The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Master Jewelcrafting Writs Are Not Worth Doing

• Norn
    Norn
    ✭✭✭
    unfortunately it's gonna stay like this for quite a while
    aside from couple of item prices there is nothing to fix
    real problem is that writ voucher system and adding a new materials that's rare doesn't really go hand to hand
    and you can't really expect zos to adjust number of writs you're gonna get based on MM data
    so feels bad man, just gonna have to wait a year or 2 :)

• AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Not sure how many threads need to be created on the same subject. A simple google search will bring up a few already created, but I will help out here.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/421148/jewelry-crafting-master-writs-are-worthless
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/417863/are-jewelry-master-writs-worth-ithttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416376/whats-with-the-jewelry-master-writs

At least one of those has a shiny poll.

Edit: BTW, that is not all of them.

And yet, none of them have a response from ZOS. Hmm...

SourImmaculateCob-size_restricted.gif
    PC-NA Goat
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Norn wrote: »
    real problem is that writ voucher system and adding a new materials that's rare doesn't really go hand to hand
    and you can't really expect zos to adjust number of writs you're gonna get based on MM data

No amount of player market fluctuation will make a swift master writ for 8 vouchers a viable thing when the trait stone costs 20. You can make an argument for many other aspects of the system working as intended even if they aren't popular for players, but this particular aspect is as broken as my great great grandmother's hip.
    Edited by redspecter23 on June 30, 2018 6:37PM
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    I toss them out.
  • Troneon
    Troneon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You guys are totally over reacting I mean I am sure ZOS bothered to QA test this and thought about it....
    Elsterchen wrote: »
    Since i just uploaded it ...

[img][/img]5ywspxwk.jpg

nuff said...

Oh wait nvm :D
    PC EU AD
    Master Crafter - Anything you need!!
    High Elf Magicka Templar Healer/DPS/Tank
    Trials / Dungeons / PVP / Everything
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Rumba1 wrote: »
    Recall that Psijic Ambrosia master writs used to return 10 vouchers for 8 psijic ambrosias.
    The same for Ozgars Bear Haunch.

Zos just raised the voucher level to 40 vouchers for these two provisioning writs, but if you had an old writ the return was still 10 vouchers. I know, because I had one in stock.

So, my guess is that your old writs will keep the same voucher value when/if zos raises the return on Jewelry master writs.

For now I'm going to destroy my JC master writs, like I do the writs that require Hakeijo, since they are not worth the cost of doing and not worth holding since their value (in vouchers) will not increase.

The fact that we went through all of this with the roe writs and that we now have this issue with jewel writs is pretty astounding when you think about it.

I'm not sure when the Roe writs changed, but it's fairly recent. The 10 voucher versions were still dropping during the Anniversary Event.

That' irrelevant. There were threads about the roe writ issue months before they fixed it.

They knew about under-valued master writs being an issue well-before the master jewelry crafting writs were introduced. Its unacceptable that they were allowed to go live like this.

"Unacceptable"? It really isn't a big deal. Just don't do that writ. Problem solved. This blocks nothing.

So melodramatic.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Um it takes 20 vouchers to get ten vouchers on some master writs. Who cares about price thats a no win of epic proportions.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Not sure how many threads need to be created on the same subject. A simple google search will bring up a few already created, but I will help out here.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/421148/jewelry-crafting-master-writs-are-worthless
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/417863/are-jewelry-master-writs-worth-ithttps://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/416376/whats-with-the-jewelry-master-writs

mine has pictures

And you are not the first with picture either so really just copying what others have done and offering nothing unique to the discussion.
    Ackwalan wrote: »

There's always one guy that doesn't understand. Having one post 100 pages long does not get as much attention as 100 posts one page long.

And unlike this guy I understand that after reading the first dozen threads on the subject the 13ths will be skipped over unless it starts off with something unique to grab their attention.
    Edited by idk on July 1, 2018 5:08AM
  • Crimsonwolf666
    Crimsonwolf666
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I delete any JC writs I have. They are just too laughable of an expense to make vs the "reward" you get.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Recall that Psijic Ambrosia master writs used to return 10 vouchers for 8 psijic ambrosias.

Zos just raised the voucher level to 40 vouchers for these two provisioning writs, but if you had an old writ the return was still 10 vouchers. I know, because I had one in stock.

So, my guess is that your old writs will keep the same voucher value when/if zos raises the return on Jewelry master writs.

For now I'm going to destroy my JC master writs, like I do the writs that require Hakeijo, since they are not worth the cost of doing and not worth holding since their value (in vouchers) will not increase.

The fact that we went through all of this with the roe writs and that we now have this issue with jewel writs is pretty astounding when you think about it.

I'm not sure when the Roe writs changed, but it's fairly recent. The 10 voucher versions were still dropping during the Anniversary Event.

That' irrelevant. There were threads about the roe writ issue months before they fixed it.

They knew about under-valued master writs being an issue well-before the master jewelry crafting writs were introduced. Its unacceptable that they were allowed to go live like this.

"Unacceptable"? It really isn't a big deal. Just don't do that writ. Problem solved. This blocks nothing.

So melodramatic.

Master writs are supposed to be a rare reward for master crafters. You have to play RNG to get it. So i finally get a good rng roll for a 125 master writ and its not financially responsible to complete it? Nah that is unacceptable. Idk if you realize this but we paid real world dollars for access to jewelry crafting and our biggest reward is absolutely useless except for my character's to wipe their ass with.

What is even more unacceptable is that they havent side a single thing about this oversight. That is what really has me heated about this.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on July 1, 2018 6:10AM
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's been made awfully ridiculous so that players will come back and continue playing when it gets corrected.

just some money driven company
    -PC EU- / battlegrounds on my youtube
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or make jewelry crafting writs require you to upgrade to green and blue quality instead of purple and gold
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Im pretty sure they are testing an exteme so they know where to place the value.

Like how a store knows youll pay 50 cents for a soda so to figure the optimal place to put the price they start charging 1.5 dollars. They look at the data and come up with an optimal number that makes us happy and doesnt result in everybody running gold jewelry.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Im pretty sure they are testing an exteme so they know where to place the value.

Like how a store knows youll pay 50 cents for a soda so to figure the optimal place to put the price they start charging 1.5 dollars. They look at the data and come up with an optimal number that makes us happy and doesnt result in everybody running gold jewelry.

What in the blue hell does that have to do with master writs not being worth it to complete? They could keep the same ridiculous cost to upgrade and add a 0 on to the master writs to make people consider doing them.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on July 1, 2018 1:17PM
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the difference in the craft to cost between these two vouchers for example, jewelcrafting writs will just collect dust.
    26q2w4jdfsyi.png
    We have a different definition of "worth" as this writ would be immediately destroyed. 250 writs, minimum, for anything Legendary. This is an Epic level writ.

I get some people probably have tons of tannins to do these insignificant writs, but most of us don't.

Breaking down 1000 materials doesn't even net us enough damn tannins to upgrade a single piece of armor or weapon.

No way in hell am I wasting them on a 115 writ.

In fact, the whole damn "master" definition of crafting is a complete joke.

Edited by Violynne on July 1, 2018 2:44PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    Look at the difference in the craft to cost between these two vouchers for example, jewelcrafting writs will just collect dust.
    26q2w4jdfsyi.png
    We have a different definition of "worth" as this writ would be immediately destroyed. 250 writs, minimum, for anything Legendary. This is an Epic level writ.

I get some people probably have tons of tannins to do these insignificant writs, but most of us don't.

Breaking down 1000 materials doesn't even net us enough damn tannins to upgrade a single piece of armor or weapon.

No way in hell am I wasting them on a 115 writ.

In fact, the whole damn "master" definition of crafting is a complete joke.

agreed
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Violynne wrote: »

115 vouchers for 8 wax and a fortified nirncrux? Hell yes, I'd do that any day! Even if you have to buy the wax it's still worth doing it (on PC EU at least).
    Edited by TheCyberDruid on July 1, 2018 9:59PM
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Violynne wrote: »

115 vouchers for 8 wax and a fortified nirncrux? Hell yes, I'd do that any day! Even if you have to buy the wax it's still worth doing it (on PC EU at least).

yeah, I have to agree with that. its much MUCH easier to get tannins than it is to get chromium plating. unless I'm very very unlucky I do get enough tannins, etc to upgrade at least one piece of gear. sometimes more. i also get them very frequently from daily writs. meanwhile... I've yet to see a single chromium grain, from a daily writ. and refining gives me grains not platings and fewer of them than other gold upgrade materials

so yea.. that clothier writ is still worth it for me to do. jewelcrafting writs? will always cost at least 10 times as much to make becasue you need 10 time as many upgrade mats. regardless of what master merchant price will be 1 or 2 years down the road.

unless of course either droprates or the whole grain system gets changed. or.. there is a zero added to voucher number.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have 2 JC master writs in my inventory - worth 7 and 8 vouchers. Before I even look at set, style or trait, I see that they are both epic, which means they are not worth doing.

My crafter is max level, all JC skill points allocated, I am deconning everything my friend and I get, refining every raw material my friend and I pick up - yet I still only have enough purple improvement mats for 1 item. I am not going to waste these on a master writ worth 8 vouchers!!!

I have refined enough materials to give me over 1000 pewter ounces and over 1000 platinum ounces - yet I only have enough to improve one item to purple and can not yet make a single gold improvement material (only have 4 of the dust). I need to get another 76 dusts before I can improve 1 item to gold - I might get there some time in 2020.

The fact that Jewelry crafting and the ridiculously tedious Psijic Order quest line both came out in Summerset leads me to dread what we might be in store for in the future.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    so yea.. that clothier writ is still worth it for me to do. jewelcrafting writs? will always cost at least 10 times as much to make becasue you need 10 time as many upgrade mats. regardless of what master merchant price will be 1 or 2 years down the road.

unless of course either droprates or the whole grain system gets changed. or.. there is a zero added to voucher number.

Indeed. Getting 8 wax takes some time and harvesting or buying them takes some money, but compared to the 1/10 chronium grind that's a joke, Doing a legendary blacksmithing/woodworking/clothing master writ is always worth it if you get the writ from a daily, but the jewelry ones are just out of this world pointless.
    Edited by TheCyberDruid on July 1, 2018 10:15PM
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    23 writ reward for an Epic JC MW... uhhhhhhh, nope. I won't even be able to sell that smegger.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭

ZOS ignored previous topics, thus they need another one, then another and another, until some sence is kicked in them.
    Rawr
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk if you realize this but we paid real world dollars for access to jewelry crafting and our biggest reward is absolutely useless except for my character's to wipe their ass with.

you got issues if this is your 'biggest reward'. in game gold cost is also set by players. why not blame their greed for high prices? is that not melodramatic enough or something?
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    incompetence thy name is Zos RNG and calculations department
  • skywarnmc27
    skywarnmc27
    ✭✭✭
    Try 1.2 million gold for 8 vouchers...Junk the damn MW.
  • ArvenAldmeri
    ArvenAldmeri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the current state of jewelry crafting I wont ever craft any jewelry master writ. Ever. And making reward tripple wont help. That would still mean only 300 voucher for 800k mats. Until its 800 voucher to 800k mats there is no reason to do anything. And still thats a pretty bad deal as you get probably 0 profit of that unless you want to use it for yourself in which its of course 0 profit.
    Magicka sorcerer from start until the end. Always. Through the good times and the bad, even now when its probably saddest PvE dps it has ever been.
    Even as an owner of one radiant apex mounts I am against radiant apex mounts and anything thats not obtainable by direct purchase.
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just need one jewelry mat exploit in the game to fix this issue. Everyone will have hundreds of mats and the prices will plummet to reasonable levels. The botters need to hurry up and start fixing the jewelry economy, too.
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No amount of player market fluctuation will make a swift master writ for 8 vouchers a viable thing when the trait stone costs 20. You can make an argument for many other aspects of the system working as intended even if they aren't popular for players, but this particular aspect is as broken as my great great grandmother's hip.
    Just the cost for purple zircon plating will make it junk, its a bit above 20K each now and don't think it will fall below 10K anytime soon making it as expensive as golden armor.
    Making an gold one set you back half an million. Note that master writs sells for below 500 gold / voucher so its way cheaper to trow the jewelry writ and buy some other one.

Increasing the vouchers 8x might help.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destroying writs? I think some people may come to regret that. :/
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just need one jewelry mat exploit in the game to fix this issue. Everyone will have hundreds of mats and the prices will plummet to reasonable levels. The botters need to hurry up and start fixing the jewelry economy, too.
    How much gold and purple grains do you get from doing max level jewlery crafting writs?
    the tempers is the main benefit of doing writs in my experience, you have an decent chance of getting some.

Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.