Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suspended Accounts

KittyVonPurr
1064 suspended accounts pre ordered summerset isles and was informed that they would have investigations completed by June 5th in time to receive the dlc they paid real money for they cannot log into summerset isles nor have they been advised to apply for a refund is that legal ???
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, they don't have the option to apply for a refund. Read the ToS.

No exploit. No suspension. No ban. No worries.

/thread
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll be taking care of these a little later today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • KittyVonPurr
    So your saying you will let the people who have been suspended know if they have been banned or not?
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I dont know why people are banned for exploiting stuff like this..
    Its like putting sweets on a table and asking a child not to eat them.

I think Alcast on his stream said that back in the day people were banned for Dragon Leaping into keeps..
    DKs leaping into keeps was one of the coolest things to ever happen in this game!
    I was a Templar at this time and considered it my job to defend helps, but watching the grace and dexterity of a DK 'invasion' always left me speechless.

How many people will be left in this game if everyone who exploits a bug is banned?? hmm
    PS4 EU is already pretty empty most of the time and to be honest I've already moved onto another game due to sheer boredom (although I will investigating Summerset)

ZOS, how can you ban people or suspend them when you don't even fix your own game...
    When do we the players get to hold you accountable for your actions?? NEVER...

I think the lack of experienced veteran players is seriously hurting the game right now.. These are the types of people who look for bugs just for fun.. they shouldn't be banned but congratulated on their attention to detail, forward thinking and ability to bend the rules.. in other worlds innovative behaviour..

Video games would not exist without people like this in the world..
  • MörKi
    MörKi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are or will the suspended accounts be re-enabled today? I can not see it yet because I still download the patch.
    Edited by MörKi on June 5, 2018 12:48PM
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    moonio wrote: »

I think Alcast on his stream said that back in the day people were banned for Dragon Leaping into keeps..
    DKs leaping into keeps was one of the coolest things to ever happen in this game!
    I was a Templar at this time and considered it my job to defend helps, but watching the grace and dexterity of a DK 'invasion' always left me speechless.

How many people will be left in this game if everyone who exploits a bug is banned?? hmm
    PS4 EU is already pretty empty most of the time and to be honest I've already moved onto another game due to sheer boredom (although I will investigating Summerset)

ZOS, how can you ban people or suspend them when you don't even fix your own game...
    When do we the players get to hold you accountable for your actions?? NEVER...

I think the lack of experienced veteran players is seriously hurting the game right now.. These are the types of people who look for bugs just for fun.. they shouldn't be banned but congratulated on their attention to detail, forward thinking and ability to bend the rules.. in other worlds innovative behaviour..

Video games would not exist without people like this in the world..

“PS4 EU is already pretty empty”
    I don’t think you can attribute that to everyone being banned.

Also I’m one of those experienced vet players you talk about who finds exploits. The difference though is that I report them, instead of staying silent and taking advantage of them. There’s a difference between those two actions.

As for DKs leaping onto Keeps - there is an enormous difference between that and going out of map to solo vAS HM with Snipe.... :lol:
    Edited by Vaoh on June 5, 2018 12:51PM
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    • Everyone here is over the age of 5.
    • You might consider raising your standards for the human race, in general, just a teeny bit.
    • There are reasons some people should probably not procreate.

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a game where people are rewarded for taking risks, why are they being banned for behaving as the game intends them to?

• Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is a game where people are rewarded for taking risks, why are they being banned for behaving as the game intends them to?
    Probably because cutting a hole in the ceiling with a sawzall in order to get to the candy on the table probably isn't really intended, risk or not. (And the 5 year old even realizes this.)

Earn it.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A. Are you seriously arguing that ZOS intended people to beat vet Asylum Sanctorium by standing outside the boss area and sniping /caltroping him to death?

Sorry, man, that's obviously not intended. You'd think the first wave of bans would have gotten that through to people, but apparently some were up for round 2 and are reaping the obvious consequences.

B. ZOS has already stated that bypassing the need to siege keep walls with stuff like DK leaps is an exploit. AKA, siegeing is intended. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278031/cyrodiil-cheating-exploiting-you/p1

If you have any further questions about why you should play the game as intended, report and avoid any bugs you find, and not exploit any broken, bugged, or glitched parts of the game, I direct you to the Terms of Service and the Code of Conduct you (we all) signed when we all play the game.
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well to be honest I like it when people take risks and I like playing games full of risk takers.. if they are being banned then I think maybe I am in the wrong game..
    No wonder I was getting bored...
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭

B. ZOS has already stated that bypassing the need to siege keep walls with stuff like DK leaps is an exploit. AKA, siegeing is intended. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/278031/cyrodiil-cheating-exploiting-you/p1

This is B/S and an example of where bad game design actually brings good, fun features to an otherwise bland (ish) situation.

Did you ever play Skyrim and have killed dragons persist in the world sort of quivering and shaking when you interacted with them? This has subsequently been integrated into other games!

Ever been in Cyrodiil during a particularly laggy period and you find that time stops and you bounce back to where you were a few moments before?
    They turned this into a skill in the Psijic Order skill line!! UNDO!! https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Undo

They should bring back Dk leaps into keeps as soon as possible imo, in fact they just need to employ people who understand what makes a game fun and whose entire job spec is to try to retain experienced risk takers rather than only caring that the crown store is paying their salary...

• ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well to be honest I like it when people take risks and I like playing games full of risk takers.. if they are being banned then I think maybe I am in the wrong game..
    No wonder I was getting bored...

Perhaps you are right.
    CP: 1930 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several baiting comments. This is a reminder to stay on topic with the thread and avoid posting baiting comments that could derail the thread. If comments can't remain constructive, the thread will be closed. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you notice the lock on your neighbors door is busted, do you call all your friends, have everybody go in and steal stuff, then blame your neighbor for "tempting" you with a broken lock? Good luck making that argument to the authorities! Or do you say, "Hey, neighbor. Your lock looks busted. Might want to call a locksmith and get that fixed."
  • moonio
    moonio
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I think most of my comments here are due to my narrowly avoiding an armed robbery this morning.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5807439/Regent-Street-shoppers-flee-knife-wielding-thugs-outside-Swiss-watch-shop.html

I had walked past that shop only moments earlier and heard them crash their mopeds into the door.

I guess thats an example of risk taking in the real world..

I think it shook me up a bit, especially when the robbers decided to drive along the pavement on a moped at high speed narrowly missing pedestrians..

But still, this is why risk taking in a virtual environment is so important.. it keeps it off the streets... maybe..
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you went against the agreement and agreed to being banned (we all have to do this to play)

Yep it’s legal where I live (USA)
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on June 5, 2018 2:57PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • kilo_mds
    kilo_mds
    Soul Shriven
    7 hours later... everyone still suspended .
  • KittyVonPurr
    @NewBlacksmurf well that's horse ***. How is that even fair?
  • KittyVonPurr
    @kilo_mds yes I know...
  • MörKi
    MörKi
    ✭✭✭✭
    The waiting and the uncertainty are the worst .... :'(
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because they are exploiting, which is against the ToS that they agreed to by creating an account and playing the game. It's pretty simple.

I am 100% in favor of permanent bans for all egregious exploiters.
  • kilo_mds
    kilo_mds
    Soul Shriven

Because they are exploiting, which is against the ToS that they agreed to by creating an account and playing the game. It's pretty simple.

I am 100% in favor of permanent bans for all egregious exploiters.

Ppl glitched a skin , a cosmetic item that doesnt influence gameplay in any way . Its ok to buy skins in crown store but if you “ glitch “ a skin you should be permabanned ? Lol some ppl ...
    Edited by kilo_mds on June 5, 2018 5:49PM
  • altair1969
    altair1969
    ✭✭✭
    Suspensions must be decided today...
    Someone know if it's done please?
  • KittyVonPurr
    @altair1969 they have untill midnight tonight.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1064 suspended accounts pre ordered summerset isles and was informed that they would have investigations completed by June 5th in time to receive the dlc they paid real money for they cannot log into summerset isles nor have they been advised to apply for a refund is that legal ???

How many sentences is this?
    I hate these typing diarrhea attacks.
  • Hostee
    Hostee
    ✭✭✭
    Bro your accounts are gonna be terminated more than likely.
  • Breedj01
    Breedj01
    ✭✭✭
    Nah.
    Where are all the Oranges? Plenty of other fruits in tamriel... Where are the Oranges??
  • Breedj01
    Breedj01
    ✭✭✭
    But let's not discuss disciplinary action
    Edited by Breedj01 on June 5, 2018 9:27PM
    Where are all the Oranges? Plenty of other fruits in tamriel... Where are the Oranges??
  • KittyVonPurr
    It's been lifted