Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Screenshots] Is this Fair? Magsorc Unbiased OP

Own
Own
✭✭✭✭
I haven't played MagSorc in at least 2 years. I put together a more than completely functional 63k max mag build and saw the shield strength. 48.9% crit.
If you drop down to a staff instead of SnB, you get 62k max mag.

I'm not sure if this is over the top. 18k Hardened Wards and 35k shields from stacking Dampen Magicka and Hardened Ward was a lot more than I thought I could get.
When I could line up my burst, it pretty much dropped anything. When I couldn't line it up right, it seemed a little hard to get through healing and shields.

I imagine if I put the time in to learn MagSorc again, I would be stronger than my StamBlade.

I'd like to know if 35k shields is too much, and if adding healing ward would be.. destructive

I have an 80k Max Mag MagBlade build also. Thanks!

Magsorc1.jpgscreen capture
Magsorc2.jpgimage posting
magsorc3.jpg
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your screenshot build in real PvP.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    I can’t imagine you’d be able to sustain in an outnumbered situation. For playing with a large group I’m sure it performs decently.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11k stam. get ccd more than once and you die after your 6 second shield expires
    Edited by Bfish22090 on June 29, 2018 1:55PM
  • TrapLord
    TrapLord
    ✭✭✭
    11k Stam... Good luck lol
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

What is it missing? I had success playing it, which I did before I posted this. EDIT: I'm not sure what you're seeing that makes it not a real build.
    I can’t imagine you’d be able to sustain in an outnumbered situation. For playing with a large group I’m sure it performs decently.

With endless fury, energy overload, dark conversion, and staff HA I don't have issues. I had success streaking away when outnumbered, then turning. or just running away..
    Edited by Own on June 29, 2018 1:59PM
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    TrapLord wrote: »
    11k Stam... Good luck lol
    Bfish22090 wrote: »
    11k stam. get ccd more than once and you die after your 6 second shield expires

Nah, never happened. HA SnB. Skills... Theres a reason for the SnB. Although ranged, I would have to kite to get stam. You're right on that. Also I run Immo Pots when needed.

I could run tri food and go down to 61k~ mag
    Edited by Own on June 29, 2018 2:04PM
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭

Everyone is saying the same thing here. You’re Stam is far to low. I love all damage builds and I’m sure it hits hard. But in any sort of outnumbered situation one cc and you’re stam is hurting. No Stam no cc break or dark conversion. Heavies help mag, but again in an outnumbered situation, those aren’t easy to pull off. Not saying you zerg, but that’s where this build would shine IMO.
    Edited by flacidstone on June 29, 2018 2:04PM
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

Everyone is saying the same thing here. You’re Stam is far to low. I love all damage builds and I’m sure it hits hard. But in any sort of outnumbered situation one cc and you’re stam is hurting. No Stam no cc break or dark conversion. Heavies help mag, but again in an outnumbered situation, those aren’t easy to pull off. Not saying you zerg, but that’s where this build would shine IMO.

any magsorc xv1 is op. 11k stam is fixable with trifood without losing much if you wanted that. Also Dark conversion is for kiting, getting mag back. I'm not casting it while being attacked.
    Edited by Own on June 29, 2018 2:08PM
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    If you can make it work then that’s awesome. I’d love to see some gameplay.
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    Own wrote: »

any magsorc xv1 is op. 11k stam is fixable with trifood without losing much if you wanted that. Also Dark conversion is for kiting, getting mag back. I'm not casting it while being attacked.

good luck getting cc'ed
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can just swing a heavy on your snb bar for stam back - IMO, the mag in general is overkill and with that, running Tri stat is probably a good idea for Cyrodil, in BG's I'd just rock the 9k or whatever it'd be stam.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    You can just swing a heavy on your snb bar for stam back - IMO, the mag in general is overkill and with that, running Tri stat is probably a good idea for Cyrodil, in BG's I'd just rock the 9k or whatever it'd be stam.

That's why I have it! I'm playing Bg's right now to learn it with no cp
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is it missing? I had success playing it, which I did before I posted this. EDIT: I'm not sure what you're seeing that makes it not a real build.

With endless fury, energy overload, dark conversion, and staff HA I don't have issues. I had success streaking away when outnumbered, then turning. or just running away..

If builds like these really worked, every Sorc would be running them. You didn't show the front bar, which is going to be gimped by the pet at the very least.

All your utility/mobility spells like Streak end up on an overload bar, which means giving up the resto ult from the looks of your screenshot. Switching back and forth from Overload sucks and gets you killed.

You've got one pet keeping that Necro procced, and believe me, other players have figured out they can kill it and kill your heals at the same time.

To make a build like this work in most situations, you need a DK tanking and rooting for you and a pocket Templar healing you. May as well stick to PvE! Every old mag sorc ever has tried this build and knows its limitations.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭

If builds like these really worked, every Sorc would be running them. You didn't show the front bar, which is going to be gimped by the pet at the very least.

All your utility/mobility spells like Streak end up on an overload bar, which means giving up the resto ult from the looks of your screenshot. Switching back and forth from Overload sucks and gets you killed.

You've got one pet keeping that Necro procced, and believe me, other players have figured out they can kill it and kill your heals at the same time.

To make a build like this work in most situations, you need a DK tanking and rooting for you and a pocket Templar healing you. May as well stick to PvE! Every old mag sorc ever has tried this build and knows its limitations.

I see your points, and you're right.

I'm feeling pretty good about to overload bar swapping, I think it's going to take a while to be 100% smooth on that. Having that 3rd bar with streak and lightning for kiting seems good.

magsorc4.jpgimg host

Here is front bar. I swap to front bar spinner. I ditched Ancient Grace for 3 Piece spinner, it actually came out to the same magicka.

I'm using restro staff front bar to force dodge rollers to eat imbune. This is mostly for fun and I've always wanted a reason to run Restro offensive bar. Good HA magicka back also.

The Ultimate is just a placeholder. I'm just working on burst rotations and overload swapping for now, probably meteor later on.

I'm trying to make something different, effective, and fun.

I don't run things that IMO is overpowered on any builds. TK, Restro Ult, Sloads, Oblivion Damage, Impregnable, proc sets.
    All of my builds are max stats, low recovery. I'm at 1300 right now on this. I know I'm gimping myself.

Killing my Twilight + Sloads, taking away my heal, is a problem. Once that happens I'm having to streak away and reset at low health.

DK roots is just mean! I'll take that pocket healer though.

Overall I'm trying to make something different, fun and effective. I may end up running tri food, changing out something for a more reliable heal. Without Necro I'm at 59k Mag. Still not bad. If I ran trifood, 57-58k.

It's feeling pretty good right now. I'm really counting on SnB HA though for the stam!
  • Own
    Own
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also I forgot to mention, it's 7 Impen
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Starts with a post trying to make it look op, then quickly starts acknowledging all its weaknesses when pointed out.

Your first post was a bit trolly, my friend.
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Biro123 wrote: »
    Starts with a post trying to make it look op, then quickly starts acknowledging all its weaknesses when pointed out.

Your first post was a bit trolly, my friend.

Just a bait, for all mag sorc haters.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really don’t see the point of this post. Screenshots of stats are just screenshots of stats. It might be op, it might not be. Would have to actually be put to the rest to determine that don’t you think? Why don’t you actually go 1vX on it some and make a video demonstrating how overpowered the build is. Stats alone don’t make something op.

My prediction? You don’t have enough bar space to cover all the bases offensively, and the build won’t be able to sustain in a prolonged engagement. If this was as strong as you think it is, all the solo sorcs would be running a similar set up don’t you think? There’s a reason they don’t and it’s not cus stacking ludicrous amounts of magicka didn’t cross their mind.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't played MagSorc in at least 2 years. I put together a more than completely functional 63k max mag build and saw the shield strength. 48.9% crit.
    If you drop down to a staff instead of SnB, you get 62k max mag.

I'm not sure if this is over the top. 18k Hardened Wards and 35k shields from stacking Dampen Magicka and Hardened Ward was a lot more than I thought I could get.
    When I could line up my burst, it pretty much dropped anything. When I couldn't line it up right, it seemed a little hard to get through healing and shields.

I imagine if I put the time in to learn MagSorc again, I would be stronger than my StamBlade.

I'd like to know if 35k shields is too much, and if adding healing ward would be.. destructive

I have an 80k Max Mag MagBlade build also. Thanks!

Magsorc1.jpgscreen capture
    Magsorc2.jpgimage posting
    magsorc3.jpg

Dude legit only has one character listed in his signature...a stam nightblade. I swear you forumblades are the worst trolls. Anyone competent (sorry Zos) wouldn't and shouldn't take you seriously.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emma wins! Stick to pve hahahahaha. Walking ap.
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What is it missing? You didnt even show anything. It doesnt matter if you have 80k magicka or a 100k. If your stam regen is below 500 with 11k max stamina youre gonna die all the same.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.