The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Worst performance of this game since launch.

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "worst performance of this game since launch"

Worse than when it was impossible to use wayshrines while grouped?

Worse than when gapclosers RELIABLY dropped you through the world?

Worse than when the skybox/terrain was checkerboarded constantly?

Worse than that week when enemy players had a solid chance of not being rendered?

Worse than when Meteors caused lethal fall damage and raids spamming AOES at alliance gates could crash--not just kick people but actually crash--the servers?

Worse than the initial lighting patch clusterflub?

It's bad right now, don't get me wrong, but it's far from the worst it's ever been.

Agreed.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have seen worse. Just after launch half the crates and rocks were just black boxes with question marks inside of them. I will say though, that I really only check my mails since Summerset went live. I usually crash to desktop just from looking in my bank inventory. I agree that it has been way worse but for me it's just been too long of " enough is enough" feelings.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether now is _the_worst_ it's ever been is subjective and really incidental. The real problem is that it's getting worse instead of improving.

For a more relevant time frame, I thought 3.0 (Morrowind) was a very good patch for PVP in terms of overall performance at client, server and gameplay levels. I think it's gotten worse every patch since.

And regardless of the number and severity of the issues we have now, it's really unacceptable that ZOS hasn't acknowledged any of them. It doesn't matter if it is Zenimax and not ZOS is ultimately responsible for the life support status of ESO AvA, it's never okay to treat customers this way. @ZOS_BrianWheeler and @ZOS_GinaBruno can do better.
    Edited by zyk on June 14, 2018 7:16PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There have been periods in the past where performance was worse, but it’s worse now than been in quite a long time, and when you combine that with the cheese that’s rampant right now, I just can’t bring myself to PvP.
  • Mazbt
    Mazbt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance hasn't been too bad for me when I'm ungrouped, but in a large group I find that it's 50% worse. From my perspective.
    Mazari the Resurrected (AD)- PVP stamplar main
    Maz the Druid - PVP group stam warden
    - many others
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    In fact PvP generate same amount of money as PvE does. PvP players push their gears (and collateral costs), consumables (and ofc materials cost tons of gold) to redundant level, such that PvP players actually taking part in at least half of the in game economy.

Crown store -wise, everyone can be willing to purchase stuffs from the store no matter which playstyle / orientation that person is into.

Dunno why PvP is still at the bottom of foodchain. Same amount of attention / QoS are needed on PvP portion of the game.

Edit: typo.

That might be true on a per player basis, but estimates indicate AvA is only played by a tiny portion of the playerbase. We can gain insight on how popular it is by earning a nominal amount of AP on a character that had none on the current cycle of the leaderboard of a campaign. Its rank will tell us the number of characters ahead of it. It is typically a few thousand per faction. That's not individual accounts, but characters. To put that into perspective, Fortinite just hit 125M players. Counterstrike GO peaks at about 400k per day. This is not a popular PVP game.

I haven't checked myself recently, I don't know if the AP earned through daily rewards contributes to a character's home campaign, so it's possible this method is no longer accurate.

Contrast that to the claims ZOS has made about how successful ESO is with millions of players, it's clear why we are at the bottom of the totem pole.

I don't think it's justified. ZOS sold us a product they haven't finished. It has never worked properly and they haven't completed their vision of the AvA game described to us. It's unethical that they've simply given up when Zenimax, it is presumed, is awash in cash as one of the largest publishers in gaming. They have the resources to finish what they've started, but all indications suggest they've simply given up.

So here we are. Players can move through invisible repaired walls and weeks later, no one @ ZOS will even acknowledge it.

The way I see it, this game's core audience is players who enjoyed modding Skyrim. It has become something like a paid online version of Skyrim Nexus.

Nailed it.
    Lag is so bad . Now I can get 72fps , 300 ping and still crash lol for some reason . Port forwarded to server , no add Ons , deleted saved variables folder for addons , reset modem , prayed to Akitosh , meditated near reflecting pool , turned modem east towards Mecca an still poof and crash in PvP .

But have you tried disabling addons or restarting your router? Perhaps you should check to see if you have a valid internet connection?
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, I honestly don't know how some of you all have endured this type of performance for 4+ years now while also being completely ignored by ZOS. I've only been playing for a year and half, and I'm close to my breaking point with this games PvP. ZOS clearly doesn't care about the PvP community for whatever reason. I've never seen a game developer just blatantly ignore the communities suggestions and advice for so long, it's disgusting.

I'd say 75% of the time I'm playing in Cyrodiil I feel as though I'm fighting with lag instead of any actual player. How are you supposed to tell if you've improved when the majority of the time you don't really know if you got simply outplayed or just died to lag, desync, skills simply not working, etc.

Because when the game works it can be one of the best pvp experiences you will have, the combat system in this game was very well designed and many of us have memories and nostalgia from those first few weeks after launch when the performance was really decent. Problem is that those windows of good performance are very slim these days. I think that what drives most of the frustration from the pvp community is that you can see a well designed pvp game underneath a ton of bad design choices from subsequent content releases and those bad design choices continue to be implemented update after update without the necessary development resources to keep pace with the increasing server load. I just scratch my head trying to figure out the thought process behind adding addition proc sets into the game while knowing that proc sets strain server performance.....I dunno.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Check out the Server Issue thread I made in my sig I'm blasting ZOS for this performance... Summerlag!
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling