The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Worst performance of this game since launch.

Anazasi
Anazasi
✭✭✭✭✭
really ZOS fix this game, fix the faction floppers, fix the metorer immobilize bug and get rid of the cheaters. This is all my money should be going towards.
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your money is going to the executives' purchase of a new a McLaren. ESO server performance is the last thing on their minds.
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact PvP generate same amount of money as PvE does. PvP players push their gears (and collateral costs), consumables (and ofc materials cost tons of gold) to redundant level, such that PvP players actually taking part in at least half of the in game economy.

Crown store -wise, everyone can be willing to purchase stuffs from the store no matter which playstyle / orientation that person is into.

Dunno why PvP is still at the bottom of foodchain. Same amount of attention / QoS are needed on PvP portion of the game.

Edit: typo.
    Edited by WaltherCarraway on June 13, 2018 3:15AM
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In fact PvP generate same amount of money as PvE does. PvP players push their gears (and collateral costs), consumables (and ofc materials cost tons of gold) to redundant level, such that PvP players actually taking part in at least half of the in game economy.

Crown store -wise, everyone can be willing to purchase stuffs from the store no matter which playstyle / orientation that person is into.

Dunno why PvP is still at the bottom of foodchain. Same amount of attention / QoS are needed on PvP portion of the game.

That might be true on a per player basis, but estimates indicate AvA is only played by a tiny portion of the playerbase. We can gain insight on how popular it is by earning a nominal amount of AP on a character that had none on the current cycle of the leaderboard of a campaign. Its rank will tell us the number of characters ahead of it. It is typically a few thousand per faction. That's not individual accounts, but characters. To put that into perspective, Fortinite just hit 125M players. Counterstrike GO peaks at about 400k per day. This is not a popular PVP game.

I haven't checked myself recently, I don't know if the AP earned through daily rewards contributes to a character's home campaign, so it's possible this method is no longer accurate.

Contrast that to the claims ZOS has made about how successful ESO is with millions of players, it's clear why we are at the bottom of the totem pole.

I don't think it's justified. ZOS sold us a product they haven't finished. It has never worked properly and they haven't completed their vision of the AvA game described to us. It's unethical that they've simply given up when Zenimax, it is presumed, is awash in cash as one of the largest publishers in gaming. They have the resources to finish what they've started, but all indications suggest they've simply given up.

So here we are. Players can move through invisible repaired walls and weeks later, no one @ ZOS will even acknowledge it.

The way I see it, this game's core audience is players who enjoyed modding Skyrim. It has become something like a paid online version of Skyrim Nexus.
    Edited by zyk on June 13, 2018 3:45AM
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »

That might be true on a per player basis, but estimates indicate AvA is only played by a tiny portion of the playerbase. We can gain insight on how popular it is by earning a nominal amount of AP on a character that had none on the current cycle of the leaderboard of a campaign. Its rank will tell us the number of characters ahead of it. It is typically a few thousand per faction. That's not individual accounts, but characters. To put that into perspective, Fortinite just hit 125M players. Counterstrike GO peaks at about 400k per day. This is not a popular PVP game.

I haven't checked myself recently, I don't know if the AP earned through daily rewards contributes to a character's home campaign, so it's possible this method is no longer accurate.

Contrast that to the claims ZOS has made about how successful ESO is with millions of players, it's clear why we are at the bottom of the totem pole.

I don't think it's justified. ZOS sold us a product they haven't finished. It has never worked properly and they haven't completed their vision of the AvA game described to us. It's unethical that they've simply given up when Zenimax, it is presumed, is awash in cash as one of the largest publishers in gaming. They have the resources to finish what they've started, but all indications suggest they've simply given up.

So here we are. Players can move through invisible repaired walls and weeks later, no one @ ZOS will even acknowledge it.

The way I see it, this game's core audience is players who enjoyed modding Skyrim. It has become something like a paid online version of Skyrim Nexus.

I agree. very insightful.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it took me quite a while to figure out (to some small degree) how this game worked...

right about that time they had just introduced the destro ults into the game...

I remember the first time I was up on the inner wall at ash firing a ballista out beyond the outer wall where some allies and enemies were engaged - and, watching all those destro ults going off...

my very first thought - wow, that looks awesome...followed very closely by - well gee, this can't be good for performance...

same exact thought when I saw trees going up everywhere...i don't think time stop is doing us any favors...

just wait until everyone is slotting undo...
    Edited by geonsocal on June 13, 2018 6:35AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS doesnt care. No money income from AW.
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Jadokis
    Jadokis
    ✭✭✭
    Lighting patch and south georgia say hello.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    really ZOS fix this game, fix the faction floppers, fix the metorer immobilize bug and get rid of the cheaters. This is all my money should be going towards.

2/3 things you mentioned have nothing to do with performance. But I agree, something should be done about how bad the games performance has become. I started getting the fps bug where it drops down super low, like under 10 and stays there until i change zones.
    The last 2 or 3 maintenance claimed to fix it, but it keeps happening. :(
    Edited by Akinos on June 13, 2018 12:46PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

2/3 things you mentioned have nothing to do with performance. But I agree, something should be done about how bad the games performance has become. I started getting the fps bug where it drops down super low, like under 10 and stays there until i change zones.

It wouldn’t be a Taran post without blaming the faction hackers.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

I have had this for many, many patches and tried numerous things to fix, including a full reinstall. Nothing has really worked.

Its the most noticable in cyrodiil where you rarely change zones to refresh it. Even after entering a delve, returning to a keep or small scale fight brings it right back once its settled in.
    Force quitting the game and starting with a new client is the only temporary solution.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1. Zos continues to work on the games performance. Without actual detail Zos probably cannot respond to the thread.
    2. Zos will not go back to faction locks. It was not good for the game at launch and no reason to think it is good now. The small percentage that hop around have little affect. Certainly no one has provided good information to the contrary.
  • King_Thelon
    King_Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mark Jacobs will save us
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tons of laggspikes all the time even when campaigns are half-full. Its demoralizing af

PC EU
    PvP only
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    VIVEC PC EUROPE is UNPLAYABLE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constantly get booted out to login screen after I got stuck or everything freeze around me!

Ping goes crazy 120-300 ms!

Second time tonight I can't even login on my Warden as she is in Cyrodiil and game constantly time out.
    And when I login I am dead...

Cyrodiil performance after Summerset patch is getting worse and worse.
    umagon wrote: »
    Your money is going to the executives' purchase of a new a McLaren. ESO server performance is the last thing on their minds.
    I always type that ZeniMax Media is problem, but you are indirectly right. Just look who is in the Board of Directors. Those people really care about gaming /s.
    https://www.zenimax.com/about
    Edited by exiars10 on June 13, 2018 8:14PM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »

1. Zos continues to work on the games performance. Without actual detail Zos probably cannot respond to the thread.
    2. Zos will not go back to faction locks. It was not good for the game at launch and no reason to think it is good now. The small percentage that hop around have little affect. Certainly no one has provided good information to the contrary.

What is your proof for #1? They say they've been "working on it" for years.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »
    VIVEC PC EUROPE is UNPLAYABLE TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Constantly get booted out to login screen after I got stuck or everything freeze around me!

Ping goes crazy 120-300 ms!

Second time tonight I can't even login on my Warden as she is in Cyrodiil and game constantly time out.
    And when I login I am dead...

Cyrodiil performance after Summerset patch is getting worse and worse.
    umagon wrote: »
    I always type that ZeniMax Media is problem, but you are indirectly right. Just look who is in the Board of Directors. Those people really care about gaming /s.
    https://www.zenimax.com/about

Especially the mini-loading screens, random red sky, random structures flashing in your face for a split second..
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it´s true :(
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This time it's poisons, it's all poisons! Causing the bugs, causing the lag...everyone take poisons off your bars! lol

But more seriously, the split second load screens stopping my progression while on my mount are still happening. The server (vivec NA) spit me out twice last night near BRK. I wasn't even fighting anyone yet, and not even in view of the massive battle going on. My ping was constantly in the yellow hovering around 200 (yes, I know, much worse for many other people), and my skills were having problems activating. All of this on just medium settings. I also know better than to run a good number of Add-ons that pretain to PvE stuff, like Map Pin's, Harvest map, etc. Have all those turned off in Cryodiil.

All the PvP regulars are starting to come back. All the kids will be out of school if they aren't already. This does not bode well for server performance in the foreseeable future right now. Yet Blades will be free to play!?!?! (im sure some micro transactions are going to happen) Another franchise game is announced that will have "Next Gen" servers?!?! How about the games your supposed to be supporting "right now" ZoS/ Bethesda??

"The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    idk wrote: »

What is your proof for #1? They say they've been "working on it" for years.

I believe they have improved the server tech. However, all improvements have been offset by other factors:

- proc sets: last year Brian Wheeler explained proc sets contribute to a higher server load because they add evaluations based on their conditions. for some sets, that's every cast/use; this isn't just the obvious culprits but sets like transmutation and earthgore too

- ults like the destro ult and sleet storm make zergs even more laggy; especially when they use a proc set vicious death which triggers more evaluations

- players knowing how to play: they have a much higher command rate than those who don't know how to play. for example, they move more often, weave light/heavy attacks more often and use abilities immediately after every gcd in combat

- gameplay design that encourages stacking at group and faction levels

- plus many other factors

Basically, they keep taking one step forward and three steps back.

All of this is to say that they don't necessarily have to improve the server to improve the lag. They could also see significant gains by detaching PVE and PVP game design and create gameplay based around the limitations of the current server tech.

Like if you recognize proc sets hurt AvA server performance and AvA server performance hasn't been acceptable for years, then stop adding more proc sets!
    Edited by zyk on June 14, 2018 1:15AM
  • helios777
    helios777
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I lost an open world 1v1 to a basic no name stam DK because of lag. That is all.
    Grand Warlord HAXERUS. One of the last OG Mag DKs.
    Mag DK through Thick and Thin.
    Retired from Cyrodiil until they finally decide to fix the performance, which is probably never.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    helios777 wrote: »
    Hi, I lost an open world 1v1 to a basic no name stam DK because of lag. That is all.

Gotta throw the whole game away now
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I am done with ESO for a longer period of time.
    ESO_Plus_canceled.jpg

I'll just log in for daily rewards and to do writs, sell goods in my trading guild (so I won't get booted out) and that's it.
    PvE has so many issues (and I am very disappointed by Summerset chapter), but performance in Cyrodiil is constantly degrading since Summerset.

The last night most talk in AD zone chat was about performance. I don't remember fellow AD players talked so much how bad performance was. I can tolerate a lot, but this became unacceptable:
    - getting stuck or everything freeze
    - then I got booted to login screen
    - can't login - please check your internet connection
    - abilities don't react when I click so I have to click again which most of time screws you
    - ping going all over the place (120-300+ ms) when normally is under 100
    - under 20 fps in huge fights!
    - desync
    - Rune Cage
    - missing textures
    - and so on (covered by others)...

People always type how stamina Warden is OP in PvP. I agree class is top for PvP - the problem is class is so much bugged that I earn noticable less AP per hour than on NB or Sorcerer just because of the sheer amount of bugs!

Also huge negative review coming to Steam in the near future. I know mostly nobody cares but if somebody decides to not buy ESO after reading it... Then good.

ZeniMax Media doesn't care so why should I? ZMM is run by businessmen (which is all right) but who refuse to invest into business except for marketing and new content but just barely. Every ZMM subsidiary LACKS serious manpower and I wonder why? It's not just ZOS lacks manpower - every ZMM subsidiary lacks it including ZMM itself!
    Look at ZOS job offers - 31!!! And that is constantly open.

Don't kid yourself - there is simply not enough manpower and obviously they can't find new one - nothing will change on better! There is simply nobody to do work / properly do job. Solution - concentrate on marketing, crunching new content and completely ignore everything else.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t we all love this new “megaserver” technology that was going to revolutionize the mmorpg industry? I remember all the promises and lies from the start. Feel like a kid waiting on the porch for his crappy dad to show up, getting excited every new car that rolls down the street, but never does show up. Serious letdown for the PvP that was advertised at launch and years after. July 4th Cyrodiil will have way better performance as I know a few hundred personality that won’t be there.
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I like how everyone thinks that CU beta is gnna draw loads of players away from the game
    Firstly it's an early beta not a complete game by any means . Secondly it's not gnna always be running.

I'll also be checking it out but it's certainly not gnna replace eso as my go to for a long while unless they really surprise me.
    Edited by Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO on June 14, 2018 11:42AM
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • CerebralNoise
    CerebralNoise
    ✭✭
    I have to say, I honestly don't know how some of you all have endured this type of performance for 4+ years now while also being completely ignored by ZOS. I've only been playing for a year and half, and I'm close to my breaking point with this games PvP. ZOS clearly doesn't care about the PvP community for whatever reason. I've never seen a game developer just blatantly ignore the communities suggestions and advice for so long, it's disgusting.

I'd say 75% of the time I'm playing in Cyrodiil I feel as though I'm fighting with lag instead of any actual player. How are you supposed to tell if you've improved when the majority of the time you don't really know if you got simply outplayed or just died to lag, desync, skills simply not working, etc.
    PC/NA

Raelisan - AD MagNB
    Visceralie - EP StamNB

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lag is so bad . Now I can get 72fps , 300 ping and still crash lol for some reason . Port forwarded to server , no add Ons , deleted saved variables folder for addons , reset modem , prayed to Akitosh , meditated near reflecting pool , turned modem east towards Mecca an still poof and crash in PvP .
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say, I honestly don't know how some of you all have endured this type of performance for 4+ years now while also being completely ignored by ZOS. I've only been playing for a year and half, and I'm close to my breaking point with this games PvP. ZOS clearly doesn't care about the PvP community for whatever reason. I've never seen a game developer just blatantly ignore the communities suggestions and advice for so long, it's disgusting.

I'd say 75% of the time I'm playing in Cyrodiil I feel as though I'm fighting with lag instead of any actual player. How are you supposed to tell if you've improved when the majority of the time you don't really know if you got simply outplayed or just died to lag, desync, skills simply not working, etc.

Because if you stuck around after lighting patch then you experienced way way worse performance then we have now :P
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • CerebralNoise
    CerebralNoise
    ✭✭

Because if you stuck around after lighting patch then you experienced way way worse performance then we have now :P

Yea, "lighting patch" just sounds like a recipe for disaster on performance lol
    PC/NA

Raelisan - AD MagNB
    Visceralie - EP StamNB

• PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the 4th day of July... look to the east and UNCHAIN yourselves from this madness that has CAME ALOT from ZOS... ;)
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "worst performance of this game since launch"

Worse than when it was impossible to use wayshrines while grouped?

Worse than when gapclosers RELIABLY dropped you through the world?

Worse than when the skybox/terrain was checkerboarded constantly?

Worse than that week when enemy players had a solid chance of not being rendered?

Worse than when Meteors caused lethal fall damage and raids spamming AOES at alliance gates could crash--not just kick people but actually crash--the servers?

Worse than the initial lighting patch clusterflub?

It's bad right now, don't get me wrong, but it's far from the worst it's ever been.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub