Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam Warden Battlegrounds/PVP build

Keepo
Keepo
So I tried battlegrounds with my DK, but it gets boring with 1 char so i decided to try out stamden in pvp (probably only battlegrounds) can you guys please advice me some good stamden builds? thanks in advance
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Server / platform?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Keepo
    Keepo
    Thogard wrote: »
    Server / platform?

PC/EU
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here’s a PC NA stamden build that I put together a while ago for BGs. I still use it, just add an extra Stam regen glyph it sustain is an issue in no cp.

Ignore the title - it was a joke. It is a stamden build.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mUnLvk9MmWg
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Keepo
    Keepo
    Thogard wrote: »
    Here’s a PC NA stamden build that I put together a while ago for BGs. I still use it, just add an extra Stam regen glyph it sustain is an issue in no cp.

Ignore the title - it was a joke. It is a stamden build.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=mUnLvk9MmWg

Thanks buddy, gotta try it out
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I struggle with stam warden in BG's.

Gear:
    I'm running a very cookie cutter 7th / Bone 5 heavy 2 medium with bloodspawn on armor. The glyphs are stam recovery and two magicka reduction on the jewels. The 2h is asylum greatsword. the backbar is SnB 7th.

Skills:
    SnB: heroic / shimmer shield / reverb / sub assault / vigor : Healing Thicket

2h: bird of prey / reverse slice / forward momentum / ice fortress / green lotus : Dawnbreaker

Ancillarys:
    dubious cameron throne with warrior mundus. SnB is infused weapon dmg glyph while 2H is nirnhoned double dmg poisons

My issues:
    1. Magicka sustain - I have four buffs that utilize significant magicka (ice fortress / green lotus / shimmer / bird of prey) and these really need to be up full time. Meanwhile I need to also maintain forward momentum and then work my heroic into reverb weapn enchant proc as i flip to 2h and sub assault into reverse slice combo. If left un-impeded, I can definitely wreck people... but rarely are you going to be left un-impeded. Did i mention you need to keep vigor rolling as well?

Bottom line - as the initial fight progresses, I struggle to have the magicka to reapply buffs, especially if I'm applying shimmering due to a ranged conflict... as my buffs drop, my survivability drops.. and even if I get on you, my rotation is likely borked all to hell and i'm just hitting you like a wet noodle.

Mag regen sits at about 600 in BG's. I have put two magicka cost reduction glyphs in the jewels to help but it still doesn't feel enough. Not to mention, my weapon dmg took a hit for this trade-off. If you watch someone like @fengrush run this build, they make it look pretty easy... but I can't help but wonder how much of that is because he is queing wtih a pocket healing magplar. Not to mention, he runs 5 medium and 2 heavy for more dmg from medium passives... and can get away with this due to the healing support he has.

Again - if left un-impeded, there is no doubt this build will do alot of dmg and bring alot of utility to a group. My assists are always way up there. but my kills are usually quite low because the dmg is only really solid when stars all align.

twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

Gear:
    I'm running a very cookie cutter 7th / Bone 5 heavy 2 medium with bloodspawn on armor. The glyphs are stam recovery and two magicka reduction on the jewels. The 2h is asylum greatsword. the backbar is SnB 7th.

Skills:

2h: bird of prey / reverse slice / forward momentum / ice fortress / green lotus : Dawnbreaker

Ancillarys:
    dubious cameron throne with warrior mundus. SnB is infused weapon dmg glyph while 2H is nirnhoned double dmg poisons

My issues:
    1. Magicka sustain - I have four buffs that utilize significant magicka (ice fortress / green lotus / shimmer / bird of prey) and these really need to be up full time. Meanwhile I need to also maintain forward momentum and then work my heroic into reverb weapn enchant proc as i flip to 2h and sub assault into reverse slice combo. If left un-impeded, I can definitely wreck people... but rarely are you going to be left un-impeded. Did i mention you need to keep vigor rolling as well?

Bottom line - as the initial fight progresses, I struggle to have the magicka to reapply buffs, especially if I'm applying shimmering due to a ranged conflict... as my buffs drop, my survivability drops.. and even if I get on you, my rotation is likely borked all to hell and i'm just hitting you like a wet noodle.

Mag regen sits at about 600 in BG's. I have put two magicka cost reduction glyphs in the jewels to help but it still doesn't feel enough. Not to mention, my weapon dmg took a hit for this trade-off. If you watch someone like @fengrush run this build, they make it look pretty easy... but I can't help but wonder how much of that is because he is queing wtih a pocket healing magplar. Not to mention, he runs 5 medium and 2 heavy for more dmg from medium passives... and can get away with this due to the healing support he has.

Again - if left un-impeded, there is no doubt this build will do alot of dmg and bring alot of utility to a group. My assists are always way up there. but my kills are usually quite low because the dmg is only really solid when stars all align.

Cannot run BoP in BGs anywhere if you want to run any of the healing buffs like vines or lotus. If I were you, I’d drop that, add netch, and then take a Stam regen glyph off and add another wep regen glyph. You’ll have more dmg and more sustain overall.

• Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speed+Lingering health potions are a great source of major expedition, which is pretty necessary outside of deathmatch games. You want to keep those and tripots (or immovable) around and switch between them depending on what you need in the moment.
    Bird of prey is too short and expensive to be a reliable buff, even if it was free, you're spending a lot of time recasting it.

Nightblades are a bit of a problem for stamdens in general and nightblades are everywhere in solo que. No advice for that, it's just kinda something to learn to live with.
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting that you think BoP has to drop.

Benefits: Passives give you 12% more stam and magicka regen just for having it slotted on bar

activated it usually buffs my stam regen about as much as a recovery glyph so dropping it and dropping a glyph sounds like it could be pretty costly. Not to mention that 8% minor beserk i have to let go of on a build that already feels a bit underwhelming damage wise.

I'll give it a shot since it isn't a huge overhaul but sounds like a two steps forward two steps back type of thing.
    Edited by mursie on June 8, 2018 6:56PM
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting that you think BoP has to drop.

Benefits: Passives give you 12% more stam and magicka regen just for having it slotted on bar

activated it usually buffs my stam regen about as much as a recovery glyph so dropping it and dropping a glyph sounds like it could be pretty costly. Not to mention that 8% minor beserk i have to let go of on a build that already feels a bit underwhelming damage wise.

I'll give it a shot since it isn't a huge overhaul but sounds like a two steps forward two steps back type of thing.

The passives are the same as the netch which is what I’m suggesting you add. The active regen is gained through a Stam pot. Assuming you use speed/Stam pots, all you lose is the minor berserk, but you gain a ton of extra regen (that works even when blocking and sprinting) through the netch. I tested out minor berserk dmg vs an extra wep dmg jewelry glyph and found the latter to actually give slightly more DPS... which is odd and not what I expected.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Gear:

Skills:

Ancillarys:

My issues:

Here’s the deal, 7th legion really has no use on only a single bar. The buff is short so you have a tiny offensive window and now that there’s a cooldown it’s possible that your damage buff from 7th won’t even impact your Sub combo while almost never being present during execute and you’re also not getting the healing while on 2h bar. This coincides with your feeling that sometimes you’re not doing real damage. For a quick fix, swap out 7th for alchemist, or reconsider either Asylum 2h(I wouldn’t) or bone pirate.

If you’re struggling with Magika sustain, just put a couple of tri-glyphs on your armor and be more mindful of your buff timers. IMO, it’s not worth casting shimmering if it means you’re not going to have fortress drop in 3 seconds and not be able to reapply the buffs. Also, as @thogard suggested, dropping BoP may be a smart option since it will allow you to run soothing spores so that you have a burst heal

Edit: if you drop Bloodspawn for Troll King you’ll feel a lot more survivable imo. Bloodspawn is a great setup because it offers a bit of everything, but if you’re struggling to survive then that could be the difference maker. I always keep BS and TK on my stam warden and swap depending on how much pressure I’m taking. @Sixty5 and I had a convo where he gives the perfect explanation of BS vs TK in his Stamplar build thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/417277/slayer-of-sloads-a-pvp-build-for-summerset
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 8, 2018 8:37PM
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks all for the suggestions. I'll definitely give my TK a go on my stam warden. I do already use tri-glyphs on all the big pieces but I think dropping BoP and foregoing that extra magicka spend sounds like it could be a big help. the comments about 7th on one bar have me thinking to probably let that set go.

Maybe i should try to find a nice stat balanced set with an over-tuned proc that could help support my damage. Anyone have any ides on that =).

Really good points all around. I wish there was a good site that had meta builds for this game with write-ups etc.. THere are alot of good players that post on these boards and I really think the community could benefit from a site where you could find meta builds for both CP and non-CP content.

@lexxypwns i'm still running your magplar heal build. 2pc earthgore sturdy with 5pc impreg sturdy. Trans on the jewels and SnB bar while i have maelstrom resto on back bar. It works pretty good. It is amazing though how royally screwed healers get in BG's related to points. I can heal for 900K - more than the top dmg dealer - and get basically 0 medal points because it's deathmatch and i have no kills.

While I think about it - it's absolutely bonkers that this site doesn't have class specific categories for build discussions etc..

/rant
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
  • SupremeRissole
    SupremeRissole
    ✭✭✭✭
    My bleed build (pure cancer)

2H/DW
    Hundings maul (nirn) 2heavy hundings 2 medium, 5 bloodrinker, 1 bloodspawn
    Back bar has nirn master mace and infused master axe
    2 stam rec glyphs 1 weap damage
    All body pieces impen
    Dubious camoran throne
    Redguard
    2 health glyphs.
    2h bar: executioner, rally, carve, shimmering shield, sub asssult, dawnbreaker of smiting

Dw bar: rending slashes, flex spot: either living trellis, green lotus or bull netch, bird of prey, resolving vigor, ice fortress, healing thicket

You can also swap blood drinker for werewolf hide and swap carve for crit charge.
    Personally I like the bleed build, great against tanky targets.
    Have seen 4k+ ticks on slashes so it definately applies pressure.