The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Styles that improve master writs drop chance

Amorpho
Amorpho
✭✭✭✭
I remember reading the pts patch notes that knowing 3 specific motifs would increase the chances of dropping master writs. I remember that one of them was the Apostle motif. What are the other two?
The Gaming Rev
YouTube channel - https://youtube.com/c/TheGamingRev

Characters

PVE
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer - Master Crafter
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Magicka Nightblade, Breton
Stamina Nightblade, Khajiit

PVP
Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
Magicka Templar, Altmer
Stamina Templar, Orsimer
Stamina Dragonknight, Dunmer
Stamina Warden, Orsimer

Aldmeri Dominion - 1700+ CP

XboxOne EU
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that just don't make sense...

sure you weren't baited?

Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The master writ drop rate is tied to overall motif knowledge. The only exception is the base racial motifs (1-9) and crown store exclusive motifs, such as Grim Harlequin or Stahlrhim Frostcaster. Everything else counts.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From the Summerset Patch Notes:

The following Motifs will now contribute to your chance to acquire Master Writs:
    Apostle
    Bloodforge
    Dreadhorn
    Ebonshadow
    Fang Lair
    Scalecaller
    Worm Cult

So previously, those weren't counted, now they are.
    Edited by VaranisArano on June 12, 2018 3:25PM
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    The master writ drop rate is tied to overall motif knowledge. The only exception is the base racial motifs (1-9) and crown store exclusive motifs, such as Grim Harlequin or Stahlrhim Frostcaster. Everything else counts.

Did not know that! Awesome thanks
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • Amorpho
    Amorpho
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do you need a complete knowledge of a motif for it to count towards the master-writs drop-rate? Also, does it affect the quality of the master-writs dropped as well?
    The Gaming Rev

Characters

PVE
    Magicka Templar, Altmer

PVP
    Magicka Sorcerer, Altmer
    Magicka Templar, Altmer
    Stamina Templar, Orsimer
    Stamina Warden, Orsimer

XboxOne EU
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amorpho wrote: »
    Do you need a complete knowledge of a motif for it to count towards the master-writs drop-rate? Also, does it affect the quality of the master-writs dropped as well?

Yes, you need to know compete motif. You need to have the achievement for the style (such as "Xivkyn Style Master") unlocked. Knowing 13 of 14 pages, for example, will not give you achievement and thus no boost to Master Writ drop rate.

Once you get a Master Writ, though, it is random. A character who knows 2 traits and 4 complete motifs can still get a writ worth 305 vouchers if they are lucky. Your master crafter who knows 9 traits and 54 complete motifs needs to depend on getting more Master Writs, not better Master Writs, as the way to build up his stockpile of writ vouchers.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The following Motifs will now contribute to your chance to acquire Master Writs:
    Apostle
    Bloodforge
    Dreadhorn
    Ebonshadow
    Fang Lair
    Scalecaller
    Worm Cult

Scalecaller and Fang Lair are still missing in action. Correct?
  • SilentRaven1972
    SilentRaven1972
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think the code for that is broken. My main knows nearly all motifs, except the more recent dungeon ones and the PVP one...I get junk/none for masters on her. My other characters only know the base racials and the 4 purples that drop all over, and they get the better master writ drops.
    "Such is the nature of evil. Out there in the vast ignorance of the world, it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming wall of night. So it ever was, so will it always be. In time all foul things come forth." -Thranduil
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Apostle
    Bloodforge
    Dreadhorn
    Ebonshadow
    Fang Lair
    Scalecaller
    Worm Cult

Scalecaller and Fang Lair are still missing in action. Correct?

Correct.
  • Onigar
    Onigar
    ✭✭✭
    I have 3 writs in my bank for Fang Lair Style and I know that both Fang Lair and Scalecaller are not yet available in the game.

This made me think about the continuous delta info approach regarding motifs which when known will contribute to increased Master Writ drops.

It is time now I think for ZOS to have a complete statement regarding all the current Motifs. This should not be so hard and I even provide a full list below.

Those not included by default are Alliance Styles and Crown Store Styles.

I have never seen an Ebony style Master Writ so that is pretty sure not included but there is no reason why, it can be purchased quite easily for a few writ vouchers.

Dro-m'athra and Minotaur I am not sure about but I think all the rest up to the 3 new ones for Summerset are included.

In fact there is no reason why any of these Styles up to Summerset Styles should not be included in the list to improve master writ drops other than the ones excluded by default of course.

So please can we have a confirmation statement from a representative :)

1 to 9 Alliance Styles
    10 to 14 Rare Styles
    15 Dwemer Style
    16 Glass Style
    17 Xivkin Style
    18 Akaviri Style
    19 Mercenary Style
    20 Yokudan
    21 Ancient Orc
    22 Trinimac
    23 Malacath
    24 Outlaw
    25 Dominion
    26 Covenant
    27 Pact
    28 Ra Gada
    29 Soul-Shriven
    30 Morag Tong
    31 Skinchanger
    32 Abah's Watch
    33 Thieves Guild
    34 Assassins League
    35 Dro-m'Athra
    36 Dark Brotherhood
    37 Ebony
    38 Draugr
    39 Minotaur
    40 Order of the Hour
    41 Celestial
    42 Hollowjack
    43 Grim Harlequin Crown Store
    44 Silken Ring
    45 Mazzatun
    46 Stalhrim Frostcaster Crown Store
    47 Buoyant Armiger
    48 Ashlander
    49 Militant Ordinator
    50 Telvanni
    51 Hlaalu
    52 Redoran
    53 Clockwork Not Yet Available
    54 Bloodforge
    55 Dreadhorn
    56 Apostle
    57 Ebonshadow
    58 Fang Lair Not Yet Available
    59 Scalecaller Not Yet Available
    60 Worm Cult
    61 Psijic
    62 Sapiarch
    63 Tsaesci Crown Store Not Yet Available
    64 Pyandonean

Edit: typo
    Edited by Onigar on June 13, 2018 5:50PM
    PC EU
    Addon Author:
    Currency Manager: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1998
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Onigar wrote: »
    It is time now I think for ZOS to have a complete statement regarding all the current Motifs. This should not be so hard and I even provide a full list below.

So please can we have a confirmation statement from a representative :)

@ZOS_GinaBruno PLEASE! I have been looking for this info and there are forums posts dating back to the advent of Homestead of people asking for official clarification on exactly which motifs count towards your master writ chances. Is there a reason this is being kept a secret??

It seems the best we've ever gotten is in a comment from @ZOS_Bel_Shezzar from January of 2017 (a year and a half ago) saying this:
    For Blacksmithing, Clothier, and Woodworking, this means motif knowledge and overall completion of trait research. This does not include Crown-exclusive motifs or motifs for the 9 base player races. It focuses on motifs that take some effort to learn – like Xivkyn, or Minotaur, or Celestial.

Over time, the contributing factors for this may expand as the associated tradeskill mechanics do.

This example lists THREE non-racial motifs out of the 40+ that are available in the game and even says that this may change in the future. Well, the future is now. PLEASE GIVE US CLARITY!!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Do you have a source on this? Pls!
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens