with out guns
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP bgs would be a good thing. Players who like non-cp can just continue to play it. There are plenty of players who like bgs but wont play cause they prefer cp. just let both groups have their preference.