Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

what's going on with outfits?

jedtb16_ESO
jedtb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
log in on one of my mains after maintenance to find the outfit on display. this despite the fact that i have the 'no outfit' option selected.

this really is not good enough. this is my main farmer, grubbing around in the dirt for flowers and mushrooms, hacking up rocks and bits of wood, up to her neck in muck and bullets in delves or waist deep in water fishing. she doesn't want to be flouncing around in fol-de-rols and gewgaws like some workshy fop she needs her sensible down to earth clothing.

get this fixed immediately please.... or.... or.....

and before you ask, yes i did put a bug report in.

180619-002471

so there...
  • LadyLavina
    LadyLavina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    she doesn't want to be flouncing around in fol-de-rols and gewgaws like some workshy fop

6fe.jpg
    PC - NA @LadyLavina 1800+ CP PvP Tank and PvP Healer
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »
    she doesn't want to be flouncing around in fol-de-rols and gewgaws like some workshy fop

6fe.jpg

google it (other search engines are available)
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LadyLavina wrote: »

6fe.jpg

google it (other search engines are available)

I got me googles on stylsih+girl+in+sun+glasses+wallpaper.jpg
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try selecting outfit then no outfit? Or is no outfit completely broken? Can you share a screenshot of issue?
  • Warraxx
    Warraxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its broken for me too since patch...
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Did you try selecting outfit then no outfit? Or is no outfit completely broken? Can you share a screenshot of issue?

i've done all of that and removing all gear and...... all possible combinations.

was on earlier and it defaulted to normal gear. a while later i checked my inventory and it switched to outfit again.

roll on fo76.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have an issue where my outfit will simply unequip itself. Then when I go to reapply it, i will be wearing a helmet on one bar and not on the other (I routinely hide helmet). I can see the helmet on one bar, but I have asked friends, and they cant see it. Happens just about every day. If I unhide and hide the helmet, it seems to fix itself until the next time my costume decides to unequip itself. Happens far more often in Cyrodiil.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on June 19, 2018 9:54PM
  • Rawkan
    Rawkan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obviously your character is getting sick of it and wants a change in style. Take a hint.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rawkan wrote: »
    Obviously your character is getting sick of it and wants a change in style. Take a hint.

well no... when she's chillin in one of my many luxurious homes then the finery comes out. but when it comes to the day to day business of grubbing around in the dirt and slaughtering anything that moves for the sake of it.... it's nothing personal, well it is.... but that's not the point.... the point is for that kind of activity sensible, down to earth, practical attire is required. can't be going round gutting sand vipers in a dress... i mean, what would people think?
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I passed information along.
  • Lunerdog
    Lunerdog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, character keeps defaulting to showing 'outfit 1' even though its not selected. If you go to the outfit screen it then displays the correct outfit and stays as it should until you port to another zone or enter/exit house etc.

It was annoying the puddins out of me so I got round it by setting my outfit to the exact same as original armour/weaps and colours my character is wearing.

Honestly Zos, every time you touch something you manage to break something else, your consistent though, I'll give you that. Good job that your software is just for a game, if it was software for national defence purposes it would be Skynet with an attitude problem.

Edit for fat fingered typos...
    Edited by Lunerdog on June 20, 2018 3:15AM
  • rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »

For me it was/is doing two things...

Selecting Outfit 1 without my asking it to. (I don't use outfits)

Claiming it is on "no outfit" color/look, yet my shoulders and gloves are the wrong item and color (it's using the choices from "outfit 1".)

Changing from or to outfit 1, at a station or not at a station, seems to have no real effect when going back to "no outfit". It still may or may not correctly show "no outfit". (And prior to loging seems 'stuck' with it chosing the above when no outfit is selected.)

Doesn't seem to affect my two alt characters, but they have "costumes" on, and never made selection for that outfit choice.
    Edited by rabb1t_ESO on June 20, 2018 3:25AM
  • rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ok.... because I don't see correct animations when crafting with a personality on, I tried turning OFF my personality, going to the outfit station, being sure it was set to "no outfit", and pressed "alt" to close the station. It STAYED correct. Haven't zoned yet, but others might want to test this if you have personalities on.

Hum... nope, maybe not linked. Zoned with personality off and it still changed to the messed up look.
    Edited by rabb1t_ESO on June 20, 2018 5:35PM
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both my wife and myself were unable to use regular armor. The outfit turns itself back on no matter what.
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    28056721027_e7f8d658c4_o.png
    Edited by Aesthier on June 20, 2018 7:39PM
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iv got this problem too but does let me turn it off but automatically turns back on if I log out to a different toon.
  • Targir
    Targir
    I also have the same problem where outfit took over on any loading screen . I had to select outfit then no outfit for it to stay temporary until the next reloading screen. Once i'm out of city the no outfit doesn't even work .
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Targir wrote: »
    I also have the same problem where outfit took over on any loading screen . I had to select outfit then no outfit for it to stay temporary until the next reloading screen. Once i'm out of city the no outfit doesn't even work .

yup.... and no word from zos.

it's not game breaking but it is annoying.
  • Colecovision
    Colecovision
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Targir wrote: »

yup.... and no word from zos.

it's not game breaking but it is annoying.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_MichaelServotte @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

It looks like there are a lot of us with this problem. Can we get an acknowledgement that the proper team is aware of the issue? I think most of us understand that you have bigger fish to fry right now, but we'd like to know that it's on the list.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks all, we're working on getting this fixed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks all, we're working on getting this fixed.

thank you.
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I put a bug report in too. If you switch to no outfit like 4 times eventually you stay with no outfit....

..for a little bit.

<3 Thanks Gina
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glad to know I’m not the only one. It had been driving me crazy.
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    So... ewrasing the colors of the outfit slot doesn't really work, but if you "clear" all spaces, and have it ewrased on color, if you are someone like me who doesn't use the outfits, will indirectly prevent the bug from showing. (Because if it does activate it's showing 'nothing different'.)

A work-around for the time being if you don't use the outfits.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something like this is also an issue with the Item Preview addon with both outfits and costumes. Quite often after vendoring or deconstructing weapons or armor, whichever bar I happened to be on will stop showing the outfit or costume and will show he default gear I'm wearing. Previewing something else in your inventory one more time will usually fix it though.
  • MythicaLMeddLer
    MythicaLMeddLer
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue...I have no outfit selected..whenever I use a way shrine or log off..it automatically changes to outfit one..nothing game breaking..but does mess with my OCD a little
  • midnightq2
    midnightq2
    Soul Shriven
    Just chiming in to say that I've had the same problem with my character reverting to Outfit 1, even though No Outfit is selected.
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only compensation to this,game breaking bug, is free outfit slot.
    just kidding
    Edited by imnotanother on June 22, 2018 3:32AM
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was having this same issue yesterday, but interestingly enough it didn’t happen at all today.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Erris
    Erris
    ✭✭✭
    I have this on one character now... Stupid outfit keeps turning itself on, but only part of it. I can turn it off, reset it, change it, etc., but if I zone somewhere it just comes back. I can't even play my character because it looks so bad. :(