Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

TIMESTOP a little too good?

Gprime31
Gprime31
✭✭✭✭
This skill is good in pvp....very good....too good?!?
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Have not tried it but I hear things
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puzzlenuts wrote: »
    Have not tried it but I hear things

it can stop you mid charge animation of crit charge and shield charge and completely cancel the ability out.
  • bottleofsyrup
    bottleofsyrup
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also takes forever to break free from. Worse than fear and rune cage.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you can break free from it? ive hit the break free button alot everytime it never breaks it
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gprime31 wrote: »

I mean, it kinda is what it is. It would be one thing if it’s length was balanced off of your max magicka for some diversity, but it’s a great back bar skill now because it doesn’t matter if you are a fully geared out 60k magic sorc or a stam toon just looking for a magic dump ... it’s utility is the exact same. As long as you have enough magic to cast it once ... which everyone does ... you can use it. Adding in that it’s the first skill in a line that a lot of people might not ever level past 2 and ZOS is essentially begging it to be used everywhere.

Without fully changing everything about it, I don’t see how it can be changed. If you increase the cost, who cares? It’s only able to be casted once at a time already. You can’t take the time freeze part away from it because the name is FREEZE TIME. Even lowering the slow down period of it would just lead to it getting spammed more. Increase that to say 6 seconds and then it becomes useless ... I think ... maybe it’s more useful? I really don’t know.

Long story short it’s absolutely a game changer and now that it’s out of the bag there is no going back. I’ve been freezing people with this and letting Illambris do my job of finishing them all week. I don’t plan on changing.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean, it kinda is what it is. It would be one thing if it’s length was balanced off of your max magicka for some diversity, but it’s a great back bar skill now because it doesn’t matter if you are a fully geared out 60k magic sorc or a stam toon just looking for a magic dump ... it’s utility is the exact same. As long as you have enough magic to cast it once ... which everyone does ... you can use it. Adding in that it’s the first skill in a line that a lot of people might not ever level past 2 and ZOS is essentially begging it to be used everywhere.

Without fully changing everything about it, I don’t see how it can be changed. If you increase the cost, who cares? It’s only able to be casted once at a time already. You can’t take the time freeze part away from it because the name is FREEZE TIME. Even lowering the slow down period of it would just lead to it getting spammed more. Increase that to say 6 seconds and then it becomes useless ... I think ... maybe it’s more useful? I really don’t know.

Long story short it’s absolutely a game changer and now that it’s out of the bag there is no going back. I’ve been freezing people with this and letting Illambris do my job of finishing them all week. I don’t plan on changing.

right after the patch fell i saw a whole line of timestops stop a whole zerg and it got ran over by the enemy zerg this ability is kinda op
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Watch ZOS increase the cast time to 45 seconds and reduce the size to 0.5 meters.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    One more thing ... in its defense it’s a fantastic defense for ball groups that spam the destro ult in a train. Nothing quite like watching 14 people all uselessly waste their ultimate as half of them die since they never learned how to PvP in PvP.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on June 13, 2018 7:23PM
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Watch ZOS increase the cast time to 45 seconds and reduce the size to 0.5 meters.

lol hope not...goes good with my argonian magdk, unkillable..unlimited sustain.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

just make it where it cant stop charge abilities and i dont think itd be that bad tbh its easy to get around its just if your using a ability that has you charging you cant just stop.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

right after the patch fell i saw a whole line of timestops stop a whole zerg and it got ran over by the enemy zerg this ability is kinda op

In Zerg on Zerg warfare just one good player with this move can win the battle. I like casting it into a Ice Comet personally.
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In Zerg on Zerg warfare just one good player with this move can win the battle. I like casting it into a Ice Comet personally.

theres only one thing that i say is wrong with this ability and its if your using a charge ability it stops you mid animation which is kindve messed up since you cant do anything about it.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

theres only one thing that i say is wrong with this ability and its if your using a charge ability it stops you mid animation which is kindve messed up since you cant do anything about it.

True. As someone who has admitted many times to being that jerk who hides behind people in an effort to melt entire groups - and whose biggest weakness is being gap closed - they never should have given me this. Haha.

I mean I appreciate it. But, yeah, kinda sucks for you guys.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One more thing ... in its defense it’s a fantastic defense for ball groups that spam the destro ult in a train. Nothing quite like watching 14 people all uselessly waste their ultimate as half of them die since they never learned how to PvP in PvP.

I agree. Also great for healbot ball groups.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭

lol hope not...goes good with my argonian magdk, unkillable..unlimited sustain.

dude, how about showing us your "unkillable" argonian magdk build, instead of bragging all over the forum about it?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And there you have it. So which is worse ... a world where we have destro trains or one where we have a very common counter for it? Not sure if you want to fix a problem with another problem but that’s kinda the way ESO has gone since the days when Vicious Death was released. Every problem this game has ever had, aside from lag, has historically been “solved” with a new set or skill.
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Look, another attempt by pvpers to ruin an unique feature.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Still waiting on those vids! ;)
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you can break free from it? ive hit the break free button alot everytime it never breaks it

Agreed, I can spam break free all I want then maybe the last nano-second it'll break free. This is an unbreakable CC in Cyrodiil that just ruins you.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Facefister wrote: »

PvP players would LOVE to have a shred of attention that pve gets when it comes to content........could you imagine if pve was just the base game +1 dlc since launch?

That's how pvp feels......

....but for the record, it's not our fault ZoS does not balance them separately so dont blame us
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭

I see you’d rather play pve, I guess if you don’t want a challenge....
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Still waiting on those vids! ;)

Hahaha! I really tried 2 days ago. There was something in my settings that wouldn’t let me post them.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And there you have it. So which is worse ... a world where we have destro trains or one where we have a very common counter for it? Not sure if you want to fix a problem with another problem but that’s kinda the way ESO has gone since the days when Vicious Death was released. Every problem this game has ever had, aside from lag, has historically been “solved” with a new set or skill.

I’m not sure what the answer is. I’ve encountered both and both are frustrating, brain dead gameplay.

In CP, the most frustrating thing I’ve encountered is EMP Destro bomb Zerg groups all running the same setup.
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »

PvP players would LOVE to have a shred of attention that pve gets when it comes to content........could you imagine if pve was just the base game +1 dlc since launch?

....but for the record, it's not our fault ZoS does not balance them separately so dont blame us

Except the only attention pvp'ers seem to want is nerfs to something if it interferes with you being able to EASILY kill things. PVP'ers BEG for more challenge, but then when it's actually there with a powerful build, or set, or skill, then it's crying for nerfs because it too hard to beat. What is it you actually want? The only time I see pvp threads is when its "nerf this! and nerf that!" or "i used to be pvp god until this set, now I suck. nerf it!"

I mean is it any wonder why they don't pay that much attention to the PVP in this game since none of the players is ever satisfied with anything ever?
    Edited by JJBoomer on June 13, 2018 7:53PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I’m not sure what the answer is. I’ve encountered both and both are frustrating, brain dead gameplay.

In CP, the most frustrating thing I’ve encountered is EMP Destro bomb Zerg groups all running the same setup.

I’ve found that many people in various video games ranging from MMOs like ESO to handheld freemium games like South Park Phone Destroyer, often try to speed up the action as much as possible. Slowing it down to a crawl often infuriates those folks. I certainly wouldn’t call that brain dead. It works in sports a lot too as a common defense for a great offense in soccer, football, and basketball is just to slow it down. Seems logical if nothing else.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I’ve found that many people in various video games ranging from MMOs like ESO to handheld freemium games like South Park Phone Destroyer, often try to speed up the action as much as possible. Slowing it down to a crawl often infuriates those folks. I certainly wouldn’t call that brain dead. It works in sports a lot too as a common defense for a great offense in soccer, football, and basketball is just to slow it down. Seems logical if nothing else.

I don’t have anything against the time stop skill at all. I used it just the other night on a notorious healbot Zerg group. Stunned and ulti dumped. Wiped.

-Berj Stoneheart
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don’t have anything against the time stop skill at all. I used it just the other night on a notorious healbot Zerg group. Stunned and ulti dumped. Wiped.

Perfectly done! Haha.

I was posting on Sunday that I was surprised how few people were complaining about Sloads instead of Time Stop during the 2 week PC only period. Have of the responses were “it’s useless in PVP brah” to which I laughed.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on June 13, 2018 8:05PM
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because every MMO which wants to succeed, sees PvP as a feature, a minigame, instead of content. You should be happy that they care at all.

I see you’d rather play pve, I guess if you don’t want a challenge....
    I take my challenges on a competitive shooter scene, not on a game where equipment and amount of people in my team determines the outcome.
    Edited by Facefister on June 13, 2018 8:07PM
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »

Except the only attention pvp'ers seem to want is nerfs to something if it interferes with you being able to EASILY kill things. PVP'ers BEG for more challenge, but then when it's actually there with a powerful build, or set, or skill, then it's crying for nerfs because it too hard to beat. What is it you actually want? The only time I see pvp threads is when its "nerf this! and nerf that!" or "i used to be pvp god until this set, now I suck. nerf it!"

I mean is it any wonder why they don't pay that much attention to the PVP in this game since none of the players is ever satisfied with anything ever?

Dont lump me in with them, I dont ever ask for nerfs, you know why?

Because people will ALWAYS migrate to whatever is the cheesiest. I just play the game and complain about zos and their crap servers/competence.

Besides, the only class I have enjoyed playing since beta has been through great times and some bad times, and the entire time I have never once asked for a nerf sooooo yea :)

But them other cool kids, yea they always want nerfs when they cant win. I just either win or die and then respawn like the rest of the people who dont care.

Edit: phone corrected nerf to nerds lol had to change that
    Edited by OGLezard on June 13, 2018 8:28PM
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Perfectly done! Haha.

I was posting on Sunday that I was surprised how few people were complaining about Sloads instead of Time Stop during the 2 week PC only period. Have of the responses were “it’s useless in PVP brah” to which I laughed.

It’s really good in PvP. Especially combined with negates.

I still content sloads isn’t that big of an issue.
    -Berj Stoneheart