The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

TIMESTOP a little too good?

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup, those ball groups, spam AOE heals and DOTS, can get torn up with timestop.
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh look another nerf thread
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OGLezard wrote: »
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    Facefister wrote: »
    Look, another attempt by pvpers to ruin an unique feature.

PvP players would LOVE to have a shred of attention that pve gets when it comes to content........could you imagine if pve was just the base game +1 dlc since launch?

That's how pvp feels......

....but for the record, it's not our fault ZoS does not balance them separately so dont blame us

Except the only attention pvp'ers seem to want is nerfs to something if it interferes with you being able to EASILY kill things. PVP'ers BEG for more challenge, but then when it's actually there with a powerful build, or set, or skill, then it's crying for nerfs because it too hard to beat. What is it you actually want? The only time I see pvp threads is when its "nerf this! and nerf that!" or "i used to be pvp god until this set, now I suck. nerf it!"

I mean is it any wonder why they don't pay that much attention to the PVP in this game since none of the players is ever satisfied with anything ever?

Dont lump me in with them, I dont ever ask for nerfs, you know why?

Because people will ALWAYS migrate to whatever is the cheesiest. I just play the game and complain about zos and their crap servers/competence.

Besides, the only class I have enjoyed playing since beta has been through great times and some bad times, and the entire time I have never once asked for a nerf sooooo yea :)

But them other cool kids, yea they always want nerfs when they cant win. I just either win or die and then respawn like the rest of the people who dont care.

Edit: phone corrected nerf to nerds lol had to change that

Slow clap.

#nonerfarmy

It gonna do what it do baby. - Ray Charles when asked about PVP in ESO (I think)
  • fatmanatcomp
    fatmanatcomp
    ✭✭✭
    I thought we all had time stop as a passive in cyrodiil at the moment !
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought we all had time stop as a passive in cyrodiil at the moment !

No, that’s Game Freeze. It’s found under the Order of Lag skill line. You unlock it by completing 24 consecutive hours in Cyrodiil without disconnecting, and by finding 1839 lorebooks that are only available with an ESO+ subscription or in Crown Crates.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

PvP players would LOVE to have a shred of attention that pve gets when it comes to content........could you imagine if pve was just the base game +1 dlc since launch?

....but for the record, it's not our fault ZoS does not balance them separately so dont blame us

Except the only attention pvp'ers seem to want is nerfs to something if it interferes with you being able to EASILY kill things. PVP'ers BEG for more challenge, but then when it's actually there with a powerful build, or set, or skill, then it's crying for nerfs because it too hard to beat. What is it you actually want? The only time I see pvp threads is when its "nerf this! and nerf that!" or "i used to be pvp god until this set, now I suck. nerf it!"

I mean is it any wonder why they don't pay that much attention to the PVP in this game since none of the players is ever satisfied with anything ever?

Dont lump me in with them, I dont ever ask for nerfs, you know why?

Because people will ALWAYS migrate to whatever is the cheesiest. I just play the game and complain about zos and their crap servers/competence.

Besides, the only class I have enjoyed playing since beta has been through great times and some bad times, and the entire time I have never once asked for a nerf sooooo yea :)

But them other cool kids, yea they always want nerfs when they cant win. I just either win or die and then respawn like the rest of the people who dont care.

Edit: phone corrected nerf to nerds lol had to change that

Slow clap.

#nonerfarmy

It gonna do what it do baby. - Ray Charles when asked about PVP in ESO (I think)

@THEDKEXPERIENCE

/bow

Thanks!!!

Pretty sure Ray Charles was playing eso on an Alexa like in betheads skyrim:very special edition for Alexa trailer ;)

https://youtu.be/FnEW6dX_BmU
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    Gprime31 wrote: »
    This skill is good in pvp....very good....too good?!?

I mean, it kinda is what it is. It would be one thing if it’s length was balanced off of your max magicka for some diversity, but it’s a great back bar skill now because it doesn’t matter if you are a fully geared out 60k magic sorc or a stam toon just looking for a magic dump ... it’s utility is the exact same. As long as you have enough magic to cast it once ... which everyone does ... you can use it. Adding in that it’s the first skill in a line that a lot of people might not ever level past 2 and ZOS is essentially begging it to be used everywhere.

Without fully changing everything about it, I don’t see how it can be changed. If you increase the cost, who cares? It’s only able to be casted once at a time already. You can’t take the time freeze part away from it because the name is FREEZE TIME. Even lowering the slow down period of it would just lead to it getting spammed more. Increase that to say 6 seconds and then it becomes useless ... I think ... maybe it’s more useful? I really don’t know.

Long story short it’s absolutely a game changer and now that it’s out of the bag there is no going back. I’ve been freezing people with this and letting Illambris do my job of finishing them all week. I don’t plan on changing.

right after the patch fell i saw a whole line of timestops stop a whole zerg and it got ran over by the enemy zerg this ability is kinda op

Its strange you label it OP after your description of what you saw makes it sound very balanced.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean, it kinda is what it is. It would be one thing if it’s length was balanced off of your max magicka for some diversity, but it’s a great back bar skill now because it doesn’t matter if you are a fully geared out 60k magic sorc or a stam toon just looking for a magic dump ... it’s utility is the exact same. As long as you have enough magic to cast it once ... which everyone does ... you can use it. Adding in that it’s the first skill in a line that a lot of people might not ever level past 2 and ZOS is essentially begging it to be used everywhere.

Without fully changing everything about it, I don’t see how it can be changed. If you increase the cost, who cares? It’s only able to be casted once at a time already. You can’t take the time freeze part away from it because the name is FREEZE TIME. Even lowering the slow down period of it would just lead to it getting spammed more. Increase that to say 6 seconds and then it becomes useless ... I think ... maybe it’s more useful? I really don’t know.

Long story short it’s absolutely a game changer and now that it’s out of the bag there is no going back. I’ve been freezing people with this and letting Illambris do my job of finishing them all week. I don’t plan on changing.

right after the patch fell i saw a whole line of timestops stop a whole zerg and it got ran over by the enemy zerg this ability is kinda op

In Zerg on Zerg warfare just one good player with this move can win the battle. I like casting it into a Ice Comet personally.

theres only one thing that i say is wrong with this ability and its if your using a charge ability it stops you mid animation which is kindve messed up since you cant do anything about it.

Every CC in the game does this
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time stops trash. Pop an immovable once it starts and you’re good. Elusive Mist even works. Trash.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time stops trash. Pop an immovable once it starts and you’re good. Elusive Mist even works. Trash.

So many people like to neglect these...... or even rapid maneuver, forward momentum, and any other ability that grants snare immunity so you cant be slowed and can dodge roll out of it before it pops.

Or, immovable and elusive mist. I honestly believe ,and I mean nothing bad with it, that people who think this skill is extremely op also stand in stupid and wonder why the healer didnt heal them
    Edited by OGLezard on June 13, 2018 11:31PM
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That’s what I do.

But a lot of people don’t, so they get the business.

It’s from the same family of “just block a meteor”. I do it. Many people don’t. So they get the business too. Such is life on console.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So many people like to neglect these...... or even rapid maneuver, forward momentum, and any other ability that grants snare immunity so you cant be slowed and can dodge roll out of it before it pops.

Or, immovable and elusive mist. I honestly believe ,and I mean nothing bad with it, that people who think this skill is extremely op also stand in stupid and wonder why the healer didnt heal them

I was in a huge fight in a keep with the wall knocked down. The guys on the flag basically spammed Time Stop at the breech. I’d pop an immovable and fight at the flag along with some other guy. Everyone else stood in that crap and died. Me and the other guy fighting on the flag would fight our way back out and Rez people. This guy went NUTS in zone telling people “TAKE THE REZ!” and “”WTF you never heard of immovables!” Apparently, they hadn’t lol.

That’s what I do.

It’s from the same family of “just block a meteor”. I do it. Many people don’t. So they get the business too. Such is life on console.

I unno, Time Stop to me is trash. I duel a lot with a beta MagDk who talons powerlash, fossilize powerlash me to death alla time. I WISH I could use immovables against HIM hehehehe but it’s not honorable in a duel. BUT I use them in Cyrodill against EVERYBODY else lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on June 14, 2018 12:04AM
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also takes forever to break free from. Worse than fear and rune cage.

you can break free from it? ive hit the break free button alot everytime it never breaks it

Equip the ultimate precognition and hit that in a time stop ... It will pull you out of it and allow you to go round it but you have to do it before you stop , soon. As you feel the slow down.
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it should deal damage after it stops you in time. Oblivion damage.
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel like its a good Area of denial skill like I love when you are stacking it with catapults. Those thing have been so much freakin fun lately after the changes. So it just makes pushing breaches harder wich is a good thing. Just because you got the wall down it should be like HUR HUR WE GUNNA BE CHARGIN INTO DEH KEERP. No sir you are night Eat the Anti personel catapults and Time stops >:D
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was in a huge fight in a keep with the wall knocked down. The guys on the flag basically spammed Time Stop at the breech. I’d pop an immovable and fight at the flag along with some other guy. Everyone else stood in that crap and died. Me and the other guy fighting on the flag would fight our way back out and Rez people. This guy went NUTS in zone telling people “TAKE THE REZ!” and “”WTF you never heard of immovables!” Apparently, they hadn’t lol.

That’s what I do.

I unno, Time Stop to me is trash. I duel a lot with a beta MagDk who talons powerlash, fossilize powerlash me to death alla time. I WISH I could use immovables against HIM hehehehe but it’s not honorable in a duel. BUT I use them in Cyrodill against EVERYBODY else lol.

Honorable lololololol do it anyways, a wins a win :P
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That’s what I do.

Honorable lololololol do it anyways, a wins a win :P

He’d kill me anyways hehehehe. He’s that good.
  • Bbsample197
    Bbsample197
    ✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Watch ZOS increase the cast time to 45 seconds and reduce the size to 0.5 meters.

wait for it in a year after ZoS is done collecting money and releasing summerset for free

on other notes i haven't tried it yet is it really that good? you gave me something worth a try lol
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

about just nerfs do you was happy if only 1 class wwould be taken for dps content? just single class because it will be 10-20k dps difference between rest
    dont want you then to nerf this class to be on par with rest?
    and please dont say to buff rest because then will happen power creep which we had bigger and now still have where on pve we jsut burn bosses ignoring every mechanic until ZOS introduced new content where boss is untouchable until we end this phase

and btw do you know monster sets? yeah everyone know as it got nerfed bcecause of pvp whinging but as I remember it was also nerf because of pve because it was jsut to much as free dps making next power creep for free for players
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I was wondering when it would start~ *pulls out a chair, grabs the popcorn and makes sure there is plenty to go around for everyone* :blush:
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing wrong with it. I use it all the time in small groups and in zerg vs zerg. While channeling, there is plenty of time to be interrupted, or for the enemy to move out of the way. If it does hit them, once they get out, they are immune for awhile. In zergs, it's the same thing. You get one maybe two good uses out of it per zerg rush. It's helpful for picking off stragglers for the dps to kill, but in no way a game-changer. I'd say it's one of the better balanced skills. Not too weak, not too strong.
  • Allielieu
    Allielieu
    ✭✭✭
    Time stop is good and all you just gotta be aware of your surroundings. I myself am not really a person that's aware of things. That being said I'm also always being focused with a time stop. Oh yah I'm healer that's why..
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've used it a lot in PvP, but the cast time on it doesn't need to exsist imo. It's great for defending keeps. But unless your real good at knowing where your enemy is gonna be and "leading" with the spell in front of them, it's meh for any real offense.

Plus I've seen some ball groups just go right thru it. I think it's because rapids negates the effect. Which of course, they always have a rapids bot spamming. So.../shrug
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Gprime31
    Gprime31
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look another nerf thread

Where do you see nerf?? Need glasses?
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They've changed the order of skills in other lines. If it is too easy to access, perhaps that would be a relatively easy solution here.

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »

They've changed the order of skills in other lines. If it is too easy to access, perhaps that would be a relatively easy solution here.

it doesn't take long to access all of the skills in the psijic line. a few hours, at most.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The attempt to have Time Stop respect CC rules is called bug fixing.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think its fine, it can be interrupted and it's also brilliant on zergs. I have also seen it not work on players before especially tanks, I think it might be a certain skill that stops them from being stunned.

I think its fine the way it is!
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imo it should be a 200 cost ultimate. Think about negate, the gold standard for defensive abilities prior to time stop. Negate stops magicka and ults and does a small amount (almost unnoticeable) damage or healing because typically its used quickly for a rush into keeps. By comparison Time Stop offers a very powerful snare, a hard CC that stops a player from being able to break free for a couple of seconds, and negates 5k worth of healing opening up an extremely dangerous window of time, especially considering damage is higher than every in Cyro. And this is a freakin spammable?
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One more thing ... in its defense it’s a fantastic defense for ball groups that spam the destro ult in a train. Nothing quite like watching 14 people all uselessly waste their ultimate as half of them die since they never learned how to PvP in PvP.

I agree. Also great for healbot ball groups.

And there you have it. So which is worse ... a world where we have destro trains or one where we have a very common counter for it? Not sure if you want to fix a problem with another problem but that’s kinda the way ESO has gone since the days when Vicious Death was released. Every problem this game has ever had, aside from lag, has historically been “solved” with a new set or skill.

I wouldn't call it a counter per say. Its perhaps a good addition to slapping ball groups with negate as well but thats only for the healing Debuff.

Most ball groups run purge spammers so its favours them more to use it than it does for us to use it against them.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.