The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sorcs are easy. Okay

• Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »
    The game itself is giving you a pretty straightforward answer on what is easy to play and what not. Go PVP and compare killquests. "Kill NBs" and "Kill sorcs" are both pretty fast accomplished while DK and templar take a lot more time - completely independent of your own class. So, in clever reverse thinking, ppl struggle most to keep their NBs and sorcs alive and ppl have the easiest time with templars und DKs. Ofc "staying alive" is not an 100% definition of "easy to play", but it gives you a good starting ground.

(And yes, I know there is wardens too, but they are still too few to include them in this kind of argument.)

It's not just ESO that tells you there are more nightblades and sorcs then any other class, even a simple youtube search shows that there are much more sorc/nb videos uploaded then any other classes. Which basically means they are overplayed, and they are overplayed because...yeah you guessed it. Easy mode.

There are more nightblades and sorcs because they are better at getting kills than the other classes. The classes that are better at DPS will always be more popular than the support roles.

So no other class should be able to compete with a sorc or nightblade in dmg and mobility? They should be stuck as medicore dmg? I get that some classes trade off burst dmg for sustained dmg and they trade off that for heals/survivabilty.

Sorcs dont

They get high burst, high sustained dmg. On top of having great utlity that directly counters melee range builds and great defense. Their heals are lack luster but healing ward, dark exchange, power surge and passives make up for it.

Im not being biased against sorcs. I play stam and trust me we have it the worse right now. And to close I think there are a bunch if balancing issues right now they should have been addressed on the summerset pts but they ignored the balance threads they opened (zos)
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    Akinos wrote: »
    The game itself is giving you a pretty straightforward answer on what is easy to play and what not. Go PVP and compare killquests. "Kill NBs" and "Kill sorcs" are both pretty fast accomplished while DK and templar take a lot more time - completely independent of your own class. So, in clever reverse thinking, ppl struggle most to keep their NBs and sorcs alive and ppl have the easiest time with templars und DKs. Ofc "staying alive" is not an 100% definition of "easy to play", but it gives you a good starting ground.

(And yes, I know there is wardens too, but they are still too few to include them in this kind of argument.)

It's not just ESO that tells you there are more nightblades and sorcs then any other class, even a simple youtube search shows that there are much more sorc/nb videos uploaded then any other classes. Which basically means they are overplayed, and they are overplayed because...yeah you guessed it. Easy mode.

There are more nightblades and sorcs because they are better at getting kills than the other classes. The classes that are better at DPS will always be more popular than the support roles.

So no other class should be able to compete with a sorc or nightblade in dmg and mobility? They should be stuck as medicore dmg? I get that some classes trade off burst dmg for sustained dmg and they trade off that for heals/survivabilty.

Sorcs dont

They get high burst, high sustained dmg. On top of having great utlity that directly counters melee range builds and great defense. Their heals are lack luster but healing ward, dark exchange, power surge and passives make up for it.

Im not being biased against sorcs. I play stam and trust me we have it the worse right now. And to close I think there are a bunch if balancing issues right now they should have been addressed on the summerset pts but they ignored the balance threads they opened (zos)

And to open, you have no idea what you’re talking about. Sorcs have great sustained damaged?
    Options