Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Players running on top of thier mounts

BozzyTheDrummer
BozzyTheDrummer
✭✭✭✭
For the longest time I thought this as an in game addition or something in collections for riding mounts. I have since found out that this is a glitch and is not intentional. I actually wish this was intentional thing in game. I actually happen to like and think it's amusing when I see people running around the game on top of their mounts. Always makes me laugh. I wish we had an option to toggle this on or off, or something.
Xbox NA
CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw someone with the jester personality running on top of their mount. Even more funny with that goofy animation.
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soon our mounts will ride on top of us.
  • BozzyTheDrummer
    BozzyTheDrummer
    ✭✭✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    I saw someone with the jester personality running on top of their mount. Even more funny with that goofy animation.

It cracks me up! I wish I could select to run on top of my mount.
    Xbox NA
    CP810+

Valthyr Alynwen High Elf MagSorc EP
    Valeon Indoril Dark Elf MagDK EP
    Willard Lorrthane Breton MagDen EP
    Faelian Elilanar High Elf MagPlar EP
    Dro'Kassa Khajiit MagCro EP
    Im-Tanky-Enough Argonian Tank EP
    Lorgdan Bladesmith Orc StamBlade DC
    Cyrus Hayle Redguard StamSorc EP
    Xuxtheem-Light-Bearer Argonian Healer AD
    Galen Morthain Dark Elf MagBlade EP
    Burgesh the Mighty Orc StamDen DC
    Mekar the Vile Orc StamCro DC

"Fimmion hungry. Want sweetroll. Fimmion like pants. Love sweetroll."
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just mount up really quickly when you spawn in to make it work :smile: I kinda hate it when it happens to me, if I'm honest xD Funny to see others do it though!
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It cracks me up. When I'm on discord with my duo partner and I hear "Get down from there!" I know what her toon is doing. xD
  • GamerAeryn
    GamerAeryn
    ✭✭✭
    Gaming Youtube: TESO questing gameplay

GamerAeryn - 15/15, ESO+, beta, 1k+
    GamerAeryn2 - 15/15, ESO+, 780+
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It makes me smile every time it happens, whether to me or someone running by. :-)
    The Moot Councillor
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭
    JaZ2091 wrote: »

only in Russia
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've seen a new (to me) one this week; people skimming along roads with only their shoulders and heads above ground level.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you wayshrine somewhere, hold the mount, sprint, and direction keys as soon as the load screen disappears. You will be running on your mount until you stop sprinting.
  • hellhound223
    hellhound223
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen a new (to me) one this week; people skimming along roads with only their shoulders and heads above ground level.

That happened to me recently, when I was previewing mounts inside the Alinor bank. When I exited the menu, anytime I moved I was suddenly skimming along in the ground, buried from my shoulders down! Very strange :o
    PC-NA
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That happened to me recently, when I was previewing mounts inside the Alinor bank. When I exited the menu, anytime I moved I was suddenly skimming along in the ground, buried from my shoulders down! Very strange :o

Looks amusing. :) Vulkhel Guard the other night was an assortment of people running on their horses, skimming along and even some rubber-banding.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thats happened already actually
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No because that's technically bestiality and in some cultures that's frowned upon mmkay
    PC / NA - 1250 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit StamDK PvE DPS 76k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA Potato PetSorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

| Aedra | Fellowship of the Ble | Latency Challenged | The Skooma Emporium | Unlimited |
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hamgatan wrote: »

No because that's technically bestiality and in some cultures that's frowned upon mmkay

its already happened theres a bug where they actually run on top of you
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the longest time I thought this as an in game addition or something in collections for riding mounts. I have since found out that this is a glitch and is not intentional. I actually wish this was intentional thing in game. I actually happen to like and think it's amusing when I see people running around the game on top of their mounts. Always makes me laugh. I wish we had an option to toggle this on or off, or something.

Please yes.I want to be able to run on top of my mount at will.
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Betsararie on June 6, 2018 3:29AM
  • Cave_Canem
    Cave_Canem
    ✭✭✭
    It happens a lot less than it used to, but I still consider it an amusing show of my mastery of all beasts saddled when it happens to me.

Please don't fix this bug until its the last on the list!
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has been happening since the beta iirc.

They fixed a few things related to mounts but that bug has stayed around and is pretty cool when it happens.
    Master Debater
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about that one when your character has its hip turned and when you move your mount a bit to the sides it starts twitching.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

My Senche has already done that to one of my Khajiit.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cave_Canem wrote: »
    It happens a lot less than it used to, but I still consider it an amusing show of my mastery of all beasts saddled when it happens to me.

Please don't fix this bug until its the last on the list!

No.Don't ever fix it.Make it a feature.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jumping or just standing still for a second will fix it. It’s the same with the glitch where your characters wiggles on the horse.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a Centaur thing, get with the times OP * puts on cool Dwemer shades
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the one "no ETA on fix" I'm ok with.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Funniest Glitch ever.

How can i trigger this effect ?
    PC
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ilithyania wrote: »
    Funniest Glitch ever.

How can i trigger this effect ?

Lag when loading into the game seems to work pretty well.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only in Russia
    In Soviet Russia, precisely speaking.

I don't like this bug, it annoys me. So, don't try to make it a funny intentional feature here, like animation cancelling. I almost sure, that the root of this problem is in treating (technically) mounts as "pants", which gives character a speed boost. There is also another kind of bug with the riding animation. Sometimes character's upper body become paralyzed, and he sits in the saddle straight even during gallop. Devs should do something with it, but for some reasons they don't. These problems were here as long as I play TESO, but I can't accept them regardless. It was kinda funny only for the first time... No, more like annoying, even when I first saw it, yes. Again, it's a bug, please, fix it already.
    Edited by logarifmik on June 6, 2018 10:02AM
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • AbysmalGhul
    AbysmalGhul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    only in Russia
    In Soviet Russia, precisely speaking.

I don't like this bug, it annoys me. So, don't try to make it a funny intentional feature here, like animation cancelling. I almost sure, that the root of this problem is in treating (technically) mounts as "pants", which gives character a speed boost. There is also another kind of bug with the riding animation. Sometimes character's upper body become paralyzed, and he sits in the saddle straight even during gallop. Devs should do something with it, but for some reasons they don't. These problems were here as long as I play TESO, but I can't accept them regardless. It was kinda funny only for the first time... No, more like annoying, even when I first saw it, yes. Again, it's a bug, please, fix it already.

You forgot about the bug where you're waist deep in the earth riding your mount :)
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is my favourite glitch lmao
    PC EU