Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Sorcs are easy. Okay

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are easy. Okay
    Let's examine other classes.

as for it looks like:

1. acknowledgement of sorc easy(mode)
    2. then try to divert attention from this mag sorc to other classes which also can be easy playable
    3. hope to now everyone will start talking about how other classes are easy and forgot about sorc because you confessed to all which all wanted as just stated its easy class to play

for me this thread dont have more sense behhind trying to hide sorc esasy mode behind other classes looking to similiar easy mode
    Options
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    Sorcs are easy. Okay

as for it looks like:

2. then try to divert attention from this mag sorc to other classes which also can be easy playable
    3. hope to now everyone will start talking about how other classes are easy and forgot about sorc because you confessed to all which all wanted as just stated its easy class to play

for me this thread dont have more sense behhind trying to hide sorc esasy mode behind other classes looking to similiar easy mode

It is a fact though. Sorcs need 5 or 6 skills to kill someone while a stam NB or any other Stam class can do incap surprise attack or DB spin to win. Ez mode while having hots while a sorcerer has to keep shields up indefinitely or they die.
    Options
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played Stamblade, Magdk, stamwarden, magwarden, stamsorc, magblade, and mag sorc in PvP all with varying degrees of success. I'm proficient with my MagDK, Stamblade, Magsorc, and now more recently my Magwarden.

I understand how powerful stamblades can be and I've written several comments throughout my time on the forums helping others either play them or play against them.

Yes you get the proctato and the sniper from stealth but compared to my extensive play on my stamblade and magdk mag sorc was by far the easiest to pick up and do well with. After I got my lich/spinners gear my first run in cyrodiil it took me about 10 minutes to figure out how to time my shields and how useful streak was both offensively and defensively, lining up the burst combo is beyond easy it's pathetic curse/sheild/sheild/rune cage/frag/force pulse/mages wrath. Idk what type of sorc you play that doesn't get a guaranteed kill off of that but not many classes can survive that and if they do you have put so much pressure and can set it up instantly again. The best part, you're at a range of 20 meters with streak and posibbly an ultimate to back you up.

TLDR: Stamblades aren't hard to play because you can stack procs or snipes easily, stamblades that don't fall into that typically have a harder time staying alive. Sorcs are gg easy to play for beginners and have a high skill ceiling for people who main them but are undeniably still easy.

I agree with this. I wasnt trying to bash templars. I was getting tired of people slapping a label on the class saying it is like ez mode to kill people. But not every mag sorc can go out there and 1vx like a champ.
    Options
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give me magicka builds any day..

Stamina melee is just garbage in this game the mechanics are just terrible and then add poor servers and ping times into it and no you can keep your stamwhatevers.. even bows are horrible.

Give me a nice magicka aoe build and its cake..

Options
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplar jab is not as easy to hit as ppl claim. Nb is good I agree.

Though to be honest half of the burst dmg a sorc has comes from curse. How do magplars die to sorcerers when they can purge the curse the moment they see it? I mean it costs the less than having two shields on so cost doesnt seem to be the problem.

Its expensive to cleanse. Sorcs have better built in regen compared to templar so if we stay defensive we'll surely die. The issue I have with sorc is how hard it is to counter your burst. With rune cage it's impossible to miss. Another issue is shields. You get too much free passives from using a shield. Harness regen is too much basicly making the skill free, you get free 100% crit resist. Free 100% penetration resistance. Why do I have to build impen when sorcs can build 100% glass cannon and be just as tanky.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
    Options
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorcs are easy. Okay

as for it looks like:

Show us a video since it’s so easy please.
    Options
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate the sorc class in general, It's just not for me.
    Self-proclaimed Vampire Lord, or in this case, Blood Sion. º,...,º
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are easy. Like... it’s nit really debatrable.
    The only thing easier would be a snipe spamming NB
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since everything is so easy OP, you must of done all of what Vaoh has done, plus at least got empy 5 times on easy mode in Vivec, or are you just one of those bg weekend whiner's~?
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since everything is so easy OP, you must of done all of what Vaoh has done, plus at least got empy 5 times on easy mode in Vivec, or are you just one of those bg weekend whiner's~?

If you think being emp is in any way correlated with skill, you’ve really kind of undermined any other arguments you might’ve had.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Options
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

If you think being emp is in any way correlated with skill, you’ve really kind of undermined any other arguments you might’ve had.

No not really~ he said it was easy mode so he should of been able to complete the whole list and part of it was empy five times on one character with all the other achievements done~
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on June 26, 2018 1:34AM
    Options
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Wait for the incoming nightblade brigade to comment on "how easy it is to play" a Sorc.

You summoned me.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    Options
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Delete rune cage.
    Options
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirMewser wrote: »
    Delete rune cage.

Sounds like it has deleted you a few times. Haha
    Options
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game itself is giving you a pretty straightforward answer on what is easy to play and what not. Go PVP and compare killquests. "Kill NBs" and "Kill sorcs" are both pretty fast accomplished while DK and templar take a lot more time - completely independent of your own class. So, in clever reverse thinking, ppl struggle most to keep their NBs and sorcs alive and ppl have the easiest time with templars und DKs. Ofc "staying alive" is not an 100% definition of "easy to play", but it gives you a good starting ground.

(And yes, I know there is wardens too, but they are still too few to include them in this kind of argument.)
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

No not really~ he said it was easy mode so he should of been able to complete the whole list and part of it was empy five times on one character with all the other achievements done~

Being emp has nothing to do with how good you are at a class or how easy that class is.
    The game itself is giving you a pretty straightforward answer on what is easy to play and what not. Go PVP and compare killquests. "Kill NBs" and "Kill sorcs" are both pretty fast accomplished while DK and templar take a lot more time - completely independent of your own class. So, in clever reverse thinking, ppl struggle most to keep their NBs and sorcs alive and ppl have the easiest time with templars und DKs. Ofc "staying alive" is not an 100% definition of "easy to play", but it gives you a good starting ground.

(And yes, I know there is wardens too, but they are still too few to include them in this kind of argument.)

Sorcs and Nightblades are by far the most popular class at the moment because they're so overpowered.

Your line of thinking is the same as parable the russian czar who saw that the areas of his kingdom with the most sickness were also the areas with the most doctors, so he had all of the doctors executed.

Options
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DK is not a class ok.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
    Options
  • TheLoremaster
    TheLoremaster
    ✭✭✭
    How it feels like to be a magsorc on forums these days
    ko9pLc2.png
    Options
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect the moral of the story is that every player sees the effort that goes into getting their own kills. Also, every player sees the ease with which they get killed. Then, some people just struggle with making the connection that "hey, if I have skill that goes into making my own kills, then probably that other class can say the same about their kills, even though it feels like they killed me really easily." Its simpler to claim that their opponenet has it "easier" while the player has it "harder."

I mean, I'd certainly say that my stam warden and stam sorc have been the easiest for me to pick up PVP fighting on...but that's probably because I'm familiar with those two classes in a way I'm not with my magicka classes. In comparison, my magsorc has it easier the first time I run a round in VMA thanks to the survivability of shields, but I'm better at playing stam sorc so I do better with stam sorc after that first run-through to learn mechanics and priority targets.

You got the moral of the story.

I thought the moral of the story was: "Buff sorcs".

I never said buff sorcs. I am just stating it is not easy to play as others state.

I think they defensively need a buff this meta. It's pretty easy to one shot a 44k ish mag sorc though a full hardened ward unless you run riposte or some of that trash. And when you do get around to running big shields you have oblivion damage to contend with.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorcs are easy. Okay

as for it looks like:

It is a fact though. Sorcs need 5 or 6 skills to kill someone while a stam NB or any other Stam class can do incap surprise attack or DB spin to win. Ez mode while having hots while a sorcerer has to keep shields up indefinitely or they die.

The key thing you keep omitting is that, for the most part with a few exceptions, is that the magicka sorc can do all that *at range* whereas the stamina offerings have to do it in melee.

There is a big difference... Mostly in that targets can move and success is not guaranteed. Add a little bit of "most of the sorcs offerings can't be dodged" to the fact that all of the stamina abilities (for the most part) can be...

Anyways, I get the concept of attempting to define personal actions as great. It's a totally human flaw and the game is full of people that think what they are doing it both unique and awesome and all about "how awesome they are". Objectivity has no place in that world, and it must feel good to think that all the good players picked magicka sorcerer (who would have thought so many cool dudes who are great at games picked the same class as me!!!).

Options
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I have a completly different experience in CP campaign. I can kill all classes except magesorc. I can’t bust through their shields or run them out of resources. Either ends a stalemate or if they are good I get bursted down to quickly between rune cages, curses, endless fury and meteor.

I guess when a class can easily stack 55k-60k magicka... um yeah. Sorcs have high mobility, defense, burst damage, sustain, and utility. O did I mention dark deal? What ever happened to the concept of tradeoffs; Zos? Well I guess there is always shield breaker... because shattering blows does jack ****
    Edited by LegacyDM on June 26, 2018 5:51PM
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
    Options
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not just ESO that tells you there are more nightblades and sorcs then any other class, even a simple youtube search shows that there are much more sorc/nb videos uploaded then any other classes. Which basically means they are overplayed, and they are overplayed because...yeah you guessed it. Easy mode.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

It's not just ESO that tells you there are more nightblades and sorcs then any other class, even a simple youtube search shows that there are much more sorc/nb videos uploaded then any other classes. Which basically means they are overplayed, and they are overplayed because...yeah you guessed it. Easy mode.

Eh, "easy mode" is the easiest insult and tears do follow the path of least resistance just like water.

However, in both the cases you pointed out of sorcs and nightblades... there is another likely more prevalent reason for their popularity. It's that both can escape fights they are unlikely to win, with nightblades in particular the threat of the pain train that's rampaging about at speed can totally be avoided and that counts for more than many are willing to admit.

Most of the time, if you are say... a dragonknight or templar, and you run into a little mini zergball rampaging about... the only winning you are going to do is "first back to the nearest keep" or "first one begging for a rez" and those "contests" won aren't exactly positive results.
    Options
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

There are more nightblades and sorcs because they are better at getting kills than the other classes. The classes that are better at DPS will always be more popular than the support roles.
    Options
  • Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorc is easy mode for the majority of players. It has more of a comfort zone. Shields are better defense/the ability to get your combo off at range with mobility trumps NB combo/advantages. This new rune cage is easy sauce. It's so much easier now that it can't be dodged. You can't fool people I have every single class and just switched to mag sorc and it's super easy sauce. Skoria shackle Amber plasm. Has sustain issues but strength of shields and mobility allow for dark deal spam so it's fine. Pple go boom.
    Options
  • del9
    del9
    ✭✭✭✭
    Definitely easy mode. But IMO it has a higher skill ceiling than most classes.
    PCNA

Options
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the trade-off used to be that sorcs had a predictable and therefore easily countable offensive rotation. That is no longer the case with the buffed Rune Cage. What was strong but avoidable burst is now strong and unavoidable.

And for the people complaining about shields, it really works no different from Vigor. The only difference is that Defile exists, and the devs and class reps have identified Defile strength and uptime as a point of pain. Prior to Defile meta, I found it easier surviving as a stam class and I main mag sorc. Shields weren't mentioned by class reps, so consider that...

Vigor mitigates around the same amount of damage as Hardened on average but stamina classes tend to have minimum 10k more resistances coupled with the ability to actively block and roll dodge, the latter of which scales infinitely greater than shields in an outnumbered fight.

Even if you factor in shield stacking, only one shield is taking damage at a time, and more often than not half or more of the second shield goes untouched. If you break through the first shield, theres a second shield in the same way that Rally covers for vigor. And if you think a good mag sorc double stacks on every rotation in a 1v1, you're wrong.

In a 1v1, sorcs are nowhere near the tankiest class to fight. Those god-like sorcs aren't op, they're skilled. If they make a single mistake with their shields they are either dead or close to. Forgetting to Vigor is not nearly as punishing as forgetting to shield.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylosi wrote: »
    Starcraft was hard, competing in an actual competitive game with an actual competitive playerbase is hard, ESO is easy.

No it really wasn't. About all races had the first 20ish min predetermined.

Where to make the zergs
    Where to make the zealots

Run across the map! Found your base... Zealot invasion!

StarCraft was more muscle memory than this game.

Hell my friend could do that game blind folded
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ESO isn't hard to play, stop acting like you need 500 apm and 100 ms reaction time to play it. Heck, it's not even competitive.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina NB - apply rally and vigor. Forget about rally until it goes off and reapply vigor every 6 seconds and dodge roll and cloak until incap is up and then let loose with incap, assassins will and surprise attack..dead.

Mag sorc apply 2-3 shields every 6 seconds, so basically your fingers are never leaving those buttons because if they do you get one tapped. Then proc your glyph..Curse execute, rune cage, frag, then force pulse force pulse. Even then not guaranteed kill. Add a meteor on that for a combo and it takes 6 or 7 things to kill someone. Apply the same stam NB combo to magblades and they have an easier time in 1v1 yet they shield stack as well and have hots active and strong mobility.

Mag templars. Minor mending and can purify dot builds and eliminates majority of negative affect on oneself, can stack power of light and DB then jab jab jab, it nearly kills all classes..The majority of stam builds have Dawnbreaker where they pop that and then execute and people die yet mag sorcs have to lay 6 or 7 things down to kill someone while having to have those shields on constantly..How is that easy?
    First of all its Poison injection,fear,Incap,Will,Surprise attack.

Stamblade combo isis not guaranteed since its all dodgeable.If facing a sorc dodgerolling means nothing since curse and runecage is undodgeable.

Your gonna kill with the sorc combo before you kill with the NB combo.
    Options