The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

If there was a pvp only server, would you participate?

• Hiskias
    Hiskias
    ✭✭
    No
    Phage wrote: »
    itzTJ wrote: »
    *** no.

If there is ever a PvP server, they better make Cyrodiil and IC PvE for us.

Why?? pve is literally 90% of the world/game.. But i can see the pros and cons of IC having a pve system of some sort.. i just dont know if it would hurt it to bad.

Because I want PvE Cyrodiil.

Do I really need another reason?

How about they cycle Cyrodiil to peace time once in a while (an hour a day?) the way that Archeage cycles the zones. Then us tourists could go there to take in the sights without fear of getting ganked.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    With the current state of PVP? No. Nobody would want to level there. Ever.

Or do Anything really...

Boosting Low levels so they can defend themselves and NO CP only perhaps.
    Edited by Nyladreas on June 21, 2018 7:45AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    PVE only. Yes
  • Heka Cain
    Heka Cain
    ✭✭✭
    Yes! Yes I would participate in...flower arranging classes and crochet classes and those classes that build confidence without making the participant feel like a first class w@nker!
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    I PvP 99% of my time spent on this game.

I hate this idea.

Just open world? You realize that a fly would live longer then that server right? People don’t want to log in an get zerged, atleast I dont, and if PvE keeps BGs and Cyrodiil there would be absolutely no reason to continue on the PvP server where all you do is log in and fight what is likely groups of 20+. Hard pass.

I like the idea of a PvP and PvE server so performance can be better, but the way in which you proposed it is horrendous.

i mean you could actually invade the enemy factions home territory, claim it for your faction and it'd just feel more like a war you're winning or losing. might actually give pvp in ESO a jump start. and if you're playing on the PvP server, you'd be a fool if you're not expecting pvp.
    Edited by Lucky28 on June 21, 2018 8:18AM
    Invictus
  • Pixel_Zealot
    Pixel_Zealot
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    They can't even maintain the servers they have, splitting them would just create more work and more disappointments from them.
    Dragonborn, huh? Was it your ma or your pa that was the dragon?
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    What you know about Runescape 2002, fighting with whips in the wild?
  • Axoinus
    Axoinus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Probably not. I might try it, just to see. Think it would just be a mix of chaos and bullying expoiters. Pvp server would likely die eventually anyway.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    No
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:02PM
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    QUEZ420 wrote: »
    Nope. That's why Imperial City is dead af rn....

IC is dead due to bad design don't give us pvp'ers the fault for the faliure
    Signature

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    If the performance was good, sure!
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    No, I wouldn't play on it but I would love for them to have their own server. Then they can beg Zo$ to nerf each other all day long and it wont affect PvE!

It wouldn’t stop nerf requests though as a fair share of them are PvE related anyway (x class pulls y more DPS).
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    DamenAJ wrote: »
    Honestly, I think it'd be a good idea to have a pvp server and a pve server. But no, I wouldn't play on the PVP server. I hate PVP.

But it would help the poor PVPers who don't really get a lot of content.

But, if you ever played WoW PVP servers, you'll find they can get stupid frustrating, with people just waiting around to gank others, people just hovering over your corpse to kill you again, people getting friends to come kill you because they dislike you...

Yah i figured there are more PVE players on the forums (and probably in game) than there are PVP players... So im sure there will be more no votes than yes... I just want to see if theres a decent amount of people who would entertain it..

But even still, i feel like pve players could find fun in this... Everyone needs some excitement in their lives.. And thats a nice way to look at it, coming from a pve player :smile:

Plenty of excitement in my life. :) I game to unwind...relax.

I do think it would be nice for PvPers to have their own world...PvP everywhere. I support that big time.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Sparhawk122
    Sparhawk122
    Soul Shriven
    No
    Grew up on Daggerfall and Morrowind. The reason I play ESO is for the PvE. PvP in my opinion never suits these story driven games with amphasis on RPG elements and questing. It does not feel right and I want to enjoy the sights of Cyrodil but can't due to it being PvP zone which is extremely unfortunate. It ruins immersion other players going around trying to kill you when trying to quest.

To lock off a whole zone to players that want nothing to do with PvP is unfair. And not just any zone. But Cyrodil, one of the places a lot of us who played Oblivion want to revisit.
  • Zenzuki
    Zenzuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I voted no simply because it asked the question that way!

As a PVE only player, I'd personally never (well, maybe once in a blue moon) log into it.

BUT...

I'm totally on board for this idea. It would open up the whole of Tamriel for those PVP types to play in, while also opening up the entire center of the map (and sewers) for us PVE types. The mix PvPvE player gets the best of both worlds!

Everyone getting what they want in a dedicated way. If either wanted the other experience, you could just log into the appropriate server (could be done pre-lobby or through a BG npc (if going TO PVP), or from a Guild npc (if desiring to go TO PVE).
    Edited by Zenzuki on June 21, 2018 11:11AM
    Can Open...
    Worms EVERYWHERE!
  • jokeaccount
    jokeaccount
    ✭✭✭
    No
    No, I tried PVP once and it was so boring I couldn't even get past the siege weapons tutorial.

Still think this is a pretty good idea though
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely no way. I have spent a lot of time in MMO's on PvP servers and they are, every single time without fail, a griefer's paradise. There's a good reason why PvP servers become ghost towns within a few months. I say this as a PvP'er.

Edited for the ever occurring typo.

Im assuming you mean wow and i dont think thats a very good example because of the number of servers.. The difference is in the games. Some games, like archeage for example, have a few no pvp zones and then the rest of the worlds are pvp. A server like that would be cool..

But even still you arent wrong about griefer's. But thats the fun in it. Finding ways around it with your friends. Personally i think wow has to many servers. But if you mean another game let me know because theres a few games that i think do it right, even without different servers.

Never played WoW. It was Rift and SWToR. Always the same thing. People head right back to the low level zones and just gank for hours. It's actually very dull to most. Only a handful of people really enjoy it, and they're usually the sadistic type. lol In ESO I understand that there really aren't any low level zones, but the end result would be the same. People at CP cap stomping new player's heads into the ground for hours or until they log in frustration. It's never different.

Not if 20 mid range cp players grouped up and killed those gankers.. Idk i just feel like it would make things a lot of fun in game.. Or at least something new for pvp.. I mean the same old cant continue forever. If pve players only had a few dungeons and a trial it would get boring real quick... Cyrdoil is boring. IC is AWESOME but dead for some reason. And bgs is no CP and far from perfect.

I feel like pvp players need some risk added. Or something new to achieve. Siegeing keeps and taking towns/districs is just AP farming. For the first few years, great, but now i think we need a new zone. Or something like this that takes the old zones and makes some of them pvp. But i get where you're coming from.. I do.
    And those 20 bring 40, and so on.*

(One way they could address this, to certain extent, would be to give some kind of 'presence' modifier beyond the little crossed swords map indicator. I find it absurd that a group of 24 or more can 'stealth up' and be all but invisible as a group of 2-4. Larger numbers should require more care, or should attract more (unwanted) attention, by default.)

It just becomes a game of numbers, which is, well, what it mostly is right now.

Until they figure out how to give smaller groups an 'outnumbered' bonus of some sort, it wouldn't be much different than it is right now.
    • They need to fix the lag issues first.
    • They need to figure out how to give the 80%+ of the map in Cyrodiil purpose, beyond just spawning an Alliance vendor.
    • There needs to be common threats, beyond the occasional NPC or joke of an 'Imperial Camp.'
    • They need to implement ways to reward strategy and placement of troops/defenses/sabotage or things beyond the obvious resources.
    • They need to implement proper subterfuge, letting scouting/spying truly infiltrate the enemy from within.
    Full separation of the servers isn't required, and you shouldn't necessarily have to choose, as some people like to do both content.

Edited by Merlin13KAGL on June 21, 2018 1:15PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Segregate the already small size of the PvP population... naw bruh
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I really do love PvP, I still had to vote no.

Let's think about the population amount of the each target group:
    How big percentage of player population consists of active PvP players compared to PvE players?
    I think we all know that PvE players are majority of the game, so PvE only server wouldn't have a lack of population.
    But what comes with PvP server, I don't think that the potential target audience is big enough to make creating PvP only server worth of the money which would be used for making PvP only server happen.
    Edited by Fiktius on June 21, 2018 1:10PM
  • Vercingetorix
    Vercingetorix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Switching onto a different server just to go to Cyrodiil for just PvE activities? Nope

Adding a PvE Cyrodiil on the PvE server and a PvP Cyrodiil on the PvP server? YES
    “Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.”
  • Kolache
    Kolache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd give it a try and I love open-world PvP but I wouldn't bet on it being a success unless they were very careful about the details of implementing it. I'm also not sure that lack of openworld PvE risk would best be handled by PvP risk.

That being said, personally I'd probably go for something more faction-based in the openworld as an opt-in type system. Rewards could be as non-gamebreaking as another currency used to buy existing set items or something--open world PvP in this zone lets you buy set items that come from that zone from a vendor for example.

TLDR: I think it could succeed if done right but it still wouldn't fix the lack of openworld PvE risk/reward for people not interested in PvP.
    Something being unbalanced in 1v1 does not imply that it is balanced in group play.
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't see any benefits in this idea. You're just adding restrictions.

• dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Would not want them to spend resources to create this. Best example was DAOC years ago. They created an all PvP server after being out for a few years. people flocked to it enough that they created a second PvP server.

Couple months later both servers were completely dead once people realized the servers were nothing more then gank fest especially if anyone one created a new character. Server populations went from 2500+ to under 20 players per server at peak times (DAOC remains the only MMO I have ever played that actually posted real population numbers)

Complete waste of resources
  • DurzoBlint13
    DurzoBlint13
    ✭✭✭✭
    people complain about the "riding simulator" that is Cyrodil now, and you want to make it 5 times bigger of an area? They cant even get Cyrodil to perform correctly now. We get load screen every time a resource or keep is taken (or if there are too many people in one area, or too many AoEs, or if a butterfly farts) and you want to add in more of all of that???
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Only if it's truly PvP and i can kill AD enemy who dares sneaks into Daggerfall looking to steal the King's Crown Jewels and kill them with BLADE OF WOE.
    Edited by neverwalk on June 21, 2018 1:30PM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    If I want to get killed while minding my own business, I have Black Desert for that.

There would be no point in going to a server where someone can just come and kill you while you are trying to do a quest.

That works in Cyrodiil because it's 1 zone, the quests are easy and repeatable and you have counters. In the normal zones, the quest hubs are too close together and there's an actual story going on.

The Moot Councillor
  • lillybit
    lillybit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    This sounds fantastic in principle but in practice I just don't think it would work. How many campaigns have been shut because they weren't used? This would split the PVP population too much I feel.

Although I'm really a PVEer I love Cyrodiil. I run with a guild group and really enjoy the tactics and challenge of it even though I'm not very good!

I wouldn't use a PVP only server because it would lack the game-play aspect and become primarily about ambushing other players. I think that would have limited appeal to most of the demographic of this game
    PS4 EU
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    *** no.

If there is ever a PvP server, they better make Cyrodiil and IC PvE for us.

Why?? pve is literally 90% of the world/game.. But i can see the pros and cons of IC having a pve system of some sort.. i just dont know if it would hurt it to bad.

Because some of the players who loath pvp/some of the pvper's mindset about it would like to do the pve content/quests while dealing only with the npc/daedra enemies.
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'd certainly try, but probably wouldn't stay
  • aetherial_heavenn
    aetherial_heavenn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy organized PVP in Cyrodiil. I put up with gankers in Cyrodiil. I don't generally enjoy the ganking, tower farming, or dealing with gankers and tower farmers in Cyrodiil so I don't expect I would enjoy dealing with gankers and small farming groups in the open world. Or the duelers that would infest locations like the Undaunted camps.

If Cyro could magically become available on a single server playable by EU and NA and SEA/oceanic players (ie located central to all, so ping was even) and with an even pop spread across timezones, then I would play there. I would even level a dupe character "toon" to do it. Otherwise,
    what Varanis said ^^^
    Quoted for truth
    "In my experience, the elite ones have not been very toxic, and the toxic ones not very elite." WrathOfInnos