Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In-game player-to-player harrasment

• adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like you need to Git Gud

at reporting and/or ignoring :)
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol ignore it.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont feed a troll

Eso has a large population of players like that, and not only that it'll get worse, streaming you and inviting their buddys for a circle session, or jumping on eso salt page like a big keyboard warrior they are.
    If you play outside the construct of their tiny minds, it triggers them into sending such "lovely messages". Keep reporting them, even though nothing will get done. There are plently of better and nicer fish in this sea
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orjix wrote: »
    Eh just ignore, reporting for something like that is silly

I wouldn't call this silly. This person is taking the fun out of the game for the op. Not cool and harassment is totally worth reporting.

This is not an occurance in every pug and this type of individual is rare. It should not impact your overall game experience.

Hit ignore. Why is this such a huge deal? People get so upset over the most trivial things. Why do you let your a random woman/man on the internet get you that riled up that the game is not fun anymore and you have to go to a website to write about it and have your super important feelings validated?

Ignore other people. Thicken your skin. Come to the realisation your feelings arent actually as important to other people as you feel they should be. Just use the ignore option. This person and what they are saying to you is irrelevant.
    Edited by Haquor on June 30, 2018 10:10PM
  • Madhattr64
    Madhattr64
    ✭✭✭
    1. Report them.
    2. They automatically go on your ignore list.
    3. Play and move on.
  • vacantdoll
    vacantdoll
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, you will come across someone rude once in a while.
    Ignore/Block and don't let some random stranger get to your emotions/feelings.
    Hope you feel better though.

Platform: XB1
    Server: NA
    GT: Usako
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please read before you make your judgement.

So, I was running a dungeon earlier today for a pledge. We we're doing fine. We came up to a boss, and we died a few times. Ok. this person proceeds to call me names. I leave the dungeon, and he continues to whisper me, calling me names, and telling me other stuff. I put him on ignore. 5 mins later, not sure if it was him or not, someone whispers me again, and I would call it harassment.

What did I do? I didn't dodge roll fast enough out of stuff because I'm a healer, and my stamina is low, and I use Magicka pots, (ok I could have switched to stam potion) So I was getting killed. I know the mechanic, but with all the factors added in, (tank not facing away, people clumped up, its hard to tell when to dodge roll, or who the boss is targeting.)

I just want to play the game, and have fun. Not get harassed by people who have nothing better to do then belittle other people for a Game. I know wiping can be frustrating, but there are 3 other people who factor into the situation for the wiping.

For the herrassment part, you do this:
    1. Take a screenshot (or pic with your mobile) of what they are telling you.
    2. Write down their Online ID.
    3. Report that person in-game for herrassment. You need to provide the Online ID and a very short description of what happened. Don't worry here if you don't have space. Just use few selected words like hateful herrassment.
    4. You will get an automatic email with a Reference ID. Keep it safe.
    5. Reply to that email. This will officially open a Customer Care ticket which they must reply to in 4 days. In this email you can tell all the details that you want. Make sure to report platform, as well as the time. Attach all the screenshots that you have taken.
    6. Log into the official forum and send a private message to a moderator. Avoid Gina, she's overwhelmed. Just check the other sections and send a message to one or more of them. Provide them a short description of what happened and tell them the Reference ID of your ticket. Do not open a thread in the forum publishing pictures or telling Online IDs as thats wrong.

You can check the status of your ticket here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/account/overview, in the My Support section.

For the stamina problem:
    • Consider using primastic glyphs. You are a healer, not a pet sorc. You don't need 60K magicka. That extra stamina and health helps a lot.
    • Have tristat potions (Buglass, Columbine, Mountain Flower).
    • Have a shield ready (Harness Magicka)
    • Always have at least an HoT in place, such as Extender Ritual. Even if you are CCd, you are still healing everyone, you included.

Edited by jaschacasadiob16_ESO on July 1, 2018 2:16AM
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people get 'joy' out of this. It takes effort to get ignored. then log onto another account to harass someone. its sick.

Some people are really defective. You know a person like that is a social disaster and really doesn't do well in social relationship. Sad and pathetic.

Go ahead and report and ZOS can decide if that is worthy of a ban.
    Edited by DaveMoeDee on July 1, 2018 2:22AM
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Orjix wrote: »
    Eh just ignore, reporting for something like that is silly

I wouldn't call this silly. This person is taking the fun out of the game for the op. Not cool and harassment is totally worth reporting.

This is not an occurance in every pug and this type of individual is rare. It should not impact your overall game experience.

Hit ignore. Why is this such a huge deal? People get so upset over the most trivial things. Why do you let your a random woman/man on the internet get you that riled up that the game is not fun anymore and you have to go to a website to write about it and have your super important feelings validated?

Ignore other people. Thicken your skin. Come to the realisation your feelings arent actually as important to other people as you feel they should be. Just use the ignore option. This person and what they are saying to you is irrelevant.

Once they hop on a second account, definitely report. The OP didn't immediately chose to escalate. He just ignored the guy. But the guy wouldn't let it go. At that point, report the dude.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaveMoeDee wrote: »
    Once they hop on a second account, definitely report. The OP didn't immediately chose to escalate. He just ignored the guy. But the guy wouldn't let it go. At that point, report the dude.
    That probably explains why this often happens. People do not report it and accepts it as normal.
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who ever it was is so far beneath you that they're not worth scraping off the sole of your boot.

Smile, scoff a sandwich, glug some coffee, and play on ;)
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why do people get 'joy' out of this. It takes effort to get ignored. then log onto another account to harass someone. its sick.

Mentally unstable.. is the correct term. They honestly need to spend some time in jail.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pugging is fun you get some salt wvery now and again.

Just keep queing. You will have more fun than not you will meet more great people than not. You will have ups and downs but just keep mo jng forward. You will learn. Just ha e as much fun as u can and ignore the salt.
  • xmaveri
    xmaveri
    ✭✭✭

So, I was running a dungeon earlier today for a pledge. We we're doing fine. We came up to a boss, and we died a few times. Ok. this person proceeds to call me names. I leave the dungeon, and he continues to whisper me, calling me names, and telling me other stuff. I put him on ignore. 5 mins later, not sure if it was him or not, someone whispers me again, and I would call it harassment.

What did I do? I didn't dodge roll fast enough out of stuff because I'm a healer, and my stamina is low, and I use Magicka pots, (ok I could have switched to stam potion) So I was getting killed. I know the mechanic, but with all the factors added in, (tank not facing away, people clumped up, its hard to tell when to dodge roll, or who the boss is targeting.)

I just want to play the game, and have fun. Not get harassed by people who have nothing better to do then belittle other people for a Game. I know wiping can be frustrating, but there are 3 other people who factor into the situation for the wiping.

I had this happen to me while running CoS. The guy was very disrespectful and not only harassing me in game chat but Xbox pm as well. I screen shot it, reported and blocked him. I posted my experience and a ton of players supported me, offering to play and help me out in any way. Their are a few bad eggs but I've found that there are plenty of great players as well. Sorry this happened man but it happens unfortunately.
  • Runs
    Runs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Report them. If for no other reason then them logging onto a different account to continue harassing you after you put them on ignore.
    Runs| Orc NightbladeChim-el Adabal| Dunmer TemplarM'air the Honest| Khajiit Templar
    Oddity| Altmer SorcerorDrizlo| Orc DragonKnightLady Ra Gada| Redguard Sorceror
    Taste-of-Hist-Sap| Argonian NightbladeWar'den Peace| Khajiit WardenLittle Warden Annie Altmer Warden
    Ports with Blood| Breton TemplarDirty-Old-Man| Dunmer DragonKnightEyes-of-the-Sun| Argonian DragonKnight
    Bleak Mystique| Nord WardenPolychronopolous| Imperial SorcerorBullcrit| Khajiit Nightblade
    PC NA CP 1250+ and still a noob
    At Writs End - A place to complete master writs
  • Imza
    Imza
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO is designed to give pleasure/fun to many different types of people.

If someone else's type of fun is different to yours - do NOT let it interfere with your type of fun.

If they harrass you - report them - it is VERY important to report them as (in general) the more often they are reported the more likely something can/will be done about their actions.

Please don't ignore them and move on.... Please don't let anyone control how you have fun - report them, ignore them and carry on having your type of fun.
    Edited by Imza on July 1, 2018 7:19AM
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jurand80 wrote: »
    My ignore list is longer then my friends list

Mine is too considering I have no friends on my friends list (counting online players).every last one of them have been logged off for 7 months to a year lol

They used to be so active. Now I log on and then log off because I dont have good players to play with anymore lol just hoping to see one of them logged in......
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just report and if on xbox report to xbox as well that is a big t&c break they could get up to a 6 month ban on there dpending on what words where used, pc just make sure u have screen shots and report report report
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    Report & ignore or fight FIRE with FIRE!!! then see who goes out first!!
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People will never be punished for harrassing someone. It's been proven time and time again that even serious death-threats and constant harrassment for years, haven't been handled by ZoS.
    Your only option is to block :)
    Edited by Lieblingsjunge on July 1, 2018 9:58AM
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • FWSWBN
    FWSWBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two things I personally use and its fine.

Ignore: for people they are not worth for talking ever again (language, racism,.....)

mute list: great addon that blocks the char.
    Mute List

Ignore = blocks account and every char on this account (sadly only 100 you can ignore)
    mute list = blocks only char and not account (good.... unlimited players you can mute)

Signatur? brauche ich nicht ^^
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Report and ignore.

The ignore part comes from the start and does not require use of the ignore list.

Players who are annoying like that, they do it to try to make themselves feel like they are a better player when in reality they are just an average joe with a pathetic life.

They generally stop harassing if they do not get a response. If you do respond they know they are getting under your skin and they get their jollies from it.

I am pro player and still harass dump scruboss for the simple reason that they are dump and can't understand a simple mechanic in dungeon or Objective in Battlegrounds .
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3. Report that person in-game for herrassment. You need to provide the Online ID and a very short description of what happened. Don't worry here if you don't have space. Just use few selected words like hateful herrassment.
    5. Reply to that email. This will officially open a Customer Care ticket which they must reply to in 4 days. In this email you can tell all the details that you want. Make sure to report platform, as well as the time. Attach all the screenshots that you have taken.
    6. Log into the official forum and send a private message to a moderator. Avoid Gina, she's overwhelmed. Just check the other sections and send a message to one or more of them. Provide them a short description of what happened and tell them the Reference ID of your ticket. Do not open a thread in the forum publishing pictures or telling Online IDs as thats wrong.

You can check the status of your ticket here: https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/account/overview, in the My Support section.

I don't know if they still send out automated emails when reports are made, but the "Reference ID" should be provided by the in-game report, once it is submitted. The ticket can be found at the URL above, even if they do not send an email.

Also, the last step about logging into the forum... the forum mods are not customer support, so this step isn't really needed. This is an "escalation" step that I would hold off on until there is no response to the ticket for several days.

Edit: By "no response" I mean that the in-game harassment from the reported individual continues
    Edited by Elsonso on July 1, 2018 11:36AM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know if they still send out automated emails when reports are made, but the "Reference ID" should be provided by the in-game report, once it is submitted. The ticket can be found at the URL above, even if they do not send an email.

Also, the last step about logging into the forum... the forum mods are not customer support, so this step isn't really needed. This is an "escalation" step that I would hold off on until there is no response to the ticket for several days.
    It is not escalating. It's providing the information through multiple channels as this important info could get lost. As a matter of fact, when you report something in-game, all you get is an automated email. What you want is human beings watching into the issue.

And well, I am sure ZOS prefer you to contact community managers and customer care rather than having you tweeting screenshots with proper tags such as #hate, #lgbt, #bullying, #bethesda, ...

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not escalating. It's providing the information through multiple channels as this important info could get lost. As a matter of fact, when you report something in-game, all you get is an automated email. What you want is human beings watching into the issue.

And well, I am sure ZOS prefer you to contact community managers and customer care rather than having you tweeting screenshots with proper tags such as #hate, #lgbt, #bullying, #bethesda, ...

Yes, you want a human being on the issue, but sending a private note to Gina/Jess, or suitable minion, does not necessarily improve the response. ZOS can correct me if I have misinterpreted their statements, but the CMs and forum mods are not Customer Support. The ticket is in the system. A human will look at it, even if the forum mods do not get involved. Whether they look at it faster if it is reported here (escalation), is debatable. The replies I see in public when things are escalated have been indeterminate on that.

Edit: Actually, I realized I don't really care enough to argue the point. Go ahead. Send a note to Gina, Jess, or anyone else, every time you open a ticket. If they don't want people to do that, they will let people know.
    Edited by Elsonso on July 1, 2018 12:30PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RexyCat
    RexyCat
    ✭✭✭✭

For the stamina problem:
    • Consider using primastic glyphs. You are a healer, not a pet sorc. You don't need 60K magicka. That extra stamina and health helps a lot.
    • Have tristat potions (Buglass, Columbine, Mountain Flower).
    • Have a shield ready (Harness Magicka)
    • Always have at least an HoT in place, such as Extender Ritual. Even if you are CCd, you are still healing everyone, you included.

Best post so far!
  • ResTandRespeC
    ResTandRespeC
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd just block/report them and move on. Not much you can do about it unfortunately . It's the problem with pug's =/. Was in one today and I stated the mechanics and a guy called me a name, left, and blocked me lol.
    We finished just fine after he left, so he was pretty clearly the problem we were having.
    Edited by ResTandRespeC on July 1, 2018 11:37PM
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont let dieing tons of times affect my attitude, because I have things outside of the game to keep me happy. Other than report and ignore, just know this person has nothing to fill their day outside of this game. If the only interactions you have all day come from a video game, then you are likely to be more temperamental to things going wrong in the game, because it is now your life.