Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Dominates BGs

• joseayalac
    joseayalac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that MagSorcs dominate BGs these days.

Sload's and MagSorcs.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    joseayalac wrote: »
    I think that MagSorcs dominate BGs these days.

Sload's and MagSorcs.

To be fair the thread was made during the downtime for the release of Summerset, so it was an assessment pre-Summerset BGs. Last patch it was mostly stamina domination, unless you ran in an AoE premade in which case magicka was only marginally better.

Magicka AoE groups fair even better than last patch, because you need a lot of group support heals to counter the sloads, higher burst and defiles. So groups with MagWardens, MagPlars and MagBlades are shining because on top of the great AoE damage, they can also put out 300-500k heals each just doing their normal thing. Whereas your typical stam build will only do 100k heals with Vigor and that's if they use it frequently and well. Also Time Stop has pushed the effectiveness of these groups even higher because it's like Caltrops but with an unblockable hard CC at the end. One that has a glitchy CC break to boot.

As far as class performance and solo play goes, currently Sorcs are dominating. Both stam and mag actually, they are the strongest solo class in BGs.

Edited by Maulkin on June 25, 2018 10:30AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »
    Solariken wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Also, speed pots are a must in BGs if you lack mobility.

Speed pots need a nerf IMO... 100% uptime on Major Expedition at zero resource cost is ridiculous.

those pots are not without cost, the cheap ones that everyone is running don't give you back resources. in nCP, missing out on that is HUGE.

I played a stamDK for 3 hours in the BGs last night, giving these speed pots a go, and my experience matches that completely.

Not only do you lose the stam & mag resources you get from the tri-pot, but you lose out on Major Fortitude, Intellect and Endurance. It's pretty major. Overall it has a pretty major impact on your sustain in no-CP. People seem to forget snares and roots are ubiquitous and they cut your ability to move anyway.

If you run Forward Momentum and Speed DoTs then your only heals are Vigor and Battle Roar. You're the easiest kill with all this unavoidable damage and defiles. You'd need a dedicated healbot to keep you alive.

It's certainly not free.

You should still get major endurance if you’re using namiras root, blessed thistle and columbine.

I wouldn’t use speed pots on a stam dk though, they don’t really have a play style that compliments them unless you use dw.

I was using lingering health and speed pots. Butterfly Wing, Blessed Thistle, and Scrib Jelly

Oh haven’t used those yet, was thinking of trying them on a Stam Sorc

There's also major brutality pots that give endurance and speed. Those are cheap as well.

Personally, using two parts of mobilty and tri pots works for me in BG settings where you don't need to run a football field length distance. But then again I'm running non-meta stamplar running 2h+bow.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Also, speed pots are a must in BGs if you lack mobility.

Speed pots need a nerf IMO... 100% uptime on Major Expedition at zero resource cost is ridiculous.

those pots are not without cost, the cheap ones that everyone is running don't give you back resources. in nCP, missing out on that is HUGE.

I played a stamDK for 3 hours in the BGs last night, giving these speed pots a go, and my experience matches that completely.

Not only do you lose the stam & mag resources you get from the tri-pot, but you lose out on Major Fortitude, Intellect and Endurance. It's pretty major. Overall it has a pretty major impact on your sustain in no-CP. People seem to forget snares and roots are ubiquitous and they cut your ability to move anyway.

If you run Forward Momentum and Speed DoTs then your only heals are Vigor and Battle Roar. You're the easiest kill with all this unavoidable damage and defiles. You'd need a dedicated healbot to keep you alive.

It's certainly not free.

You should still get major endurance if you’re using namiras root, blessed thistle and columbine.

I wouldn’t use speed pots on a stam dk though, they don’t really have a play style that compliments them unless you use dw.

I was using lingering health and speed pots. Butterfly Wing, Blessed Thistle, and Scrib Jelly

Oh haven’t used those yet, was thinking of trying them on a Stam Sorc

There's also major brutality pots that give endurance and speed. Those are cheap as well.

Personally, using two parts of mobilty and tri pots works for me in BG settings where you don't need to run a football field length distance. But then again I'm running non-meta stamplar running 2h+bow.

Yeah those are the ones I bought when I didn’t feel like crafting my own but was a waste kinda because I ran major brutality already.

Depends on the class, Stam Sorc excels at speed And I have cowards (underrated set) on my stamplar so I can use tripots.

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering all classes have different skills, its not surprising that certain classes are going to be better at certain things. Stamina builds would obviously be better at running.
    Mag is frustrating because they still need stamina. This is why I think CP is mandatory for mag characters in particular. I dont like the fact that BGs are no CP.
    It would be nice if light armour had a passive "when wearing 5 or more pieces of light armour the stamina cost of sprint, rolldodge, and block is reduced by 50%"
  • Thestephenmcraeub17_ESO
    Tri-stat pots and elusive mist. Then keep a shield, coag, purge, or wings (ideally a combination of a few of those) on your bar, and you'll get hella points in chaos ball, I promise.

(source, am MagDK who performs well in BGs, including chaos ball)
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering all classes have different skills, its not surprising that certain classes are going to be better at certain things. Stamina builds would obviously be better at running.
    Mag is frustrating because they still need stamina. This is why I think CP is mandatory for mag characters in particular. I dont like the fact that BGs are no CP.
    It would be nice if light armour had a passive "when wearing 5 or more pieces of light armour the stamina cost of sprint, rolldodge, and block is reduced by 50%"

2 well fitted gives you 10% dodge roll reduction. replace another impen and you have 15%.

Do you need all impen in nCP? probably not, so getting 10% stam cost reductions isnt terrible as a mag toon. DO they need a little extra help; yes but not 50% cost reductions on all those important defenses when even medium armor doesnt have access to block cost reduction.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

2 well fitted gives you 10% dodge roll reduction. replace another impen and you have 15%.

Do you need all impen in nCP? probably not, so getting 10% stam cost reductions isnt terrible as a mag toon. DO they need a little extra help; yes but not 50% cost reductions on all those important defenses when even medium armor doesnt have access to block cost reduction.

I would give medium armour the passive "when wearing 5 or more medium armour pieces, all magicka costs are reduced by 20%"
    This would give stam characters the ability to cast magicka utility/defensive skills more frequently. Like shimmering shield, cloak, hurricane, psijjic skills ect.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would give medium armour the passive "when wearing 5 or more medium armour pieces, all magicka costs are reduced by 20%"
    This would give stam characters the ability to cast magicka utility/defensive skills more frequently. Like shimmering shield, cloak, hurricane, psijjic skills ect.

You’re serious or is this satire? That would be ridiculous

• LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I havent done any math. Im just guessing at the %. But regardless its still better then just spamming light attacks and letting proc sets do all the work.

Mackica characters dont have enough stamina and stamina characters dont have enough magicka for some builds. It seems to me that Zos could use armour passives to easily help balance the weaknesses of both stamina and magicka. Even if it wasnt the suggestions I just made, but something else entirely. It just seems incredibly easy to use armour passives to balance rather than trying to balance each class separately. Im surprised Zos hasn't thought of it.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I havent done any math. Im just guessing at the %. But regardless its still better then just spamming light attacks and letting proc sets do all the work.

Mackica characters dont have enough stamina and stamina characters dont have enough magicka for some builds. It seems to me that Zos could use armour passives to easily help balance the weaknesses of both stamina and magicka. Even if it wasnt the suggestions I just made, but something else entirely. It just seems incredibly easy to use armour passives to balance rather than trying to balance each class separately. Im surprised Zos hasn't thought of it.

Just imagine a class like stam nb getting a 20 percent magic reduction. Stam classes in general would benefit the most from that unless it reduces all things stam related.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just imagine a class like stam nb getting a 20 percent magic reduction. Stam classes in general would benefit the most from that unless it reduces all things stam related.

Well my stamblade can only cloak 3 times before running out of magicka. And she still needs magicka for shadow image, fear. Magelight, aoes, sloads and detect pots all pull you out of cloak.
    But this is why I would make light armour reduce the stamina cost of sprint, block, rolldodge and breakfree. Giving magicka characters better access to mobility and defensive tactics besides just spamming shields. Its no wonder its tempting just to stack proc sets on a magicka character when you have to use the majority of your magicka on shields. Theres barely any magicka left for attack skills. Magicka sustain sucks ***.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well my stamblade can only cloak 3 times before running out of magicka. And she still needs magicka for shadow image, fear. Magelight, aoes, sloads and detect pots all pull you out of cloak.
    But this is why I would make light armour reduce the stamina cost of sprint, block, rolldodge and breakfree. Giving magicka characters better access to mobility and defensive tactics besides just spamming shields. Its no wonder its tempting just to stack proc sets on a magicka character when you have to use the majority of your magicka on shields. Theres barely any magicka left for attack skills. Magicka sustain sucks ***.

light armor with reduce cost even to block and break free? where these both was even removed from heavy armor lo
    I think you should stop here before you will write more nonsense like this and btw cost reduction to these everyone have in cp
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find at higher mmr magika based groups are a pain to kill