Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Notice: Guild Functionality

• LoMagick
    LoMagick
    ✭✭
    Hey as long as I get it back the way it was I'm fine.
  • Apolonius
    Apolonius
    Okay disabled so when it comes back on will all the items in the banks be there again...will they have to be reformed, and why after what 12 or 14 hrs did the guilds get pulled they didnt seem to be a problem last night. Also, still no mail, and now no guild banks gonna make sending friends items a hassle but who cares right.

As for those all "get a life" Its not crying and whining to expect things to get better after this much down time, not worse. Do you take you car into get fixed, and then are okay with getting it back more broken than it was?

• madterryk
    madterryk
    its a new game, its going to be buggy, there going to need to be lots of fixes, and weird things happening.

I'd like to know a lot more about what's up too. In the meantime we can still group and work together. Many of us can still communicate through vent or ts if needed.

Are friends lists still working? I'm patching now, haven't been able to log in yet.
  • SkOODaT
    SkOODaT
    ✭✭✭
    Im in complete agreence with the whining this may be pre-axcess but we paid for this and with all these broken systems and downtime, better communication from the devs is not too much to ask, having 10 hours of downtime only to have a major system break right after.... with no details :S ....
  • Zebular
    Zebular
    ✭✭
    12+ hours of downtime, to turn off a primary function of this game....lovely.
    + Would you rather have a broken game?

There is no record of major game breaking bugs involving the guild system.

THAT is why we want to know why the hell it was taken offline.

I have a roster I'm trying to maintain and not all of them are on my friends list.
    Well, obviously because there was indeed some sort of bug affecting some part of the guild system. Not all bug are made public knowledge, to do so could be potentially very bad (exploits). It's not the end of the world, it's a game. Things happen.
    Mysté [ Breton Femaile • DC • Daedric Storm Sorcereress; Dest/Rest • Alchemist ]
    Old Zeb [ Imperial Male • DC • Dark Storm Sorcerer; Dest/Rest • Enchanter ]
    Rarymwr Rua'srrii-mrha'Ra [ Kahjiit Male • AD • Draconic Earthen Dragonknight; Dual/1HS • Blacksmith ]
    Zebular [ Dark Elf Male • EP • Shadow Assassin Nightblade; Bow/Rest • Woodworker ]
    Zebular Ilyturials [ Imperial Male • DC • Draconic Ardent Dragonknight; 1HS/2H • Provisioner ]
    Zyza [ Kahjiit Vampire Female • DC • Siphoning Assassin Nightblade; Dual/Bow • Clothier ]
  • circilion
    circilion
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet! Downloading the patch now! Guild access is a minor issue for me as I am such a friendless player haha. Still looking for a solid PvE guild to hook up with when I am a decent level.
    >:)
  • mullerlitenb16_ESO
    Frankly they should take down both servers, seems alot of zones need a restart now, quests are starting to bug. Can't do my main quest line..The guildchat loss is a non-issue
  • dnhoodb14a_ESO
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the introduction of the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood which they said would be available at launch.
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zebular wrote: »

I have a roster I'm trying to maintain and not all of them are on my friends list.
    Well, obviously because there was indeed some sort of bug affecting some part of the guild system. Not all bug are made public knowledge, to do so could be potentially very bad (exploits). It's not the end of the world, it's a game. Things happen.

As a guild leader I have a right to know what the hell is going to happen to my roster in the event that they screw this up majorly because I *don't* have a list anywhere else.

Not a single one of the gamebreaking reported bugs had anything to do with the guild system. They've not said they identified an issue with it either. THAT is the problem.

It wasn't broken. They've never said it was broken. They just took it offline for no farking reason.
  • purgatorywolf_ESO
    -cry-
    ~*~Some people are like slinkies. Completely useless, but it makes you smile to push them down the stairs. ~*~
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the introduction of the Thieves' Guild and Dark Brotherhood which they said would be available at launch.

They never said they'd be available at launch.
  • Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    If the game was B2P or F2P this outage would have been for 30 hours, and guilds would have been wiped entirely.

Just sayin.
  • Txhorns23
    Txhorns23
    ✭✭
    This is not a good start...sigh.
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭

I would surmise that, if there was a major game-breaking/exploiting bug involving a core system, they'd want to freeze its use to research and test before enabling, to prevent others from stumbling on it too.
    Turgenev || PS | COH | STO | TSW | ESOProud Member of IRON Phoenix
    "Remember. You chose this death." - Lucifer
  • TJBs_Sharrarp
    TJBs_Sharrarp
    Soul Shriven
    SkOODaT wrote: »
    Im in complete agreence with the whining this may be pre-axcess but we paid for this and with all these broken systems and downtime, better communication from the devs is not too much to ask, having 10 hours of downtime only to have a major system break right after.... with no details :S ....

You did not pay for pre-access that was a bonus for pre-ordering. The devs obviously do not want to tell everyone what the issue is, so im asssume its some sort of exploit that they are taking care of. Guessing that they hit some issues when trying to fix stuff during the downtime and instead of not letting people play for hours they pulled guilds until they fix whatever was wrong. I also will bet when they do open them back they will tell us a very vague reasoning just like they do in every MMO. So that people do not learn of the exploits.
  • MilkMan
    MilkMan
    they are adding a new build today thats part of this but the guild thing idk.
  • BzzmentDwllr
    BzzmentDwllr
    Soul Shriven
    TEMPORARILY disabled, people. Chill out. Jessica I wouldn't want your job. i would have vision problems from the strain of constant eye roll.

No doubt, people paid for a product and they are not getting their money's worth AND the company isn't giving out any information on WHY they are NOT getting their money's worth. I guess you might like paying for stuff you don't receive but others may not, and hey they are ENTITLED to, so maybe you should chill?

• AshleyLee
    AshleyLee
    ✭✭✭
    TURN OFF THE COOLDOWN TO ADD FRIENDS I finally find a list of guildies from my live stream and after adding about 6 it says I have to wait.
  • KerisDoin
    KerisDoin
    As a guild leader I have a right to know what the hell is going to happen to my roster in the event that they screw this up majorly because I *don't* have a list anywhere else.

Not a single one of the gamebreaking reported bugs had anything to do with the guild system. They've not said they identified an issue with it either. THAT is the problem.

It wasn't broken. They've never said it was broken. They just took it offline for no farking reason.

First of all you agreed to their contract, which means you dont have any rights to know anything they dont want to tell you.
    Second, they wouldn't disable any gamefeatures for "no farking reason". They know it gonna hurt themselves, they aren't stupid. They said it will be restored to what it was before they disabled it so dont panic.

Every person that knows anything about programming know what a struggle it can be to find what exactly causes the bugs and how hard it is to fix those without causing more problems. Give them a break, have some trust in them, they are working on it and they WILL fix it. Meanwhile people should go get some fresh air, since some people seem like they need it badly.
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭

What the hell is going to happen to your roster? Let's look at the OP.
    When guild functionality is returned, all guild-related tools and functions will be as they were before we turned them off.

Ah, forums, you saucy mynx, pulling me into a bar fight while I'm trying to have a day job...
  • LostScot
    LostScot
    ✭✭✭
    Well since they've taken all guild functionality offline I really hope they take the time to fix all the guild bank duplication bugs - I reported several in beta and even suggested fixes. Very disappointed to find those same exploits have made it onto the live servers.
  • Sananab
    Sananab
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    Please don't Let Trolls Get to you. ZOS is doing a Great job with the launch and we really do Appreciate the amount of contact we get to keep up in the Loop. ESO is a Great game with a Great team behind it. Keep up the Good Work and know that there are some of us Mature Players out there who are very Happy with everything you and your team has done.. Thanks
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turgenev wrote: »

I would surmise that, if there was a major game-breaking/exploiting bug involving a core system, they'd want to freeze its use to research and test before enabling, to prevent others from stumbling on it too.

And I would surmise that they'd at least freaking say something that isn't "we took this offline" and not give a reason.
    KerisDoin wrote: »

First of all you agreed to their contract, which means you dont have any rights to know anything they dont want to tell you.
    Second, they wouldn't disable any gamefeatures for "no farking reason". They know it gonna hurt themselves, they aren't stupid. They said it will be restored to what it was before they disabled it so dont panic.

Every person that knows anything about programming know what a struggle it can be to find what exactly causes the bugs and how hard it is to fix those without causing more problems. Give them a break, have some trust in them, they are working on it and they WILL fix it. Meanwhile people should go get some fresh air, since some people seem like they need it badly.

I know plenty about programming and I know plenty about corporate policy, thank you very much.

Not saying a damn thing when they take a key social feature out of the game with no rhyme nor reason when there is no apparent problem with it is HORRIBLE PR.

Argue with me all you want, it is what it is. If anyone had done this in most any other company, they'd have been fired.

"There's a potential problem with the system and we're taking it down for review" isn't farking hard to say.

When guild functionality is returned, all guild-related tools and functions will be as they were before we turned them off.

Ah, forums, you saucy mynx, pulling me into a bar fight while I'm trying to have a day job...

You missed "in the event they screw this up majorly".

Learn to read.
    LostScot wrote: »
    Well since they've taken all guild functionality offline I really hope they take the time to fix all the guild bank duplication bugs - I reported several in beta and even suggested fixes. Very disappointed to find those same exploits have made it onto the live servers.

This would make sense, and I'm incredibly disappointed that notice of something like this came from a player and not a CM.
    Sananab wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom‌
    Please don't Let Trolls Get to you. ZOS is doing a Great job with the launch and we really do Appreciate the amount of contact we get to keep up in the Loop. ESO is a Great game with a Great team behind it. Keep up the Good Work and know that there are some of us Mature Players out there who are very Happy with everything you and your team has done.. Thanks

Keep what in the loop?

So far their record of updates and letting people know what's going on is kind of lacking.
  • Angua
    Angua
    ✭✭✭
    I really hate this, but I would love to know why some things are going down-- what could have caused a huge bug like being knocked into other accounts and banks disappearing.

Knowing that the bug was identified and assuredly fixed is something that really needs to happen--since in another patch, we were told that Dark Anchors had been fixed and the bug recognized and then that a lot of quests were as well, and yet in the beta after that, nothing had changed.

It's very frustrating. I would like more transparency with things like this, especially when things are down for half a day since this has NEVER happened before in a Beta to this duration.
  • roblock81b14_ESO
    Maybe they should have had an actual "Open Beta" for more then a weekend ;)
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Angua wrote: »
    I really hate this, but I would love to know why some things are going down-- what could have caused a huge bug like being knocked into other accounts and banks disappearing.

Knowing that the bug was identified and assuredly fixed is something that really needs to happen--since in another patch, we were told that Dark Anchors had been fixed and the bug recognized and then that a lot of quests were as well, and yet in the beta after that, nothing had changed.

It's very frustrating. I would like more transparency with things like this, especially when things are down for half a day since this has NEVER happened before in a Beta to this duration.

They've said they fixed Balreth like 20 times now.

They *finally* did it with this patch.

Im really not believing them when they say they've fixed something.
  • Natai
    Natai
    ✭✭
    Hmm, on the other hand, perhaps they are trying to implement the additional guild ranks they were working on?

I could understand them wanting to bring the servers back up without guilds, rather then making everyone wait for a feature many may not use.

Would make some sense, since there have not been any reported bugs with the guild system...
  • Netizen_of_Tamriel
    ...people paid for a product and they are not getting their money's worth AND the company isn't giving out any information on WHY they are NOT getting their money's worth. I guess you might like paying for stuff you don't receive but others may not, and hey they are ENTITLED to, so maybe you should chill?

Your sense of outrage rings false. 1) They don't need to tell you why. Are you on the QA management committee? Are you going to write the code to fix it? If they tell you the issue might be caused by a problem with torn page detection on the authentication database are you going to be satisfied? No. 2) Also, you didn't pay for a product. You paid for a service. And the Terms of Service you paid for say there will be maintenance, and that not all features will be available at all times. You think they are doing this just to irritate you? Please explain how that line of thinking makes sense. 3) Finally, you are not entitled to anything other than a license to play the game when it's up and running. If they decide to remove guilds completely from the game forever, they can do that. If you do not accept the terms of service you are free to vote with your wallet.
  • Turgenev
    Turgenev
    ✭✭✭

Learn to read.

Actually, I didn't. Breaking down your sentence for you, with the pertinent bits emphasized and such.

So, using the above, your right to know, in the event of this screw up, is in the OP:
    "...all guild-related tools and functions will be as they were before we turned them off."

I'm not trying to be a jerk to you, Eq2imora. I'm trying to poke through your wall of anger here and show you that, seriously, it was in the OP.

BTW: Unless you have a different question or complaint, I'm walking away from this one. I can't explain it better than I have up above. Any further piddlywhacking on your part regarding my comments, unless it really shows something I'm missing (I read it; I don't think so), I'll just let slide. Cheers. I hope you find the droids you're looking for.
    Edited by Turgenev on April 2, 2014 7:54PM
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Learn to read.

Actually, I didn't. Breaking down your sentence for you, with the pertinent bits emphasized and such.

So, using the above, your right to know, in the event of this screw up, is in the OP:
    "...all guild-related tools and functions will be as they were before we turned them off."

I'm not trying to be a jerk to you, Eq2imora. I'm trying to poke through your wall of anger here and show you that, seriously, it was in the OP.

BTW: Unless you have a different question or complaint, I'm walking away from this one. I can't explain it better than I have up above. Any further piddlywhacking on your part regarding my comments, unless it really shows something I'm missing (I read it; I don't think so), I'll just let slide. Cheers. I hope you find the droids you're looking for.

I'm sorry you can't read.

You still didn't get it.

Have a good one.