Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

why is no one talking about calurions magblade?

Swimguy
Swimguy
✭✭✭
yea magsorcs are stronk but what about the unavoidable burst concealed+callurions is that raages from 14-19k in PvP (dont forget incap/soul harvest+ele det etc)??? on a class that can perma cloak. idk why IC isnt swarmed with this already. seems as though people only complain when stamina has the OP proc set..
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »
    yea magsorcs are stronk but what about the unavoidable burst concealed+callurions is that raages from 14-19k in PvP (dont forget incap/soul harvest+ele det etc)??? on a class that can perma cloak. idk why IC isnt swarmed with this already. seems as though people only complain when stamina has the OP proc set..

14-19k in PvP!???

If that combo is hitting someone that hard, then the problem is that someone needs to pay more attention to their defensive capability...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    caluurion needs to go same as sloads if you cant play mag blade without being carried by procs you need to re roll
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've been asking for something to be done about Caluurion but it doesn't have the same outcry.
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because it's reflected by dk wings and it's mind numbingly slow
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's good, but basically makes attacking a reflect user suicide.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »

yea but on classes that dont reflect its almost guaranteed kill. also magblades use it to gank meaning u probably wont have reflect up anyways....

doesnt matter how slow the projectile is if it hits instantly from melee.... lol
    Edited by Swimguy on June 23, 2018 6:27AM
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not hitting harder than any number of sets or abilities it's just part of a combination used, please stop singling out one part of death recap as op when it's almost always a combination of many
    Oh and yes I have used the set myself months ago and found it pretty average
    Edited by Kram8ion on June 23, 2018 7:18AM
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades are not Sorcs, and it’s „nerf Sorcs“ season at the moment. NBs will get their turn again once Sorcs are ruined.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cool down is what makes it balanced
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because they are focusing on Sload's. Better learn how to roll randomly or hold block when you see an NB around...
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we all make a list of every set that anyone has died to and start crying tears of salt till those sets give nothing but negative stats.

Clever Alchemist - It only buffed WD/SD and it was nerfed (I remember the reason given for the nerf, it was a lazy adjustment)

Crit Removal from stealth and Proc Sets - PvE was hurt most by this nerf and this was celebrated by non impen scrubs

Anyone who likes to continue the list please do so.

ZOS you should really analyze a little bit more before rolling out nerfs and destroying your own work. The wish of a few does not exceed the enjoyment of many.

Cheers.
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Caluurion is more a troll than cancer build IMO. Also on PC EU I don't encounter any dangerous magNB (especially in melee combat) in BGs or Cyrodiil since week's.

Maybe they are afraid of Sloads? Or are they jealous of other classes who are more able to use skills with delayed damage for burst?
    PC EU - DC only
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    caluurion needs to go same as sloads if you cant play mag blade without being carried by procs you need to re roll

^ this
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cool down is what makes it balanced

High burst damage high cooldown leaves fewer instances of counterplay though. Zaans, for instance, at least builds up its damage.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've gotta compare it to other stealth burst combos.

Asylum Snipe deals more damage, Crystal Blast(or Rune Cage)+Overload deals more damage, Dark Flare Javelin deals more damage etc.

Once they add another similar proc set or two to go along with Caluurion, then watch out. But until then...

Edit: with pre-procced (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/419374/assassins-will-exploit/p4) Assassin's Scourge it's broken though lol
    Edited by DDuke on June 23, 2018 11:57AM
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

Asylum Snipe deals more damage, Crystal Blast(or Rune Cage)+Overload deals more damage, Dark Flare Javelin deals more damage etc.

Once they add another similar proc set or two to go along with Caluurion, then watch out. But until then...

Edit: with pre-procced (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/419374/assassins-will-exploit/p4) Assassin's Scourge it's broken though lol

That is most certainly unintended, however there has been no word from ZOS yet on this, probably because it could be a lot of work for them to fix it.

I like proc sets no doubt there, but I despise exploits of any kind.
  • agrr70
    agrr70
    ✭✭✭
    Saw my mate attacking a DK, caluurians procced jus before he flapped his wings, was like slow motion watching it go in then bounce back to him lol
    Edited by agrr70 on June 23, 2018 2:50PM
    Smell my Cheese,
    Bowtard,feed me your tears
    PC EU Vivec
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Because they are focusing on Sload's. Better learn how to roll randomly or hold block when you see an NB around...

14-19k in PvP!???

If that combo is hitting someone that hard, then the problem is that someone needs to pay more attention to their defensive capability...

concealed for 6k from stealth and callurions hits 9k. 2k impen and 18k resistances. this set is OP idk why people complained about the old viper but when callurions comes out its like w/e.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    agrr70 wrote: »
    Saw my mate attacking a DK, caluurians procced jus before he flapped his wings, was like slow motion watching it go in then bounce back to him lol

im not talking about the ranged procs. im talking about the stunned from stealth undodgeable/unblockable procs......
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭

true buy asylum snipe gank takes at least some skill/practice of using it, and so does magplar but callurions literally is just 1 button and you get roughly an extra 10k burst.... if ZOS wants to slowly remove all the skill and just make PvP a proc v proc RNG fest then there doing a good job.

Its honestly getting pretty obvious there is a clear bias towards mag classes not only from players but the devs too..... SMH
    Edited by Swimguy on June 23, 2018 3:43PM
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChefZero wrote: »
    Or are they jealous of other classes who are more able to use skills with delayed damage for burst?

BINGO! I have noticed all the try hards rollin on their "lit" magsorcs now.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

true buy asylum snipe gank takes at least some skill/practice of using it, and so does magplar but callurions literally is just 1 button and you get roughly an extra 10k burst.... if ZOS wants to slowly remove all the skill and just make PvP a proc v proc RNG fest then there doing a good job.

Its honestly getting pretty obvious there is a clear bias towards mag classes not only from players but the devs too..... SMH

Wtf, the only time mag was favored was like 4 years ago during the elder staves online. But since then WAY more towards Stam

More proc sets, faster cooldown, better stats. I.e. Hundling LONG before Juli

Viper, Tremor, Sheer, veli, Selene, hell Skoria was almost exclusively Stam builds for a while vs what Zaan, Cal and skoria??

Shorter cooldowns on all, with equivalent or more damage.

Mag gets 2 proc sets and Stam freaks out.

Not like mag gets an AoE undodgeable execute, resistance ignoring bleeds, gap closer, HoTs, spot heals, spammables, Dodge, snare immunity, non-resistance based mitigation, dot execute, spammable execute etc

The only advantage Mag has is range for PvE
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wtf, the only time mag was favored was like 4 years ago during the elder staves online. But since then WAY more towards Stam

Viper, Tremor, Sheer, veli, Selene, hell Skoria was almost exclusively Stam builds for a while vs what Zaan, Cal and skoria??

Not like mag gets an AoE undodgeable execute, resistance ignoring bleeds, gap closer, HoTs, spot heals, spammables, Dodge, snare immunity, non-resistance based mitigation, dot execute, spammable execute etc

Stam also has good heavy armor sets which Magicka doesn't have. I wish there was a Magicka version of Truth, fury or 7th legion because light armor is pure garbage...

In my opinion the proc sets need to go but I wish Magicka had viable heavy armor damage sets to compensate
    Edited by thankyourat on June 23, 2018 5:58PM
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭

Stam also has good heavy armor sets which Magicka doesn't have. I wish there was a Magicka version of Truth, fury or 7th legion because light armor is pure garbage...

In my opinion the proc sets need to go but I wish Magicka had viable heavy armor damage sets to compensate

Try Onslaught with Mechanical Acuity. It works on my mNB and should also work on Sorc.. pretty funny and people don't realize what happened ;)
    PC EU - DC only
  • ChefZero
    ChefZero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    ChefZero wrote: »
    Or are they jealous of other classes who are more able to use skills with delayed damage for burst?

BINGO! I have noticed all the try hards rollin on their "lit" magsorcs now.

Yeah I would trade impale for fury immediately if I could on my NB :#
    PC EU - DC only
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I fear more the crippling grasp, Zaan, Assassins will combo. 14k Assassins will in light armor.
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because thats not a nerf sorc thread. Duh.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »
    Because thats not a nerf sorc thread. Duh.

To me it is, my sorc is my primary user of Cal
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

14-19k in PvP!???

concealed for 6k from stealth and callurions hits 9k. 2k impen and 18k resistances. this set is OP idk why people complained about the old viper but when callurions comes out its like w/e.

Try running 29k Resists and 2.8k Impend and watch those numbers drop dramatically...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we all make a list of every set that anyone has died to and start crying tears of salt till those sets give nothing but negative stats.

Clever Alchemist - It only buffed WD/SD and it was nerfed (I remember the reason given for the nerf, it was a lazy adjustment)

Crit Removal from stealth and Proc Sets - PvE was hurt most by this nerf and this was celebrated by non impen scrubs

Anyone who likes to continue the list please do so.

ZOS you should really analyze a little bit more before rolling out nerfs and destroying your own work. The wish of a few does not exceed the enjoyment of many.

Cheers.

By any chance where you a clever alch ganker before?