Thanks ZOS For the fantastic game!
Hello everyone, and welcome to the forums!
This guide is meant to help you navigate the forums and the game better! It has questions, answers and links to everything you need to know, weather you are new or a veteran this guide will help! Everything from excellent crafting guides, to resources for the elder scrolls online!
(Note: If you have questions that are not answered in this thread please post them in the comments and I will get back to you ASAP!)Hi there Zam, I’m a completely new player and I don’t understand to much about this game, can you help me?
What are the payment methods for the subscriptions?
- Of course! If you read this guide you will get lots of knowledge about the forums and the game itself. We also have the New Player Guide
Which teaches you all the key bindings and basic information about well the basics!
- You can pay with credit card, PayPal, or prepaid time cards!
HELP! MY UI ISNT WORKING RIGHT!
- Calm down, this is a common issue! Use /Reloadui to reload your ui! It helps if you are stuck in conversation with an NPC and other UI related issues! Remember, if the command does not fix it, use /bug and report it!
How do I change my name on the forums?? It says my real name/email name HELP! Currently does not work, waiting for fix
What are the little things I see below each forum post?
- Go to your Profile
click the big edit button on the top right! Shortcut to the edit button "HERE!"
Then change the Username Field!
- These are a way to give kudos to someone based on their post. They show up on their profile also! If something made you laugh hit LOL and so on and so forth!
What are the community rules?
If I didn’t pre order can I play any race in any alliance?
- All the community rules are avalible HERE!
Make sure you read these and abide by them at all times!
- Unfortunately at this time you cannot. But in the future ZOS may allow us to purchase the ability to do so.
What are the roles we have on our profile?
- Its a system Zenimax uses to categorize people into. Not much is known other than that.
Where can I find information about whats happening currently?
Will I keep my character if I don’t pay the sub fee for a month? How about 2?
- Well there are a few places. We Have Official News And Discussions
In this section we have patch notes (Updates to the game are posted here), Developer Discussion (Threads created by the Developers inviting you to discuss and give feedback about parts of the game) and server status!
- If you forget to pay the sub fee or just simply cannot pay it you will keep your characters and all the progress you have made on them. If you don’t pay for 2 months it’s okay! All of your character information will be saved!
Help I ran into a bug and cant report it with the in game /bug command!
I want to see this at this place in the game and I think it would be great can you add it?
- Slow down there turbo! We know that you have great ideas and suggestions, if you want to make one use the /feedback command in game to make suggestions and provide your feedback!
What is this badge Zam?
- You will get a badge on the forums for doing various things! Mentioned someone in a post with the @ command? You get a badge! Change your picture? You get a badge! Post a few times? You get a badge!
Zam I have questions you didn't answer HELP!
OMG x is broken!
- Its okay! Just post them on this forum post and the community will help you out with them. This post will also be updated with new questions and answers! If you have questions that were not answered in this thread use the New Player Questions Thread!
(The link is for the English thread)
- That’s okay! Things will be broken and the best thing we can do is report it with the /bug command! Or if you can’t use /bug post it on the forums as stated above!
Zam! How did you color your text? I cant figure it out!
What are all the emote commands?
Zam what are these stars next to my name and how do i get them?
- The stars are your current rank on the forums! Your rank increases each time someone likes agrees thinks your post is awesome or insigtful! You lose points for being marked as spam abuse or as a troll!
I really like this feature of the game and it shouldn't be changed! How can I let the devs know?
✭ is below 50 points,
✭✭ is 50-99,
✭✭✭ is 100-499,
✭✭✭✭ is 500-999 and
✭✭✭✭✭ is 1000+!
- Simple! If you are in game use the /feedback command in game and let them know!
Zam, I have some questions about guilds, please help!
How do I find a guild?
Is there a location command in game?
- The ESO Forums is a great place to look for guilds, right under The Guild Headquarters
Section!Why would I want to join a guild?
- Guilds are a common social aspect of mmos and help you find groups for dungeons and pvp/pve easier then spamming chat! They also bennifit you by operating guild stores where you can exchange items to and from other player!How do I join a guild?
- By simply asking for an invite and meeting the guilds pre-requisites that they may have!How do I choose one to join?
- Do your research! Make sure you know what the guild is looking for and if its important to you that they have a chat server!If none of them suit my taste and i start my own what should I do to be successfull?
- Basically everything in this section of the guide! Dont spam zone chat advertising as these guilds usually only last so long. Make a recruitment post here and get a website set up so you can more easily get recruits into your guild. Also if it is important to have a chat server you can use raidcall for a free chat service which works great!Zam, i have questions about guilds you didnt answer what do?
- Well just pm me and i will update this section with the questions and the answers!
- Sadly there is not a location command or a way to find out your current location with commands. If you encounter a bug be sure to use /bug in game and it will send a picture, your current location in game and your description with it!
Zam, how is the looting system? Are the chest relative to me or everyone?
- Most* Containers are openable to everyone. If someone opens something ahead of you, chances are you can open it also! With the exception of lock picking chests and some containers, everything is relative to you!
ZAM! How do i view my plethora of achievments?!?
- Its simple! Go in game and open your journal (Default key binding is J) then look at the top bar of the journal and you will see a tab marked achievments, simply clicking this will allow you to browse that plethora of achivments you have!
Zam, is there quick slots and if there are how do i use them?
Zam, I’m wondering about crafting, how do I craft and what can I craft?
- We have a multitude of crafting skills available to you, Alchemy, Blacksmithing, Clothing, Enchanting, Provisioning and Woodworking. Below I will provide known guides to the skills that have them thus far!
Note: If you have a guide you think belongs on this list please message me on the forums with a link to your guide and I will add it where it belongs!
Note : Interested in simulating your crafting experience? Try using ESO Heads Crafting Simulator!
Or are you interested in simulating your alchemy recipes? Try Tamriel Journals Alchemy Simulator!
Zam, what are some builds for the classes?
- As I do not have any personal builds for the classes I recommend you use The ESO Head Skill Calculator!
If you message me skill builds and character builds I will add them to the list below!
Zam, i want to just read up on the skills and see what all of them do where can i do that at?
Zam, how do i become a vampire/werewolf? I wanna be one so badly!
- There is not to much information on this but from what info there is it goes like this. Either have someone who is already a vampire/werewolf bite you (A player can only bite 1 other player every 7 days) or attempt to find the werewolfs/vampires in cyrodiil and fight them to get infected. They are rare spawns so good luck!
OMG Zam! I messed up my spec and im wondering how do i re spec? (Reskill)
(Note, This section will be updated as more info becomes available!)
Zam, I want to install addons to my game, where can I download these and how can I install them?
- Dont worry! You CAN respec anytime you want! Take a look at This Guide
To Help You Out!
Sites To Get Addons From:
Navigate to the ESO Directory (Usually in your documents)
Zam, where are all the Skyshards at?
- Windows: C:\Users\YOURUSER\Documents\Elder Scrolls Online\live\
- Mac: ~/Documents/Elder Scrolls Online/Live/
Locate the addons folder, if it does not exist create one
Drop your desired Addons into the folder
Log in, navigate to the addons menu under options and enable!
I personally dont know where all of them are, but the maps below should have all the answers you seek!
How does the sneaking system work? Does it work in pvp also?
- The sneaking system works great! It works similar to skyrim’s sneaking system. You use left ctrl (Default Key Binding) to crouch down and begin sneaking, when the eye is closed you are sneaking!
- In pvp if the eye is closed you are invisible to players of the opposing factions. But beware, if you get to close they will detect you!
- Currently Not Available
Read all the changes and get the full list of patch notes Here - Guide Updates
11/19/2013 Fixed all links in guide, updated some questions.
11/19/2013 Added the "Whats New?" Section
11/19/2013 Add the "Current Test Goals Section
11/20/2013 Updated the list of emotes with a new link
11/22/2013 Added new question.
11/22/2013 Removed the *NEW tag from old questions
01/07/2014 Updated Patch Updates and current test goals
02/4/2014 Patch Notes And Current Test Goals Updated
02/4/2014 Updated Links to take you to the proper areas
02/7/2014 Added new questions, Marked with NEW!
02/8/2014 Added UI help
02/25/2014 Updated links and Disclaimer
03/11/2014 Updated Links, test goals, patch updates and added test faq
03/11/2014 Updated Disclaimer and added a little something at the very bottom
03/30/2014 Complete overhaul of guide from beta to release also removed the something at the bottom
03/31/2014 First Round Of Updates With User Generated Content!
Also Spoiler'd ALL sections to allow quick access to questions!
03/31/2014 Also adjusted spacing and updated people who have contributed
04/02/2014 Added questions and answers, and guides to their respective categorys
04/16/2014 Added guild questions and answers
04/23/2014 Added DK Tank Guide + Updated Questions
Remember, if you have any more questions please post them here and I will do my best to get back to you on it!
Once again welcome new players and enjoy the game!
P.S: Although my nickname is Zam, I am not affiliated with the ZAM network of games.
If you experience a bug or need technical support use this link to quickly start a thread in the Customer Support ForumClicky! If you are in game make sure to use /bug! Make sure to state Bug Report in the tittle!!Special Thanks To The Contriibuters With Their Guides And Their Resources: @Kijima @Myrron @Atalle @Halmur @Fexelea @kstauthamerb16_ESO @NeeScrolls