The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

If there was a pvp only server, would you participate?

• Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I also don't think it's a bad idea. But, probably wouldn't participate in it.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    love the idea as well
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    itzTJ wrote: »
    kargen27 wrote: »
    The PvP player base is diluted enough with what we have now. Scattering PvP'rs across the entire game would make for some really boring PvP.

And you think players are upset now just think how much they would complain if they had to log into a different PvP only server to try and get Caltrops or Tel Var stones. The grief would be mighty.

No, I meant something like a different server where it was ONLY pvp but no cyrdoil/bgs... The people that want cyrodil/bgs would stay on the regular server... I guess i should have worded it better... Not a pve server and a pvp server.. A "regular eso server" and then a pvp server. Strictly for open world with no cyro or bgs.

Anyway another thing i wanted to see is if anyone else has any ideas on how to add some risk or excitement to pvp in this game.

I'm still a no because the PvP population would be to sparse. With PvE a large open world works because you are reacting to that large open world. With PvP your interactions are with other players and they would be to scattered. Gankers would in the beginning flock to the new server hoping to provide a whole new level of grief but because there are no choke points they would find very limited opportunities to actually jump someone. So after a frustrating week or two they would go back to Cyridiil and the PvP server would be dead. Maybe a few farmers taking advantage of the unpopulated server would frequent the server to run a few circles out away from population but as they get to keep everything they harvest they would log onto the other server to enter towns or do anything other than harvesting nodes.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. But I would advocate for one so that the PvPers could get some relief from all the issues that the current servers have in the PvP zones.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, I wouldn't play on it but I would love for them to have their own server. Then they can beg Zo$ to nerf each other all day long and it wont affect PvE!

You do realize the biggest nerfs were because of PvE? ZoS admitted they didn't like where game play was headed when certain guilds were easily finishing vet level new content so they came down with huge nerfs. Would be nice if skills behaved different against other players than they do against mobs but it is disingenuous to suggest nerfs are all caused by PvP'rs.
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    No, I wouldn't play on it but I would love for them to have their own server. Then they can beg Zo$ to nerf each other all day long and it wont affect PvE!

You do realize the biggest nerfs were because of PvE? ZoS admitted they didn't like where game play was headed when certain guilds were easily finishing vet level new content so they came down with huge nerfs. Would be nice if skills behaved different against other players than they do against mobs but it is disingenuous to suggest nerfs are all caused by PvP'rs.

Not ALL nerfs have been caused by PvPers, although, they do tend to be the loudest when it comes to nerfing magicka skills. :)
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Zenzuki wrote: »
    I voted no simply because it asked the question that way!

As a PVE only player, I'd personally never (well, maybe once in a blue moon) log into it.

BUT...

I'm totally on board for this idea. It would open up the whole of Tamriel for those PVP types to play in, while also opening up the entire center of the map (and sewers) for us PVE types. The mix PvPvE player gets the best of both worlds!

Everyone getting what they want in a dedicated way. If either wanted the other experience, you could just log into the appropriate server (could be done pre-lobby or through a BG npc (if going TO PVP), or from a Guild npc (if desiring to go TO PVE).

You might want to read the OP again. Cyrodiil and Imperial City would still be PvP on the PvE server. All that would change if the other server were successful in any way would be a slightly lower population.
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Well wow is removing their pvp servers starting with their next expansion.
    If you want world pvp then you have to turn on your pvp flag.

The griefing and ganking got to be too much over the course of time.

I had a toon on a pvp server since 2006. By 2017 I stopped logging onto that server because you could not do anything without getting killed by zerg groups running around the questing areas. They killed the NPC's so it was hard to travel around and/or turn in quests.

• AllPlayAndNoWork
    AllPlayAndNoWork
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Open world PvP is the mutts nuts........
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not sure if i clicked the right option.

I would love the idea of a PvE only server and i would never set a foot on the pvp server.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope, not even for a second, though I'm all for giving them their own server. Every pvp server I've ever played on is nothing but trolling and griefing until the trolls and griefers have no one left to bother, and yes I was one of them for a long time. Would be nice to tally up who is actually supporting the game too.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not with this community. It would be a toxic wasteland /:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    idk wrote: »
    People tend to not want to leave groups they are playing with.

Not to mention that it just will not happen. Zos will not double their servers and split the players amongst them. Just not good business sense.

BTW, SWTOR had a flag system that failed. It could be glitched to flag a player that was not flagged. They ended up, after having to merg servers yet again, creating a different system that separated into different instances those flagged from not flagged.

Though that would mean both more hardware for Zos and creating a flagging system which they have already chose to not do.

Trust me i know zos wont do it. They wont do anything much tbh.. But i think you are over estimating it. Plenty of games, like wow, have multiple servers.. With pvp and pve.. Idk why it would be such a stretch for them to do it. But again i know they wont ESP if its for pvp.

They will not do it because they have no reason to as I mentioned. They will not be doubling their business if they did this.

I am aware some games such as SWTOR and others have multiple servers. They also have smaller servers due to a different architecture.

The stretch for Zos to do this is simple economics. You are asking for them to add 6 servers and that would require a significant increase in revenue which you have not demonstrated will come in.

It really is just that. Economics. Zos did not see a compelling reason to do this from the start and there would be less reason to do it 4 years out.
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you already play on a PvP only server ... When you queue the point of loading in is to migrate you from one server to another ?
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be more interested in them adding random zones to pvp in each week. For instance a 7 day campaign in Rivenspire. This would be a different instance of Rivenspire, you would have to queue to enter. DC players would defend and the other factions would be attackers. Guards and npcs would be killable but set to a higher difficulty like old Vet zones. You would be able to set certain siege down and all that stuff. Each week or even every few days they could change to different zones.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    QUEZ420 wrote: »
    Nope. That's why Imperial City is dead af rn....

IC is dead due to bad design don't give us pvp'ers the fault for the faliure

The design was to try and lure PvE players to get slaughtered by PvP players. Not surprisingly, the PvE players had no desire and didn’t fall for that trap.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Tholian1 wrote: »
    Tonnopesce wrote: »
    QUEZ420 wrote: »
    Nope. That's why Imperial City is dead af rn....

IC is dead due to bad design don't give us pvp'ers the fault for the faliure

The design was to try and lure PvE players to get slaughtered by PvP players. Not surprisingly, the PvE players had no desire and didn’t fall for that trap.

Oh you did fall for the trap, and it was amazing but then frustrating mechanics, tree loading screens + 2 minutes horse simulator (when you had a keep close to the sewers),impossible to acces prime time without a huge queue and bad rewards took away every interest from the place.

Back on topic
    We dont need pvp servers due to the nature of the "megaserver" we can have pvp instances
    Signature

• eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Osteos wrote: »
    I would be more interested in them adding random zones to pvp in each week. For instance a 7 day campaign in Rivenspire. This would be a different instance of Rivenspire, you would have to queue to enter. DC players would defend and the other factions would be attackers. Guards and npcs would be killable but set to a higher difficulty like old Vet zones. You would be able to set certain siege down and all that stuff. Each week or even every few days they could change to different zones.

awesome
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes

Not to mention that it just will not happen. Zos will not double their servers and split the players amongst them. Just not good business sense.

BTW, SWTOR had a flag system that failed. It could be glitched to flag a player that was not flagged. They ended up, after having to merg servers yet again, creating a different system that separated into different instances those flagged from not flagged.

Though that would mean both more hardware for Zos and creating a flagging system which they have already chose to not do.

Trust me i know zos wont do it. They wont do anything much tbh.. But i think you are over estimating it. Plenty of games, like wow, have multiple servers.. With pvp and pve.. Idk why it would be such a stretch for them to do it. But again i know they wont ESP if its for pvp.

They will not do it because they have no reason to as I mentioned. They will not be doubling their business if they did this.

I am aware some games such as SWTOR and others have multiple servers. They also have smaller servers due to a different architecture.

The stretch for Zos to do this is simple economics. You are asking for them to add 6 servers and that would require a significant increase in revenue which you have not demonstrated will come in.

It really is just that. Economics. Zos did not see a compelling reason to do this from the start and there would be less reason to do it 4 years out.

Ya well im not as optimistic about pve players keeping this game together. Everything gets boring after a while but pve keeps getting new stuff while pvp does not. And i know pve players still get bored.

If i had to guess id say this game is split between pve and pvp players. As well as a lot of players, like myself, that do both. But we need more. In the begging sooo many people wanted to play this game for pvp. Now sooo many people leave because of pvp. Because it only gets worse every update. Downward spirals only go one way. The question only is how long.

• Johngo0036
    Johngo0036
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    If there was a PVP only server we would still get ABSOLUTELY NO SUPPORT from ZOS,
    Everything would go to the PVE server,

So us as PVP'ers would be shooting ourselves in the foot
    PC EU Megaserver
    @Johngo0036
    CP900+
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer |The-Irritable-Witch(DC)
    Orc Stamina Dragonknight | Gru-Bolar(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Nightblade | Chewbucca(DC)
    Khajit Stamina Nightblade | Gleaming Daggers(DC)
    Altmer Magicka Nightblade | Miss Chewbucca(EP)
    Argonian Magicka Templar | Walks-With-Friends(EP)
    Argonian Templar Healer | Dr Toxic(EP)
    Orc Stamina Sorc | Lady Streaks-Alot(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka DK | Whips-n-Chains(DC)
    Nord Warden | Demi Tank(DC)
    Dunmer Magicka Warden | Crafter-O-Crafts(DC)
    Bosmer Stamplar | Forest-Plump(DC)
    Argonian Hybrid Nb | Men-O-Paws(DC)
    Bosmer Stamblade | 'Maui(AD)
    Altmer Magicka Sorcerer | Mid-Life-Crisis(AD)

• beccees
    beccees
    Soul Shriven
    No
    Pve cryodiil please. o:)
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    The No provided didn't have enough emphasis. My answer is,

NOOOOO!!!
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a lovely idea to fix the performance.

What makes you think this would fix performance?

Edited by Sylosi on June 22, 2018 9:48AM
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No

Ya well im not as optimistic about pve players keeping this game together. Everything gets boring after a while but pve keeps getting new stuff while pvp does not. And i know pve players still get bored.

If i had to guess id say this game is split between pve and pvp players. As well as a lot of players, like myself, that do both. But we need more. In the begging sooo many people wanted to play this game for pvp. Now sooo many people leave because of pvp. Because it only gets worse every update. Downward spirals only go one way. The question only is how long.

No need to guess, it's very very easy to check and last time I checked less than 10% of the population has even set foot in cyro/bg. As a mainly pve player that's been playing over 2 years I can tell there is still tons of content I've barely touched due to my casual playstyle. Heck I've barely gotten started with the wrothgar dlc which came out years ago due to the many distractions like pretty butterflies and shiny flowers catching my eye as I quest.

Most of us don't need to focus on kill kill kill to enjoy our playtime and not be bored. Pvp is a tiny fraction of Eso. Numbers never lie. No matter how many times that tired line gets tossed around, "in the beginning it was a pvp game!". And it almost flopped. There is a reason why they changed direction.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Agenericname
    Agenericname
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I voted "other" simply because so much hinges on implementation. I don't see this as practical from a financial point of view.

I love PvP. I haven't done much here because the story is so engaging and I end up chasing butterflies. Eventually I will. I played pre-trammel UO and both PvE and PvP servers on WoW. Open world PvP can be daunting to say the least. It usually turns out to be a giant gank fest and doesn't leave a lot of room for people that like to PvP and PvE.

Unless there was a way to make it so that I didn't need a new character, I wouldn't be interested at all. I'm far more likely to be invested in a small number of character(s) and needing to create another isn't on the table for me. If they were able to make it to where we could keep the same character(s), what's the incentive for ZOS?

In short, I don't see any financial incentive for ZOS and the performance issues in PvP only make up part of the barrier that turns people off to it.