The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New AP exploit. Grand overlord possible in 1 week. How suprising !

• raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Edit DC contacts say the EP dude is farming friends and probably his 2nd account too.

Ah LoL they moved not removed the edit button. DC Emp also did the same apparently in Shor. This friend farming is very hard to police though for ZoS.

Any ideas on how to combat it coz with D-Tick buff its even more serious ?
    Edited by raviour on May 31, 2018 1:15AM
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly i dont realy care, Grand overlord is already a painful grind fest, so good for them who already ahcievd it.
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    Also d-ticks are sometimes awarded for capturing an outpost, had it happen once at Sej.

That’s called an offensive tick, friend, regardless of what your addon called it in the chat box. I could ping @Ghostbane to explain why it does that, but to be honest, I’d rather him just post some chicken little memes.

Edit: Sometimes I’m a bad speller.

I'm still tinkering with the API myself to give more informative announcements to where your AP is coming from in all this buffet mess.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheValar85 wrote: »
    Honestly i dont realy care, Grand overlord is already a painful grind fest, so good for them who already ahcievd it.

That’s like saying „vAS HM is too hard anyway, so I don’t care if the skin gets exploited“.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    What we need are snapshots of all 3 factions leaderboards at the same time, to understand the bigger picture.
    Was there someone on DC / AD with an equally huge lead above everyone else at the same time?

No. Both DC and AD leaderboard had reasonable differences between each player in top 10. Only one EP hero at that point was "above the average".
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anrose wrote: »
    I could ping Ghostbane to explain why it does that, but to be honest, I’d rather him just post some chicken little memes.

cinsel-sapikliklari-yuzunden-tas-kesilen-insanlarin-sehri-pompei-b.jpg
    Will this do?
    Edited by zyk on May 31, 2018 4:06PM
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm okay with not having to quit my job to get Legate Black. Probably keep this for console release - working as intended.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raviour wrote: »
    My DC contacts say they are in-fact farming their friends at keeps and exploiting.

Oh so it's no longer my paranoya ? :tongue:
  • TheValar85
    TheValar85
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s like saying „vAS HM is too hard anyway, so I don’t care if the skin gets exploited“.

@Feanor yeah VAS HM is hard and i get why do you try to put them into the same level of so called exploit, but in Cyrodiil... ZOs is abandoned PVP long ago... wel at least what is connected with Cyrodiil. we dont knwo for sure it was intended from ZOS to have a bit more faster way to achiev the title or not. and i doupt we can hear any feedback from them because it is related to PVP and we all know @ZOS is sheeeting down Cyrodiil from 1000000km above.

BTW i just recognised your name :D Feanor <3 Who created the Silmarillions :) Oh i almost forgot, have you sent your application from through Mandos to get released from hes halls? Or my fellow Valar dont want to hear about it now?

Oh stop molesting Galadriel for her 3 hair piece okay? :D she wont give it to you XD
    GM Of The Lusty Argonian ERP
    GM Of THe Alessia Dynasty PVP Guild
    GM Of The Guardians Of MiddleEarth
    My Smiling Emperor Profile Picture: https://ibb.co/bsOM6n
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Feanor yeah VAS HM is hard and i get why do you try to put them into the same level of so called exploit, but in Cyrodiil... ZOs is abandoned PVP long ago... wel at least what is connected with Cyrodiil. we dont knwo for sure it was intended from ZOS to have a bit more faster way to achiev the title or not. and i doupt we can hear any feedback from them because it is related to PVP and we all know @ZOS is sheeeting down Cyrodiil from 1000000km above.

BTW i just recognised your name :D Feanor <3 Who created the Silmarillions :) Oh i almost forgot, have you sent your application from through Mandos to get released from hes halls? Or my fellow Valar dont want to hear about it now?

Oh stop molesting Galadriel for her 3 hair piece okay? :D she wont give it to you XD

What we can be sure is that the way certain people are doing it is definietly not intended and abuses the system.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Fix BEFORE console launch please....

Idk what the OP is referring to but it sounds insanely broken lol.

Rofl this person doesnt even understand that the update has been submitted already and is awaiting the 5th to go live...... theres no turning back now for you console people. This exploit will go live on your system and theres nothing anyone can do lol

I mean MAYBE zos could make a thread and sticky it, but that doesnt work. Or maybe they could design a in game notice of known bannable exploits players read when logging in. But that might take 7 months to design.
  • WeylandLabs
    WeylandLabs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB4 deletion
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    zos did great, now people who actualy play pvp earn ap, and people who leach and pvdoor dont. all who cries here are pvdoorians and peeps who want ap for free
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Rektar wrote: »
    zos did great, now people who actualy play pvp earn ap, and people who leach and pvdoor dont. all who cries here are pvdoorians and peeps who want ap for free

It's excatly opposite. If You want most AP You can get then You should avoid real PvPing right now. You can get 10x more AP for free then people who actually fight in Cyro.

Edited by Juhasow on June 2, 2018 6:38PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dr_Rektar wrote: »

Leeches get less now, assume they do nothing but show up or sit around.

PvDoor makes the same amount of AP it did before.

Successfully defending keeps and resources makes a ton more AP than it did before and we can still play because we dont have to sit at a keep to get the tick.

But all of that doesnt have much to do with the problem the thread is pointing out: that you can unfairly make tons of AP by "defending" against your cross-faction friends and generating ticks.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

Rofl this person doesnt even understand that the update has been submitted already and is awaiting the 5th to go live...... theres no turning back now for you console people. This exploit will go live on your system and theres nothing anyone can do lol

I mean MAYBE zos could make a thread and sticky it, but that doesnt work. Or maybe they could design a in game notice of known bannable exploits players read when logging in. But that might take 7 months to design.

I think You dont understand that this update will be edited before releasing on consoles since PC in the meantime got 2 patches which also needs to be included for consoles.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    OGLezard wrote: »

I think You dont understand that this update will be edited before releasing on consoles since PC in the meantime got 2 patches which also needs to be included for consoles.

I doubt it was edited too much. ZoS always claims that their patches must go through a 1-2 week "approval process" by Microsoft before going live on Xbox meaning that the final product was submitted at least 1 week ago. Not much will change from PC's original release and ours. We usually get all the bugs PC first had along with new ones of our own. The AP exploit will be in the console update for certain.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened yesterday as well (Shor, PC/EU).
    Edited by Qbiken on June 13, 2018 8:50AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken if You dont want more people exploiting dont tell them how to exploit.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Qbiken if You dont want more people exploiting dont tell them how to exploit.

Edited, but common knowledge by now how it´s done.....
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on for the longest. It won't ever stop unless ZOS puts gamemasters in Cyrodiil to monitor players.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    My DC contacts say they are in-fact farming their friends at keeps Zzand exploiting.

Could it be instead that ZOS actually wants alliances to capture and hold territory, since the idea behind this game is the conquest and occupation of Cyrodiil and the Inperial City? So rewarding the defense of a keep is, ya know, part of the idea here all along?
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why the EMP title is meaningless now..
  • Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    This is why the EMP title is meaningless now..

Now days EMP is just short for Exploit More Please!
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DC contacts say they are in-fact farming their friends at keeps Zzand exploiting.

Could it be instead that ZOS actually wants alliances to capture and hold territory, since the idea behind this game is the conquest and occupation of Cyrodiil and the Inperial City? So rewarding the defense of a keep is, ya know, part of the idea here all along?

It's not like it wasnt rewarded before Summerset.
  • joe.smith21b14_ESO
    joe.smith21b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    How does one message zos directly. I figured out the main reason for this bug and I want to share it with them or show it to them. I still have more to test on how the points add up but I know why it happens.
    Thanks
    Edited by joe.smith21b14_ESO on June 18, 2018 7:12PM
    Smiff
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not sure if people have seen higher - but i had a 240K ap tick at a keep defense the other day. was insane. i was there fighting for about 15 minutes. unreal.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump