Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Notice: Guild Functionality

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
All guild functionality has been temporarily disabled. We will notify you when it has been turned back on. When guild functionality is returned, all guild-related tools and functions will be as they were before we turned them off. Please let us know if you have any questions.
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • chriar
    chriar
    Are you able to tell us why its been disabled?
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do we still *have* guilds? Like, chat at least? Logging in guildless is going to put off a LOT of people.
  • purgatorywolf_ESO
    Does this means invites, chat, and roster? Please elaborate!
    Edited by purgatorywolf_ESO on April 2, 2014 6:49PM
    ~*~Some people are like slinkies. Completely useless, but it makes you smile to push them down the stairs. ~*~
  • Warregory
    Warregory
    Is Guild Chat enabled still? I have a good RP guild on the Dominion and the members are great! :'(
    Aldmeri Khajiit!

"For the Queen!"
  • Warregory
    Warregory
    Edit: Double post. Sorry.
    Edited by Warregory on April 2, 2014 6:48PM
    Aldmeri Khajiit!

"For the Queen!"
  • Spacefiddle
    Spacefiddle
    ✭✭✭
    For an hour? A day? A week? This is very bad, tacking this up here after the "coming back up now!" notice is sent. Any time in the last 6 hours would have given people some warning. You're going to get a flood of tickets and forum posts now, for everyone going back in who didn't happen to catch this last-second announcement.

Change the every-page-banner that currently says "down for maintenance" to a warning about the loss of guild functions, I think. Even better, make it also be a link to a post that explicitly states "guild functions" that are affected - seeing people online? Chat channel? Bank? I realize probably all of it, but this brief announcement, almost after the fact, is going to cause more problems than it solves.
    Edited by Spacefiddle on April 2, 2014 6:51PM
  • SG_Celerrimus
    SG_Celerrimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom ETA on when this will be turned back on? Tonight? Also, can you tell us why it was turned off?
  • ghost151
    ghost151
    ✭✭
    So no bank access?
  • Netizen_of_Tamriel
    TEMPORARILY disabled, people. Chill out. Jessica I wouldn't want your job. i would have vision problems from the strain of constant eye roll.
  • jj69chevub17_ESO
    Agree that some input on why things are being taken down would be nice, don't need detail necessarily, but something would be nicw
  • Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I still have folks I need to invite that are late to start.

Why theyre down would be a start.
  • Malpercio
    Malpercio
    All guild functionality - Safe to assume guilds are a no go for now. They still exist in the database, however it seems all features of the guild: chat, GBank, GStore, etc are disabled.
  • skarots13
    skarots13
    ✭✭
    thanks for the update
  • jdkorreckpreub18_ESO
    More info would be great as this is a pretty core feature of an mmo.
  • Bansheedragon
    Bansheedragon
    ✭✭✭
    How long will this be disabled and why is it disabled?

As if it was not enough with the quest bugs, crashes and login issues, and there are people saying this is a smooth launch?
    I have honestly seen better launches than this, then again I have seen worse too.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here's a hint guys. They're down because something is wrong with them. They'll be back up as soon as they can get it squared away.
  • jmossb14_ESO
    any chance this has something to do with the gold spamming thing?
    A circle is the reflection of eternity. It has no beginning and it has no end - and if you put several circles over each other, then you get a spiral.
  • Natai
    Natai
    ✭✭
    All guild functions are down - roster, invites, banks, etc.
    Essentially, it appears as though you had no guild.

I understand this is "temporary".

Still, we could definitely use some more info on this.
    • Why they were disabled
    • General ETA (couple hours, day, what?)
    • If bringing them back online is going to require the servers to come down again
  • chaosngn_ESO
    chaosngn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Turned off? My entire guild of 120 people is gone and it says I need to create a new one.
  • Soulpuppet
    Soulpuppet
    ✭✭✭
    12+ hours of downtime, to turn off a primary function of this game....lovely.
  • TirielsWhisper
    TirielsWhisper
    ✭✭✭
    I really wish you guys would explain what the hell is going on. 13 hour downtime and now we can't do anything as a group. No parties, no guilds, no mail. This is stupid.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be very interested in know why it was disabled, the same with the mail systems.
    The only thing that comes to my mind is some kind of exploit in regards to items.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • MilkMan
    MilkMan
    All guild functionality has been temporarily disabled. We will notify you when it has been turned back on. When guild functionality is returned, all guild-related tools and functions will be as they were before we turned them off. Please let us know if you have any questions.

i hope everything is right i spent a lot of time recruiting farming and spending all my gold and time into the guild. if its gone you can kiss a members *** good bye i want my pre order back if that's the case.
    Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 2, 2014 7:55PM
  • Zerikin
    Zerikin
    More details about guilds please, that is kind of a major feature to disable.
  • Deorro
    Deorro
    Man a lot of you people need to stop crying and whining. Do you guys even MMO? This is launch week, it's gonna be a bumpy ride, at least they are TRYING to resolve the in-game issues. THIS is why you all pay a monthly sub fee, so they can constantly try to make this game better + add new content in the future. A few hours or days of not being in your guild or playing this game won't kill you. Get a life.
    Deorro - Imperial Dragon Knight, Ebonheart Pact (NA Server)
  • Awesometographer
    Awesometographer
    ✭✭✭
    + Would you rather have a broken game?

• Sakiri
    Sakiri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + Would you rather have a broken game?

There is no record of major game breaking bugs involving the guild system.

THAT is why we want to know why the hell it was taken offline.

I have a roster I'm trying to maintain and not all of them are on my friends list.
  • Nasar
    Nasar
    Soul Shriven
    Wonder what was wrong. Didn't realize disabled meant taken away for the time. I figured they meant disabled invite/bank/store.
    Edited by Nasar on April 2, 2014 7:19PM
  • davidgullatteb14_ESO
    y'all are some whiny people. Guild functionality is down because there were some issues that seemed important enough that it was worth the risk of upsetting people in order to take them down and get it fixed. A team of people who do this for a living made this decision; trust them.

You don't need to know why unless you are a member of their dev team and can propose and code a solution. Just sit tight and wait for them to polish the spots that need it.
  • SaladPlantation
    Deorro wrote: »
    Man a lot of you people need to stop crying and whining. Do you guys even MMO? This is launch week, it's gonna be a bumpy ride, at least they are TRYING to resolve the in-game issues. THIS is why you all pay a monthly sub fee, so they can constantly try to make this game better + add new content in the future. A few hours or days of not being in your guild or playing this game won't kill you. Get a life.

I agree that people shouldn't overreact, but that doesn't mean you have to tell people to "get a life". That's quite rude.

It's a fair question to wonder how long the guild services is going to be down as it's a large feature in an MMO.
    Edited by SaladPlantation on April 2, 2014 7:03PM