The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Where does vicious ophidian drop? Normal or vet?

Wrecking_Blow_Spam
Wrecking_Blow_Spam
✭✭✭✭✭
Also can you still downscale SO? What is the lowest you can downscale to?
Xbox one EU
8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
Doesn't stand in red
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope it's fixed but drops on both. Also drops in archive vet for some reason.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Used to drop at cp 160 on normal downscaled to 45 before new update. Now idk if they fixed that or not. Stand outside the trial and say youre looking to farm it. You'll get picked up by a group.
  • boldscot
    boldscot
    ✭✭✭
    It drops on normal and normal at 160 is still easy, it just take a longer then when it was scaled down.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boldscot wrote: »
    It drops on normal and normal at 160 is still easy, it just take a longer then when it was scaled down.

So no longer scaled down that's a shame.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a shame. It's good it was fixed.

It drops on normal and get but higher chsnxe for VO to drop in vet.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is a shame IMO. Pc players farm and transfer it in dungeons and now console players can finally transfer we have to do it the long winded way. Not just that but finding decent people on console is a pain.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It drops in normal mode of the following trials with a 20% chance per boss (there's a small chance for boots on trash packs):

Hel Ra Citadel
    Aetherian Archives
    Sanctum Ophidia

In the veteran version, the chance increases to 80% (and you can also get gold jewelry, instead of only purple).
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • JudahXBL
    JudahXBL
    ✭✭

What? We were doing down-scaled level ~45 all day yesterday.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Asmael thanks for the info, appreciate it.
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JudahXBL so it still drops when down scaled to 45 correct on xbox?
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In normal, it's a 20% chance of a BoP set item on the final boss of all three Craglorn trials.
    • If you get a BoP item, you might get VO, or you might get IA or EY.
    • You might get a jewelry piece, or you might not.
    • The chance to get a VO jewelry piece something like 3-4% in normal.

In vet non-HM, you are guaranteed one piece of golden jewelry on the final boss of all three Craglorn trials. 20% chance it'll be a BoE jewelry piece, 80% chance it'll be a BoP jewelry piece.
    • If you get a BoP jewelry piece, you might get VO, or you might get IA or EY.
    • The chance to get a VO jewelry piece is 26% in vet non-HM.

In vet HM, you are guaranteed two pieces of golden jewelry on the final boss of all three Craglorn trials. You are guaranteed 1 BoE jewelry piece and 1 BoP jewelry piece.
    • You still have an equal chance to get VO, IA, or EY (though sometimes it feels like EY drops way too frequently--but that's probably just bad luck). But you are guaranteed a piece of golden jewelry from one of those three sets.
    • The chance to get a VO jewelry piece is 33% in vet HM.
    Edited by code65536 on August 18, 2016 6:33PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Is a shame IMO. Pc players farm and transfer it in dungeons and now console players can finally transfer we have to do it the long winded way. Not just that but finding decent people on console is a pain.

I play console and I've done SO more than 80 times. Finding a group is not hard at all. People always want to run that place and it's super easy. I have 5/5 Vicious and 5/5 Infallible Aether with 3/3 jewelry for both sets. If you can't find a group stand outside the trial I guarantee you will see a ton of people right there looking for more to run it.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JudahXBL wrote: »

Then you dont deserve 160 gear.
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @code65536 thanks for the detailed info :)
    Xbox one EU
    Doesn't stand in red
  • JudahXBL
    JudahXBL
    ✭✭
    JudahXBL wrote: »

Then you dont deserve 160 gear.

Trust me, I would much prefer doing it legit lol. It's what my friends wanted to do.
  • imolafem
    imolafem
    @code65536 I realize this is an old post, but a guildie referenced it in conversation this morning. I was wondering how you came about the drop rates you posted above? Do you have access to the source code or is this something that is available through the API?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imolafem wrote: »
    @code65536 I realize this is an old post, but a guildie referenced it in conversation this morning. I was wondering how you came about the drop rates you posted above? Do you have access to the source code or is this something that is available through the API?

Code likely ran the trials more times that he cares to count and kept track of the drops for the entire group. His page notes he is on PC where there are addons that can tell you want everyone received in loot.
  • testd4n1
    testd4n1
    ✭✭✭
    imolafem wrote: »

You'd have too look at some more up to date info. BoE sets no longer drop in the craglorn trials as far as I know.
  • erlewine
    erlewine
    ✭✭✭
    heres how craglorn trial drops work now
    theres one set that is shared amongst all 3 craglorn trials: infallible aether, vicious ophidian, and eternal yokeda. then each trial has a zone-specific set:
    Aetherian Archive: Healing Mage, Quick Serpent, Defending Warrior
    Hel Ra Citadel: Destruction Mage, Poisonous Serpent, Berserking Warrior
    Sanctum Ophidia: Wise Mage, Twice-Fanged Serpent, Immortal Warrior

on normal, bosses drop zone-specific sets at 80% rate, and 20% craglorn-specific. on veteran its flipped, craglorn-specific drop 80%, zone-specific 20%. As for jewelry, doing veteran non-hardmode will drop guaranteed one jewelry, which is 80% likely to be craglorn-specific, but again rarely will be zone-specific. Doing last boss hardmode will also drop an additional gem that is 80% likely to be zone-specific.

Basically, if you want a set specific to that trial, do Normal for the armor, Vet hardmode for the jewelry.
    eisley the worst