The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

why is no one talking about calurions magblade?

• The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Why don't we all make a list of every set that anyone has died to and start crying tears of salt till those sets give nothing but negative stats.

Clever Alchemist - It only buffed WD/SD and it was nerfed (I remember the reason given for the nerf, it was a lazy adjustment)

Crit Removal from stealth and Proc Sets - PvE was hurt most by this nerf and this was celebrated by non impen scrubs

Anyone who likes to continue the list please do so.

ZOS you should really analyze a little bit more before rolling out nerfs and destroying your own work. The wish of a few does not exceed the enjoyment of many.

Cheers.

By any chance where you a clever alch ganker before?

Yes I was.
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Nightblades are not Sorcs, and it’s „nerf Sorcs“ season at the moment. NBs will get their turn again once Sorcs are ruined.

Is there really anything OP with sorc class attack skills? Other than rune cages stun, arent proc sets doing all their damage now? Shards is still slow. No good class spammable, just destruction staff abilities that any class can use.
    No good debuffs. Poor random healing. Just spam light attacks to proc the proc sets.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblades are not Sorcs, and it’s „nerf Sorcs“ season at the moment. NBs will get their turn again once Sorcs are ruined.

Is there really anything OP with sorc class attack skills? Other than rune cages stun, arent proc sets doing all their damage now? Shards is still slow. No good class spammable, just destruction staff abilities that any class can use.
    No good debuffs. Poor random healing. Just spam light attacks to proc the proc sets.

One word "Overload"

With sets like Elegance, and skills that buff light attack (from mages guild and elemental weapon from psijic skill line) that ulti does insane damage, enough to almost one shot an unsuspecting player.

But people think it's very skillful to one shot someone with a sorc, no hate there...
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One word "Overload"

With sets like Elegance, and skills that buff light attack (from mages guild and elemental weapon from psijic skill line) that ulti does insane damage, enough to almost one shot an unsuspecting player.

But people think it's very skillful to one shot someone with a sorc, no hate there...

But how often can they get into overload? My first character was a mag sorc and I hated it for pve. Poor ult gen, Always out of magicka. Slow, clunky. Always out of stamina. Shields suck, not enough stam to roll dodge or breakfree frequently enough. My stamblade is just so much more fun and mobile, agile.
    Playing sorc has turned me off magicka characters.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swimguy wrote: »
    yea magsorcs are stronk but what about the unavoidable burst concealed+callurions is that raages from 14-19k in PvP (dont forget incap/soul harvest+ele det etc)??? on a class that can perma cloak. idk why IC isnt swarmed with this already. seems as though people only complain when stamina has the OP proc set..

Get good.
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One word "Overload"

But how often can they get into overload? My first character was a mag sorc and I hated it for pve. Poor ult gen, Always out of magicka. Slow, clunky. Always out of stamina. Shields suck, not enough stam to roll dodge or breakfree frequently enough. My stamblade is just so much more fun and mobile, agile.

You will understand this when you find one in your death recap, just like you are good at Stamblade, there are people out there who are good at Magsorcs that punish/kill if you are not careful. Plus the 6% instant death proc of implosion can take it's toll if you fall below 15% health otherwise it's wrath/fury.

And to all other sorcs out there, please this is not a Nerf Sorc post, I like these skills on my sorc, I play it as my secondary character.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One word "Overload"

Ele weapon does not buff overload....zos removed that due to the outcry on pts.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorc can shieldstack the 14-19K in pvp or just use the automatic cc against any attacker. You also can make a bit more sturdy character if you get hit that hard :D
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

One word "Overload"

I agree NBs are more agile but they're also a lot squishier, especially stamblades.

Movement used to be really good on a mag sorc before Streak turned into the most expensive spammable in the game. I personally backbar Lich, run tri-stat food and 3x infused tri-stat glyphs so I dont have any trouble sustaining magicka or stamina. My sorc has something like 16k stamina, break-free and roll dodge cost can be reduced a lot with CP.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it's always sorc nerf season sadly. People will never stop pushing the elder stamina online initiative.
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• glavius
    glavius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kram8ion wrote: »
    Because it's reflected by dk wings and it's mind numbingly slow
    Kadoin wrote: »
    Because they are focusing on Sload's. Better learn how to roll randomly or hold block when you see an NB around...
    yea magsorcs are stronk but what about the unavoidable burst concealed+callurions is that raages from 14-19k in PvP (dont forget incap/soul harvest+ele det etc)??? on a class that can perma cloak. idk why IC isnt swarmed with this already. seems as though people only complain when stamina has the OP proc set..

14-19k in PvP!???

If that combo is hitting someone that hard, then the problem is that someone needs to pay more attention to their defensive capability...

concealed for 6k from stealth and callurions hits 9k. 2k impen and 18k resistances. this set is OP idk why people complained about the old viper but when callurions comes out its like w/e.

First of all the fact that it can be reflected is a pretty big negative point.

Also, if it hits you for 9k, you're either low cp (in which case anything will hit you hard), or you placed your defensive cp wrong.
    max it should hit for is 6450 before any resists (half of tooltip). Now if you're a vamp, it will potentially be quite abit higher if it happens to proc as fire. But that goes for any fire based attack, not just Calduurion's. Dark elf or high elf passives should also boost it slightly. But even if it's a dark elf nb and you're rank 4 vamp, it should max hit for 8514 before resists are calculated.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I hate to tell you guys this but Proc sets are here and here to stay. In my own personal view I'd rather there were no sets. It would make pvp a lot more pure.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Nuitar
    Nuitar
    ✭✭✭
    I see quite a few names on this thread that are people I've blown up with my caluurions mageblade. Let me explain why I think the set is fine.
    • No sustain
    • Damage is abysmal unless its a disease proc or you have 3k+ spell damage
    • Blockable/dodgeable/reflectable. If I know I'm fighting DKs I'm actually swapping the set out.
    • If you die it means that you didn't do anything for 3 seconds (concealed weapon + light atk + incapacitate + caluurions proc) and you'd just as easily die to a plethora of gank combos.
    • If you die it means you have < 20k health (looking at you stamsorcs)

The build I run uses 3x infused jewelry with spell damage and infused pieces of armor with spell dmg to hit ~2900 spell damage before major sorcery. I take a huge hit to sustain and am much squishier just to up my burst by ~2-3k damage.

Is it a fun burst? Yes. When it goes off you actually turn into a pile of dust next to your comrades while I restealth and run off. Is it more effective than say, snipe spam? Nope.
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    I was actually looking at incorporating this set into a magblade build. I was thinking this and warmaiden. I just like the disease aspect as I like to build poison builds.
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

One word "Overload"

I agree NBs are more agile but they're also a lot squishier, especially stamblades.

Movement used to be really good on a mag sorc before Streak turned into the most expensive spammable in the game. I personally backbar Lich, run tri-stat food and 3x infused tri-stat glyphs so I dont have any trouble sustaining magicka or stamina. My sorc has something like 16k stamina, break-free and roll dodge cost can be reduced a lot with CP.

NBs are not any more squishier than other classes in the same gear, be it LA or MA. It is not like they receive huge armor debuff and health debuff by their own passives.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaan on a magblde is way worse imo. Root, incap, assassins will and if that’s doesn’t kill you Zaan definitely will.
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Derra pls tell em about the telegraph sound :trollface:
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Undefwun
    Undefwun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads can be used by anyone, pretty much any class, mag or stam, easily craftable... so there is alot of going around and causes a big outcry.

Meanwhile how many good melee magblades are there? Upfront burst is nowhere that of stamblade, you gotta build that merciless. You are in range of all the stam dmg, in range of DKs and fossilize/whip/whip still hits hard when you in light.

Point is how many ppl are getting hit by this combo? I know I get sloaded and zaaned (sometimes by the same person... what flops) just about every BG...

That's why there is no mass outcry...
    Drank Sinatra Sr - PvP Magblade - DC
    Juggathot - PvP Mag Sorc - DC
    Jedi Mind Crits - PvP A-Hole Bowblade - DC
    Dollar Store Thor - PvP Stamplar - DC
    The Bone Sumpremacy - baby Stamcro - DC
    Wârden Freeman - PvP Stamden - DC (on hold)
    Lauryn Heal - PvE Magplar DPS - DC

Lil Orc Chop - PvP Stam Sorc - EP
    Hamuel L Jackson - PvE DPS & PvP Stam DK - EP
    Chandler Bling - PvP Magden - EP

Mahalia Lightborn - exiled crafting toon - cos you know, she's AD
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nuitar wrote: »
    I see quite a few names on this thread that are people I've blown up with my caluurions mageblade. Let me explain why I think the set is fine.
    • No sustain
    • Blockable/dodgeable/reflectable. If I know I'm fighting DKs I'm actually swapping the set out.
    • If you die it means that you didn't do anything for 3 seconds (concealed weapon + light atk + incapacitate + caluurions proc) and you'd just as easily die to a plethora of gank combos.

The build I run uses 3x infused jewelry with spell damage and infused pieces of armor with spell dmg to hit ~2900 spell damage before major sorcery. I take a huge hit to sustain and am much squishier just to up my burst by ~2-3k damage.

Is it a fun burst? Yes. When it goes off you actually turn into a pile of dust next to your comrades while I restealth and run off. Is it more effective than say, snipe spam? Nope.

Anyone can gank with any set, I don’t think caluurions or sloads should be nerfed b cause someone uses it to gank, I think they should be nerfed because it allows people that haven’t taken the time to properly learn their class to deal lots of damage.

Imo if you need to slot 3 proc sets to be of any type of relevance on your class that you need to switch or dedicate time to actually learning to play, there is no reason why for example someone who has played magblade for a while and is good at that class should do the same amount of damage as someone who has no skill but puts on 3 proc sets
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    • No sustain

Anyone can gank with any set, I don’t think caluurions or sloads should be nerfed b cause someone uses it to gank, I think they should be nerfed because it allows people that haven’t taken the time to properly learn their class to deal lots of damage.

Imo if you need to slot 3 proc sets to be of any type of relevance on your class that you need to switch or dedicate time to actually learning to play, there is no reason why for example someone who has played magblade for a while and is good at that class should do the same amount of damage as someone who has no skill but puts on 3 proc sets

A MB with no skills and 3 proc sets will die easily when found. If he/she is in a zerg then its whatever skills dont even matter. Open world he is sacrificing a lot by putting 3 proc sets on. Sounds like his choice and is going to die alot.
  • Jurand80
    Jurand80
    ✭✭✭✭
    o.0 caluurion hits for 7-8k a real pita in nonCP
  • Mohegan_Sneak
    • No sustain

You can’t kill a soul ;)

-Gutz
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

14-19k in PvP!???

If that combo is hitting someone that hard, then the problem is that someone needs to pay more attention to their defensive capability...

Just LA-Conceal-Caluu should be ~14k damage with an enchant proc against medium-light builds. If you incap first it’s closer to 20k
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why don't we all make a list of every set that anyone has died to and start crying tears of salt till those sets give nothing but negative stats.

Clever Alchemist - It only buffed WD/SD and it was nerfed (I remember the reason given for the nerf, it was a lazy adjustment)

Crit Removal from stealth and Proc Sets - PvE was hurt most by this nerf and this was celebrated by non impen scrubs

Anyone who likes to continue the list please do so.

ZOS you should really analyze a little bit more before rolling out nerfs and destroying your own work. The wish of a few does not exceed the enjoyment of many.

Cheers.

They've been doing it since beta. Every update something gets nerfed or broken. There's no direction to PvP. It is a rudderless ship and has been for some time. The upcoming games from other companies are really going to bite this time. And its very sad because ALL of this could have been avoided, if only they had listened to the players/community.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm surprised no one is talking about an attempt to combo up:

Vicious death

With either:
    Zaan, skoria, calurrions, scathing, etc...

Groups are still stacking tightly, if you can just get that 1 kill, entire group goes down from chain reaction.
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

14-19k in PvP!???

Just LA-Conceal-Caluu should be ~14k damage with an enchant proc against medium-light builds. If you incap first it’s closer to 20k

What you are posting is different than what the OP posted...

The OP stated that CW/Cals alone is doing 14 to 19k damage...

Obviously Incap/LA/CW/Cal's will do more damage than just CW/Cal's...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Would just like to point out that elemental weapon does not work with overload, you can’t attack until the buff disappears.

Also, I’ve been using caluurion on my magblade ever since I hit cap, very fun set to use and is such a good gank set. Stealth, hidden blade, light attack, funnel health, execute. :smile:

Literally just switched it over to innate axiom to give that a try though, want to see WM and IA in action with MK monster set.
  • Swimguy
    Swimguy
    ✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

14-19k in PvP!???

What you are posting is different than what the OP posted...

The OP stated that CW/Cals alone is doing 14 to 19k damage...

Obviously Incap/LA/CW/Cal's will do more damage than just CW/Cal's...

obv people are gonna weave lol.... its 2018. that amount of burst available to a class than can potentially be perma cloaked with shields is kinda insane. and you dont even need to pull off any fancy mechanics....

imagine if stam got a set like this next patch. rework doylemish to on stun lololololol