The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Crown Store Suggestion: Level 50 Token, Guild Line Token

• Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    Hello,

So i wanted to grind a new character and it was really hard for me to get the motivation for my 14th character. I only do pvp so i dont enjoy the leveling, grinding, mages Guild, psijik and undaunted grind. It really boring and takes a lot of time and i need to do things that i already did 13 times.

So i would like to have a token in crown store to get my toon to Level 50 with enough skillpoints, class skilllines maxed out, weapons skilllines maxed out and Maybe with a different token also all of the Guilds. Mages Guild,fighters Guild, undaunted and psijik.

This would save players a lot of time. For me more then 30+ hours for this completly boring undaunted grind.

And it could be locked in the crownstore until you already did the thing you want to buy on at least one character. So for example you need to have a lvl 50 character to buy the level 50 Token. Same with the guilds and so on.

I suggested this to the Support but they said i should come here. I personally know a lot of players who would love to get this. How about you?

Yup, i would pay big bigtime for the option.
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    remember, getting alliance rank 50 for pve archievments is much more boring grinding than all guilds combined.
    what about a token for 10 alliance ranks. you can only buy it if you are already lvl 10, because then its up to 50 just always the same boring thing... sitting on some castles and shoot down a little bit while watching youtube videos on the 2nd screen.
    A token for 10 alliance ranks and one for the emp would just saving my time... and i could skip that minigame (pvp) within the real game..

- and maybe one token for the raids... if i finish it in normal mode, i can buy a token to get it all... because its just training for the rest and saves the time of 12 (!!) people, how amazing is that....
    - and imagine how much time a token for all the quest-content would save.
    -and of course a token for all houses and all furnishing.... because i have that small starterhouse with a candle... the rest is just spending time and grinding... i need that token as well.

over the top, i know... but if you dont like any of these parts of the game, and just pvp (which is maybe 1/5 of the full content?) ... its strange that you still want to play this game. Maybe you could give the rest of the game a chance as well... and with good friends and fun in ts the oldest dungeon can make fun, even if you run it the 50th time, take some new players from your guild with you... the challenge will be higher and he will be thankful :))) Not stupid grinding... this is always boring, everywhere...

oh and back to topic... lol... skipping all this feels like bypassing the game at all. And its not fair to all others... which do this work for each char. Eso is a little bit of the route is the goal. Guess it will be more boring if you just buy 13 full maxed-out-everything-chars with money
    Edited by tim99 on July 3, 2018 4:58PM
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    AntonShan wrote: »
    Hamish999 wrote: »
    You want a new toon, grind it to 50. That's how you learn the class etc. You don't want the grind stick to what you have.
    Have you ever considered situation when you start from scratch on another server? You have no craft bag filled with ingredients, no crafter toon to make good armor, no soul gems, exp scrolls etc. But you have to grind levels 1-50 like everyone else even though you know how to play your class.
    So it would be good to have since we have no option to transfer character.

Yes, because I've done it. I joined a DC only PvP guild (pre-craftbag days) and my characters, barring one, were all EP and AD, including my crafter. I deleted all but the DC stam DK, built a brand new Argonian Healer, and now I have a full contingent of DC toons, including two maxed out crafters and one who is about to gain her first star rank in Cyrodil. It's a pain in the butt, but it's not impossible, and I actually built a better toon the second time around. I don't regret it and I've never looked back.

I still vote "no", because part of what determines the changes in this game is player feedback. If we had a bunch of new players able to insta-level, they'd be running around getting their butts kicked left and right, which would mean more "Waaaaaaahhhh!!! QQQQQQ nerf dis!!!" posts on the forums and more complaints, leading to Zos further crippling certain aspects of the game. No thank you.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote a hard no for several reasons.
    1: I view this as an extension of the Elder Scrolls games, and at no point could you insta-level your characters if you wanted to try a new character race.
    2: Which skill lines and what levels should be maxed, and what are you basing that on? Everything? Certain skill lines that your previous characters have maxed? Skill lines based on class? Pick and choose?
    3: How many skill points should you get? Just the ones for leveling to 50? Some other arbitrary skill points based on quests that will have to be flagged as already completed so you can't get extra? Skyshards? PvP ranking skill points?
    4: What would be a fair cost that represents all of the stuff you want to skip because you now find it boring?

I'm sorry if you now find the RPG portion of this game boring because you've done it a bunch and now just want to get on to your preferred gaming method but with a brand new character that you don't already have that could be respeced to what you want. You can already buy race change tokens from the crown store so already sorta insta level a new character, just same class and no alliance change.
  • Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭
    If ZOS says no people will use other ways to get what they want.
  • nemvar
    nemvar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1: I view this as an extension of the Elder Scrolls games, and at no point could you insta-level your characters if you wanted to try a new character race.

Just open the console. :wink:

On a more serious note. This is a terrible argument for many reasons. First of all it is just your opinion. Other people just want to go into PVP and kill people. If someone wants to roleplay as a glorious warrior why should he need to run around the whole of tamriel and collect a bunch of books first?
    2: Which skill lines and what levels should be maxed, and what are you basing that on? Everything? Certain skill lines that your previous characters have maxed? Skill lines based on class? Pick and choose?
    3: How many skill points should you get? Just the ones for leveling to 50? Some other arbitrary skill points based on quests that will have to be flagged as already completed so you can't get extra? Skyshards? PvP ranking skill points?
    4: What would be a fair cost that represents all of the stuff you want to skip because you now find it boring?

I'm sorry if you now find the RPG portion of this game boring because you've done it a bunch and now just want to get on to your preferred gaming method but with a brand new character that you don't already have that could be respeced to what you want. You can already buy race change tokens from the crown store so already sorta insta level a new character, just same class and no alliance change.

You're own lack on creativity isn't a good reason to prevent people from doing this either. The obvious answer would be that all skilllines are maxed out and you would recieve all skillpoints from level ups. You would still be able to play the main quest for example but would not get xp for soul magic.

The main reason I'm opposed to these tokens is that I think that they shouldn't be in the crown store. You should get them from the guild dailies, ROTW and other sources.

Pledges for undaunted tokens.
    Dolmen for FG tokens.
    Bookhunter dailies (new type of daily) gives MG tokens.
    Shardhunter dailies give skillpoint tokens.
    ROTW give alliance war tokens.
    and
    you should be able to trade any CP above the cap for a token that gives ~100k xp (depends on level) on consumtion.

Bookhunter and Shardhunter dailies send you on a quest to collect all books or skyshards in a zone for a token named: [Book Collection: Auridon] or [Atherial Essence: Coldharbour] which on consumtion unlock all skyshards or books of the zone.

ALL of these tokens are tradeable.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't get it many other mmorpgs have this.. If you don't want to buy them, don't..

Its not Pay to Win its Pay to remove grind. You still will need to collect shards you still will need to collect everything..

People just say no because they are jealous of not having the feature when they leveled up..
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tim99 wrote: »
    over the top, i know... but if you dont like any of these parts of the game, and just pvp (which is maybe 1/5 of the full content?) ... its strange that you still want to play this game. Maybe you could give the rest of the game a chance as well... and with good friends and fun in ts the oldest dungeon can make fun, even if you run it the 50th time, take some new players from your guild with you... the challenge will be higher and he will be thankful :))) Not stupid grinding... this is always boring, everywhere...

Maybe this is kinda boring for me? Running the same dungeon over and over again knowing all the mob spawns and mechanics.

I enjoy pvp in this game, pve can be fun sometimes but my main focus is pvp. I played the rest of the game. PvP is always action and fun. I can´t say this about pve or roleplay sessions. Its my personal opinion.

Still, NO ONE would get hurt if we get this token. NO ONE! You aren´t forced to buy it. Why people still complaining? :D

No one forces you to buy it, no one. Why you care if someone you dont even know gets this token and boost his character to level 50? With Class Skillines maxed out.

Where is the difference to a 6 hours Skyreach grind? It only saves some time. No p2w. Still ppl complaining. I love this community <3

• Hanokihs
    Hanokihs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people who don't want this are just people who did the grind the hard way and get salty at the thought that someone else could come along and have an easier, more efficient time of it. We've heard this sort of complaint before - exp and research scrolls come to mind. In the end, none of this makes as much of an impact as the nay-sayers imagine it will. All it does is let more people skip the boring garbage and move right to whatever they consider fun. How that's possible to perceive as a negative is completely beyond me.

Personally, I'd love to direct-copy one of my characters and all progress when creating an alt; the name, race, appearance and class would be mine to redo, but the achievements, quest progress, skill points, lorebooks, various skill tree ranks, and crafting experience would all be identical to how I left them on the character I choose to copy. That way, I don't have to stand in front of a crowded dolmen (during some random event I already finished years ago) and wait for my toon to roll from level to level.

By playing this way, I'm still not getting in all this alleged practice everyone thinks I'd otherwise miss out on; it's all pain for meager gains. Grinding doesn't teach me anything new about a fresh class or setup, except for how to hate the game (and how much the game hates me for daring to want to try something new).
    "I haven't really played much yet, but lemme tell you all about how the game should include X and be a lot more like Y!" - Half the posters on this forum.
    "I've been here for years, and lemme tell you all about how they should never change or evolve Z, because then the game would be ruined forever." - The other half of posters on this forum.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hanokihs wrote: »
    The people who don't want this are just people who did the grind the hard way and get salty at the thought that someone else could come along and have an easier, more efficient time of it. We've heard this sort of complaint before - exp and research scrolls come to mind. In the end, none of this makes as much of an impact as the nay-sayers imagine it will. All it does is let more people skip the boring garbage and move right to whatever they consider fun. How that's possible to perceive as a negative is completely beyond me.

Incorrect. I also PvP and find the grind boring. I would love to be able to skip over the boring parts and jump right into Cyrodil with a fully leveled toon, but I recognize that getting what I want could potentially damage the game (as I stated above), given how much player feedback impacts so many levels of this game. You may be just fine taking your new 750CP toon right on into Cyrodil, but this opportunity would not extend just to you. It would be available to anyone willing to shell out the cash to Zos, and that means a lot of new players unable to compete in dungeons and PvP because they didn't get their training wheels before jumping on the big boy bike. Those struggling players would run right to Zos with their complaints, and there goes the dumbing down of every challenge that keeps us all here day after day. No thank you. The consequences of making a change like this would be much bigger than the small personal benefit you or i would receive.

As far as copying a character from another platform goes, I'd be absolutely behind that, especially given the slow death of the EU console server and the unplayable nature of PvP on console right now.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    p00tx wrote: »

Incorrect. I also PvP and find the grind boring. I would love to be able to skip over the boring parts and jump right into Cyrodil with a fully leveled toon, but I recognize that getting what I want could potentially damage the game (as I stated above), given how much player feedback impacts so many levels of this game. You may be just fine taking your new 750CP toon right on into Cyrodil, but this opportunity would not extend just to you. It would be available to anyone willing to shell out the cash to Zos, and that means a lot of new players unable to compete in dungeons and PvP because they didn't get their training wheels before jumping on the big boy bike. Those struggling players would run right to Zos with their complaints, and there goes the dumbing down of every challenge that keeps us all here day after day. No thank you. The consequences of making a change like this would be much bigger than the small personal benefit you or i would receive.

As far as copying a character from another platform goes, I'd be absolutely behind that, especially given the slow death of the EU console server and the unplayable nature of PvP on console right now.

But questing,killing trash overland mobs or Getting carried by a Friend throught Skyreach wont teach you the class too.
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

But questing,killing trash overland mobs or Getting carried by a Friend throught Skyreach wont teach you the class too.

But again, we're not talking about just you, because this boon wouldn't be available only to you. We're talking about new players, brand new to the game, with absolutely no idea what's going on, but with the ability to purchase a brand new, fully leveled toon. Plenty of people find this game on their own and with no one to help them cheese their way to the top by rapid leveling. Doing quests and killing overland trash mobs absolutely does help you to get to know your character, and it gives you time to refine things. Can you imagine someone jumping on, day one, with a 750 tank and queueing into VSC just because they can? Do you want to be on that team?
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Crown Store Token = Pay 2 Win - NO JUST NO!

My 500 Champ Points alternative = Play 2 Win

Why?
    Because if their level or the skill line to transfer had to be maxed on another character on the account 1st, it means they earned it fairly and at the cost of 500 CP worth of passives lost across all their lv 50 characters just to boost 1 characters level or single skill to it's maximum, then for 500 CP I'd say let them, they can soon GRIND the 500 CP back, whilst skipping the GRIND to actually level their character or skill in the first place.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But again, we're not talking about just you, because this boon wouldn't be available only to you. We're talking about new players, brand new to the game, with absolutely no idea what's going on, but with the ability to purchase a brand new, fully leveled toon. Plenty of people find this game on their own and with no one to help them cheese their way to the top by rapid leveling. Doing quests and killing overland trash mobs absolutely does help you to get to know your character, and it gives you time to refine things. Can you imagine someone jumping on, day one, with a 750 tank and queueing into VSC just because they can? Do you want to be on that team?

As i mentioned before that this token should only be avaible to players who already have a Level 50 character. We can specify this even more. So you need to have a Class in Level 50 to buy a Level 50 Token for this class.

Same goes for weapon skilllines, Guilds and stuff. The requirement to buy this token is to already have what you want. Giving you the option to skip it on your second character.
    Crown Store Token = Pay 2 Win - NO JUST NO!

My 500 Champ Points alternative = Play 2 Win

Why?
    Because if their level or the skill line to transfer had to be maxed on another character on the account 1st, it means they earned it fairly and at the cost of 500 CP worth of passives lost across all their lv 50 characters just to boost 1 characters level or single skill to it's maximum, then for 500 CP I'd say let them, they can soon GRIND the 500 CP back, whilst skipping the GRIND to actually level their character or skill in the first place.

500 cp are kind of an Bad idea tbh. I also wouldnt care to put these token in some ingame trader where you can buy them with Gold. The idea with crown store was just to give zenimax a reason to think about it cause they would make money out of it.

Sell it for 1m gold or some writs ingame to the players. I wouldnt mind tho.
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we let them do this the next thinf will be buying 100cp levels for 10k crowns. It's a hard no, and it pains me to see anyone ask for this. Why you playing an MMO?
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost every game has a boost token. Sooner or later this game probably will also. Seems inevitable really.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we let them do this the next thinf will be buying 100cp levels for 10k crowns. It's a hard no, and it pains me to see anyone ask for this. Why you playing an MMO?

Idk i seem to enjoy it despite not liking the grind, I’m fine with just 1 character, i don’t have the time or patience to go grind..but hey if you like mmo‘s just for the grind..then grats, not everyone enjoys it or plays mmo‘s for that reason
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So MMO means grind grind grind? I think the main part of an mmo is to play with other players. Not stupidly grind for 20 hours where you not enjoing the game cause you did all the Content already.

No one said anything about buying CP. Only a token to skip content you already did to go to the content you like and have fun.

If players like to level/quest and stuff They can go for it. No one forces them to buy. If a player like for example pvp or pve endcontent and want to try a new class or just play with his Friend from another Alliance he buy this token to skip the loooong grind and actually enjoy the game while he is playing. For me, grinding a new character takes all the fun away for me. So i would happily take this Token and no one would get hurt by this.

I really dont understand all this crying how this token would destroy the game. Still no one gave a valid reason to Not have this kind of token .
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Correct me if I am wrong, but you earn skill levels by using those skills, correct?
    Ok then why not give you a level 50 character ( if you have one already ), and all the skill points and attribute points, that you would earn in those levels ( none from Skyshards ), but all skill levels would be at one until you use them.
    That way you would have a level 50 character and you would still have to learn each skill that you would want to use.
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.