Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Notice: Guild Functionality

• Stanley
    Stanley
    ✭✭
    looks to me as though all guild invites are wiped as well.

so if you spent time inviting people the notifications are no more ....start again folks -- just another kick in the teeth for people trying to develop community and something of the interaction the game needs.....

They have done their best to make guilds useless...now it's getting worse ...

Managing guilds takes a lot of work and what are the rewards when people can join 5, the guild store is next to useless and generates no income for the guild whilst informing the uninformed that the guild is taking a hefty cut of their auction price, we have to run around trying to target people with useless console control wheel to interact with them or some other time consuming method !

Edited by Stanley on April 2, 2014 8:06PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Guild functionality is temporarily disabled because our guild system was one of the causes of last night's issues that led to the North American server maintenance. We are continuing to monitor the game and slowly introduce functionality back into the game over time to ensure the issue is fixed. All guild information is intact, it is just temporarily inaccessible. Our plan is for all guild functionality to be re-enabled later tonight, with no additional downtime. (You will simply need to log out and back in.)
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on April 2, 2014 8:34PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • darkthunderb16_ESO
    How's that "polished smooth launch" going so far?
  • TJBs_Sharrarp
    TJBs_Sharrarp
    Soul Shriven

It is going to be a great launch when it happens in 2 DAYS!!

• darkthunderb16_ESO
    It is going to be a great launch when it happens in 2 DAYS!!

Game is currently in "Soft Launch". Which means, it should have LESS issues than the "real" Launch on Friday. Oh well, enjoy your "polished smooth launch", which no doubt will involve lots and lots of downtime.
  • Kristov
    Kristov

I've been enjoying it. Not that you really care. Not that I really care.

• MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    13 hour downtime and now we can't do anything as a group. No parties, no guilds, no mail. This is stupid.

I'm not exactly sure how you equate guilds being taken off line as a sign that grouping has also been disabled. That would be stupid.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • MercyKilling
    MercyKilling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm sorry you can't read.

You still didn't get it.

Have a good one.

No...kinda like a neutered dog...YOU just don't get it. Your concern has been addressed with the Moderator's original post.

Methinks you lack reading comprehension. Many valid points have been stated concerning your objections(which I find rather first world) and you choose to ignore them, continuing to rant and harp on the selfsame things that have no valid rights or "entitlement".

Look, this is harsh, I know. But reasonable discourse has proven useless, as evidenced by your previous posts up to this one. Perhaps harsh is what you need to hear.
    I am not spending a single penny on the game until changes are made to the game that I want to see.
    1) Remove having to be in a guild to sell items to other players at a kiosk.
    2) Cosmetic modding for armor and clothing.
    3) Difficulty slider.
    4) Fully customizable player housing that isn't tied to anything in the game other than having the correct resources and enough gold to build. Don't tie it to PvP, guild membership, or anything at all. Oh, make it instanced so as not to take up world map space, too. Zeni screwed this one up already.
    Any /one/ of these things implemented would get me spending again, maybe even subbing.
  • TRUCKER
    TRUCKER
    Jessica, can you tell me if the issue of recruits not being able to deposit items into the guild bank is being worked on?
  • Kanvindr
    Kanvindr
    While this is disabled it would be awesome if we could invite people that are offline to the friends list. Because i have a guild of 50 person already but only managed to invite 5 of them because i dont know when they are online and both players have to be online for a guild invite. I understand why both players have to be online for a guild invite, but i dont get why you cant just have pending friend list invites that you accept or decline when you logon.
  • ItsGlaive
    ItsGlaive
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zebular wrote: »
    12+ hours of downtime, to turn off a primary function of this game....lovely.
    + Would you rather have a broken game?

There is no record of major game breaking bugs involving the guild system.

THAT is why we want to know why the hell it was taken offline.

I have a roster I'm trying to maintain and not all of them are on my friends list.
    Well, obviously because there was indeed some sort of bug affecting some part of the guild system. Not all bug are made public knowledge, to do so could be potentially very bad (exploits). It's not the end of the world, it's a game. Things happen.

As a guild leader I have a right to know what the hell is going to happen to my roster in the event that they screw this up majorly because I *don't* have a list anywhere else.

Not a single one of the gamebreaking reported bugs had anything to do with the guild system. They've not said they identified an issue with it either. THAT is the problem.

It wasn't broken. They've never said it was broken. They just took it offline for no farking reason.

There have been problems. Members unable to deposit in guild bank, officer chat hasn't worked since access began and some members have trouble posting to the guild store.
    Allow cross-platform transfers and merges
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guild functionality is temporarily disabled because our guild system was one of the causes of last night's issues that led to the North American server maintenance. We are continuing to monitor the game and slowly introduce functionality back into the game over time to ensure the issue is fixed. All guild information is intact, it is just temporarily inaccessible. Our plan is for all guild functionality to be re-enabled later tonight, with no additional downtime. (You will simply need to log out and back in.)

Thanks for finally saying something.

Not giving a reason just irritates folks.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanvindr wrote: »
    While this is disabled it would be awesome if we could invite people that are offline to the friends list. Because i have a guild of 50 person already but only managed to invite 5 of them because i dont know when they are online and both players have to be online for a guild invite. I understand why both players have to be online for a guild invite, but i dont get why you cant just have pending friend list invites that you accept or decline when you logon.

You can do friends invites while theyre offline.

Not sure if thats something else they broke.
  • Natai
    Natai
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the update and explanation Jessica.
    Still probably the smoothest launch of an MMO I've seen in a LONG time.
  • Deorro
    Deorro
    Deorro wrote: »
    Man a lot of you people need to stop crying and whining. Do you guys even MMO? This is launch week, it's gonna be a bumpy ride, at least they are TRYING to resolve the in-game issues. THIS is why you all pay a monthly sub fee, so they can constantly try to make this game better + add new content in the future. A few hours or days of not being in your guild or playing this game won't kill you. Get a life.

I agree that people shouldn't overreact, but that doesn't mean you have to tell people to "get a life". That's quite rude.

It's a fair question to wonder how long the guild services is going to be down as it's a large feature in an MMO.

I wasn't referring to the people questioning how long the guild services would be down. This was going out to all the people who are bitching and whining about how there was downtime during Early Access, how they paid extra for all these issues, how they took a day off work today to play, OMGZ I CANT HANG OUT WITH MY GUILDIES OH NOEZ type of people. I am glad you got those people's backs though, cause in my opinion, those people need a life. And last time I checked, I am entitled to my opinion whether it comes across rude or not.

Deorro - Imperial Dragon Knight, Ebonheart Pact (NA Server)
  • werxieb16_ESO
    A simple, even vague explanation as to why they've been temporarily disabled would have been nice. Also when I logged in and discovered I was alone suddenly, I had to check twitter, which pointed me to the forums, which were down at the time. Damned sloppy. The vague and very very brief nature of the in game notification when I logged on (twice so I could actually read it), coupled with the simultaneous forum downtime and the twitter feed being equally uninformative, I find to be rather poor.
  • werxieb16_ESO
    Oh and almost 4 hours after the initial post encouraging people to ask any questions, with no reply from the development team is also not particularly encouraging.
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dude she did answer the why and did give an ETA. Yes it is frustrating. Stop acting like a child.
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • werxieb16_ESO
    Rykoth wrote: »
    Dude she did answer the why and did give an ETA. Yes it is frustrating. Stop acting like a child.

You are correct, after reading through most of the posts I managed to miss that. That's my bad. But I stand by the forum downtime at the same time and the lack of an actual in game popup informing me of it.
  • Feather47b14_ESO
    I think if they simply gave a vague reason, such as, for security of guild banks..or some such- it would instill a bit of patience in us all.
  • Rin9les
    Rin9les
    Instant updates on twitter for those who need to know everything before it happens!
    As for the headless chicken routine because something isnt right and needs fixing - jus grab a brewski and chill with another game till its sorted - simples B)
  • LadyGrrimm
    This may seem harsh, but, I'm going to say it anyway.

In the OP, it was stated that guild and mail were part of the issue that led to NA Megaserver needing maintenance.

Some of you guys are being awesome about this; showing your support for the game and the developers.

Some of you could be a little better about it, rather than complaining about every aspect of the soft launch. This is common, it happens, you should have expected it. To have not expected it is to have been naive.

To those of you commenting about how there should have been some open beta besides the occasional weekend, they did have a long term beta server. You just obviously didn't know about it (as was their goal for a while).

Bugs happen. Downtime happens. Glitches happen. Patience is a necessity in a MMO. If you can't scrounge up enough respect for other players, for the developers, admins, and the others involved, long enough to let them do their jobs, you need to take a step back, take a few deep breaths, and maybe do something else while you wait, rather than trolling the forums.

Do not misunderstand me. I do believe we should have updates as to what is going on (hence why I even came to this forum post). But don't start jumping down their throats because they don't answer as quickly you would like or after every single post you make, especially the ones that tell them how awfully they are failing.

Conclusion: just have some patience while they do their jobs.

Oh, AND READ THE FULL OP! A lot of you kept asking the same exact questions over and over again, that had already been answered in the OP!

To the ZOS:
    I look forward to seeing how this game shapes up. You're doing a great job, don't let this crap get under your skin. Great results come after hard work. Thank you for doing what you can to make this game as great as it can be, especially with all this silly nonsense.

That is all.
    Lady Grrimm of Adama
  • Amatsuki
    Amatsuki
    So will my members list and guild be restored with functionality is restored? or will I have to hunt down 142 members of my guild...?
  • LadyGrrimm
    @Amatsuki the OP says that everything will be as it was. Your guild will still be there when it goes back up.
    Lady Grrimm of Adama
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Considering how much up-time and play time I have had.. spectacular.

Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amatsuki wrote: »
    So will my members list and guild be restored with functionality is restored? or will I have to hunt down 142 members of my guild...?

Sigh..so did you even read this from teh dev tracker and like 20 posts above yours?
    Edited by Darlgon on April 2, 2014 10:50PM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • Norag
    Norag
    12+ hours of downtime, to turn off a primary function of this game....lovely.
    + Would you rather have a broken game?

There is no record of major game breaking bugs involving the guild system.

THAT is why we want to know why the hell it was taken offline.

I have a roster I'm trying to maintain and not all of them are on my friends list.

There may not be a record of it, but a problem may have developed when they were quality testing the patch. Patches and changes in code can create new bugs. You may be a customer, but you have no right to demand that they give to a reason. These are the sorts of things you agree to when you agree to the EULA. You may not like it, but you have to deal with it. Life ain't fair, get over it.

• ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Guild functionality has now been fully restored. If you are on the North American megaserver, you will need to log completely out of the game and back in again for the update to take place. If you encounter any issues with guild tools or functions, please let us know.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Zebular
    Zebular
    ✭✭
    Guild functionality has now been fully restored. If you are on the North American megaserver, you will need to log completely out of the game and back in again for the update to take place. If you encounter any issues with guild tools or functions, please let us know.

Many thanks for keeping us informed. I appreciated it, for sure!
    Mysté [ Breton Femaile • DC • Daedric Storm Sorcereress; Dest/Rest • Alchemist ]
    Old Zeb [ Imperial Male • DC • Dark Storm Sorcerer; Dest/Rest • Enchanter ]
    Rarymwr Rua'srrii-mrha'Ra [ Kahjiit Male • AD • Draconic Earthen Dragonknight; Dual/1HS • Blacksmith ]
    Zebular [ Dark Elf Male • EP • Shadow Assassin Nightblade; Bow/Rest • Woodworker ]
    Zebular Ilyturials [ Imperial Male • DC • Draconic Ardent Dragonknight; 1HS/2H • Provisioner ]
    Zyza [ Kahjiit Vampire Female • DC • Siphoning Assassin Nightblade; Dual/Bow • Clothier ]
  • Sins_Vorkag
    Thanks ZOS, don't mind the riled up angry neckbeards that just want to rabble rouse. This game has so far launched much smoother than that one game that everybody likes to reference as the gods gift to MMOs. Hopefully, *knocks on wood* there won't be more architectural bugs requiring disabling of features.
    Do'Sins Sea-mane
    Khajiit Nightblade
    The Shipwrecked Pirates