Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Wolfhunter & Update 19 Preview"

• rexagamemnon
    rexagamemnon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the dungeon won’t be so ridiculasly hard that its impossible to beat on vet mode. It would be a shame that it has a great monster mask and then it’s impossible to achieve for the normies like me
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recall stones,faster way to get into a loading screen.
    That battle ground looks like a scene from For Honor lol
  • halfrunt
    halfrunt
    ✭✭
    I agree with one of your forum peeps how about fixing the issues you already have first like forever load times crashes and massive lag fluxuation ….it only happens with THIS game
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    SevenPacer wrote: »
    What's with that crossbow in news page? Is it going to be purely cosmetic or we're getting actual crossbows in game? Or I am just day dreaming ;/
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Reading between the lines of the article my bet is that the Crossbow will just be a new Motif bow style or maybe an Outfit style option.

But that would require whole new animations for Crossbows, right?
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • alcosh
    alcosh
    ✭✭
    Many ppl now prefer to be a vampire, not a werewolf because of limited functionality and low damage of ww. Please add possibility to taunt and make aoe heal for werewolves. Then werewolves packs can do trials as normal groups.
    Unlocked second bar and few new skills also can be good.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What's with that crossbow in news page? Is it going to be purely cosmetic or we're getting actual crossbows in game? Or I am just day dreaming ;/
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Reading between the lines of the article my bet is that the Crossbow will just be a new Motif bow style or maybe an Outfit style option.

Which is why it will probably just be an emote.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Respec 2.0

With Update 19, you are be able to make smaller, more precise changes to your Skills thanks to the updated respec system. With this update, when you reset your Skill Points, you are able to remove Skills individually and are not forced to re-add all of them from scratch, much like how you respec your Champion Points. You can clear all your Skill Points like normal if desired, but this new system will mean that if you only want to make a small change to your character's Abilities, you can!

Made my day! YES!
    Yep. This is pretty much the one thing I wanted. It's so frustrating to build out a character only to realize you picked the wrong morph... and now you have to redo your skills (and their placements) again. This is a good, long overdue change, and I am happy.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New dungeons are always fun, though it's rather disappointing that we're not getting two full zone DLC this year. When ESO Plus benefits decline like this it's usually a good time to introduce another customization/convenience benefit to offset it, hint hint. ;)

The new respec option looks especially intriguing of the announced features coming. No more wasted time resetting All The Things!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Respec 2.0

With Update 19, you are be able to make smaller, more precise changes to your Skills thanks to the updated respec system. With this update, when you reset your Skill Points, you are able to remove Skills individually and are not forced to re-add all of them from scratch, much like how you respec your Champion Points. You can clear all your Skill Points like normal if desired, but this new system will mean that if you only want to make a small change to your character's Abilities, you can!

Made my day! YES!

Of course, that doesn't meant the PRICE of a respec will change any, any more than it does in the case of champion points.
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    keep recall stones.... seems problematic.....

can we have some more info on this soon?
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    also, there are 2 problems with the system to encourage small scale to cap resources. The first is keep lvls arnt worth worrying about. Even with more defensive siege slots at harder guards. The difference in the keep lvls isnt noticeable so the system isnt going to help small scale. The second is large scale doesnt want resources taken prior to capping a keep, it isnt helpful to them. Why? because resources being taken is a huge sign saying enemies at this keep port here before they even get siege on the ground. It hurts your alliance by dragging them down into a fight more that the benefits of having a lower lvl keep.

If you really want to look into having small scale being able to effectively help their alliance might a suggest having enemy home resources worth more. This would help the alliance so much more and would give more reason for small scale to exist. Instead of alert the enemy, it distracts them, makes them focus on their home keeps being at risk. Also resources locking an enemy home keep is much more helpful than having them take a friendly home keeps resources that will already be taken back when a large scale reclaims the keep, which will probably go smoother if the small scale didnt alert the enemy by taking those resources in the first place.
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Or they just use the silver shards animation from fighters guild.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTS WW bite 50k! :wink:
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep an eye out for new AvA and Battlegrounds rewards, too, including the Gladiator costume and all-new Battlegrounds Outfit styles!

Does this mean we'll lose access to the current ones?
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    PTS maintenance... ... Natch Potes?

Not yet ;)

When????? ;)
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Something I wanted to ask @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Would it be possible to get a link to the bigger version of this image from the article?
    fd32640675e34e4cf2dcfa152a8fb77b.jpg
    I have been using the one below from the first announcement as an awesome wallpaper, and it has the bigger version available when you click it.
    68a33893510406ab77c401f08f3bb866.jpg
    Would be really nice to get this one too if possible :) I am really loving these shots of Hircine!!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So pumped!! Bring it
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully the dungeon won’t be so ridiculasly hard that its impossible to beat on vet mode. It would be a shame that it has a great monster mask and then it’s impossible to achieve for the normies like me

Git gud
  • _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WTS WW bite 50k! :wink:

Torugs pact set with an infused weapon and a prismatic enchant... your welcome
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be a greate update:
    1. Recall Stones :
    These new items give you and your fellow warriors the ability to traverse Cyrodiil like never before.
    So will it be like a consumable that you use and then you can travel to any Transius Shrine ? This can potentially be a game changer and a good anti-pvdoor system. It also seems to be good way to go back home when you are deep inside enemy territory. The only problem I can see is when someone will say keep/castle/fort xyz MG US 20/20... and then every single person ports there and end up in a 20 minute loading screen...

2. Respec 2.0:
    With this update, when you reset your Skill Points, you are able to remove Skills individually and are not forced to re-add all of them from scratch, much like how you respec your Champion Points.
    Oh yeas ! ! ! Thank you ZOS ! This is wonderfull news ! Small things like this makes me soo happy ! It is not much yet it brings me more joy than anything else ! With this news - you made my day ZOS ! I am going to spend some skill points on jewelry research passives immediatly ! :):):)

3. Werewolves Updated
    If you have a character that carries the curse of lycanthropy, you can enjoy a series of broad improvements and changes to how the Werewolf Skill Line plays with Update 19.
    Good ! WW is in need of some improvements. Glad to hear that !

All in all I think update 19 will be a grand test of the whole class representative & feedback system. If all goes well - everyone will be happy.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 6, 2018 6:26AM
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Respec 2.0

Made my day! YES!

I agree, a most welcome addition. However, we have been asking for this since beta, so I can only add “It’s about time!”

• Taonnor
    Taonnor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Finally, Update 19 reintroduces keep degradation and condenses both the levels for Keeps and Resources. With these changes, it is as important as ever to capture Resources, giving small group or solo players meaningful ways to contribute to the war.
    I hope this is supposed to mean that it will be more important than it ever has been to capture Resources, not that it will only be as important as ever.

Could be an interesting change! We'll see.

I dont like the change, because it strengthen the "dump" zerg play. There is no stratedical behind in holding ressources for underdog faction if a keep is sieged. As underdog you will punished more. For example if you raid a keep with a small group, you need capture before the ressources. As superior faction you zerg the keep and you can punish the underdog with capturing ressources before. With this changes it is easier to zerg a keep instead of raiding a keep with small stratedical hotspots.

I dont like it. It punishes more as it benefits. Upgrades should not be "downgraded", if archieved.
    Guild

Gildenleiter von Lux Dei (EU/AD). Offizieller Gildenspotlight für ESOTU!
    Guild leader of Lux Dei (EU/AD). Official Guild Spotlight for ESOTU!

Addons & Guides

ESOUI Author Portal: Taonnor
    Addons: Taos AP Session, Taos Group Tools

Myth AoE Cap: DE Mythos AoE Cap // EN Myth AoE Cap

What should i change in ESO: DE [DGR] Was würde ich an ESO verändern - "Der große Rundumschlag" // EN [TWS] What should i change in ESO – „The sweeping statement“

Charakters

Taonnor Annare, Sorcerer
    Thao Annare, Nightblade
  • Ophion
    Ophion
    ✭✭✭
    Taonnor wrote: »
    casparian wrote: »
    Finally, Update 19 reintroduces keep degradation and condenses both the levels for Keeps and Resources. With these changes, it is as important as ever to capture Resources, giving small group or solo players meaningful ways to contribute to the war.
    I hope this is supposed to mean that it will be more important than it ever has been to capture Resources, not that it will only be as important as ever.

Could be an interesting change! We'll see.

I dont like the change, because it strengthen the "dump" zerg play. There is no stratedical behind in holding ressources for underdog faction if a keep is sieged. As underdog you will punished more. For example if you raid a keep with a small group, you need capture before the ressources. As superior faction you zerg the keep and you can punish the underdog with capturing ressources before. With this changes it is easier to zerg a keep instead of raiding a keep with small stratedical hotspots.

I dont like it. It punishes more as it benefits. Upgrades should not be "downgraded", if archieved.

I get the feeling that you are seeing this from a strictly raid/alliance point of view. I personally like the sound of the change since it lets small groups matter in terms of their impact on the current map. If that works it will take the pressure of the highly populated keeps currently under siege and spread the fights across the map more then before. That would hopefully reduce the lag and force zergs to split up. We won't know how it will turn out tho...
    Edited by Ophion on July 6, 2018 8:43AM
    PC/EU
    Ophion | Magicka Dragonknight EP
    Ophıon | Magicka Dragonknight DC
    Ophıøn | Magicka Dragonknight AD
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    :o That bit about the changes to respecs have me more excited than it reasonably should.
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    PTS maintenance... ... Natch Potes?

Not yet ;)

Soon™?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I expect good quality memes during the natch potes :wink:
    Edited by Vanthras79 on July 6, 2018 7:21PM
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to be a greate update:
    1. Recall Stones :
    These new items give you and your fellow warriors the ability to traverse Cyrodiil like never before.
    So will it be like a consumable that you use and then you can travel to any Transius Shrine ? This can potentially be a game changer and a good anti-pvdoor system. It also seems to be good way to go back home when you are deep inside enemy territory.

Maybe they will be a way for a group leader to recall all group members to a keep when everyone is scattered around the map and possibly cut off.
    If this is indeed the case it would help solve some major issues in Cyrodiil such as
    1. Maintaining a cohesive group
    2. Overcoming language issues when requesting group members to follow crown
    3. Speeding up travel times between keeps
    4. Allowing for rapid keep defence when resources have been taken

But it would also make for some interesting and possibly unwelcome 'scroll patrol' group manoeuvres, so hey.. hmmm
  • Malacthulhu
    Malacthulhu
    ✭✭✭✭
    More excited for the mininal QoL update then the new loading screens and more ignoring of broken chat system here on console. What does that tell you about the new content.
    Xbox One Na
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'd be willing to bet it's just an artistic rendering of the Silver Bolts skill. I'd gladly be wrong though.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    anadandy wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I'd be willing to bet it's just an artistic rendering of the Silver Bolts skill. I'd gladly be wrong though.

Agreed, it could be that. But what I'm sure it won't be is a crossbow weapon skill line :(
    PC EU