The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Players running on top of thier mounts

• valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alaztor91 wrote: »
    What about that one when your character has its hip turned and when you move your mount a bit to the sides it starts twitching.

love this one too. pls dont fix
    PC EU
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    JaZ2091 wrote: »
    Soon our mounts will ride on top of us.
    only in Russia
    In Soviet Russia, precisely speaking.

I don't like this bug, it annoys me. So, don't try to make it a funny intentional feature here, like animation cancelling. I almost sure, that the root of this problem is in treating (technically) mounts as "pants", which gives character a speed boost. There is also another kind of bug with the riding animation. Sometimes character's upper body become paralyzed, and he sits in the saddle straight even during gallop. Devs should do something with it, but for some reasons they don't. These problems were here as long as I play TESO, but I can't accept them regardless. It was kinda funny only for the first time... No, more like annoying, even when I first saw it, yes. Again, it's a bug, please, fix it already.

You forgot about the bug where you're waist deep in the earth riding your mount :)
    Indeed! Hate this bug as well. Fix, please.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have since found out that this is a glitch and is not intentional.
    Of course it's not intentional.

Yet, those who do it take advantage of an exploit.

Will they get banned for it?

This is the hypocrisy I have of the player base who gets upset people exploit a dungeon and complain about it, but think it's "cute" to see people running on their mounts.

I don't like seeing it, but I tolerate it because gamers will always be gamers.

• Slyjinxy
    Slyjinxy
    ✭✭✭
    Cave_Canem wrote: »
    It happens a lot less than it used to, but I still consider it an amusing show of my mastery of all beasts saddled when it happens to me.

Please don't fix this bug until its the last on the list!

This is a bug that's been around since the game launched, or soon after. I read somewhere, and I'm not going to look for ot, that ZOS thought it was a funny glitch so they never fixed it. True or not? I have no idea.

The bug comes and goes in varying degrees with every patch. It never really happened to me until a couple of months ago.
  • Arezius
    Arezius
    ✭✭✭
    A recurring bug that never got fixed :

Screenshot_20180613_185352.png
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only in Russia

I don't like this bug, it annoys me. So, don't try to make it a funny intentional feature here, like animation cancelling. I almost sure, that the root of this problem is in treating (technically) mounts as "pants", which gives character a speed boost. There is also another kind of bug with the riding animation. Sometimes character's upper body become paralyzed, and he sits in the saddle straight even during gallop. Devs should do something with it, but for some reasons they don't. These problems were here as long as I play TESO, but I can't accept them regardless. It was kinda funny only for the first time... No, more like annoying, even when I first saw it, yes. Again, it's a bug, please, fix it already.

Fixing this bug will only do more harm than good.Best to just leave it be.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only in Russia

You forgot about the bug where you're waist deep in the earth riding your mount :)
    Indeed! Hate this bug as well. Fix, please.

not a chance in hell
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand how people can dislike this bug.
  • KingofAnnwn
    KingofAnnwn
    ✭✭✭
    Arezius wrote: »
    A recurring bug that never got fixed :

Screenshot_20180613_185352.png

It's only happend to me once. That pic makes it look awesome IMO.
    Xbox One (Very Rare)
    DC - Gwenhwyfar Gwraig - Redguard Vamp Stamplar
    DC - Kiarina Florcht - Redguard Stamden
    PC
    AD - Lilwen Haf - Altmer Mag Sorc
    EP - Tarmena Diloren - Dunmer Magblade
    DC - Eletti Ghellon - Redguard Stamblade
    PS5
    DC - Arianwen Adahl - Breton Magcro
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I always see these people and wonder if they realise how dumb they look doing this..
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 14, 2018 9:37AM
  • swippy
    swippy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the other day i hit sprint and Rapids while mounting up, and my dude's legs were running so fast!! i tried to turn around and make another tour of Daggerfall before it expired but the elevation change at the wayshrine messed me up :( haha
  • klowdy1
    klowdy1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol, why would this be part of the game at all? Why would you think people would want this as a feature? Yeah it's a glitch.
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I always get a chuckle out of it. I think the other glitch where my character will scoot their butt along the ground after dismounting is also pretty funny :)
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only in Russia

Harm? And how exactly?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only in Russia

Harm? And how exactly?

I would remove comic relief.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For the longest time I thought this as an in game addition or something in collections for riding mounts. I have since found out that this is a glitch and is not intentional. I actually wish this was intentional thing in game. I actually happen to like and think it's amusing when I see people running around the game on top of their mounts. Always makes me laugh. I wish we had an option to toggle this on or off, or something.
    Agree! It cracks me up! I love
    It!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cave_Canem wrote: »
    It happens a lot less than it used to, but I still consider it an amusing show of my mastery of all beasts saddled when it happens to me.

Please don't fix this bug until its the last on the list!

I know right?! Look MA! No hands!

It's like being in the circus!
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »
    I have since found out that this is a glitch and is not intentional.
    Of course it's not intentional.

Yet, those who do it take advantage of an exploit.

Will they get banned for it?

This is the hypocrisy I have of the player base who gets upset people exploit a dungeon and complain about it, but think it's "cute" to see people running on their mounts.

I don't like seeing it, but I tolerate it because gamers will always be gamers.

That's dumb!

It's happened to me a few times and I've never ever done it on purpose!

I didn't even know one could possibly, until this thread.
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't understand how people can dislike this bug.

I don't dislike it, but it does look rather silly. I did laugh the first time I saw it, but once the novelty wears off, it's a lot less funny. I wouldn't insist on it being removed though, if other people enjoy it.
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is my second favorite glitch. My favorite would be while wearing the skeleton polymorph any skin you're wearing will show. It does unfortunately go away once you hit a load screen though.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• CaiWenji
    CaiWenji
    ✭✭✭✭
    My favorite horse glitch was the goblin one where I'd surf on a static horse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjngQcPPI1E
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CaiWenji wrote: »
    My favorite horse glitch was the goblin one where I'd surf on a static horse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=OjngQcPPI1E

So we can finally have flying mounts
  • Micah_Bayer
    Micah_Bayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For the longest time I thought this as an in game addition or something in collections for riding mounts. I have since found out that this is a glitch and is not intentional. I actually wish this was intentional thing in game. I actually happen to like and think it's amusing when I see people running around the game on top of their mounts. Always makes me laugh. I wish we had an option to toggle this on or off, or something.

Yet bounty hunting systems are immersion breaking.
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The thing I hate most in this game is when my character stops running on top of his mount to sit on it normally. Such a disappointment.
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    Running on top of the mount looks so much better than the scooting along like a dog with an *** glad issue.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It does not break the Crown Store - so assume it is never going to get fixed
    The second after it effects the Crown Store, expect an emergency shut-down and a fix, no matter how many other non-crown store things the untested patch causes to glitch!

Edited by Gythral on June 14, 2018 7:52PM
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • MEBengalsFan2001
    MEBengalsFan2001
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought this was an add on you could buy from the crown store at one point. I never realized it was bug. This is interesting.
  • fgoron2000
    fgoron2000
    ✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    This has been happening since the beta iirc.

They fixed a few things related to mounts but that bug has stayed around and is pretty cool when it happens.

...beta? guess again...this bug has been part of TES since the original Skyrim at least. I can't remember if it was in Oblivion or not, because I rarely used mounts with the extensive fast travel that game had...

Had it not been in Skyrim, I'd say yeah, it's a straight glitch, but as it's been around since at least one previous stand-alone game, and has still not been corrected after 4 years in this game, I almost wonder if they left it in intentionally as a legacy easter egg...

there are a number of clips on youtube showing the "horse-running" in Skyrim. This one is interesting, because of the 2nd glitch, and check out the bear's reaction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93W6mB0ZqCM
    [/url]
    Edited by fgoron2000 on June 15, 2018 5:32AM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    only in Russia

Harm? And how exactly?

I would remove comic relief.

and it might potentially break something else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • TheGr8David
    TheGr8David
    ✭✭✭
    Please ZOS, never ever fix this glitch.
    PC-NA-EP

Argonian - StamDK - Tank - Leaves-Friends-Dead
    Orc - DK - Crafter - Burker

I saw the "I" yo! CHIM me baby!