Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773
We will be performing maintenance on the PTS on Wednesday at 3:00AM EDT (7:00 UTC).

Jewelry Nodes Please Increase

Castielle
Castielle
✭✭✭
Spent about 30 mins in Summerset today trying to gather crafting materials for Jewelry and another 20 in Auridon afterwards. I found a grand total of 3 Nodes in that time, which wasn't even enough to refine once. By comparison I found over 60 ore nodes, and plenty of cloth and wood. If this doesn't increase I think Jewelry Crafting will become a novelty instead of a fundamental part of the game.

Right now it takes 10x more materials to upgrade Jewelry than it does any other equipment. If the only way you can gain the materials necessary is by mining these nodes and refining the materials (besides deconstructing gold jewelry which few people will do), then it will take someone weeks of non-stop farming just to get enough mats to gold out one ring or necklace. This is WAY TOOO LONG!

I sincerely urge this to be changed...

Cas
Edited by Castielle on April 19, 2018 5:54AM
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    I partially disagree. On launch day I was running around the map, not looking for crafting materials specifically, and within the first hour I had 8-9 nodes found.

What I agree with is, what someone else wrote in an other thread: After launch on live it will be very hard to gather those materials because way more players will compete for those nodes. There I see frustration coming up since it will take long, especially for ppl who cant play all day or during uncrowded times.

I dont know if there is a possibility to dynamically increase amount of nodes spawning depending on how many players are online (not counting each one ofc, but like every 100), but this would be a solution for that which makes it rare in all times.
    PC - EU
    Primary: PvP: magSorc, magNB, PvE: DK Tank, Templar Heal
    Secondary: PvP: magDK, Templar, PvE: Warden something
    Options
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, so far I've spent hours and hours in Summerset and haven't even seen a single one. And on launch its going to be insane. In the base game I often go from node to node, there seems to be a ton of ore and wood and cloth now.

Personally I think they should just use the GW2 method and phase nodes to the player.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
    Options
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've found only 1 in Summerset, and I've explored a lot of the map.
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They probably want to have less nodes, and thus make people grind more, so they play the content for longer and don't notice how superficial and empty it really is. I'm starting to get sick and tired of this artificial rarity that makes you run for hours on a make-believe treadmill. Looking at this it looks more efficient to just grind dolmens with a maximum level character, and simply decon the jewels that drop there for skill level up and materials after launch. It's boring but at least you get a guaranteed "ingot" for every piece of jewelry and some inspiration from deconning it and there are zones where you can cycle through all 3 dolmens in 5-6 minutes.
    Edited by Asardes on April 19, 2018 10:06AM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Castielle
    Castielle
    ✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    They probably want to have less nodes, and thus make people grind more, so they play the content for longer and don't notice how superficial and empty it really is. I'm starting to get sick and tired of this artificial rarity that makes you run for hours on a make-believe treadmill. Looking at this it looks more efficient to just grind dolmens with a maximum level character, and simply decon the jewels that drop there for skill level up and materials after launch. It's boring but at least you get a guaranteed "ingot" for every piece of jewelry and some inspiration from deconning it and there are zones where you can cycle through all 3 dolmens in 5-6 minutes.

Accept you can't get gold mats that way...

Cas
    Options
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Castielle wrote: »

Cas

For those there's always that ~20 minutes vAA HM with guild mates for 2 pieces of gold jewelry. I'd say that's a much safer bet than refining, by looking at the odds from other materials. You only get roughly 1 gold temper per stack, but deconstructing gold gear from leaderboards (you get a lot of silly combos like Inferno staff of ... Eternal Yokeda) I always get a gold temper back. It's basically impossible to collect 2 stacks of jewelry materials and refine them in 20 minutes and get 2 tempers from them, considering the stated rarity.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cas

For those there's always that ~20 minutes vAA HM with guild mates for 2 pieces of gold jewelry. I'd say that's a much safer bet than refining, by looking at the odds from other materials. You only get roughly 1 gold temper per stack, but deconstructing gold gear from leaderboards (you get a lot of silly combos like Inferno staff of ... Eternal Yokeda) I always get a gold temper back. It's basically impossible to collect 2 stacks of jewelry materials and refine them in 20 minutes and get 2 tempers from them, considering the stated rarity.

2 gold rings won't give you 2 tempers either, it gives you 1/5 th of a temper at max...
    Options
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I played for a few hours running all over the coast and towards the more rocky regions and didn't find a single one :D
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
    Options
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far out of hours of exploring I've only come across one. This is beyond unreasonable, especially considering come launch those who have mapped out the spawn locations will hold the monopoly on the nodes. It's like chest farming in Vvardenfell all over again.

Increase the amount of nodes.
    Options
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be also players who may just skip gathering the regular metal ore nodes, thus reducing the refresh rate of them coming up as jewelry nodes the next time they spawn.
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've see about three in Summerset proper, and I was wondering how much of that was node rarity and how much of that was that the nodes look like slightly shiny but otherwise indistinguishable blobs. I admit I haven't spent much time looking for them though.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    I still see a danger in general increase of the jewelerey material nodes, because ppl who play more or can play in times with less players online will in certain way still have monopoly on the materials.

Just imagine you playing only evenings during full server load, even with a increase you wont get much out. On the other hand a number of players who play in the mornings will have a lot more nodes to harvest.

There should be some kind of mechanism that gives every player (nearly) the same chances to get materials, thats the real solution. General increasing of nodes wont help those who cant play in good times, but those who can.
    Therefore my suggestion is to adapt node spawning to online player count, which is without doubt better, than increasing generally.
    PC - EU
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, I have to echo the annoyance and disappointment in the inexplicable paucity of jewelry nodes. I just spent about 3 hrs running around Summerset, and while finding an abundance of the usual mats, I found 1 node. I can't really understand why the game developers would go that route. This was my primary interest in engaging this beta and this experience leaves me little incentive to waste any more of my time.
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Seams (JC nodes) are not limited to Summerset.
    2. I don't think they spawn 50:50 with ore. I would prefer they don't share a spawn point at all due to player who skip shared nodes - this is how all the flower spawns end up as wormwood!
    3. When I checked Summerset I also had the experience of finding 2 JC nodes and well over 20 ore ones - i wasn't farming. I thought it might be due to everyone grabbing JC node when they see it but not caring about the ore...

Options
  • axxlesoft_ESO
    axxlesoft_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you having trouble finding nodes on Summerset, have you checked other zones?
    Options
  • Darlon
    Darlon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those of you having trouble finding nodes on Summerset, have you checked other zones?

Yes, same story... extremely rare, even in empty zones...
    Options
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Node spawns definitely felt lower. It didn't feel too bad in the thieves guild area, but it felt pretty bad in Rivenspire, Craglorn, and Gold Coast. The big issue is with upgrades costing 8 times as much as armor and nodes being about 50-66% less common you will have to harvest for 16-24 times longer just to upgrade rings and necks.

Other issue I found is that even with the keen eye skill trained the nodes blended in with the background a lot of the time. All the other crafting nodes show up as red except for alchemy mats. The bland white color of the platinum nodes tended to be harder to spot.

I refined 1600 materials and I got back 13 gold grains. Following that average it would take about 11,000 ore to upgrade one piece of jewelry. I was able to harvest about 80 ore in 30 minutes, which actually seemed a bit lucky. At this rate it would take around 70 hours of harvesting to upgrade one piece of jewelry.

I believe either the amount of grains to make one plating needs to come down or the node rate needs to be increased a lot. I realize this isn't meant to be as easy to make as gold armor and weapons, but it shouldn't be this insane.

I would recommend doubling the node rate and dropping the amount of grains required for plating to 3 or 4 max. In closing gold jewelry is already a bit of a luxury so don't freak out at the initial findings.
    Edited by Synapsis123 on April 20, 2018 10:17PM
    Options
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It actually requires x100 the materials as other general crafting systems.

To make an white rarity dagger, you refine 10 ore, use a trait stone (found in wholes), and a style mat (found in wholes). To upgrade it to green takes 2 upgrade mats (also found in wholes).

To make a white rarity necklace, you refine 10 dust, and refine 10 unrefined trait mats into one useable trait mat. To upgrade it to green requires (at max rank) 20 unrefined materials to obtain two usable upgrade mats.

That’s x10 the materials to create it, and x10 the material to upgrade it.
    Options
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still see a danger in general increase of the jewelerey material nodes, because ppl who play more or can play in times with less players online will in certain way still have monopoly on the materials.

Just imagine you playing only evenings during full server load, even with a increase you wont get much out. On the other hand a number of players who play in the mornings will have a lot more nodes to harvest.

There should be some kind of mechanism that gives every player (nearly) the same chances to get materials, thats the real solution. General increasing of nodes wont help those who cant play in good times, but those who can.
    Therefore my suggestion is to adapt node spawning to online player count, which is without doubt better, than increasing generally.

It does not matter if the amounts gained are high or low. The same people will remain with the same percentage above others that have less time to play.

The game is about get rewarded for your time in the game doing things, make it a level reward for all per day no matter your effort. That will kill the game fast.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am afraid that what they will do is increase the jewelry nodes, and decrease the ore nodes, since reports are that these are now at the same locations. I don't expect them to increase jewelry without punishing us in some other manner.

So, no... leave the spawn rate for the jewelry nodes where it is now.
    Edited by Elsonso on April 20, 2018 11:59PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IDK what to think of the extra grind for jewelry mats and especially the extra grind for upgrade mats.

This is the second new craft that has been introduced after the game's original 6. You can sort of see the reasoning behind the furniture crafting excessive mats requirement nonsense (it's obnoxious but you can see the reasoning) since crafted furniture is a direct competitor with crown shop furniture sales.

But what's the reasoning behind making jewelry crafting and upgrading extra grindy both in gathering and in decon upgrade mat results on top of already making all pre-Summerset jewelry not decon? I mean there is no cash shop competition here (as far as we know so far.) It just feels like a random extra grind for no particular good reason on par with giving ridiculously low limit to the max number of transmutation stones you can have saved.

It just seems ill-conceived to me and a symptom of shallow developmental thinking.
    Options
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I just went to one of my personal super secret high-density low-competition farming areas (I was the only one there), and there was... one node. Exactly one. If anyone else had been in the area I'm pretty certain I never would have seen it.

I went to KR afterward, and I found a decent amount... but I also had the entire island to myself.

I dig it being rare, but maybe not quite this rare.
    Options
  • Gnyxl
    Gnyxl
    I'm assuming Jewelry Crafting stations & resources will be made available across all game maps after Summerset goes live? Or will this remain exclusive to the Summerset map? Also, will it be available generally, or only to those who purchase content?
    Options
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    I ran around Vvardenfall looking for nodes - just to see how many were there without any competition - I found two on one toon and one on the other after about half an hour of farming.

IMO I think they definitely need to be more common.

At that rate, with pretty much the whole game farming them , you'll almost never find one.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
    Options
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The craft stations and nodes are throughout the game, certification might only be in Summerset though.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
    Options
  • schattenkind
    schattenkind
    ✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »

It does not matter if the amounts gained are high or low. The same people will remain with the same percentage above others that have less time to play.

The game is about get rewarded for your time in the game doing things, make it a level reward for all per day no matter your effort. That will kill the game fast.

I honestly dont get your point. All I suggest is adapting the spawn timers to player count, which will grant each player nearly the same chances to get materials, regardless if the server load is 100 players or 10.000 players, chances to get remain almost the same. As it is now, when you try farming on weekends afternoon, you find yourself running after 10 players who already farmed all nodes and end up with 2 mushrooms and 7 rubedit ore, coz some of them have overseen this node. Go at 7 in the monday morning, and you'll find yourself to be in an ocean full of nodes to harvest.. With what I suggest, there would be none of both but an average and for all nearly equal chances, no matter the time you play. How would this kill the game?

[Btw. I wrote more on that in the official jewelery crafting thread, also puting numbers (not exact tho, tbh) and explaining the idea more.]
    Edited by schattenkind on April 21, 2018 8:37AM
    PC - EU
    Options
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There aren't many in Summerset, but I tested out one of my usual harvesting routes and there were tons of them.

My worry is that because about 1/3 of ore nodes now randomly spawn as jewelry nodes, that there is going to be insufficient ore pickup when harvesting, and higher rarity of blacksmithing tempers as a result.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
    Options
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    Forgive me in advance.. I need to express my frustration.. I have been running around various places in game trying to farm Seams for ore.

The way it is set up right now is frustrating and is causing players to act like jerks..

I went around a small circuit say 6-8 nodes and farmed the Rubedite ore.

Then as I was circling back , and seeing the respawn was indeed the Platinum I needed .. other players sniped them right from under me.. and not just once.

I even tried changing my location to have this person follow me.

So yeah sure they "got there before me"

However I observed on at least two occasions a player following me as I harvested the Rubedite and then followed me to jump in front of me to take the seam I "cultivated".

This is frustrating and kind of rude. They knew full well what they were doing, I don't want to fight people for the materials or feel compelled to camp out on a single spot waiting to see what spawns.

There needs to be more seams, with JUST jewelry materials. Or reward us with more frequent Jewelry maps for writs
    and I have yet to get a single gold plating from any source..

Edited by Allypage on June 4, 2018 4:43AM
    Options
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent about 30 mins in Summerset today trying to gather crafting materials for Jewelry and another 20 in Auridon afterwards. I found a grand total of 3 Nodes in that time, which wasn't even enough to refine once. By comparison I found over 60 ore nodes, and plenty of cloth and wood. If this doesn't increase I think Jewelry Crafting will become a novelty instead of a fundamental part of the game.

Right now it takes 10x more materials to upgrade Jewelry than it does any other equipment. If the only way you can gain the materials necessary is by mining these nodes and refining the materials (besides deconstructing gold jewelry which few people will do), then it will take someone weeks of non-stop farming just to get enough mats to gold out one ring or necklace. This is WAY TOOO LONG!

I sincerely urge this to be changed...

Cas

no please dont they already ate alot of ore veins if anything lower what the cost of the stuff is
    Options
  • Kikke
    Kikke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    how about also mining the blacksmithing materials so there are more spots for seams too spawn? works like a charm for me. 1/5 veins is a seam.
    Cleared Trials:
    - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
    -Someone said it, I guess.
    Options