Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In-game player-to-player harrasment

sekekama21554
sekekama21554
✭✭✭
Please read before you make your judgement.

So, I was running a dungeon earlier today for a pledge. We we're doing fine. We came up to a boss, and we died a few times. Ok. this person proceeds to call me names. I leave the dungeon, and he continues to whisper me, calling me names, and telling me other stuff. I put him on ignore. 5 mins later, not sure if it was him or not, someone whispers me again, and I would call it harassment.

What did I do? I didn't dodge roll fast enough out of stuff because I'm a healer, and my stamina is low, and I use Magicka pots, (ok I could have switched to stam potion) So I was getting killed. I know the mechanic, but with all the factors added in, (tank not facing away, people clumped up, its hard to tell when to dodge roll, or who the boss is targeting.)

I just want to play the game, and have fun. Not get harassed by people who have nothing better to do then belittle other people for a Game. I know wiping can be frustrating, but there are 3 other people who factor into the situation for the wiping.

• Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't pug for these reasons
  • Olen_Mikko
    Olen_Mikko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB enthusiastic:
    1. Woodhippie stamblade - DW hard-hitter / PvE
    2. Know-it-all elf Magblade - Healer / PvE & PvP
    3. Hate-them-all elf Magblade - Destrostaff AoE monster / PvE
    4. Cyrodiil-Refugee stamblade - Stamina Tank / PvE

Go dominion or go home

Nightblade-Hipster. I played Nightblade before it was cool - from 1.5 onwards.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Report and/or put yourself on “Offline” (especially for PVP).
  • sekekama21554
    sekekama21554
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people get 'joy' out of this. It takes effort to get ignored. then log onto another account to harass someone. its sick.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh just ignore, reporting for something like that is silly
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harassment via whispers isn’t okay. Report the player, and move on. That being said, if you did indeed die a lot, there might be something wrong with your build or some survival strategies you still need to learn. As a healer, dodge-rolling isn’t the only way to defend yourself. What’s your class? Are you using magicka shields? Are you eating health+magicka food?
    Edited by Aurielle on June 30, 2018 4:49PM
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orjix wrote: »

I wouldn't call this silly. This person is taking the fun out of the game for the op. Not cool and harassment is totally worth reporting.
    Edited by static_recharge on June 30, 2018 4:51PM
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report and hope he doesn't subscribe to plus, about all you can do my friend. It sucks but you're just gonna have to put up with the occasional semi psychotic super loser who defines their life by the game and does stuff like this /:

• Scorpiodisc
    Scorpiodisc
    ✭✭✭
    Report him and ignore him. If somebody else whispers you report and ignore them too. Never blame yourself or think you could prevent the harassment. People that harass others like that are just looking for an excuse to do it. It is THEM, not you.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the internet. Get thicker skin.
  • Norn
    Norn
    ✭✭✭
    just return fire bruh
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont let it get to you.
    The world is full off idiots and unfortunately some play eso too :(.

Ignore and move on.
    Its not your fault neither is it a big deal. Let it go :)

Edit: typos
    Edited by pattyLtd on June 30, 2018 5:18PM
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ya should play Eve Online OP, it is very very welcoming for newer players :p>:)

Naw to be fair though, games always bring the full spectrum of humanity, just put the person on ignore or report and move on, do not let it get to you.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• sekekama21554
    sekekama21554
    ✭✭✭
    I read all the comments. I was using tri stat food. Was using shields from mage and resto. I’m a Templar. Was using the increased physical resistance. And etc etc

No I won’t return fire lol. I mean I could but I don’t stoop to that kind of stuff I’m getting older, I’m 28. Not 16 anymore haha. I used to. Thick skin yea I have. I raid in another game on Mythic, progressing on a boss with over 500 guild raid wipes. I can take Critism, but only when it’s actually thought out criticism.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't whisper, I'd just straight up zone chat it.

Lol joking

I only rage in PvE when we've spent hours trying to do a mechanic and a player just doesn't get outta the red fast enough.

Not just 1,2 or even 3 wipes, but I mean HOURS, then I rage and leave the group
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Report and ignore.

The ignore part comes from the start and does not require use of the ignore list.

Players who are annoying like that, they do it to try to make themselves feel like they are a better player when in reality they are just an average joe with a pathetic life.

They generally stop harassing if they do not get a response. If you do respond they know they are getting under your skin and they get their jollies from it.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore, report, repeat. I had several minor occasions in the ESO, but nothing to complain about really. Just usual idiots, which are extremely numerous all over the world. Believe me, I taught maths.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    report/ignore and group with guild-mates when you can
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to tell ya this but ZOS wont do anything about harassment. I tried to get some help with players attacking me, saying my buddies should die, and threatening others but still they didn't do anything (I even sent photos). ZOS never responded back and they continued to attack me for months. The only thing that got them to leave me alone was one was eventually banned for posting someone's home address in zone chat and the other is in jail currently.
    Edited by imredneckson on June 30, 2018 6:00PM
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    My ignore list is longer then my friends list
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing that got them to leave me alone was one was eventually banned for posting someone's home address in zone chat and the other is in jail currently.

This sums up these sort of people perfectly. Just put them on ignore and move on. Look at it this way: it's them with the problem, not you. It's bothering them so much that they are taking time out of their day to keep on at it, all taking themselves way too seriously.

It's just a game and just their problem. When we get hate whispers, my husband and I have a good giggle at their expense!

Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

How do I do that in ESO? Just curious as I can't find the setting xD
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    The only thing that got them to leave me alone was one was eventually banned for posting someone's home address in zone chat and the other is in jail currently.

This sums up these sort of people perfectly. Just put them on ignore and move on. Look at it this way: it's them with the problem, not you. It's bothering them so much that they are taking time out of their day to keep on at it, all taking themselves way too seriously.

It's just a game and just their problem. When we get hate whispers, my husband and I have a good giggle at their expense!

I do the same for most even have made a few buddies for talking it out with them but the difference is the two I'm referring to were my former GMs. The best way for me to put it, old friends make the worst enemies.
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ignore and learn to dodge. I can understand their frustration when you are healer and don't dodge the attacks from the spider. I did report such players a couple of times in the past but it's not worth your or ZOS's time to deal with this kind of people. Also listen to the advice above and don't join random groups. Join a PVE guild instead. Plenty of casual guilds out there for pledges and dungeon farms.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

How do I do that in ESO? Just curious as I can't find the setting xD

When you press your Guilds key, you can set your status. Online, Do Not Disturb, Offline etc.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK! if FUN is what you want...
    No PUGs unless you can already face roll the content, sorry.
    Call out for a "fun run" to take pictures and/or learn mechanics...
    you will end up in the dungeon with the people you are looking for.
    B)
    & Join a casual guild that's active the same online times as you.
    Good Luck!
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please read before you make your judgement.

So, I was running a dungeon earlier today for a pledge. We we're doing fine. We came up to a boss, and we died a few times. Ok. this person proceeds to call me names. I leave the dungeon, and he continues to whisper me, calling me names, and telling me other stuff. I put him on ignore. 5 mins later, not sure if it was him or not, someone whispers me again, and I would call it harassment.

What did I do? I didn't dodge roll fast enough out of stuff because I'm a healer, and my stamina is low, and I use Magicka pots, (ok I could have switched to stam potion) So I was getting killed. I know the mechanic, but with all the factors added in, (tank not facing away, people clumped up, its hard to tell when to dodge roll, or who the boss is targeting.)

I just want to play the game, and have fun. Not get harassed by people who have nothing better to do then belittle other people for a Game. I know wiping can be frustrating, but there are 3 other people who factor into the situation for the wiping.

Ahhh the ignore button.... why do ppl qq about this when a simple click is all it takes to make life better!
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do any of those special snowflakes know that the healer must be revived asap? And that must be done by one of the DDs. It's a common sense rule in every MMORPG, but no, people must blame the healer for everything to cover their fault. Report him/her for harassment, there is no excuse for being an a-hole to someone else for any reason.
    Edited by GabiAlex on June 30, 2018 8:08PM
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ignore and report. Don't feed these a-holes. They only get satisfaction if you react in some way. It is hard not to react to these sorts of people, tho. Been down that road a few times with people harrassing me.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Eldartar
    Eldartar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orjix wrote: »

Silly? really? hmmm, it's harassment and that is not to be ignored OR go unpunished lest it gives a green light to all the other whacko's in the game!! ignore AND REPORT!