Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not surprised. Yellow will continue to bite off more then it can chew.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just discovered I can jump and slide, even up stairs. lol
    What next.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just discovered I can jump and slide, even up stairs. lol
    What next.

I kind of remember noticing I wasn't taking any fall damage jumping off the second floor of keeps...

ha, that reminds me of years ago when I first figured out that the best time to snipe someone was when they were on their horse jumping from the wall leaving the keep...

seemed a bit cheap once I gave it some thought, so, never really did it...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 2, 2018 6:55PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec just did a complete rollback as DC was at Arrius FD.
    PS4 rebooted by itself, when I loaded back in all the blue were gone as everybody got sent back to their gates.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o_O It rebooted by itself?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o_O It rebooted by itself?

Yes sir, mid battle.

• Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were not downloading any firmware update right? It usually reboots after that, but the thing rebooting mid battle is super weird.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no doubt - one day i'll be fighting at chalman, look over at my ps4 and:
    giphy.gif
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You were not downloading any firmware update right? It usually reboots after that, but the thing rebooting mid battle is super weird.

I had it happen on PC after Summerset update also, eso actually powered down my PC. lol
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I even want to log on after work tonight? Judging from reports on the main freeze thread, things have gone from bad to worse today.
    PS4NA
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to take a break for a week or so I think. Might come on to farm maybe.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to take a break for a week or so I think. Might come on to farm maybe.

that's where I'm at right now: jewelry crafting and the psijic skill line...

it's tough, I enjoy taking my different characters in to cyrodiil to fight with them, and, try to earn AP...

earning AP though when you keep freezing at the most inopportune time is really frustrating...getting froze during a fun 1v1 is even more frustrating...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 2, 2018 9:13PM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

it's tough, I enjoy taking my different characters in to cyrodiil to fight with them, and, try to earn AP...

earning AP though when you keep freezing at the most inopportune time is really frustrating...getting froze during a fun 1v1 is even more frustrating...

been trying to live in the imp city = 0 freezes, just more toxic people.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Go do Cyro delves. I've gotten a butt ton of jewelry mats.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does the freeze seem to always happen seconds before the ap tick so log back in and get nothing.
    Mud game
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or does the freeze seem to always happen seconds before the ap tick so log back in and get nothing.
    Mud game

it most definitely ain't just you :'(

Edit: on one of about a 1,000 threads talking about this poor game performance - someone mentioned that the issue may not be so much related to texture rendering, but, somehow related to the new scoring lists/system...

ugh, i wanna go play my red healer and help beat back those funky dominion hordes (for a time anyways :# )...

like a fool, i'll give it another go tonight...hopefully tomorrow morning's patch helps...lots of lost revenue not having your content functioning on a major (at least in the US) holiday...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 2, 2018 10:18PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mud game
    With an offensive tick, yes - I believe it's due to Keep geometry. I've had several freezes at the instant a postern wall dropped, or a keep changed ownership. In both cases, the physical appearance of the keep changes and I will sometimes perma-freeze at the moment that happens.
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, just before the keeo flipped - freeze...just wanted to get in a for a little while

I didn't even go in the inner keep...stayed back along the outer wall - judging from how long the inner keep side wall had been down - I froze at the exact moment the keeo flipped...

actually accepted a group invite...froze twice more and just shut it down...

fingers are crossed this morning's patch clear things up...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 3, 2018 7:21AM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there supposed to be a fix today? Got 4 toons to tier for tranny stones over the weekend. Had to re boot the game at least a dozen times to freezing. I think it’s all anyone was doing. It was really bad. Like it’s normally not great, but that was really bad.

Maybe this campaign Daggerfall can make a comeback. Last was given up.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the patch today is just to fix the motifs they wasn't being able to sell lol when it comes to the crown store they will patch it right away when it comes to game performance that patch takes three weeks lmao
    Edited by Jake1576 on July 3, 2018 11:32AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banner up top just says maintenance.
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banner up top just says maintenance.

It did say patch they removed the patch part now it only says maintenance that's strange lol there was even another thread someone made asking also about the patch today cause it said patch
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, just before the keeo flipped - freeze...just wanted to get in a for a little while

I didn't even go in the inner keep...stayed back along the outer wall - judging from how long the inner keep side wall had been down - I froze at the exact moment the keeo flipped...

actually accepted a group invite...froze twice more and just shut it down...

fingers are crossed this morning's patch clear things up...

Looks like they remove the word patch now it only says maintenance lol it's a conspiracy patch to fix the motifs in the crown store but the patch to fix pvp is three weeks away I guess
    Edited by Jake1576 on July 3, 2018 12:02PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow, knock on wood, but - I haven't been freezing too much rcently...

I've definitely adjusted my playstyle to not go rushing in to situations I know may freeze me...

actually made 100k AP in just a couple of hours last night...spent most of my time hanging around and defending chalman...

man @dotme - that was such a great suggestion to make sure to do some wall repair from time to time - totally made a huge difference in ensuring I kept getting those d-ticks...

so, EP up by a couple of thousand with 4 or 5 days in to the campaign...it'll be interesting to see if they're able to hang on...
    Edited by geonsocal on July 5, 2018 5:50PM
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update 19 also shakes up the open-world PvP of the Alliance War with the addition of Keep Recall Stones. These new items give you and your fellow warriors the ability to traverse Cyrodiil like never before. Finally, Update 19 reintroduces keep degradation and condenses both the levels for Keeps and Resources. With these changes, it is as important as ever to capture Resources, giving small group or solo players meaningful ways to contribute to the war.
    Source: https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26439

Sad to say, but I now dread updates. After CWC and Summerset, the biggest question I have with each new one is "What did they break this time?" lol
    PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    Update 19 also shakes up the open-world PvP of the Alliance War with the addition of Keep Recall Stones. These new items give you and your fellow warriors the ability to traverse Cyrodiil like never before. Finally, Update 19 reintroduces keep degradation and condenses both the levels for Keeps and Resources. With these changes, it is as important as ever to capture Resources, giving small group or solo players meaningful ways to contribute to the war.

Sad to say, but I now dread updates. After CWC and Summerset, the biggest question I have with each new one is "What did they break this time?" lol

source.gif

Edit: i need to play some metallica now :)
    Edited by geonsocal on July 5, 2018 5:54PM
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like an attempt to spread people out more.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe it's due to Keep geometry. I've had several freezes at the instant a postern wall dropped, or a keep changed ownership. In both cases, the physical appearance of the keep changes and I will sometimes perma-freeze at the moment that happens.
    ... Below is a list of what’s causing a lot of the crashing and freezing, and will be fixed in the patch:
    [*] A crash that happened in Cyrodiil when Keep pieces were destroyed. This would cause most players close enough to the event to freeze all at once.[/list]
    So I wasn't crazy. This explains why I froze up with walls coming down or change of keep ownership. Bring on the fix...

PS4NA
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so disappointed, one of the major class reps is calling for nerfing the new catapults.
    We finally got something to help defend a choke point so of course they cry about it.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so disappointed, one of the major class reps is calling for nerfing the new catapults.
    We finally got something to help defend a choke point so of course they cry about it.
    Ha - Well I'm sure ZOS will get right on that. We all know how quickly they can react to nerf calls. They toned down Viper's Sting in no time at all :smiley:
    PS4NA