The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Master Jewelcrafting Writs Are Not Worth Doing

• commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes the prices wont lower much, Id bet they will be x5 in the end (cause vet trials and decon)
    Rawr
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    commdt wrote: »
    Yes the prices wont lower much, Id bet they will be x5 in the end (cause vet trials and decon)

not a lot of people can run vet trials and deconstructing jewelry doesn't give you full gold mat, it gives you a grain. so you need to run a vet trial successfully TEN times... before you get a single chromium plating.

but per person, you say. it still takes 10 successful runs of vet trials to get a single chromium plating per person.

dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

not a lot of people can run vet trials and deconstructing jewelry doesn't give you full gold mat, it gives you a grain. so you need to run a vet trial successfully TEN TWENTY times... before you get a single chromium plating.

but per person, you say. it still takes 10 20 successful runs of vet trials to get a single chromium plating per person.

... you forgot that there is only a 50% chance for a chromium grain to drop when deconstrucing a golden ring. In sum one would need to deconstruct ~160 golden jewellery to get enough mats for upgrading one piece of jewellery to gold -hence run 160 trails (?).
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Honestly, I'm surprised blacksmithing materials haven't raised super high in price because they are less common also now with the jewelry nodes sometimes taking their place, but I bet this is because of people farming a lot of jewelry mats so getting ore

Directly after Summerset launched, ore prices actually went down because of that.

I don't think ore prices will rise considerably. The chance to get a jewelry node is way lower than 50%; most ore nodes still supply blacksmithing materials.

As for the rest, I concur. It's about supply and demand, but supply has been consciously restricted to much less than 1/10 of other gold materials.
  • Seri
    Seri
    ✭✭✭✭
    orubor wrote: »
    I think something people are failing to understand is that jewelry crafting has only been here for roughly a month and that's why the prices are expensive for everything.
    I agree in terms of raw platinum costing, but the argument still doesn't account for writs like...
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    5ywspxwk.jpg
    ... that ^^.
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Linaleah wrote: »

not a lot of people can run vet trials and deconstructing jewelry doesn't give you full gold mat, it gives you a grain. so you need to run a vet trial successfully TEN TWENTY times... before you get a single chromium plating.

but per person, you say. it still takes 10 20 successful runs of vet trials to get a single chromium plating per person.

... you forgot that there is only a 50% chance for a chromium grain to drop when deconstrucing a golden ring. In sum one would need to deconstruct ~160 golden jewellery to get enough mats for upgrading one piece of jewellery to gold -hence run 160 trails (?).
    ... and HM trials drop 2 gold rings, so that drops it back to ten times per plating. Still... 80 HM trials for one gold jewel piece is a lot.
    EP CP160+ Templar, Sorc, NB
    DC CP160+ Templar, Sorc, DK