The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Jewelcrafting Writs Are Not Worth Doing

Aliyavana
Aliyavana
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I am sure zos has the data that no one is doing jewelcrafing writs. No one is going to blow 800k worth of mats for 105 writ vouchers when you can get the same amount of vouchers for another craft at 1/5 the price. If zos wants these writ vouchers to actually be completed, they need to increase the writ gain of all jewelcrafting writs by at minimum triple the amount of writs.
k5qfkewrcb64.png
Look at the difference in the craft to cost between these two vouchers for example, jewelcrafting writs will just collect dust.
26q2w4jdfsyi.png
Edited by Aliyavana on June 30, 2018 8:18AM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, its ridiculous.

JC master writs are not worth doing at all. They're not even worth selling.
    PC-NA Goat
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, you can't even sell them either. The only people who are going to buy them are people who think ZOS will increase their value or normalize the value/rarity of the mats to be more in line with the other skills (which I highly doubt will happen). They're just taking up space in my bank as of now.

The cost disparity is even worse on the low value writs, since most of them require Zircon Platings (about 75-80K) for a lousy 3 writ vouchers.
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how many threads need to be created on the same subject. A simple google search will bring up a few already created, but I will help out here.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/421148/jewelry-crafting-master-writs-are-worthless
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/417863/are-jewelry-master-writs-worth-ithttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416376/whats-with-the-jewelry-master-writs

At least one of those has a shiny poll.

Edit: BTW, that is not all of them.
    Edited by idk on June 30, 2018 8:22AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Not sure how many threads need to be created on the same subject. A simple google search will bring up a few already created, but I will help out here.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/421148/jewelry-crafting-master-writs-are-worthless
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/417863/are-jewelry-master-writs-worth-ithttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416376/whats-with-the-jewelry-master-writs

mine has pictures
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since i just uploaded it ...

[img][/img]5ywspxwk.jpg

nuff said...
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsterchen wrote: »

[img][/img]5ywspxwk.jpg

nuff said...
    lol
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[img][/img]5ywspxwk.jpg

nuff said...

Wow I just can’t with J.C. this is a new level lazy no one looked at this?
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure how many threads need to be created on the same subject.

As many as it takes to get a reply from ZOS.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JCrafting overall isn't worth doing except for unlocking traits for transmutation.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. Its ***. I bet noboby at ZOS does them either.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

[img][/img]5ywspxwk.jpg

nuff said...

is ZOS intentionally making players rage?

These stupid writs does not make sense at all when you need 10 x more upgrade mats for jewelry crafting than Reward should also be 10 x more
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on June 30, 2018 9:00AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

[img][/img]5ywspxwk.jpg

nuff said...

is ZOS intentionally making players rage?

These stupid writs does not make sense at all when you need 10 x more upgrade mats for jewelry crafting than Reward should also be 10 x more

If they do end up updating the jc writs, they better be retroactive
  • Aelendil
    Aelendil
    ✭✭
    10x the amount of tokens and we might considder doing some of them.
    Server: EU
    Guild: Het Vreemdelingen Legioen
    Account Name: @arieblom
    Characters: Aelendil Lv50 Nightblade, Temael Lv50 Templar, Sorcael Lv50 Sorcerer, Wardael Lv50 Warden

• Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aelendil wrote: »
    10x the amount of tokens and we might considder doing some of them.
    Why tamper with existing stuff? JCrafting is the one which needs to be reworked. And by rework I mean streamline it with the existing crafts.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is a bit sloppy, I mean... someone just copy pasted the master Writ system including its values from the other crafts. Normaly I will give the benefit of the doubt to the crew behind what is by far and away my favorite game but this is such a bodge job it’s hilarious :D

Not bothering to sell the writs, I just bin them, old ZOS can be a bit stubborn and I just can’t see them cutting the material requirements back hard enough to make this stuff worth it
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, I'm sure they'll adjust it so it's more reasonable!.........

ZOS: [ends up changing all existing upgrade materials instead, so you now need 10 to create one refined]

Wait no--
  • James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When ZoS increased the pain of grinding for grains before you even get one gold plate they screwed the system.... Just another thing they need to fix after they broke it on purpose
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People need to stop mixing topics. Jewelry crafting writs are broken because they are not in line with other writs and the goal of all master writs is the same - vouchers. The cost per voucher needs to be the same order of magnitude.

The cost of upgrading rings is expensive by design. That is not broken. It is just costly and only meant to be used for your most important jewelry.

The problem with master writs is that either jewelry crafting master writs need outrageously high voucher counts, or they need to require crappy, common jewelry. Requiring a blue ring would not feel like the work of a master crafter.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    anyway we can send Zos our crazy jewelery Master Writs to show our dislike for this crap
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. My bank is starting to fill up because I keep getting these useless writs.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Then why the **** hasnt someone come in any of them with a green text comment.

Clearly this is an important issue for the players.
    We need more threads actually because they are blatantly ignoring this issue.

I know on the grand scheme of things this isnt a large issue but it does go to show that quality control over there is lax AF. They either were lazy and used the same old algorithm for the writs or were blatantly negligent and didnt let the guy/gal designing the writs in on the whole 10x mat cost to upgrade.

Master writs are supposed to be a reward. A rare drop. Instead they are useless, insulting, a giant slap in the face. And utter silnece about it when we have all of these threads. My mind is just blown.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 30, 2018 2:01PM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to delete mine but I'm afraid that they will be worth something some day so I'm wasting precious storage space on then. It sucks being a hoarder. Lol
  • Rumba1
    Rumba1
    ✭✭✭
    Recall that Psijic Ambrosia master writs used to return 10 vouchers for 8 psijic ambrosias.
    The same for Ozgars Bear Haunch.

Zos just raised the voucher level to 40 vouchers for these two provisioning writs, but if you had an old writ the return was still 10 vouchers. I know, because I had one in stock.

So, my guess is that your old writs will keep the same voucher value when/if zos raises the return on Jewelry master writs.

For now I'm going to destroy my JC master writs, like I do the writs that require Hakeijo, since they are not worth the cost of doing and not worth holding since their value (in vouchers) will not increase.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rumba1 wrote: »
    Recall that Psijic Ambrosia master writs used to return 10 vouchers for 8 psijic ambrosias.

Zos just raised the voucher level to 40 vouchers for these two provisioning writs, but if you had an old writ the return was still 10 vouchers. I know, because I had one in stock.

So, my guess is that your old writs will keep the same voucher value when/if zos raises the return on Jewelry master writs.

For now I'm going to destroy my JC master writs, like I do the writs that require Hakeijo, since they are not worth the cost of doing and not worth holding since their value (in vouchers) will not increase.

The fact that we went through all of this with the roe writs and that we now have this issue with jewel writs is pretty astounding when you think about it.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 30, 2018 2:44PM
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

The fact that we went through all of this with the roe writs and that we now have this issue with jewel writs is pretty astounding when you think about it.

I'm not sure when the Roe writs changed, but it's fairly recent. The 10 voucher versions were still dropping during the Anniversary Event.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not sure when the Roe writs changed, but it's fairly recent. The 10 voucher versions were still dropping during the Anniversary Event.

I believe it was stealth fixed with Summerset. Odd that I don't remember it being in the patch notes at all. Is it possible that they outsourced the entire crafting system to another company overseas and they have no communication with them? It would explain a lot of things.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 30, 2018 3:01PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That' irrelevant. There were threads about the roe writ issue months before they fixed it.

They knew about under-valued master writs being an issue well-before the master jewelry crafting writs were introduced. Its unacceptable that they were allowed to go live like this.
  • POps75p
    POps75p
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dumped another purple one today for 8 vouchers, just quit giving them out, give a survey vs them
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Numerikuu wrote: »
    Don't worry, I'm sure they'll adjust it so it's more reasonable!.........

ZOS: [ends up changing all existing upgrade materials instead, so you now need 10 to create one refined]

Wait no--

This is EXACTLY what I said last night in Discord. We're here asking ZOS to fix the JC Master Writs and their approach will be to raise the cost of all the others so that they are "balanced" again.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's always one guy that doesn't understand. Having one post 100 pages long does not get as much attention as 100 posts one page long.