The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New AP exploit. Grand overlord possible in 1 week. How suprising !

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Super excited for the update. Exploits...returning bugs and some brand new ones....ZOS continuing to not get the memo that unmitigatable damage is stupid...if I can get someone to kick me in the groin as soon as the update installs it'll be a great week.
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    l:
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is really no way to prevent AP exploits since there isnt any game master ingame.. people are free to do whatever they want and the only way someone will be punished is if he get reported 50x times. Sad times.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deleted because wasnt in best interest of topic

Edited by dtsharples on May 29, 2018 3:27PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    nPHdxaQ.jpg

IM DEAD LMAOOOOO
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @dtsharples You basicly just explained how to exploit that. I think it's not allowed by forum rules also common sense says that if You'll say how to exploit something people will just start to do it even more so I think You should rework Your comment :neutral:
    Edited by Juhasow on May 29, 2018 3:19PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »

edited for exploit reveal

It's really that easy? LOL
    Edited by Apache_Kid on May 29, 2018 3:41PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    @dtsharples You basicly just explained how to exploit that. I think it's not allowed by forum rules also common sense says that if You'll say how to exploit something people will just start to do it even more so I think You should rework Your comment :neutral:

Friend, you can be sure of something, there will always be those who will defend 'strange' practices 'in game'.

;)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Apache_Kid it's even much easier and beneficial if You know how AP gaining rules works. 1 milion AP per hour EASILY. I am pretty sure You could create artificial ticks for 100k+ AP with proper preparation.
    Edited by Juhasow on May 29, 2018 3:46PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Apache_Kid it's even much easier and beneficial if You know how AP gaining rules works. 1 milion AP per hour EASY.

Tbf we should have expected this. Any sort of drastic changes to how AP is generated was bound to come with issues and exploits. Nothing in this game ever works correctly on the first implementation.

Edit: hope it gets fixed b4 it hits us on console.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on May 29, 2018 3:25PM
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats a good point - Doh!
    Will just delete the whole thing. And please delete the quote if possible :)

Wasnt trying to speed up the exploiting lol
  • SASQUATCH0
    SASQUATCH0
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m a little confused on how the new way to earn ap works but is it faster now?
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    @gabriebe Is right its just in those 4-5 hours when things go quiet and some people try to PvD but come up against defence and the defenders rightfuly get nice ticks.

5am Vivec 2 nights ago I made 60k in 40 mins from Saras morning cap. I was solo vs 20-35 AD. Obviously I didn't save anything but the intermediary ticks were nice. If I had had 10 DC with me we woulda got some great ticks and that is fair.

3am Shor 2 nights ago friend did 430k in ~2 hours defending Roebeck with 2 others from an EP nightcap. The 10ish EP had to call guilds for back-up and got their emperor in the end.

9pm Vivec 2 nights ago 1 hour ~80v80v80 to depose DC emp Aleswell. DC did a really good job, was hard work but after we were all really happy + 60k for all, thats not excessive.

If this low pop AP bonus gives more incentive for strong players to fight night/morning cappers then I see no harm.

Its not an exploit, its a change in AP mechanics to encourage defending and more PvP/less PvD which is very much welcome after 2 years of prime time PvD.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And here is in game example. How great player that number 1 must be...

Br5WeUP.jpg.
    Edited by Juhasow on May 29, 2018 11:20PM
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Br5WeUP.jpg.

Lol xD
    raviour wrote: »
    @gabriebe Is right its just in those 4-5 hours when things go quiet and some people try to PvD but come up against defence and the defenders rightfuly get nice ticks.

5am Vivec 2 nights ago I made 60k in 40 mins from Saras morning cap. I was solo vs 20-35 AD. Obviously I didn't save anything but the intermediary ticks were nice. If I had had 10 DC with me we woulda got some great ticks and that is fair.

3am Shor 2 nights ago friend did 430k in ~2 hours defending Roebeck with 2 others from an EP nightcap. The 10ish EP had to call guilds for back-up and got their emperor in the end.

9pm Vivec 2 nights ago 1 hour ~80v80v80 to depose DC emp Aleswell. DC did a really good job, was hard work but after we were all really happy + 60k for all, thats not excessive.

If this low pop AP bonus gives more incentive for strong players to fight night/morning cappers then I see no harm.

Its not an exploit, its a change in AP mechanics to encourage defending and more PvP/less PvD which is very much welcome after 2 years of prime time PvD.

Look at the picture under your post, I highly doubt that he farmed PvDorians in shor for 1 million ap while everyone else is at 150k and less xD
    Edited by Master_Kas on May 30, 2018 4:30AM
    EU | PC
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    That screenshot is very vague to say the least, at least include campaign duration. If this was say 5 hours into a campaign and it was during the night while no.1's own alliance was totally dead and others were active then its totaly possible and credulous in a legit way.

@Juhasow Your initial complaint is weird.

"Now You can get 2x more AP per hour without even AP buff" - Nope its 4x AP and anyone can get it.

"From what I heared there is already one player that got into 1st place on campaign leaderboard because of 2 hours of "grinding" this way which is higly possible since in 1 night he got from somwhere outside 10th place to number one when number one player had ~2,6M AP and number 10 ~500k and it was dead campaign at night when I was leaving it and also dead when I was entering it at morning."

This is the thread topic. Hearsay.

OP thinks 1 night is 2 hours and later posts a blank screen with some AP on it.

@Master_Kas You just jealous of late night / early morning D-Ticks. 2 years of hard PvD and now us solo fail v zerg get more AP than you PvD heroes, mwahahahah.

PvPers deserve the AP not PvE morning zergs. Yall got same Grand Overlord schedule just PvPers get there faster now.
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    I know on NA most of AD went to Shor leaving DC and EP Vivec so I am presuming that is Shor reset as an EP player in a campaign that lacks EP players. I will go look now to see how credulous that screenshot is.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That screenshot is very vague to say the least, at least include campaign duration. If this was say 5 hours into a campaign and it was during the night while no.1's own alliance was totally dead and others were active then its totaly possible and credulous in a legit way.

@Juhasow Your initial complaint is weird.

"Now You can get 2x more AP per hour without even AP buff" - Nope its 4x AP and anyone can get it.

"From what I heared there is already one player that got into 1st place on campaign leaderboard because of 2 hours of "grinding" this way which is higly possible since in 1 night he got from somwhere outside 10th place to number one when number one player had ~2,6M AP and number 10 ~500k and it was dead campaign at night when I was leaving it and also dead when I was entering it at morning."

This is the thread topic. Hearsay.

OP thinks 1 night is 2 hours and later posts a blank screen with some AP on it.

@Master_Kas You just jealous of late night / early morning D-Ticks. 2 years of hard PvD and now us solo fail v zerg get more AP than you PvD heroes, mwahahahah.

PvPers deserve the AP not PvE morning zergs. Yall got same Grand Overlord schedule just PvPers get there faster now.

Learn to understand the context. I said now You can get 2x more AP per hour then You could during double AP event outpost flipping exploit.

I know it happened in 2 hours from someone that was on campaign at that time. I just described story from my perspective that during my 6 hours absence someone got over 2M AP and I know campaign was empty from person that was lurking at it.

The screen is from today and it also happened during dead emptiness on campaign at the morning right after campaign reset.

Also come on You must be really blind to not see that when after few hours of campaign difference between 1st place and everyone else is 10-20 times higher something must be not right.
    Edited by Juhasow on May 30, 2018 6:44AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Br5WeUP.jpg.

I´ve been watching over Shor (PC/EU) for a few months now and I check how much AP the #1 on each faction usually gets. The amount differs between the factions since DC dominates this campaign. But on average the top players have around 2 million AP at the end of the campaing, give or take 100-200k.

Shor is a dead campaign aside from Friday-Sunday. It´s literally impossible to gain 1 million AP within the first few hours after reset in that campaign unless someone spoon-feed you AP (which seems to be happening here). THIS IS NOT LEGIT!!
    It´s Bleaker´s role-play all over again......
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok Its Shor EU the leaderboard shot is from. That person is almost the only EP playing there and they are getting insane ticks from low pop bonus.

Good for them.

I will talk to them later to clear up your paranoias.

If 1 player is the only person fighting for a whole alliance then they deserve that AP.

EP were all in Vivec and Sotha tonight because they had emperor in both campaigns. Look at every other top ten in Shor on both NA and EU and its balanced.

That leaderboard is an EP issue not a Zenimax issue.

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok Its Shor EU the leaderboard shot is from. That person is almost the only EP playing there and they are getting insane ticks from low pop bonus.

Good for them.

If 1 player is the only person fighting for a whole alliance then they deserve that AP.

EP were all in Vivec and Sotha tonight because they had emperor in both campaigns. Look at every other top ten in Shor on both NA and EU and its balanced.

Creating artificial defensive ticks...."playing for the alliance".....good meme..

I´ve even see recording´s from a guild-mate who recorded these kind of things on Shor last week. (then it was DC who farmed AP this way and not EP) As I wrote before, it´s Bleaker´s Roleplay all over again.
    Edited by Qbiken on May 30, 2018 7:07AM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for them.

Fighting for what? There was like no fights up to certain point on Shor. DC had everything and since defense ticks are the most beneficial EP had nothing to defend. Also You really think someone will tell You "yeah I exploited" when You ask him ? It's not paranoya it already happened and will happen even if that particular screen shot wouldnt be showing exploiter.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for them.

Fighting for what? There was like no fights up to certain point on Shor. DC had everything and since defense ticks are the most beneficial EP had nothing to defend. Also You really think someone will tell You "yeah I exploited" when You ask him ? It's not paranoya it already happened and will happen even if that particular screen shot wouldnt be showing exploiter.

Haven´t you heard of the great battle of Arrius farm? :trollface:
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's puzzling to me is the insane ticks for (level 5) resources. If you kill an opposing player in a 1v1 on a level 5 resource you'll get a greater d-tick than on a keep capture often. I was running solo on Sotha Sil yesterday eveming, and had the "capture 9 unique resources" quest. Most of the 50k AP I got in close to an hour was just pimped resource ticks.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If there is something I would hope ZOS would step in and like last time look into accounts which have the AP gains to take action.
    If it's people who abused Bleakers they could be in for a shock though as they only got suspensions last time because it was a grey areas ZOS finally took action on.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The best part of all this is the laughable explanations of how it could be possible.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What we need are snapshots of all 3 factions leaderboards at the same time, to understand the bigger picture.
    Was there someone on DC / AD with an equally huge lead above everyone else at the same time?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    What we need are snapshots of all 3 factions leaderboards at the same time, to understand the bigger picture.
    Was there someone on DC / AD with an equally huge lead above everyone else at the same time?

On AD there where non with that huge lead. On DC there´re 4 people that sits at 1,3-1,5 million AP (on an empty/dead campaign). #5 on DC has 750k AP.

DC and EP are famous for feeding eachother AP on Shor and has been doing it for months. Some of the names on the top on EP/DC took part of the bleaker exploit/farm and now they´re doing the same thing again.....
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    The best part of all this is the laughable explanations of how it could be possible.

Only amusing thing in this conversation are the people who defend this kind of exploit/AP-farm
    Edited by Qbiken on May 30, 2018 9:00PM
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    My DC contacts say they are in-fact farming their friends at keeps and exploiting.

• raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    Obvious D-Tick exploiters should be noticed by a 'police' engine because I think the system currently is fair but idiots gonna exploit using alt accounts and friends like they have for ... years. They spoil it for the rest of us. That play for sport.

Imagine a football match without a referee.

ZoS... employ GameMasters... I am willing to be one.