Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Trial ESO Plus or Get Crown Crates Free During our Bonus Event"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
1caa93fd59963c37bc9c0431977bfabe.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Trial ESO Plus or Get Crown Crates Free During our Bonus Event" blog article.

Thinking about ESO Plus membership? Take part in our upcoming Bonus Event to enjoy select ESO Plus benefits free. Already a member? You can earn up to six Psijic Vault Crown Crates simply by logging into the game! Check out our full article to more about the next ESO Plus Bonus Event.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. I tnought we just had one of these. Has it been that long, already?

Can I put in a friendly request to offer something to the ESO Plus people aside from Crown Crates, in some future version of this event?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp, I know what I'm doing for the next couple of days. Farming like mad.

Gotta refill that crafting bag!
    Edited by VaranisArano on July 6, 2018 2:39PM
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Entice all those lost subs due to performance back into the game.

Once they hit Cyrodill, they might remember why they left....
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp, I know what I'm doing for the next couple of days. Farming like mad.

Gotta refill that crafting bag!

This. Time to pull all those surveys out of storage.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Interesting. I tnought we just had one of these. Has it been that long, already?

Can I put in a friendly request to offer something to the ESO Plus people aside from Crown Crates, in some future version of this event?

What would you like to see? :)
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They do these after every major influx of new players--once the new players have had 1-2 months to play the game, it's time to entice them with a sub.

We've had these ESO+ events after Morrowind, after the winter holiday sales, after the try-ESO-for-free week earlier this year, and now another one after Summerset.

So the next time ZOS does major push to get new players in (e.g., another free play week), you can expect to see one of these ESO+ events a month or two afterwards.
    Edited by code65536 on July 6, 2018 3:17PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The Striped Tiger Senche was special for a while; it was a great reward. We have a million mounts and costumes now, but unique mounts or costumes or even full motifs would be far more rewarding than 25 Fortifying Crown meals that you turn into gems that can buy nothing interesting or special either.
    Edited by NBrookus on July 6, 2018 4:39PM
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question @ZOS_JessicaFolsom / @ZOS_GinaBruno : "The ESO Plus Bonus Event begins on Tuesday, July 10 at 10:00AM EDT and will run until Monday, July 16 at 10:00AM" vs "...each day from July 10 until July 15".
    Does the event end July 15 or 16?
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question @ZOS_JessicaFolsom / @ZOS_GinaBruno : "The ESO Plus Bonus Event begins on Tuesday, July 10 at 10:00AM EDT and will run until Monday, July 16 at 10:00AM" vs "...each day from July 10 until July 15".
    Does the event end July 15 or 16?

@JessFolsom
    1m1 minute ago
    Replying to benevolentbowd AussieAudible
    So, it technically ends on July 16 at 10am EDT but we message July 15 since it's not the full day on the 16th. It's confusing, I know. :/
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on July 6, 2018 3:44PM
    Megaservers: PC NA / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (sometimes)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Sharing My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    Charity:#GivingTheNewMeta
    ESO Calendarmancer: http://benevolentbowd.ca/calendar (10+ timezones to choose from)
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/BenevolentBowd
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps
  • WhiteNoiseMaker
    WhiteNoiseMaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

The Striped Tiger Senche was special for a while; it was a great reward. We have a million mounts and costumes now, but unique mounts or costumes or even full motifs would be far more rewarding than 25 Fortifying Crown meals thatn you turn into gems that can buy nothing interesting or special either.

In that vein, how about the long-delayed Moonlight Senche Mount that was supposed to be the matching counterpart to the Moonlight Senche Pet? I've been waiting ages for this mount to come out, and ZOS never has answered why the delay. We know the asset was made and saw it in PTS a long time ago. Since they just pimped out the Moonlight Senche pet again during a recent sale in June, why not release the mount as a reward?
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They must be trying to entice people to get eso plus that has let it run out especially console player's I know a lot of people who stopped paying for eso plus because the shape the games in on ps4 must be trying to get their subs back as well as new players lol
  • Atallanta
    Atallanta
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love these events :) this news made my day^^
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like to see a special tab in the crown store available only to eso+ members that gives us the ability to buy retired crown store costumes, mounts, etc. using crowns or gems.
  • lygerseye
    lygerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The opportunity to purchase past limited time offerings directly from the Crown Store.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One thought was to enhance the existing benefits on a daily basis for the duration. I know that XP, and inspiration boost, and research time reductions are not flashy, so they tend to get panned, but they are useful. Maybe double that during the event.

Another thought was to double crafting resource harvests (plants, ore, mob drops, etc) for the duration. Give people something to put in that bottomless bag.

A new thought would be to tie into the daily rewards and have a claimable reward every day. Have it progress each day so that on the last day there is something like a 100% XP scroll for those who were on each day.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TBH Your Daily login rewards have removed the allure of the crown crates. If nothing else, it illustrates how bad the RNG is as telated to the crates.

Instead, For ESO+ subscribers who log in:

1. Tokens to be used towards a House, like 10k or 20k gold worth for each log in.
    2. Random Furniture to be used in a house.
    3. Jewelry Mats, give us some hope that we can make a set of Purple CP160 more than once every two years.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another thought was to double crafting resource harvests (plants, ore, mob drops, etc) for the duration. Give people something to put in that bottomless bag.

Double harvest scrolls would be awesome. I'd prefer not to include the mob drops though since they fill up inventory super fast and if you are on a harvest run with a scroll ticking the last thing you want to do is stop to decon.

We need a recipe in game for this. Or a crafted set.
  • inthecoconut
    inthecoconut
    ✭✭✭✭

I re-subbed at the beginning of the month, but right now the game is unpredictable and often times unplayable. I'd love to have the "disappearing" walls/floors bug to be fixed because it happens so frequently that right now, even when I can log in, I can't really play.

Even though I feel the current benefits of ESO+ are more than enough for me, I wont complain about getting beefier perks. But honestly-and I'm not saying this to be snide-if the game remains in its current state, I wont be resubbing. It isn't meant as a threat, it is just a matter of fact that I am paying for a game that is almost always unplayable and no amount of added perks and bonuses is going to fix it.
    Edited by inthecoconut on July 6, 2018 4:47PM
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see a special tab in the crown store available only to eso+ members that gives us the ability to buy retired crown store costumes, mounts, etc. using crowns or gems.
    That would be a good idea, too -- bring back /all/ previous crown store items for a short period of time (even retired crates).
    Edited by Preyfar on July 6, 2018 4:59PM
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly? As my sub doesnt stop when im offline, it would be fair, if id get the crates no matter if i log on or not.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a suggestion for something other than Crown Crates - perhaps some Crowns each day?

I like the free crates since I don't buy them but for others maybe getting that (is 400 crowns for 1 crate?) instead would be better.

I think a mount/pet/collectible would be difficult due to having to log in each day during the event. Would you only get the prize if you logged in every day? What would happen if you didn't log in one of the days? Unless it was made so that logging in at any time during the event awarded the prize - but then ZoS wouldn't get their Daily Login incentive too!
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom I pay monthly to play and support this game. I work away from home most weekdays over summer so can't log in to "claim" most of these free crates. Can't you just give ESO+ players the free crates as a thank you without the repeat log-in requirement? I'm already giving you my money, so please don't slap me back down just because I have a work-life balance to attend to and can't spend time in Tamriel every single day :neutral:
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Things I would like to see for ESO+ Subscribers:
    1.) Able to have TWO non-combat pets active at one time.
    2.) More slots in houses. (I can't even display all my trophies).
    3.) Loyalty Rewards
    4.) Early access to DLC's
    5.) Reduction or elimination to the fee charged by "The Smuggler" assistant
    6.) Guild store access from "The Merchant" assistant
    7.) Guild Bank access from "The Banker" assistant

Not specific for ESO+ but additions this game needs:
    8.) Pull down menu to change attunable crafting stations. (ie. Instead of 10 crafting stations, just 1 with a pull down menu with all bought stations for that craft).
    9.) Stop the dismount that happens when interacting with crafting writ boards (you stay mounted with merchants, why dismount for a crafting board?)
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dye Crates. Each card would have a 5x applicator for one Crown Store exclusive dye that could be used on any dye channel on either a costume or an outfit. Maybe have a rare chance to permanently unlock a color.

You could trade in for gems at 2 gems per applicator or 10 gems for the 5x stack. But at 20 applicators per day and 120 total, it would be a decent enough supply to use between promos.

I'd imagine Crown Crate activity is highest 10 days upon release and 10 days prior to retirement, so offering them in the middle of a season doesn't do much to amplify their appeal or convert to additional subscriptions. And some people are going to hate them no matter what. But dyes are a cool, non-essential cosmetic bonus that are still attractive enough to sub a month to receive.
    signing off
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typo, wrong month.

5zisp8eztlae.png
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • Shazanti
    Shazanti
    ✭✭✭
    Was there something else originally intended for ESO+? I ask because the layout of the section headers plus their following text is confusing.
    Announcement title: Short explanatory paragraph of the announcement, plus the dates it will run.
    Earn up to 6 Crown Crates: Explanatory text for ESO+ subscribers who will get these crates.
    Trial ESO Plus free: Explanatory text and descriptors for the benefits active for those eligible for this.
    Giving back to ESO Plus members: Here's where it breaks form, and without explanatory text related to 'giving back', instead asks for feedback from those who might be thinking about getting ESO+. Confusing. Unless this was intended as more a footnote that reaffirms what was listed above about the Crown Crates, but it's still jarringly out of place as is.

Note that I expect to get absolutely nothing out of these crates. I absolutely detest gambling and my luck with gaming freebies has always been abysmal. But that's alright, I'm not upset over that. I was just left honestly a bit flummoxed by this announcement because of how it was structured, it leads one to believe there's more coming to ESO+ subscribers with that final header, but then there's not. It's like something's missing. Thus my asking if there were other plans or if it was just a mixup with the layout of the announcement texts.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope, more people will join ESO+. The fairest and most useful subscription model I have seen in an MMO so far. :)
    I couldn't imagine living without it, when I'm a someone who plays almost everday. I would not exist without this crafting bag :D
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • DeathStalker
    DeathStalker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Montifs
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Glad to see it's AFTER the holiday week where it won't interfere with peoples' family time. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crates are fine with me for the event. Long term though, the ability to store all unplaced furnishings in the craft bag would be a nice touch.
    PS4NA