The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Is it worth it to gold out jewelry?

Y0ungLer0y3
Is it worth it? I already have "epic" quality jewelry, but i have alot of extra gold so i was wondering if it would be worth it to gold it out. & Everything else im wearing (ie: wpns, armor, and glyphs) are all legendary as well.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. the gains are minimal compared to the cost
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The short answer is no. If you really have nothing else to spend your massive amount of gold on, you can certainly go ahead and upgrade some jewelry to gold. Doing one piece will at least get the achievement and the dye so that might be some incentive. My take on it is that the metagame is likely to shift before I can actually upgrade a full set to gold, making it pointless. I'm by no means a casual player and I'm only halfway to one upgrade at this point.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. But I still do it.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At the cost of 80 gold mats...... no.

• f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope, ZOS decided to make golding out jewelry cost 10x what it does for anything else. It will never be worth it to do so. If you can otherwise acquire gold jewelry, such as the gold vendor, that is a different story. It will simply never be worth while to make jewelry gold. It will also never be worth while to craft jewelry for a toon since it would cost too much to even get it to purple.

Moral of story, multiply the cost of just about anything by 10 and it is not worth doing.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have to ask, you dont have the gold or the time.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it worth it? I already have "epic" quality jewelry, but i have alot of extra gold so i was wondering if it would be worth it to gold it out. & Everything else im wearing (ie: wpns, armor, and glyphs) are all legendary as well.

Use jewellery and weapon set from dropped sets. Crafted sets for body. Jewellery crafting is waste of time except traits.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you are pushing to be one of the best the gain is insignificant.
  • Bfish22090
    Bfish22090
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if you want to get every single last bit of damage out of your character then yes, the difference between all purple and all gold gear at endgame is about 1-2k dps
  • Syncronaut
    Syncronaut
    ✭✭✭
    Not realy, as for this money cost you can afford a few houses easy and you can keep those in future, while sets on rings can get nerfed to oblivion.

Epic is good enogh. (for achivment to have gear full legendary, just buy legendary pvp rings that come out on market every 30 days or so)
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Syncronaut wrote: »
    Not realy, as for this money cost you can afford a few houses easy and you can keep those in future, while sets on rings can get nerfed to oblivion.

Epic is good enogh. (for achivment to have gear full legendary, just buy legendary pvp rings that come out on market every 30 days or so)
    Plus people forget that gear averages out. So if you have 2 gold, 3 epic and it balances out as a hybrid between the two. That makes the differences in gold jewelry even less. There's very few sets that really benefit from being gold. Gold weapons first, armor second, jewelry never (unless those platings become more common). It's just not worth it.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »
    No. But I still do it.

Please buy my jewellery writs. No buyers in guild stores.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i got a Gold Jewelry Drop of set I use, I would wear it. If I have to pay for it, no way. I have 15 million gold, so its not like I can not afford it. But everytime I go to the Golden Vendor and compare the stats of the Gold to the Purps I am wearing, I can not justify the cost.

Will I someday make a jewelry set in Gold? Probably. However since it will be about 6 months before I can make a purple set, it will.be year or more before I am faced with deciding what to upgrade.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think if I was using Infused trait on jewelry, I would go to gold to maximize the impact of the enchant. But I would probably only have one Infused piece in any set.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, it wont improve dps at all really, RNG with crits will hide any difference. I agree getting it is fine like in vet trials or golf vender bit not paying stupid amounts of gold for them.